What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Sting is not just a great wrestler but also a great person. Vader’s son said he comforted his father in his final days. He would make routine visits & calls

AEW delivers time and time again with their PPVs.

Godspeed Sting, hope we see you again when Darby makes his world title run. 🥲 🏄‍♂️ 🐦‍⬛

It's just insane. Ospreay vs Takeshita was a bonafide show stealer and ******** Sting takes it home with Match of the Night and a send-off to be remembered. 16,000+ at a sold out crowd in the Greensboro Coliseum.

Special stuff.

Still floored by how well that card delivered.

Eddie vs Danielson in a mauler
Ospreay vs Takeshita in a showcase of the future
Sting & Darby vs the Bucks in a showcase of an icon

Watch that show imo.

That glass stunt is so minor league. Even though it was not real glass (LOL at those who think it was), a lot of it came close to the crowd. Imagine if a fan got punctured by a flying piece of that (even though fake, it can still hurt ya). You need to be smarter and do that isolated away from the ring where there is no chance of any flying pieces coming close to the fans. Very unsafe.

According to a report by Fightful Select, Naomi and Tiffany Stratton‘s time on SmackDown was cut short by almost 10 minutes last night, after The Rock’s promo went long in the segment right before theirs.

This led to Naomi getting her entrance during the commercial break, and the match being cut short.
The Rock coming back continues to pay dividends :lmao:

That glass stunt is so minor league. Even though it was not real glass (LOL at those who think it was), a lot of it came close to the crowd. Imagine if a fan got punctured by a flying piece of that (even though fake, it can still hurt ya). You need to be smarter and do that isolated away from the ring where there is no chance of any flying pieces coming close to the fans. Very unsafe.
I heard fan(s) were hit by some of the glass but maybe that's not true...

Either way, it's a low budget move. And I generally don't go crazy over those kinds of high spots, as it feels like some wrestlers try to make themselves the next Mick Foley by doing a crazy spot like that glass break thing. The newer wrestling crowd seems to love those high spots, just like they love matches where guys kick out of 39 finishers, but it's indicative of how much the industry has changed, and not in a good way. I also think doing it in Sting's last match was pretty weak, as I saw that much of the post-match chatter was about that spot rather than Sting. If Allen was looking to upstage a legend in his last match, well, he did a fine job of it.

Either way, it's a low budget move. And I generally don't go crazy over those kinds of high spots, as it feels like some wrestlers try to make themselves the next Mick Foley by doing a crazy spot like that glass break thing. The newer wrestling crowd seems to love those high spots, just like they love matches where guys kick out of 39 finishers, but it's indicative of how much the industry has changed, and not in a good way. I also think doing it in Sting's last match was pretty weak, as I saw that much of the post-match chatter was about that spot rather than Sting. If Allen was looking to upstage a legend in his last match, well, he did a fine job of it.
I think Sting would rather have the spot light on Darby then him. The object of this was for the rub to come off of sting onto Alvin. Mission accomplished fine job by the Stinger

BREAKING: Fightful Select is reporting that Sammy Guevara is suspended for hitting his finisher on Jeff Hardy after Jeff sustained a concussion during their match on AEW Rampage.

Something that talent are told not to do.

John Cena states he was going to turn heel during the feud w/The Rock for WrestleMania 28.

A new song was prepared, all new gear, 7 new singlets, low-cut singlets w/boxing type robes & was ready to go but in the end thought it was a bad idea.

(Interview w/Chris Van Vilet)

PWInsider: Sources in Japan confirmed that Kazuchika Okada traveled last weekend in Los Angeles and he is still in the United States.

The expectation within Japan is that Okada will debut as an official roster member for AEW at tonight's Dynamite taping.

Once it was determined that Darby Allin would make the jump off the ladder through the glass at AEW Revolution, safety measures were applied.

A rehearsal occurred earlier than usual in the day, and a stunt coordinator instructed how to place the items and reviewed the proper protocols.

There were also nearby doctors anticipating the spot, and they were on high alert. And had Darby not been able to return to the match, the Young Bucks were prepared to call an alternate finish.

- Sports Illustrated

14m 3yrs for Okada

Fightful reports Kazuchika Okada will be on a full-time AEW deal and is planning to relocate to the United States.

