What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I know he's supposed to be the bad guy, but so far the Governor is just another guy... More of a good guy if anything. I think they're making Rick the bad guy.
Well, except for that massacre thingie and that keeping-heads-in-jars thingie.
....and brushing the hair of his little zombie daughter.
In the same time frame Ricks group has lost how many people? A dozen?
And how many people do you figure the governor has lost? How many do you figure he has killed.I'm pretty sure both numbers are well over a dozen.
I guess nobody can know for sure. What we do know is the Guvnor has saved a lot more lives than Rick and it's not even close.
This is how I look at the story of the show at this point. This chapter in the story is very much about preserving humanity.At the end of last season Rick had to kill Shane because Shane was trying to convince Rick that there is no place for humanity in the world any longer and at the same time undermining everything Rick and the group had sacrificed for.

The governor represents a potential road Rick could take now that he has found their home - relative safety with the comforts of pre-apocalypse life at the cost of your humanity. A parallel they are actually forcing down our throats by injecting Andrea into Woodbury - an event that never happened before the show.

Its easy to say you will sacrifice everything to insure the safety of yourself and yours, but when you see the reality of it and kills pretty much everything that makes you human.

At the end of the day, Rick and the Governor use others to guarantee their personal safety (and in Rick's case, his families safety also) - the difference being, Rick cares about what happens to his peers and the governor does not.

Its entirely possible that if the governors wife and kid survived, things would have turned out completely differently, he could have been Rick, but they didn't and he isn't, and now he represents everything evil in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know he's supposed to be the bad guy, but so far the Governor is just another guy... More of a good guy if anything. I think they're making Rick the bad guy.
And how many people do you figure the governor has lost? How many do you figure he has killed.I'm pretty sure both numbers are well over a dozen.
I guess nobody can know for sure. What we do know is the Guvnor has saved a lot more lives than Rick and it's not even close.
This is how I look at the story of the show at this point. This chapter in the story is very much about preserving humanity.At the end of last season Rick had to kill Shane because Shane was trying to convince Rick that there is no place for humanity in the world any longer and at the same time undermining everything Rick and the group had sacrificed for.

The governor represents a potential road Rick could take now that he has found their home - relative safety with the comforts of pre-apocalypse life at the cost of your humanity. A parallel they are actually forcing down our throats by injecting Andrea into Woodbury - an event that never happened before the show.

Its easy to say you will sacrifice everything to insure the safety of yourself and yours, but when you see the reality of it and kills pretty much everything that makes you human.

At the end of the day, Rick and the Governor use others to guarantee their personal safety (and in Rick's case, his families safety also) - the difference being, Rick cares about what happens to his peers and the governor does not.

Its entirely possible that if the governors wife and kid survived, things would have turned out completely differently, he could have been Rick, but they didn't and he isn't, and now he represents everything evil in this world.
I wish it were so black and white, good guy vs bad guy. But one reason I love this show so much and I think others will agree is it's a whole lot of grey. Is Rick the good guy even though he practically stole the prison for the prisoners and than took half their stuff? He let the one prisoner who hadn't done anything die (even though he lived). There are a lot of examples of Rick doing bad things. And the same could be said for the guvnor. The difference being Rick continues to lose people even while in the "safety" of the prison while the Guv hitting on the new hot blond and slicing golf balls into walkers.I also disagree with you that the Guv doesn't care what happens to his peers. It's clear he does otherwise he wouldn't have build the community.

I wish it were so black and white, good guy vs bad guy. But one reason I love this show so much and I think others will agree is it's a whole lot of grey. Is Rick the good guy even though he practically stole the prison for the prisoners and than took half their stuff? He let the one prisoner who hadn't done anything die (even though he lived). There are a lot of examples of Rick doing bad things. And the same could be said for the guvnor. The difference being Rick continues to lose people even while in the "safety" of the prison while the Guv hitting on the new hot blond and slicing golf balls into walkers.

I also disagree with you that the Guv doesn't care what happens to his peers. It's clear he does otherwise he wouldn't have build the community.
Most of the bad stuff Rick is responsible for has come after the death of Shane. The death of Shane was the beginning of Rick's realization, he could no longer be all things to all people - the world is just too greedy.I was simplifying things, I don't believe its black and white at all. Rick isn't a paragon and the governor isn't the devil. They are both human. But the governor has nothing left to live for but himself. No friends, no family just tools.

