What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

The Wrestling Observer reports there will be Stardom and CMLL wrestlers on Forbidden Door in NYC

A couple of Stardom wrestlers (including AZM and likely Mina Shirakawa) will also be on the ROH Supercard of Honor show on April 5.

Okada was heel at first when Chaos started.

Fightful reports Kazuchika Okada turning heel and joining the Elite has been planned since before Okada joined the company.

Tony Khan has reportedly long believed that Okada could be a big heel star in America for AEW. Based on their long-standing relationship with Okada, Khan believed Okada would have great chemistry with the Young Bucks.

Company officials are delighted with Okada's performance as a heel thus far, particularly his facial expressions in the spot.

The company felt it was important to debut Okada shortly after Sting's retirement as a big spot needed to be filled.
Okada is best when presented like the Yankees or the Dodgers. Over time he turns from heel to face by sheer showmanship and work.

Saw the Mercedes Mone segment finally. The look is great, the gear is great, the hair is great, the music is good (although CEO chants need to be organic and not pumped in), but that finisher is still garbage. Too much setup, too much cooperation needed, and she won't be able to pull it off on anyone with size. It's like the Wish version of the Styles Clash.

Saw the Mercedes Mone segment finally. The look is great, the gear is great, the hair is great, the music is good (although CEO chants need to be organic and not pumped in), but that finisher is still garbage. Too much setup, too much cooperation needed, and she won't be able to pull it off on anyone with size. It's like the Wish version of the Styles Clash.
And her promo was god awful. Seemed like someone wrote it for her. Didn’t get me excited. Though I admit anything with her is an instant channel changer for me.

Eddie Kingston will defend the Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Championship against Mark Briscoe at ROH “Supercard of Honor” on 4/5 in Philadelphia.

In all three cases of AEW signing Will Ospreay, Kazuchika Okada & Mercedes Monè it was known that Tony Khan offered more money than WWE

WWE officials, who seemingly expected the lure of WWE and WrestleMania being enough of a deciding factor, ended up with it not being the case.

- WON

AEW’s Darby Allin has revealed via TMZ today that he really broke his foot a week before he was to climb Mount Everest, and it will have to wait until next year.

In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reports her comments annoyed many figures at AEW and fueled scepticism that Mone is yet another former WWE star who simply sees AEW as a stepping stone on the road to a WWE return.

There was a controversy this past week regarding a Mercedes Mone interview on the Kick Rocks podcast. This was done before her AEW debut and never acknowledged going to AEW since the idea was for it to be a secret. Regarding WWE, she said, “I know I’m gonna be back there one day. Like I said, I have a lot of unfinished business in a lot of places.”
Boy did this one rub a lot of people the wrong way. Time will tell, and quite frankly she should always have it in her mind the possibility of going to WWE, but saying so days before she’s about to start in AEW wouldn’t be the right time politically to say that. There is a reality that some people consider AEW as the place they want to be and some see it as a place to make money until getting the call to come back. The latter group has in general been more of a detriment to the company. In her case, she negotiated with both sides, WWE didn’t give her the money she wanted and AEW did.
Could you imagine Jade Cargill or Cody Rhodes, right before her or his WWE debut saying that they know they’ll one day go back to AEW, and if they did, how do you think WWE would react? In time, this will play out as it does, but the people who were skeptical are now more skeptical. In the end, if she’s a long-term valuable asset to the company nobody will remember this statement. And if not, everyone will remember this statement.

Bullet Club leader David Finlay has withdrawn from the 2024 NJPW New Japan Cup due to a sudden illness.

Finley checked himself into a hospital, after leaving the venue poor health and has undergone various tests.

No other information has been made available.

Tonight’s Rock Concert was entertaining.
While entertaining, I found it really weird they let him come out and cut essentially a face promo. I know he was trying at the end to bring it around a bit with the Cody's mom stuff, but the fans were cheering him throughout. Rreally weird

While entertaining, I found it really weird they let him come out and cut essentially a face promo. I know he was trying at the end to bring it around a bit with the Cody's mom stuff, but the fans were cheering him throughout. Rreally weird
The Rock is too popular in general for him to ever reall go full heel where everyone is booing him. Plus, with this doing interviews all over the place as the normal Dwayne Johnson, it just reminds many of how much they like him, as if some need that reminder. The funny thing is, his presence has completely overshadowed both Reigns and Rhodes in the leadup to Wrestlemania. It really makes you really how today's biggest stars are minnows in the pond compared to the big fish of the past. They can push Reigns and Rhodes as much as they want, but they just don't compare to Hogan, Austin, Rock, Bret, Undertaker, Cena, Orton, etc.

The Rock is too popular in general for him to ever reall go full heel where everyone is booing him. Plus, with this doing interviews all over the place as the normal Dwayne Johnson, it just reminds many of how much they like him, as if some need that reminder. The funny thing is, his presence has completely overshadowed both Reigns and Rhodes in the leadup to Wrestlemania. It really makes you really how today's biggest stars are minnows in the pond compared to the big fish of the past. They can push Reigns and Rhodes as much as they want, but they just don't compare to Hogan, Austin, Rock, Bret, Undertaker, Cena, Orton, etc.
Yeah I understand that, But, did you see Friday's promo? It was a pretty big departure in tone from his previous ones and for most of the segment he was really cutting Cody and Seth out at the knees.

