What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL WIS XII DRAFT THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

Are all the 1890s hitters sucking arzze in this thing, or just mine? Ed Delahanty was a real-life .407/.500/.617 guy, log-5-ed down to something like .385/.475/.585.Well, in this thing, Delahanty has vascillated around a .300 BA, currently at .287/.353/.487. That's a pretty steep drop, even after normalization.Cupid Childs was so bad at hitting (on top of his D- glove) that he only started 10 games for me at 2B. He's gone .172 BA/.250 OBP so far ... log5 was about .306/.448 :lmao: Thank goodness Bobby Avila is heading for an All-Star appearance at 2B, or I'd be sunk there.
George Davis .365/.405/.599 which is actually better than his 1893 season. Hughie is only .360/.421/.435 with a bunch of errors while Elmer Flick is .306/.390/.435 and is close to getting pulled since his offense isn't making up for his defense. Heilmann, Garnett, and Grennberg have all blown chuncks so far.I have a real weird team. Something like 7 of my firt 9 picks were offesne, yet I'm below average there while my pitching staff has basically been very, very good minus the bad defense inspite of a high walk rate. I'm getting a bunch of double plays so a bunch of those walks are getting erased. I'm also back to .500 for the 2nd time this year (yippee) yet haven't been above 500 yet.

R.Nen enters the game to pitch. C.Meyers is drilled in the leg by a pitch. E.Slaughter enters the game as a pinch-hitter for C.Ripken. DP E.Slaughter swings and misses for strike 3. J.Gilliam enters the game as a pinch-hitter for A.Joss. DP J.Gilliam rips a liner to RF for a double. A.Rosen fields the groundball but makes a bad throw to 1B. K.Lofton reaches on the throwing error. C.Meyers scores. DP J.Morgan can't handle a groundball and W.McGee reaches on the error. J.Gilliam scores. DP M.Schmidt draws the walk. T.House enters the game to pitch. DP V.Guerrero smokes a line drive single to LCF. K.Lofton scores. A.Vaughan's relay throw home is perfect, but W.McGee slides in under the tag and scores. V.Guerrero takes 2B on the throw home. :lmao: 5/2=5/6

these are nothing like the older ones.....
Lack of posts in this thread? Something different about the sim engine? Something else?My team has made a startling turnaround, including Ed Delahanty going from mediocre to fifth in the MVP race. Haven't wanted to post about it and jinx my squad :D

these are nothing like the older ones.....
Lack of posts in this thread? Something different about the sim engine? Something else?My team has made a startling turnaround, including Ed Delahanty going from mediocre to fifth in the MVP race. Haven't wanted to post about it and jinx my squad :D
And while your team is on the rise, my traditional "tank at the all-star break" game plan has kicked in.

MrPhoenix said:
And while your team is on the rise, my traditional "tank at the all-star break" game plan has kicked in.
You never know in these things ... that's one thing the engine hasn't worked out: how to incorporate streakiness into the sim without seeming unrealistic.In Sim V or VI, my team was 45-55, and then turned it around and won the wild-card slot.

Frostillicus said:
I definitely need a starting pitcher.
I can't find a 3rd starter for the life of me. Mordecai and Norris have the first two spots nailed down, but it's been a revolving door of Dolf Luque, Curt Schilling, Whitey Ford, and Dean Chance for the 3rd starter spot.Ford failed again as his ERA creeps toward 6. Dean "Don't Leave Things To" Chance gets another, well, chance next.

Frostillicus said:
I can't find a 3rd starter for the life of me. Mordecai and Norris have the first two spots nailed down, but it's been a revolving door of Dolf Luque, Curt Schilling, Whitey Ford, and Dean Chance for the 3rd starter spot.Ford failed again as his ERA creeps toward 6. Dean "Don't Leave Things To" Chance gets another, well, chance next.
If anybody is still paying attention, I will trade whatever you want for a starter. Except Condoms. Those go to Phoenix. SOMEDAY

Frostillicus said:
If anybody is still paying attention, I will trade whatever you want for a starter. Except Condoms. Those go to Phoenix. SOMEDAY
I'll give you Curt Schilling for a guarantee that my condoms are in the mail tomorrow*.*- I'll need a player to go along with this.

MrPhoenix said:
Frostillicus said:
Frostillicus said:
I'll give you Curt Schilling for a guarantee that my condoms are in the mail tomorrow*.*- I'll need a player to go along with this.
No deal.

MrPhoenix said:
Frostillicus said:
Frostillicus said:
No deal.
FOOL!

Despite my horrible luck, I've managed to crank out a winning record through sheer WIS genius.

But of course, I got placed in the division of death, so I'm in last :kicksrock:

Seriously, I need to trade for a pitcher. Anybody selling?
Ditto....

DD, Kraft is a bad man in this thing. I go on an extended .667 streak to eke out first place in the Central, then his squad rattles off 9 of 10 to reclaim the lead. Dude's squad is still hot :(

Dean Chance and Al Hrabosky have saved my pitching staff.

Chance is pitching like a man possessed lately while Hrabosky has been nails bridging the gap to Eckersley, who's actually been kinda meh lately.

Kraft... said:
Doctor Detroit said:
I'm 0-9 against Kraft and 52-38 against everyone else. I hate Kraft. :thumbdown:
Hope we don't face each other in the playoffs, this might me the time you finally get me. It has to even out sometime :mellow:
What's that? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs!

Strange stat of the day:

Team Rankings

Road ERA: 1st - New Orleans Pelicans

Home ERA: 21st - New Orleans Pelicans

I know I'm in an offensive park, but still ... :confused:

Crawled back to .500 but then lost again. Level with Norwood and only 3 back in the division now though. Quite frankly it's a miracle I'm winning any games at all considering my closer has a .312 OAV. :mellow:

For all you teams right around .500, if you need a batter to get over the hump and have a starter you could possibly part with, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread