What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Great article, ghostwritten or not. It certainly feels like Darby's voice. Regardless, I don't think many people could have offered Sting the retirement tour that Tony Khan and the rest of AEW have. This run has been AWESOME and truly added to The Icon's legend.

Sting goes out a king, someone that broke through as a true titan of the business without being a part of the WWE machine.

Never know the ages in here, so while most may only know Virgil from the memes at empty tables, the man had a moment. When he finally turned on Ted DiBiase at the 1991 Royal Rumble, it was one of the better slow burn to huge pop moments at the time.

RIP Mike Jones
I remember that...Virgil was the ever-faithful servant to DiBiase. His NWO run was pathetic, IMO. Just a shell of himself. I'll always remember him as Virgil. RIP.

BREAKING NEWS: US Government to Cancel VISAs for 20 CMLL Wrestlers; AEW/CMLL Plans in Jeopardy

PWInisder reports 19 luchadors including Volador Jr., Hechicero, and Mascara Dorada as well as Blue Panther, Dulce Gardenia, El Sagrado, El Suicida, Electrico, Espiritu Negro, Euforia, Fugaz, Gemelo Diablo 1 and 2, Magico, Robin, Sangre Imperial, Soberano, Templario, and referee Sagaz are expected to be impacted and unable to perform in the United States as of today.

PWInisder sources say this visa blowup is the result of Texas independent wrestling promotion Full Blown Pro Wrestling, who had sponsored the group visas for the CMLL talents, running into issues with CMLL management throughout the visa process.

PWInsider.com was told that the US Department of Homeland Security contacted Full Blown Pro Wrestling promoter Jerry Cadena with questions regarding the visas and that he was informed that he could be accused of fraud if the visas were flagged due to the issue. (PWInisder could not confirm what issue caused this phone call in the first place)

Jerry Cadena had previously been told by CMLL management that they would take care of any issues on their end by getting in touch with the United States Embassy in Mexico. However, the Embassy does not handle VISAs and CMLL has ceased communicating with the FBPW owner.

With Cadena's name remaining on the line legally, he informed the United States Government he no longer had any intentions of working with CMLL going forward and that any agreements he signed to work with their talents were being terminated as of 2/28, which would be today.

This could be more legal issues for WWE if true

Matt Riddle told the MMA Hour today that he failed multiple drug test for cocaine, while working for WWE.

Great article, ghostwritten or not. It certainly feels like Darby's voice. Regardless, I don't think many people could have offered Sting the retirement tour that Tony Khan and the rest of AEW have. This run has been AWESOME and truly added to The Icon's legend.

Sting goes out a king, someone that broke through as a true titan of the business without being a part of the WWE machine.
Really cool how he wanted to take a backseat, not win a title and then mentors a you g talent like he has. Crow sting and TNA versions are still my favorite. Still bummed we never got our Sting vs Taker match at Mania

Matthew Jackson on Young Bucks being synonymous with AEW: (via SI)

“AEW will always be our baby. It’s our life’s work. We sought out to change the world, and we did just that. We created a new workplace for so many deserving people. Tons of talented individuals received a spotlight that they may have not gotten otherwise. And several people’s careers were taken to new heights because of the sole existence of AEW.

We sparked the movement that created a revolution that birthed AEW. We were the fresh, young, disruptors who thought outside of the box and spat in the face of tradition.

Sometimes you have to protect the thing you love the most, from people who don’t fit the image of what this is supposed to be.”

I mean, I know it's Sting and maybe it was important to him to have Ric involved... but jesus christ that spot with him last night was cringe-worthy and just amplified the perception of how B-show AEW really is.

The Wardlow promo from last week, on the other hand, hell yeah they got something with him.

THR reports Dwayne Johnson has secured ownership rights for several names & catchphrases:

• “The Rock”
• “Team Corporate”
• “Rock Nation”
• “Roody Poo”
• “Candy ***”
• “Jabroni”
• “If you smell what The Rock is cooking”
•”The Samoan Sensation”
• “The Blue Chipper”
• “The People’s Champion”
• “The Great One”
• “Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth”
• “The Rock Just Bring It”
• “The People’s Elbow”
• “Rock Bottom”
• “Finally, The Rock has come back”
• “It doesn’t matter what…”
• “Rockpocalypse”
• “Project Rock”
• “The most electrifying man in sports and entertainment.”

“I didn’t teach Darby Allin much about wrestling, other than some psychology here or there. I did teach him that less is more. I taught him that sometimes it’s good to lose, if you can learn to lose the right way.

He’s got the wrestling down. I’ve learned so much from him. I couldn’t have been this successful without him.”

- Sting (via Sports Illustrated)

"I have been thinking ever since I won the belt that I have to put this belt on the line and beat Moné to overturn this saying. I can't tell you right now where I will go from here, but I will continue to defend this belt until I find Moné.”

— Giulia via Tokyo Sports

Fightful Select reports that AEW applied for the trademark “AEW Dynasty” back on February 22, and that the new filing is associated with a spring pay-per-view that is currently being discussed internally.

Brandon Thurston asks Tony Khan who is on AEW’s disciplinary committee

Tony Khan says they are trained professionals including 2 attorneys, and Bryan Danielson

According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE still has no official launch date for their new NXT Europe brand.

