What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Prison Break thread (1 Viewer)

People are still watching this? What's next? "Ow, My Balls"?

Not to pull the whole "You kids stay off my lawn" routine, but is it just me or have the last couple years gone totally downhilll in terms of quality TV?

Three years ago we had Heroes S1 (awesome), Prison Break S1 (pretty good), Dexter S1 (awesome), Lost S1/S2 (good), and BSG S2 (awesome).

Heroes S2 sucked. S3 is unwatchable.

Prison Break S2 was "ok", and S3 was BAD. S4 just insulted me.

Dexter S2 was meh. Haven't started S3.

Lost and BSG are the only two still standing.

Is there anything else good out there that will replace the "wow" factor we once had with Heroes, Prison Break, and Dexter? I'm giving S1 of "Eureka" a try which isn't bad. But other than that I'm fresh out of ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
TexanFan02 said:
Oh, COME ON!
I actually like it...finally an interesting developement and a realization that either the Company or T-Bag are the source of all evil in the known world...My only problem with it is that the promo on my tivo ruined the surprise for me because it says outright that someone in Michael's team turns on them this episode, and once Self took Scylla from Michael he was the only one left that could turn...

TexanFan02 said:
Oh, COME ON!
You act suprised they got duped by Rappy..
It wasn't a suprise, more of a disappointment. This season had actually been halfway decent lately and that was kind of a silly turn. They threw in his boss scenes and the secretary agent asking to see it again to try and throw us off. It was just kind of disappointing because you know T-bag is going to escape somehow and it all starts again.I am not sure how they could have kept the show going if the company was crushed, but I think almost any story line would have been better. The only way the show stays OK is if Self gets pummelled quickly. If they extend the Self story too long, it will get worse.

TexanFan02 said:
Oh, COME ON!
It wasn't a suprise, more of a disappointment. This season had actually been halfway decent lately and that was kind of a silly turn. They threw in his boss scenes and the secretary agent asking to see it again to try and throw us off. It was just kind of disappointing because you know T-bag is going to escape somehow and it all starts again.I am not sure how they could have kept the show going if the company was crushed, but I think almost any story line would have been better. The only way the show stays OK is if Self gets pummelled quickly. If they extend the Self story too long, it will get worse.
actually, I've been reading some responses to this, and if you re-watch teh past episodes, a lot of stuff that Self did makes a lot more sense now when you see that he did this...I mean, what FBI agent hires a group of 7 convicts to bring down a giant conspiracy like the company? They'd have to be stupid...

TexanFan02 said:
Oh, COME ON!
actually, I've been reading some responses to this, and if you re-watch teh past episodes, a lot of stuff that Self did makes a lot more sense now when you see that he did this...I mean, what FBI agent hires a group of 7 convicts to bring down a giant conspiracy like the company? They'd have to be stupid...
Not really my point, though. I just don't like extending the story line just to extend it.Also, it isn't like Self acted alone. His boss knew, I think that Senator knew (already had the appointment) and dozens of other agents knew as well. If it were just him, then sure it would have made more sense for the double cross. Again, it wasn't surprising and I thought it made the season worse when it had just gotten much better.I wonder if the 24 writers have taken over this show. This reeks of some of the worse (I like 24, btw) story lines like that one terrorist one where melting down all of the nuclear plants in the US was just a rouse to steal one nuke to try and start WWIII. That story kept jumping plot lines just to get all 24 episodes.

I got an ending: Self sells it back to the company, and then next season the convicts have to try to steal it back! brilliant! :confused:

Oh, COME ON!
Ya it was rather obvious.How many shows until they break? I don't think they will extend this too long, but then again, I don't know what they'd do if the Company is destroyed somehow. I don't see them doing the prison thing again, that's for sure.

Am I crazy or did I keep hearing that last week was the season finale? I was very surprised to see previews for next week.

Sigh...

This show keeps going from:

Ok, this shows promise...

To

Oh, COME ON!

About every 5 minutes. It's getting silly.

Sigh...This show keeps going from:Ok, this shows promise...To Oh, COME ON!About every 5 minutes. It's getting silly.
I agree with you on last night's episode, a little BLAH. Seriously Mahone you're gonna trust that guy who effed you in the first place. Really.

I am pretty dissapointed. This season, I thought, started out with so much promise. I have watched this show since the beginning. Now, I have missed the past 4 weeks. I have them on DVR but my desire to go back and watch them all to catch up just is not there.

I think the writers of LOST have it right. Figure out an end date and write your story to that end date. Wrap up all the crazy loose ends and have a good story line. Prison Break needs an end date where the characters story lines can be wrapped up. They can't just go on evading police, government agencies etc. forever.

Anybody still watching? I've been taping the Friday night episodes and catching it on the weekends. It's still entertaining. Series finale coming up on Friday.

Anybody still watching? I've been taping the Friday night episodes and catching it on the weekends. It's still entertaining. Series finale coming up on Friday.
Yes, mostly because I invested the time into watching it before so I kind of feel obligated to finish it up and while the premise is beyond stupid now, it still entertains me.

I still think it's a great show, but it's hard for a show like this to last long because it continues to build off the previous episodes, making it hard for new viewers to jump on board. If anything, they have a peak number of viewers at some point during Season 1 or 2, and it slowly drops off. Love the show, sad to see it go...

Is the wrap-up only 1 hour?

Michael really has a lot to figure out. Perhaps he somehow pits his mother against the General, they do the fighting, he slips in and saves his girl and "brother"..Not sure how he'd actually pull it off though in about 45 minutes.

**2-HOUR SERIES FINALE** --"PRISON BREAK" -- (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)

NOT EVERYONE GETS A HAPPY ENDING ON THE ALL-NEW 2-HOUR SERIES FINALE OF "PRISON BREAK" FRIDAY, MAY 15, ON FOX

**2-HOUR SERIES FINALE** --"PRISON BREAK" -- (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)NOT EVERYONE GETS A HAPPY ENDING ON THE ALL-NEW 2-HOUR SERIES FINALE OF "PRISON BREAK" FRIDAY, MAY 15, ON FOX
Me and the wife used to tune in every week but didnt even know it was on tv the last six months.... when did it come back on? Last episode I saw we were introduced to Michaels mother

**2-HOUR SERIES FINALE** --"PRISON BREAK" -- (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)NOT EVERYONE GETS A HAPPY ENDING ON THE ALL-NEW 2-HOUR SERIES FINALE OF "PRISON BREAK" FRIDAY, MAY 15, ON FOX
I'm glad it's getting a 2 hour finale....I'm guessing Teabag won't be having a happy ending.

Every once in a while I fast forward my DVR and see a quick glimpse of a Prison Break commercial....and every time I say to myself "that show is still on? and people are still watching it?"

Used to be one of my faves a couple of years ago, but at some point it just needed to end. In my mind it did a while ago.

Me and the wife used to tune in every week but didnt even know it was on tv the last six months.... when did it come back on? Last episode I saw we were introduced to Michaels mother
Yeah, I got lost with the time off, too. I missed alot of episodes b/c I didn't know they were on, so I just decided to stop watching and catch the DVDs when they come out. What I saw of it looked pretty good, though.

eagles2007 said:
Gadfly said:
Why Michael, why!
figured it was happening as soon as the nose started bleeding on the beach. still, pretty sad at the end to see the son and see linc put the paper cutout on top of the headstone.
:thumbdown: I liked the ending except for that, but it was still good. Question for anybody that followed the show: Who was the guy with Sucre in the last episode? I couldn't place him.

eagles2007 said:
Gadfly said:
Why Michael, why!
figured it was happening as soon as the nose started bleeding on the beach. still, pretty sad at the end to see the son and see linc put the paper cutout on top of the headstone.
:thumbdown: I liked the ending except for that, but it was still good. Question for anybody that followed the show: Who was the guy with Sucre in the last episode? I couldn't place him.
He was one of the convicts in Season 1--he was military and got set up to take a fall by an officer who was stealing the army blind. Got captured early in Season 2 when he had to choose between freedom and saving his family. Unless you mean the guy who was CIA/Company and was the major bad guy in Season 2 (and supposedly commited suicide at the end of that season).