Woodbury may have once been well intentioned but has long since been corrupted. The people of Woodbury are sheltered, aside from a few bad apples they are good, scared people. But they are nothing more than pawns to the governor, warm bodies to satisfy his own goals. Thats why he carefully selects those he allows in, the weak (women, no offense) and those easily manipulated (those with children) - and then there are those like him - thugs that have nothing left to live for but take advantage of those around them under the guise of protectors.

I believe they are trying to show us this through Daryl and Merle, Daryl was no different from Merle, then Carol and Sophia (and now Ricks baby) gave him something to live for.

I said it before, its all down hill from here, im sincerely hoping they don't drag this into a second season, id like it to come to a head shortly and the next season be fresh

It amazes me to read this thread and see people view the governor as basically a good guy. The show has already bludgeoned you over the head with the fact that he's bat-#### crazy. And now we're finally getting the curtain pulled back on what Woodbury is really like. But hey, they've got wine coolers so it's all good.
I must've missed it, what have they shown to make us realize he's crazy?
[*]The zombie heads in fish tanks?

– No different than a hunter mounting deer heads on a wall...

[*]The zombie daughter?

– I felt bad for him there, that's rough. He obviously loves her and can't let go...

[*]Killing the soldiers?

– They could've been a HUGE threat to the town, or possibly a huge asset. It was a tough call, leaders have to make tough decisions...

[*]The arena style fights?

– No biggie as long as they were staged and the zombies were toothless (I don't buy the screenshots, he wasn't lying. That's why they showed Merle pulling teeth earlier)...

[*]The scribbles in the book when his daughter died?

– Please...
Stalin wasn't such a bad guy once you got to know him.

In the same time frame Ricks group has lost how many people? A dozen? The Guvnor on the other has built a society where they have the luxury of making ice and throwing parties. During his speech he mention when everything went down he was holed up in a apartment with 9 other people. Rick had just as many if not more a bag full of guns from the police station another trained deputy with him and some other very useful people. Rick pissed that all away, because he was still living in the old world.If Rick was like the Guvnor he would have killed those prisoners like the guvnor killed the National Guards guys. Lori would still be alive so would T-dog and Hershel would still have his leg. It's easy to look at the murder of the military group as wrong, but in the grand scheme of things the Guvnor was protecting his people.When Rick lost his wife he abandons his new baby and Carl and goes on a zombie killing rampage endangering himself and other. Then he kills a bloated zombie suicide style and stabs the stomach apart and gets a free pass? The Guvnor loses his daughter and scribbles in a note book. OMG the horror. He also can't bring himself to kill his daughter. I can understand that. The heads thing is weird but than again Machonee (sp) walks around with chained up zombies. The WWE gladiator fight was silly but it's entertainment and nobody is in dangerSimply put the Guvnors actions while not always justified at least protect people.
Killing the prisoners wouldn't have prevented Hershel from losing his leg, the prisoner's were revealed as Rick was chopping off the leg. Lori/T-Dog might be alive, but not sure what the method Rick uses to kill the zombie that ate Lori has to do with anything. It's pretty clear he's lost his mind at the moment. Meanwhile the Guvnor is killing people in cold blood (he didn't need to do that, he could have let them pass by, maybe by taking their leader out and dropping him off near them. But no, he murdered them for their supplies, they had not been shown to be a threat to the town at all. I don't really care about the head aquariums, but the gladiator fight is messed up.

'IvanKaramazov said:
'Frankbot said:
[*]The scribbles in the book when his daughter died?

– Please...
All of your responses were awful, but this one in particular was bad. Have you ever seen a movie called The Shining?
Seemed to me like too much of a blatant ripoff, rather than an homage, if that's what you thought it was.And I had no idea that bloated zombie was supposed to have eaten Lori. Did Rick not find any other remains?

And did they bury Carol??? This whole episode was strange.

'packersfan said:
I think the Thunderdome/Zombie fights are the least insane thing we've seen the Governor do thus far. It's basically a new world sporting event. Not like this planet doesn't have a strong history of some barbaric "sports."
I love how ambiguous this guy is. You love him for stuff like the Thunderdome, and hate him for his undead daughter. He's everything awesome you want in a Republican executive.

'Usual21 said:
Speaking for those of us that have read the comics: JUST WAIT. The Governor hasn't even done anything really sick yet. This is nothing.
Are you talking about the experiments for "vaccination" ?

'packersfan said:
I think the Thunderdome/Zombie fights are the least insane thing we've seen the Governor do thus far. It's basically a new world sporting event. Not like this planet doesn't have a strong history of some barbaric "sports."
I love how ambiguous this guy is. You love him for stuff like the Thunderdome, and hate him for his undead daughter.
The daughter thing doesn't bother me. It makes a lot of sense. Herschel did the same thing. Sometimes you just don't want to let go. I think it helps humanize the Governor a bit.

