What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL WIS XII DRAFT THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

MrPhoenix said:
Doug B said:
And now I'm tied for the wildcard while DrDetroit is 5 up with 6 to go.

I'm ####ed, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, it seems. I'm at the mercy of the sim.
Not to worry ... my team couldn't do better than split with Koya, and now Kraft's given me another loss. So unless HTH is not the tie-breaker, you have now clinched the WC. GG :lmao: EIDT: you are also mathematically alive for your division. One back with two to play.
I think it is HTH. Thanks for giving me a good run at the end!It's going to take an epic miracle for me to win the division at this point. Since DD beat me HTH this year, I think I need to win the last two and he needs to lose the last two.

I'll just be happy to make the playoffs at this point.
I never expected to win the division but I thought I had it when i won the first two games of our series. I just need one more ####### win, come on! In the playoffs though, I've only missed the playoffs once in my 8 sims (I think its 8) but I see a quick exit if i have to play Kraft in the 1st round. He's won all but two games against me this year.

MrPhoenix said:
Doug B said:
And now I'm tied for the wildcard while DrDetroit is 5 up with 6 to go.

I'm ####ed, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, it seems. I'm at the mercy of the sim.
Not to worry ... my team couldn't do better than split with Koya, and now Kraft's given me another loss. So unless HTH is not the tie-breaker, you have now clinched the WC. GG :no: EIDT: you are also mathematically alive for your division. One back with two to play.
I think it is HTH. Thanks for giving me a good run at the end!It's going to take an epic miracle for me to win the division at this point. Since DD beat me HTH this year, I think I need to win the last two and he needs to lose the last two.

I'll just be happy to make the playoffs at this point.
I never expected to win the division but I thought I had it when i won the first two games of our series. I just need one more ####### win, come on! In the playoffs though, I've only missed the playoffs once in my 8 sims (I think its 8) but I see a quick exit if i have to play Kraft in the 1st round. He's won all but two games against me this year.
I split the season series 6-6 with Kraft C&B while going 8-4 against Walsh And Pray for Rain. While I'd prefer to win the division obviously, I should match up ok with Kraft.BTW, you beat me HTH this year and you won the early afternoon game today, so I think the division is in the bag for you unless I'm missing something.

Wow, the best record in this thing (Claude Hendrix) was unceremonously dispatched in a quick three games. The remaining #1 and #2 seeds in each league are all on the ropes.

Seems to always happen in these WIS leagues ... does anyone recall a best-record team ever winning the title?

EDIT: jfranco's regular-season juggernaut won the championship in the last leeg, correct? Or no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I got by Kraft's solid squad, but a bit sad that I won't face my GB and division foe Dr Detroit. Frosty should give me a good matchup at least. :lmao:

MrPhoenix said:
Frostillicus said:
Crap, I effed myself.
Pretty good series so far. Hard to predict what Games 6 and 7 will bring. You could very well win those two.
I effed my rotation because I didn't check this morning before golf and could check after the noon game either. Now I get to throw one good pitcher, and either good pitcher #2 at 93 stamina or a crappy pitcher (if I win game 6, of course).

I never thought I'd ever say the words I'm about to say:

Dolf Luque and Dennis Eckersley threw 5 perfect innings to help get me in the WIS World Series.

Best of luck in the finals, Pump.

Tremendous Upside said:
Do I have to do something to generate the WS schedule?
Nah ... there's a built-in 24-hour lag. Probably to allow teams that want to Sim-Live the WS time enough to do so.

Tremendous Upside said:
Do I have to do something to generate the WS schedule?
Nah ... there's a built-in 24-hour lag. Probably to allow teams that want to Sim-Live the WS time enough to do so.
That's the thing, the schedule didn't get set up until this morning while me and Pump wanted to start simming last night.Effing bull####.

Up 3-0 on Pump going into Game 4 at ~noon central today.

Still would have rather simmed the WS, though. Thanks WIS for not giving a crap after we pay our money.

First off, I'd like to thank the little people who made my FIRST EVER WIS Championship possible. I have a list here.....*opens up list*

Thank you to Norm Cash, who's elite bat and lucky ### dice roll I couldn't have done without. Thank you eephus for trading me Barry Bonds, who's pre-steroids season was an integral part of my lineup. Thank you to Joe Medwick, thank you to Mike Piazza.....couldn't have done it with out you both....

*music starts playing*

Thank you to Max Carey, who became an unlikely catalyst hitting at the top of my lineup. Thank you to Jackie Robinson, for breaking the color barrier in real life as well as breaking the .400 OBP barrier in my team.....

*music gets louder*

Thank you to Mike Norris, who became the unlikely ace of my staff, thank you Three Finger and Dean Chance for not completely sucking, and THANK YOU to Michael Young for driving in the game winning run in Game 5 and just for being an overall stud at shortstop.

YOU LIKE ME, YOU REALLY LI......

Do you need money to settle your debts?

In all honesty, I'm shocked that I was able to break through the glass ceiling and win one of these. I'll print out a picture of a trophy and place it next to my Participation Trophy I got from youth baseball. :thumbup:

Nice job, MrPhoenix :thumbsup: Yeah, it's internet baseball, but it's fun to win these things.

Definitely looking forward to the next WIS sim ... hope everyone still has the urge to compete :goodposting:

Nice job, MrPhoenix :thumbsup: Yeah, it's internet baseball, but it's fun to win these things.

Definitely looking forward to the next WIS sim ... hope everyone still has the urge to compete :kicksrock:
Thanks Doug B and everyone else. :) When does planning for the next leeg start? Should we wait a while because of burnout from this and the RBI leeg?

Definitely looking forward to the next WIS sim ... hope everyone still has the urge to compete :thumbup:
Thanks Doug B and everyone else. :goodposting: When does planning for the next leeg start? Should we wait a while because of burnout from this and the RBI leeg?
I'd say sometime after Labor Day when everyone's back.

I would like to start soonish too, but then I am not in the RBI mini-WIS and seeing as this was my first ever one I would like to get back on quickly to see if I can improve. If others want to wait a while then I am perfectly happy with that too, as long as we can get everyone on board it's all good.

BTW, the WIS XII Championship Celebration party is at my place Friday night.

Plenty of condoms and hair removal cream will be available.

Definitely looking forward to the next WIS sim ... hope everyone still has the urge to compete :D
Thanks Doug B and everyone else. ;) When does planning for the next leeg start? Should we wait a while because of burnout from this and the RBI leeg?
I'm ready now.
This.
:lmao:

You use those up yet?FYI - I was knocked out of the playoffs by the EVENTUAL CHAMPION in the LCS, and it took him more games to eliminate me than it did to win the World Series.

League Runner-Up, imo.

You use those up yet?FYI - I was knocked out of the playoffs by the EVENTUAL CHAMPION in the LCS, and it took him more games to eliminate me than it did to win the World Series.

League Runner-Up, imo.
Dude, I could have sex once every day for a year and I'd still have some condoms left over with what you gave me.

Users who are viewing this thread