eagles2007 said:
Gadfly said:
Why Michael, why!
He was one of the convicts in Season 1--he was military and got set up to take a fall by an officer who was stealing the army blind. Got captured early in Season 2 when he had to choose between freedom and saving his family. Unless you mean the guy who was CIA/Company and was the major bad guy in Season 2 (and supposedly commited suicide at the end of that season).
I get all confused. Was Kellerman the guy that supposedly got assasinated for clearing Sarah? Was the guy with Sucre the one that had the diabetic daughter or something where she had to get drugs? Also, it was interesting how things changed in this show. I remember the first season or two where Alex Mahone was an evil *******, but he became almost a hero later on. T-Bag seemed to go from irredeemable to hopeful to irredeemable throughout the series. I kind of don't like what they did with him at the end. He was actually a good salesman, think he could have succeeded at that. Of course, he probably would have screwed it up by killing a woman or something, so maybe he was better off in prison.

eagles2007 said:
Gadfly said:
Why Michael, why!
:confused: I liked the ending except for that, but it was still good. Question for anybody that followed the show: Who was the guy with Sucre in the last episode? I couldn't place him.
I get all confused. Was Kellerman the guy that supposedly got assasinated for clearing Sarah? Was the guy with Sucre the one that had the diabetic daughter or something where she had to get drugs? Also, it was interesting how things changed in this show. I remember the first season or two where Alex Mahone was an evil *******, but he became almost a hero later on. T-Bag seemed to go from irredeemable to hopeful to irredeemable throughout the series. I kind of don't like what they did with him at the end. He was actually a good salesman, think he could have succeeded at that. Of course, he probably would have screwed it up by killing a woman or something, so maybe he was better off in prison.
Yes to the daughter. My recollection is that Kellerman was about to spill the beans on the entire Company/fake assassination scheme, not just clear Sarah, but I think you've got the right guy.I sure wouldn't want to go through life knowing I was responsible for putting T-Bag back on the street. It would only be a question of when, not it, he went off on some innocent.

eagles2007 said:
Gadfly said:
Why Michael, why!
:confused: I liked the ending except for that, but it was still good. Question for anybody that followed the show: Who was the guy with Sucre in the last episode? I couldn't place him.
Yeah, Kellerman's the one that turned himself in at the end S2 and testified to clear Tancredi of her charges. Some gunmen intercepted his transport van. I assumed (like most, I think) that they came to kill him for the info. he gave up.The one with the diabetic daughter (or some disease) was C-Note (the black dude that was in the military), not Sucre.Oops. Misread that. Yeah, the guy WITH Sucre is the one with the daughter.

:confused: I liked the ending except for that, but it was still good.

Question for anybody that followed the show: Who was the guy with Sucre in the last episode? I couldn't place him.
Yes and yes.I sure wouldn't want to go through life knowing I was responsible for putting T-Bag back on the street. It would only be a question of when, not it, he went off on some innocent.
Ok, thanks. I agree, if they had to sacrifice a character that didn't die, T-Bag was the choice. And really, he's used to prison and can thrive there. Plus he probably deserves it. I did enjoy the over the top electric chair scene. It was kind of awesome, within the context of the show.

I finally got around to watching the finale tonight. I really don't understand the ending for Michael. Did the Company give him 'fake' medical care? I liked the show, but I'm glad it's over. I was just about to pull the DVR plug until I heard it was coming to an end. How many tims can the same 10 people point guns at each other?

I just finished season 1. Meh.Should I waste my time and watch the rest?
abso####inglutely
No, no, NO. Run away. S1 was OK, but S2 was bad and it gets even worse from there. Go watch Teletubbies or something, it's more interesting.Things you should watch instead:Breaking BadBSGHeroes S1 (only S1)Dexter (the latest season was pretty good)Tru Blood
I was focusing more on the "waste his time" side of things. This show turned ridonculous PDQ.

I have started watching this for the first time so I have not read the thread in fear of spoilers.

I am at episode 17 ( just after the 3 year flash back episode) and have found it interesting enough to continue.

One question I am having a hard time answering with out getting spoilers is where does the movie Prison Break: The Final Break fit into the story line? Do I watch that after all 4 seasons are done?

Users who are viewing this thread