That’s WWEs problems they always relied on their talent from wwf days and attitude era as they failed to create new ones. They had zero thoughts in Cody till he did it on his own and same with drew. Roman was pushed only because of being Rocks cousin. WWE has a huge issue making their own stars where they don’t need to be reliant on older talent to come I. For a ratings hit

Sami has cooled off big time since the Bloodline stuff. That was all time good stuff.

Jobbing him out and then just suddenly have him as the underdog challenger after that is meh. Feels thrown together with no build

I wouldnt have him to be the one to beat Goonther. Id actually have Goonther squash him at Mania

Honestly a few ways to look at this. TK literally had to give punk his own show to come back but it also looked like punk was trying to get fired. All parties could’ve handled themselves better. Punk was really petty when he came back from people I talked too but TK also should’ve taken a lot of The Elites friends off collision. Problem was Perry didn’t seem like an issue till Punk wanted to make it one. Producers went to punk about the glass spot thinking neither guy would making a mountain of it. Punk came off very condescending from those there about the spot which is what infuriated Perry. It was more so poking the bear and see how he reacts. Had they known how Punk would react I don’t think they go to him for his opinions If TK fired both Punk and Perry I don’t think anyone bats an eye lash here.

"He (Jack Perry) has not been fired. He's absolutely not been fired, but they're not using him. Essentially, Tony (Khan)’s really mad at him because he cost him CM Punk. He's getting the blame.

He probably should have been suspended for a month or two. Where are we at, seven months now? Seven months. It's ridiculous. The punishment doesn't fit the crime at this point.”

- Dave Meltzer
(WOR)

Rhonda Rousey says she goes all out on WWE in her book going after John Laurinitas and Vince. Calling it a sh*t show in WWE. From those who have read through or skimmed her autobiography it seems like WWE had no intention of using her past her initial run other then to say they have her

Tokyo Sports reported that Giulia, Utami Hayashishita, MIRAI, Mai Sakurai and Yuzuki would leave STARDOM at the end of March. They are expected to join Rossy Ogawa's new promotion.

After a period of preparation, the new promotion will probably be launched after May.

Jon Moxley has been absent lately from AEW television, because he had scheduled some time off to rest up, before his commitments in Mexico and New Japan Pro Wrestling in late March and early April.

Jack Perry requested & was denied his AEW release. He is still under contract but there are still no plans to bring him back to AEW.

He has not spoken to Tony Khan in months nor cleared anything he has done in storyline for NJPW like him tearing up the AEW contract or his use of the term "scapegoat."

- Bryan Alvarez
(F4WOnline)

Jack Perry Claims He Has Asked For and Been Denied a Release from AEW; Denies Reports That He Ever Issued an Apology to Tony Khan Over All In Incident

It was reported by the Wrestling Observer that Jack Perry had previously texted Tony Khan to say he didn't mean to cause trouble. Meltzer said Perry eventually heard back from lawyers before finally speaking with Khan and settling matters.

But Jack Perry tells Bryan Alvarez, not only is that false, Perry has actually asked for his release from AEW and been denied.

Perry denies that he continually apologized or asked for forgiveness in the months following his backstage fight with CM Punk at AEW All In, or that there are any current plans for an AEW return.

According to Perry, he didn't hear from Tony Khan for two months following All In. Perry said he never texted to say he was sorry and told Khan's lawyers he would not initiate first contact.

Khan finally set up an in-person meeting before Full Gear in LA where they discussed plans to bring him back last December, after Punk returned to WWE at Survivor Series, those plans were scrapped.

Perry then worked with Rocky Romero and Khan to set up his current NJPW run.

Perry says he has not cleared anything he has done in storyline for NJPW like him tearing up the AEW contract or his use of the term "scapegoat."

Josh Barnett told “Under The Ring” that he has spoken to Malakai Black about doing Bloodsport and said he would love to see Chad Gable participate in an event.

There’s been rumors that Alex Coughlin has lingering neck issues and that the Steel Cage Match in February seems to have made it worse, to where he may end up retiring from wrestling. David Finlay uploaded a twitter video giving an update to his health and also says that the Steel Cage Match claimed “one” of his War Dogs.

So far, nothing is official, but people are taking this as some form of official confirmation that Coughlin may be out for a very, very long time, if not for good.

Dam shame. Met him at two NJPW shows here in Philly and saw his matches was really impressed. Always the good people who suffer the most.

MJF and all merchandise removed from the AEW website.
Rumored to be helping Cody at Wrestlemania
Who is reporting the rumor?

Meltzer has been proven to not be credible at all anymore (The Rock even called out one of his tweets this week as being BS), so anything reported by him should never be taken seriously.

MJF and all merchandise removed from the AEW website.
Rumored to be helping Cody at Wrestlemania
Who is reporting the rumor?

Meltzer has been proven to not be credible at all anymore (The Rock even called out one of his tweets this week as being BS), so anything reported by him should never be taken seriously.
It’s a rumor WWE marks are hoping happens. His profile has been gone since Worlds end in December though. Could be another shoot by MJF and TK. I know MJF had injuries needing to heel

Tell us how you really feel about Punk Drew

“I’ve been pretty honest about my opinions, he sells tickets, he’d a draw, but he’s a terrible human being.

I was around him when I grew up and there were instances I haven’t talked about, perhaps won’t talk about till it’s face to face with him. But he knows, he, instead of wanting to pull me aside, even backstage and nevermind on TV and saying ‘Hey, you know, maybe I wasn’t a good person back then or maybe I was in a bad place’, like none of that, he just acts like everything’s perfectly fine. I said “It’s alright, mate, first chance I get in the ring with you, I’m going to mess you up” and I didn’t just mess him up, I took him out and stole his spot WrestleMania 40. Karma is a *****.”

- Drew McIntyre (via Gorilla Position)

Punk haters are busting a nut over that stuff thinking he is shooting when it's obvious that it is a work for when Punk returns.
Drew has heat with Punk in real life. From what I remember when both were there Punk bullied him before he left. Punk never has apologized as from what I heard he was a real dbag to Drew. Now could they’ve made up recently? Sure and played off of that yeah.

NJPW star and Bullet Club War Dogs member Alex Coughlin, has announced his retirement, after sustaining career ending injuries in the cage match against The United Empire back in February.

Went to this tonight won’t say what happened in case anyone is watching here, but was really fun. Last night was as well too

PWInsider reports the TNA roster held a sendoff backstage for Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin after tonight's TNA Taping in Philadelphia.

As of April 1, Shelley and Sabin will be free agents.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com also commented on MJF’s status…

“Still healing up, I know some things were progressing slower than what they anticipated but he was always planned for some time off anyway from what I understood. I don’t know if that was once the injury started to happen but it had become clear by a month out of that pay-per-view, Worlds End, that he was going to have a pretty extended amount of time out.

So doing some research there’s a wrestling page called wrestlelamia. They are sending misinformation out and citing wrestling observer paid sub page and radio show as the source.

I know observer isn’t always right but this page is doping a lot of people by trying to get clicks and views while spouting bs. This is why you are seeing more “Meltzer has Ben wrong a lot lately? Posts etc. other cites are quoting this wrestlelamia page as well so it’s getting out fast

Undertaker said in his podcast the other day: reason we didn’t get Sting vs Undertaker and got Sting vs Triple H is because Vince didn’t want it. The Road Dogg has also said that Vince literally asked Him when Sting came in if Sting was popular in WCW and how good he was. Dogg says if Vince was joking he deserved an Oscar for the performance but doesn’t think he was either

I never got why many fans decided Undertaker/Sting was the WM match we had to get. It's not like Steve Borden and Mark Callaway had some crazy awesome feud decades earlier that needed to be settled between Sting and the Undertaker at a Wrestlemania.

If nothing else, it just adds to Sting's long list if "could have"s.

He could have been the WCW star of the 90s (like Flair wanted him to be). Didn't happen.

He could have been the man to finally take down Hollywood Hogan for good (but showed up out of shape for their match). Didn't happen.

He could have gone to WWE like many other WCW stars did in the early 00s and had a great run. Didn't happen.

He could have wrestled The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Didn't happen.

Sting is obviously a legend of the business, but his legend is quite a bit of smoke and mirrors.

“I just didn’t wanna be Vince McMahon’s action f**king figure anymore. I felt like I was like doing custom matches for a ****ing sicko in the back. All power to the girls that keep fighting the good fight, but, I’m in my mid-30’s now and I’ve got **** to do.”

- Ronda Rousey (via Cage Side Seats)

Ronda Rousey confirms Charlotte Flair fought for her match with Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania 39 to go as long as it went:

"They weren’t supposed to go that long. The whole time the referee is telling them to go backstage and Charlotte threw her big d**k on the table and said no, we’re gonna do this awesome f**king match. That’s what the women are dealing with. They’re not allowed to show how f**king amazing they are."

(via CageSideSeats)

According to Director Rob Reiner, on the set of the movie “The Princess Bride” in late 1986, André The Giant once “let out a 16-second fart that brought the entire production to a complete and total standstill.”

Nobody said anything, except Reiner, who asked “You ok, André?” to which André replied, “I am now, boss!”

Carmelo Hayes has been set for a WWE main roster callup since before the Royal Rumble.

He is expected to move up to the main roster fulltime shortly after NXT Stand And Deliver.

- FightfulSelect

This is terrible. Diddy is actually letting him get away for a few hours is surprising though

Philadelphia rapper Meek Mill has been announced for Wrestlemania XL

Users who are viewing this thread