What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Rush Thread*** Neil Calls It A Career, Not Official. (1 Viewer)

This is one of the many reasons that I love Rush-

Watch 3:30-3:40. Geddy and Alex just love playing together, and they have so much fun doing it.

By the way, Rush fans must absolutely check out their "Rush in Rio" DVD. It's a great concert, and I've never seen a crowd so excited. Apparently, Rush had never played in Brazil before. The crowd is insane with joy.

jdoggydogg said:
By the way, Rush fans must absolutely check out their "Rush in Rio" DVD. It's a great concert, and I've never seen a crowd so excited. Apparently, Rush had never played in Brazil before. The crowd is insane with joy.
:P The Rio DVD is a must own. I usually skip right to YYZ.......the crowd is insane during that song. Looking at the experessions of Geddy and Alex, I think they were equally amazed at the Brazilian fans. BTW, there was about 40,000 at that show. They played in front of 60,000 the night before in Sao Paulo. Who says Rush can't fill a soccer stadium?

It also includes a cool documentary of the band while in Brazil. Alex is hilarious in that documentary.

Yep, the whole crowd singing along to an INSTRUMENTAL is just awesome. Great DVD. :lmao: :lmao:

It also includes a cool documentary of the band while in Brazil. Alex is hilarious in that documentary.
Lerxst is always funny ;) , but yep, he is hilarious there. I love when they come down from their hotel rooms to meet the press lady, and being excited about the band finally coming to Brazil, she says, "We've been waiting so long for you to come down," and he retorts with, "Well, we were just upstairs..." :lmao: :lmao:

jdoggydogg said:
:thumbup: The Rio DVD is a must own. I usually skip right to YYZ.......the crowd is insane during that song. Looking at the experessions of Geddy and Alex, I think they were equally amazed at the Brazilian fans. BTW, there was about 40,000 at that show. They played in front of 60,000 the night before in Sao Paulo. Who says Rush can't fill a soccer stadium?

I've seen them live four times and I've seen a bunch of their live videos. So I wasn't excited about seeing yet another live DVD. But this one was impressive.

As great as Rio is....the lastest Snakes and Arrows live on bluray is just insane. The sound and picture of the this is of the highest quality. Of course the set list was the best in a long time IMO.

Also the camera work was fantastic, focusing on their hands and feet and the playing of the music. Superb concert DVD.

Also the DVD album of Snakes and Arrrows is also a must own in 5.1 with the making of Snakes and Arrows documentary. Outstanding stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the whole crowd singing along to an INSTRUMENTAL is just awesome. Great DVD. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lerxst is always funny ;) , but yep, he is hilarious there. I love when they come down from their hotel rooms to meet the press lady, and being excited about the band finally coming to Brazil, she says, "We've been waiting so long for you to come down," and he retorts with, "Well, we were just upstairs..." :lmao: :lmao:
South American music fans get it. They were singing every word to the songs including the Vapor Trails material which hadn't been out that long when the dvd was filmed. Not to hijack but if you've seen Megadeth's dvd That One Night the crowd sang the guitar parts. Made me wish I could go down there to be in an audience that into it.

and this is probably my favorite Rush song that no one (other than die hard rush fans) knows-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apE8BQlPmo8...82B&index=3

The lyrics, guitar, bass, and drums especially rock ;)
Good call.My favorite of theirs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3uoqDd5EM...feature=related
I would kill to see them play the Camera Eye live...
That has been a deep cut that every Rush fan wants to hear......but I don't think we will ever hear that live again. I remember seeing it on the Signals tour...it was a shortened version (cutting one verse out). It was cool...but not as great as I thought it would be.Some tunes they have rehersed but never made the final setlist (Camera Eye included I am pretty sure), because they just were never able to capture the feel again....and I can understand that. As a musician you have to really feel and enjoy what you will be playing for 40-50 nights.

Of course Jacobs Lader is that elusive live tune for me.....I have never seen it live...and pray it does finally make it out of the vault for the upcoming tour.

www.RushPetition.com

Ok the Rush tour is pretty much a certainty this upcoming summer. This is a great site to vote for the 5 tunes you want them to play. They only include songs that have never been played or played in the last 20 years.

And yes the band does read this poll every tour. They acknowledged that in an interview during the Snakes and Arrows tour's second leg in 2008.

Vote Away!!!!

Here were my choices:

Jacobs Ladder

Hemispheres

Afterimage

Marathon

Middletown Dreams

Yep, the whole crowd singing along to an INSTRUMENTAL is just awesome. Great DVD. :coffee: :goodposting:

That soup was sooo good! You have no idea...

Word is that it was supposed to happen, but the tragedy that happened yesterday made them tone down the opening ceremonies quite a bit, out of sensitivity and respect.

Fourteen years old in 1975, first rock concert. They played 2112 and By-Tor in their entirety. I was never the same.
I think you mean 1976 when 2112 came out. :bag: I've actually refused to listen to Caress of Steel, I mean I know Bastille Day but that way when they retire I can wait a year and have a 'new' Rush album. I've also done this with Dream Theater's Octivarium. :cheers:

We should be getting some confirmation with an official announcement sometime next week about Rush embarking on a summer tour this year.

I will keep you Rushtourians posted.