'Good said:
I've read the comics. Meh. Show's way better.
I like the actors (except for Andrea), really bummed they killed off Dale so early.But im also partial to the comic, very stylized and gritty.

'netnalp said:
'cstu said:
'gandalas said:
'Daywalker said:
Rick perhaps holding Lori's dead-cold hand would have been a better scene. Rick trying to gut the the zombie to get her remains? Not so much. What purpose did that serve? Was Carl putting a bullit in her head not enough debauchery?Follow up the best episode of the season with the worst.
I was watching with my buddy and his wife, and he suggested that Rick was possibly trying to get her wedding ring? :mellow: Of course that was before he just started stabbing, and we thought he was just going to open it up nice N easy.RE: the phone call spoiler...I figured it was going to be that. Even said it to my buddy when it started ringing, after hearing the phantom baby crying.
I didn't think about the wedding ring thing until after but that was probably why he initially wanted to cut into it. However I think the main reason for the zombie belly scene was to symbolize Rick killing the child he knows likely isn't his.
Or he blames the child for her death. Or just stabbing Lori, maybe he had conflicting love and hate emotions.
This AND this. We think alike.

'netnalp said:
'cstu said:
'gandalas said:
'Daywalker said:
Rick perhaps holding Lori's dead-cold hand would have been a better scene. Rick trying to gut the the zombie to get her remains? Not so much. What purpose did that serve? Was Carl putting a bullit in her head not enough debauchery?Follow up the best episode of the season with the worst.
I was watching with my buddy and his wife, and he suggested that Rick was possibly trying to get her wedding ring? :mellow: Of course that was before he just started stabbing, and we thought he was just going to open it up nice N easy.RE: the phone call spoiler...I figured it was going to be that. Even said it to my buddy when it started ringing, after hearing the phantom baby crying.
I didn't think about the wedding ring thing until after but that was probably why he initially wanted to cut into it. However I think the main reason for the zombie belly scene was to symbolize Rick killing the child he knows likely isn't his.
Or he blames the child for her death. Or just stabbing Lori, maybe he had conflicting love and hate emotions.
This AND this. We think alike.
:goodposting:

How do zombies have enough energy to walk around? At this point there are way more zombies than there is available food. What do they eat? Protein bars? Even a zombie needs energy.

How do zombies have enough energy to walk around? At this point there are way more zombies than there is available food. What do they eat? Protein bars? Even a zombie needs energy.
It's not like a zombie would need a daily allowance of calcium or poultry.A couple of twigs and they can stumble around for days.

It's not like a zombie would need a daily allowance of calcium or poultry.A couple of twigs and they can stumble around for days.
They're pretty gaunt, but you've gotta put one foot in front of the other. Try just sitting in one place for a few hours after eating a couple twigs.

They're pretty gaunt, but you've gotta put one foot in front of the other. Try just sitting in one place for a few hours after eating a couple twigs.
But what happens if they eat too much? Do zombies still have functioning bowels?

But what happens if they eat too much? Do zombies still have functioning bowels?
I imagine they don't "####" so much as it just falls out of their ###. And they smell so bad to begin with, I doubt anyone notices.

I imagine they don't "####" so much as it just falls out of their ###. And they smell so bad to begin with, I doubt anyone notices.
Fair point. It's like the zombie version of us going to McDonalds.

They need to use less CGI or do it better. I feel like I am sometimes watching a bad sci fi channel movie or something...

I'm curious about what the scientist is up to. He was hand picking zombies for something, and it wasn't the gladiator thing. He had no interest in that.

Was anyone else terrified of potential zombie toddlers at the daycare? Could have been a bunch of little Chuckies in there. :scared:

Explanation of where Lori's body was was on talking dead. You saw rick pick up the bullet where Lori's head was. You also saw drag marks of blood everywhere. Not the best explanation, but that zombie dragged Lori around the corner and ate what he could. Filled himself so full, he sat there where Rick found him. His belly looking like he just got back from a Thanksgiving feast of Lori Leftovers. Rick just lost it and went crazy on it.

Zombies will eat fresh kills. Lori was probably still warm when the zombie dug in. Dead, but warm. We saw the zombies lured into the prison by fresh deer kill. The smell of fresh blood will do it.