Kinda geeked out at the US Express getting put into the WWE HOF together. They were at the first Wrestlemania, and while the team was barely a team together in the WWE, the lifetime work of both Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham deserves to have some flowers. Would expect an emotional speech as their family overall is celebrated.

Trips sharing with them the news

Sports Illustrated sources close to AEW and NJPW say Kazuchika Okada feels he will be given the best opportunity to succeed in AEW.

WWE was a real consideration for Okada, and he loved the idea of being part of a WrestleMania.

Multiple sources also confirmed that Okada really trusts AEW owner Tony Khan.

Dude F’d around and found out

PWTorch reports Kevin Kelly has been fired by AEW.

Kelly’s posts on social media last weekend against Ian Riccaboni cost him his job. Kelly had accused Riccaboni of "libel" against him after Riccaboni mentioned Kevin Kelly's support of the "Sound of Freedom" film on a discord server.

Kelly’s performances were also seen as subpar within AEW, "including Tony Khan apparently", since Tony Schiavone was called to take over the lead play-by-play role a few months into Collision’s run.

Fans in attendance at TNA “Sacrifice” had their pro Scott D’Amore signs taken away by building security.

Fans then passed out pieces of paper that said “We Want Scott”. Those were taken by security as well.

According to a new report from Fightful Select, Johnson has a significant voice in helping determine the 2024 WWE Hall of Fame class. One source indicated that Rock’s involvement would be apparent if inductees were announced as planned. Another source indicated that Johnson had influence on all of the inductees, though Fightful was unable to confirm that to be true.

Paul Heyman was the first member of the class of 2024 to be announced, followed by Bull Nakano. On March 8th, The US Express (Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham) were announced as the latest inductees.

Nick Khan congrats on being scumbag 4 in the lawsuit Brad Blum #5

BREAKING NEWS: WWE president Nick Khan and COO Brad Blum have been identified as Corporate Officers No. 1 and No. 2 in the lawsuit filed in January in federal court in Connecticut against the WWE, former chairman Vince McMahon, and former talent-relations executive John Laurinaitis.

The suit claims that Khan and Blum, whose names have not previously been reported, were instrumental to a scheme in which the plaintiff, a woman named Janel Grant, was employed “in a completely undefined role, except for the understanding that she remains a slave to be used and traffic*ed by McMahon within the WWE.”

Unlike McMahon and Laurinaitis, the two are not personally accused of misconduct or violence; rather, the suit claims that they and others facilitated and covered up exploitation in ways that make WWE liable.

Okada was heel at first when Chaos started.

Fightful reports Kazuchika Okada turning heel and joining the Elite has been planned since before Okada joined the company.

Tony Khan has reportedly long believed that Okada could be a big heel star in America for AEW. Based on their long-standing relationship with Okada, Khan believed Okada would have great chemistry with the Young Bucks.

Company officials are delighted with Okada's performance as a heel thus far, particularly his facial expressions in the spot.

The company felt it was important to debut Okada shortly after Sting's retirement as a big spot needed to be filled.

Can’t wait to listen to this later tonight Osprey would’ve had to permanently uprooted his family and move to ORL if he went to WWE

“Yeah, of course (I talked to WWE), but it was night and day. Even in differences of what they were offering and what AEW was offering, AEW was way better.

The scheduling, everything about AEW was completely the right option for me.

It was always, you can go be a superstar in WWE and famous, but it's not as good of pay and it's not as kind of a schedule. I respect everyone there doing it, but it's not for me."

- Will Ospreay via Talk is Jericho

Will Ospreay on why he chose AEW over WWE: “Even in differences of what they were offering and what AEW was offering, AEW was way better. It was night and day. The scheduling, everything about AEW was completely the right option for me.

It was always, you can go be a superstar in WWE and famous, but it's not as good of pay and it's not as kind of a schedule. I respect everyone there doing it, but it's not for me.

Main thing was, I wanted to be in the UK. I know I'm not going to be exactly comfortable moving to another country.

Tony Khan has given me nothing but trust and respect the moment I came in here. It was the right decision for me at this time. I'm happy here and looking forward to the challenges. It's the right decision.”

(via Talk is Jericho)

Last edited:
PWInsider reports sources tell them WWE is looking into potentially moving domestic PPVs to a 7PM EST start time but no final determination has been made as of this juncture.

As of now, the start time for both Wrestlemania 40 and Money in the Bank 2024 are slated to be 7PM Eastern.

Users who are viewing this thread