WWE shut down NXT UK in 2022, with plans to debut NXT Europe soon, but, there has been no progress since last year, with no start date in the near future.

Fightful Select reports AEW and Tony Khan conferred with Martha Hart regarding Sting's rafter entrance, and Martha gave her blessing.

WON: Regarding Sting footage that can be used on Revolution, WWE owns all his footage from Mid South, Jim Crockett Promotions and WCW.

AEW has gotten his New Japan footage which is expected to be used this week, and they'd easily be able to get the NOAH footage. It is not expected that any of the WWE owned footage would be part of the PPV show.

The Rock has issued a challenge.

The main event of night 1 of Wrestlemania 40 in Philadelphia will be Rock and Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins in a tag match.

If Cody/Seth win, every member of The Bloodline is barred from ringside for Cody’s title match on night 2.

If Rock and Roman win, it’s “Bloodline Rules” for the WWE Undisputed Universal Championship match.

Roman asks The Rock to acknowledge him and Rock does it’s but with a little bit of hesitation in his voice.

Meanwhile, speaking of stupidity, Roman Reigns fans on X/Twitter take the cake. They keep going on and on about how Reigns needs to hold the belt long enough to beat Hogan's record, while being oblivious to the fact that Hogan doesn't hold the record. I guess if one wants to act like Bruno and Bob Backlund, two legends of the business, were figments of everyone else's imagination, then, yeah, Hogan has the record, but to those of us with a functioning brain, we know better.

The random blackouts on tonight's WWE SmackDown broadcast on FOX was because of a fan that had a "Die Rocky Die" sign that the network kept censoring out.

- PWlnsider

Meanwhile, speaking of stupidity, Roman Reigns fans on X/Twitter take the cake. They keep going on and on about how Reigns needs to hold the belt long enough to beat Hogan's record, while being oblivious to the fact that Hogan doesn't hold the record. I guess if one wants to act like Bruno and Bob Backlund, two legends of the business, were figments of everyone else's imagination, then, yeah, Hogan has the record, but to those of us with a functioning brain, we know better.
They are dislussional I filed a police report against several for threatening me and my family. These fans are insane

Happy birthday to Lance Kurtis McNaught. He is known as Lance Cade. Lance was a wrestler who was trained by HBK Shawn Michael when he went to Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy. After he was trained he was signed to WWE. Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch were a great tag team who became popular together. After his WWE run, he wrestled for numerous indie promotions. He did have a short stint with All Japan Pro Wrestling. He was a two-time Heartland Wrestling Association HWA Heavyweight Champion. He was a one-time Texas Wrestling Academy TWA Television Champion. He was a three-time WWE World Tag Team Champion. He won more titles during his career. He was inducted into the Nebraska Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame class of 2022. Pro Wrestling Illustrated ranked him number 80 of the top 500 single wrestlers. Let's remember Lance on his day what a career he had 💗

WON: Revolution PPV is sold out with 16,084 tickets out, which would be the largest
crowd in the building in 25 years, since the June 27, 1999, WWF King of the Ring show which had
a smaller stage.

Andrew Zarian on AEW's plans for their wrestlers:

“They have great plans for [Ospreay]. Every conversation I've had with anybody in that company, it is very evident who their future is. Will Ospreay, Takeshita obviously is in that mix, Swerve Strickland, Hangman Page, Daniel Garcia, Orange Cassidy, obviously Okada. These are guys they put great emphasis on, in that next generation of talent.”

According to a report by Fightful Select, Naomi and Tiffany Stratton‘s time on SmackDown was cut short by almost 10 minutes last night, after The Rock’s promo went long in the segment right before theirs.

This led to Naomi getting her entrance during the commercial break, and the match being cut short.

Some news on the WWExAJPW partnership. Monthly Puroresu (so already take that however you want) reports that Nakajima was signed to AJPW with intentions of him going to NXT as Triple Crown Champion. The deal was made by a 3rd party and has annoyed people in both AJPW & NOAH. WWE interest is now dead and they refused to send anyone over for the Championship Carnival. The AJPW president and executives have heat for trying to stray from Giant Baba's vision of AJPW as well as trying to force a partnership with WWE through a 3rd party.

Charlie Dempsey's appearance and match failed to meet expectations and the belief is that WWE isn't interested in Nakajima. To add, AJPW fans don't like the WWE bootlicking or their creative direction and NOAH has accused WWE of talent poaching.

Rumor Killer: Rumors had been flying this weekend that Ricky Starks is a free agent.

Fightful reports AEW sources tell them Ricky Starks is still under contract with AEW, as of today.

“Tony Khan was going to give Sting the option to pick whoever he wanted to face, and that would include pretty much anyone on the AEW roster or most other rosters besides WWE since Khan would have given him any match he wanted that involved talent he could have access to. When he was asked who he wanted to face, they were his choice, as he loved doing the Forbidden Door 2022 match in Chicago (Sting & Allin & Shingo Takagi vs. Bucks & El Phantasmo). The Young Bucks were originally going to take more time off before returning but Sting asked them and they weren’t about to turn that down.”

Dave Meltzer

What a match between Ospreay and Takeshita. WWE has nobody in its locker room that can deliver a technical brutal match that we just saw.

Steve’s sons also dressed as Surger sting and NWO Wolfpac sting and entered with Dad. Also got involved for a bit. What a moment and night for that entire family.

Users who are viewing this thread