'packersfan said:
I love how ambiguous this guy is. You love him for stuff like the Thunderdome, and hate him for his undead daughter.
The daughter thing doesn't bother me. It makes a lot of sense. Herschel did the same thing. Sometimes you just don't want to let go. I think it helps humanize the Governor a bit.
The creepy part was brushing her hair, but other than that it's no different than what Hershel did.

I'm curious about what the scientist is up to. He was hand picking zombies for something, and it wasn't the gladiator thing. He had no interest in that. Was anyone else terrified of potential zombie toddlers at the daycare? Could have been a bunch of little Chuckies in there. :scared:
Oh yeah, I thought for sure we were going to see one the toddlers come flying out of the cabinets that Maggie was looking through. Of course, if you think about it, if there was a zombie apocalypse, pretty much everyone would have gotten their babies out of daycare.

Explanation of where Lori's body was was on talking dead. You saw rick pick up the bullet where Lori's head was. You also saw drag marks of blood everywhere. Not the best explanation, but that zombie dragged Lori around the corner and ate what he could. Filled himself so full, he sat there where Rick found him. His belly looking like he just got back from a Thanksgiving feast of Lori Leftovers. Rick just lost it and went crazy on it.Zombies will eat fresh kills. Lori was probably still warm when the zombie dug in. Dead, but warm. We saw the zombies lured into the prison by fresh deer kill. The smell of fresh blood will do it.
Since there was no skeleton I thought the zombie just chowed down on the afterbirth leavin's. Carol saved Lori somehow and they are both still alive? Drag marks but no skeleton? Carol dragged her to safety. The bullet had no hair or blood on it.

Explanation of where Lori's body was was on talking dead. You saw rick pick up the bullet where Lori's head was. You also saw drag marks of blood everywhere. Not the best explanation, but that zombie dragged Lori around the corner and ate what he could. Filled himself so full, he sat there where Rick found him. His belly looking like he just got back from a Thanksgiving feast of Lori Leftovers. Rick just lost it and went crazy on it.Zombies will eat fresh kills. Lori was probably still warm when the zombie dug in. Dead, but warm. We saw the zombies lured into the prison by fresh deer kill. The smell of fresh blood will do it.
Have they shown us who was responsible for the deer? Did I miss it?

Since there was no skeleton I thought the zombie just chowed down on the afterbirth leavin's. Carol saved Lori somehow and they are both still alive? Drag marks but no skeleton? Carol dragged her to safety. The bullet had no hair or blood on it.
I don't think Rick picked up the bullet, I think it was the shell casing. I do agree with the theory and sticking to the idea that Carol and Lorie are still alive out there. Just too many holes in this Lorie death that leaves the probability she is alive. And no skeleton, when did zombies eat the entire body? For teeth that are so fragile they can now chew an entire skeletal system. Not buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lori's remains were around the corner. He didn't eat the whole thing, just his fill. The bullet was picked up in a pool of blood and drag marks if I remember correctly.

That prisoner that lured zombies into the prison. He grabbed a recently deer kill and used it to attrack more zombies.

That prisoner that lured zombies into the prison. He grabbed a recently deer kill and used it to attrack more zombies.
Where did he get the deer?

Explanation of where Lori's body was was on talking dead. You saw rick pick up the bullet where Lori's head was. You also saw drag marks of blood everywhere. Not the best explanation, but that zombie dragged Lori around the corner and ate what he could. Filled himself so full, he sat there where Rick found him. His belly looking like he just got back from a Thanksgiving feast of Lori Leftovers. Rick just lost it and went crazy on it.

Zombies will eat fresh kills. Lori was probably still warm when the zombie dug in. Dead, but warm. We saw the zombies lured into the prison by fresh deer kill. The smell of fresh blood will do it.
Lori's remains were around the corner. He didn't eat the whole thing, just his fill. The bullet was picked up in a pool of blood and drag marks if I remember correctly.
Quite tidy of him.

I don't think Rick picked up the bullet, I think it was the shell casing. I do agree with the theory and sticking to the idea that Carol and Lorie are still alive out there. Just too many holes in this Lorie death that leaves the probability she is alive. And no skeleton, when did zombies eat the entire body? For teeth that are so fragile they can now chew an entire skeletal system. Not buying it.
The kid put a bullet in his mom's head. He's a marksman with that pistol. Remember that he stated the previous episode that he killed a few walkers while by himself. Or just maybe he's a bull####ter who was couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, made up all that walker killing stuff and just grazed her head.

Lori's not alive folks. There have been multiple confirmations that she died during childbirth, Carl offed her and then the zombie at her remains.

Users who are viewing this thread