Still no official announcement of a summer tour.....but the 2007 Snakes and Arrows tour was not annouced till March 26th.....so we are getting very close to something if anything is going to happen. I can;t imagine this going past the first week of April.

I have a feeling it will be a short tour and they will do another leg starting in 2011 after the holidays. I hope they swing down south for this first leg.....if not I am on a plane to the northeast and getting in some shows. Probably in NY.

The boys had several songs inducted into the Canadian Song Writers Hall of Fame this past week. And also I was able to read a great interview with Alex and he basically said:

They have six new songs they are working on currently and it looks like they will finish at least 2 of tme very soon and release them via download. they will then embark on a Summer Tour of about 45 dates to start in June and wrap up around October. they will then take the holidays off and return to the studio to finish the new album for a spring of 2011 release and then embark on a world tour in 2011 of over 70 dates.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready rushtourians and start saving up the coin.

The boys had several songs inducted into the Canadian Song Writers Hall of Fame this past week. And also I was able to read a great interview with Alex and he basically said:

They have six new songs they are working on currently and it looks like they will finish at least 2 of tme very soon and release them via download. they will then embark on a Summer Tour of about 45 dates to start in June and wrap up around October. they will then take the holidays off and return to the studio to finish the new album for a spring of 2011 release and then embark on a world tour in 2011 of over 70 dates.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready rushtourians and start saving up the coin.
These guys are just incredible. I would love to see them one more time. Also, the one song I would want to hear them play the most is "Xanadu". I just love the beginning of that song.

thats funny i was just busting out snakes and arrows live this week jonesing for seeing them again this summer

hope they come back to atl

that atl show that kicked off the first snakes and arrows tour was ####### amazing

they are busting out some great tunes live lately

Rush fans rejoice at this news!!!

The Deluxe Edition of RUSH's triumphant 2002 album Vapor Trails will be released later this spring. A two disc set, the Deluxe Edition will contain both the Vapor Trails

album remixed by Rich Chycki from the original master tapes, as well as a second disc featuring 10 bonus tracks.

"That record was a very emotional record for us" says Alex Lifeson, "and it was very fragile. From the heavy stuff to the more melodic stuff, it was a very fragile representation of the band, in the way it was recorded. Unfortunately, it was a victim of what has become known as the 'Loudness War'. In mastering, it was mastered too high, and it just crushed everything. All the dynamics got lost, especially anything that had an acoustic guitar in it. With this Deluxe Edition, we are able to present our fans with our original vision of the album."

Disk two of the Deluxe Edition includes both an early demo version of "Earthshine" and an early instrumental version of "Peaceable Kingdom". Also included are unreleased performances of "Closer To The Heart" and "Ceiling Unlimited" recorded live in Mexico City in 2002, as well as the band's complete seven song set performed live in Toronto in 2003. Closing out the Deluxe Edition is a previously unreleased instrumental edit of "One Little Victory", which the band had licensed for use in a videogame published by EA Games in 2002.

"This is really for our fans," says Geddy Lee. "Two months after we released the record, we were kicking ourselves for not taking more time during the mastering process. Ultimately, it was our fans who missed out. We're trying to make it up to them now." "By including some worthwhile stuff on the bonus disk," adds Alex. "Although we usually don't keep anything that doesn't make the final album, after spending a year in the studio for 'Trails' we had tons of early recordings stored on DAT tapes which luckily no one had the heart to throw out. When Rich and I went back to the master tapes, I pulled out some of the early recordings from the those sessions and we've included them here as a gift for the fans." Geddy adds "'Earthshine' was the first song that we wrote after five years apart, and about five months into the project we reviewed the song and decided to completely rewrite it. The version included here is the one that didn't make the album. Also, 'Peaceable Kingdom' was originally constructed as an instrumental piece before Paul [Northfield] urged us to rework it with some lyrics Neil had written after 911. Ultimately, they're more of a curiosity really, something only our fans might appreciate." Lifeson continues "Exactly, this is for our fans. We filled up the bonus disc by including our complete performance from Toronto in 2003 which we did to help out Toronto during the SARS outbreak. We performed in front of almost a half-million people, the biggest crowd we've ever played for, and we've never released it before. "

"Coming off their induction into the Canadian Songwriter's Hall of Fame, RUSH is currently preparing for a North American Tour."

For the complete press release visit Rush.com, April 1, 2010.

Got my tix to see them at the Minnesota State Fair! :goodposting:

This will be the 5th time I have seen them, but first at an outdoor venue.

Rush is playing in Mountain View, CA in August. Not crazy about that venue, I've seen them four times, and it's 2.5 hours away. But it looks like I am getting free front row seats. So I am there.

:excited: The Rio DVD is a must own. I usually skip right to YYZ.......the crowd is insane during that song. Looking at the experessions of Geddy and Alex, I think they were equally amazed at the Brazilian fans. BTW, there was about 40,000 at that show. They played in front of 60,000 the night before in Sao Paulo. Who says Rush can't fill a soccer stadium?

I've seen them live four times and I've seen a bunch of their live videos. So I wasn't excited about seeing yet another live DVD. But this one was impressive.
I actually just bought it about 10 days ago. Well worth it.

Okay, I am sporting wood after reading this (spoiler involving this summer's tour):

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Same here...going to 2 shows...and really pumped!!! The Tour hardcores have been dreaming about.

Users who are viewing this thread