What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL WIS XII DRAFT THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

For all you teams right around .500, if you need a batter to get over the hump and have a starter you could possibly part with, let me know.
I have 3 starters available.Denny McLainReb RussellJohn TudorI am looking to upgrade one of my bats. Will trade you my player, plus a starter for your hitter. Preferably at 1B or SS.Let me know.

put up 14 runs in the top of the 9th vs. the Larryboys. Usually an inning that big comes at the expense of a fatigued mop-up pitcher but that doesn't seem to be the case:

M.Giles rips a liner to CF for a double. SH E.Moore hits a sacrifice bunt to 3B. All runners advance. II R.Ashburn skies one to RF that falls in for a double. M.Giles scores. C.Robitaille enters the game to pitch. J.Dykes takes ball four. DP R.Kiner draws the walk. DP F.Lynn grounds it thru the hole to LF for a single. R.Ashburn scores. DP M.Griffin can't handle a groundball and P.O'Neill reaches on the error. J.Dykes scores. DP M.Griffin misplays a routine grounder and C.Kluttz reaches on the error. R.Kiner scores. DP D.Bancroft hits a laser beam into RF for a double. F.Lynn scores. P.O'Neill scores. R.Grabowski enters the game to pitch. II M.Giles hits a bloop single to LCF. C.Kluttz scores. D.Bancroft scores. DP E.Moore rips a liner to LF for a double. II R.Ashburn hits an infield single to 3B. M.Giles scores. DP J.Dykes hits into a 5-4 fielder's choice. E.Moore scores. M.Griffin boots a routine grounder and R.Kiner reaches on the error. M.Griffin fields the groundball but makes a bad throw to 1B. F.Lynn reaches on the throwing error. P.O'Neill takes ball four. J.Dykes scores. C.Kluttz hits a flyball single to LF. R.Kiner scores. F.Lynn scores. C.Smith enters the game to pitch. D.Bancroft grounds it thru the hole to LCF for a single. P.O'Neill scores. M.Giles flies out to CF
Mike Griffin made four errors and Marcus Giles went 2-3 in the inning.

SoCalBroncoFan said:
For all you teams right around .500, if you need a batter to get over the hump and have a starter you could possibly part with, let me know.
I have 3 starters available.Denny McLainReb RussellJohn TudorI am looking to upgrade one of my bats. Will trade you my player, plus a starter for your hitter. Preferably at 1B or SS.Let me know.
Kicked an offer your way.

I am looking to upgrade one of my bats. Will trade you my player, plus a starter for your hitter. Preferably at 1B or SS.

Let me know.
Kicked an offer your way.
This one went through just ahead of the trade deadline with little fanfare:New Orleans Pelicans send 1B Cecil Fielder to Claude Hendrix Experience

Claude Hendrix Experience send SP John Tudor to New Orleans Pelicans

John Tudor won his first start for me, as well. I had his pitch-count settings too high, though -- he fell off a cliff in the 9th inning. Pitched lights-out through 8.

Frozen Heads beat Roids r Us 1-0 in 11 innings this morning. Check out the player of the game:

Code:
Player of the GameChase Utley has horrible day in the field

Last edited by a moderator:
3 game losing streak and losers of 7 of the last 10.

The Mets have nothing on me when it comes to late season chokes.

MrPhoenix said:
3 game losing streak and losers of 7 of the last 10.The Mets have nothing on me when it comes to late season chokes.
Think that's bad? I went on a roll pulling level with TRE for the division lead but now have lost 7 in a row to fall to .500. Still only 5 back so anything can happen I guess.

Al Hrabosky's line vs Sammy today:

2.2 IP, 10 hits, 11 runs, 10 earned runs, 2 walks, 1 strikeout, SIX HOMERUNS.

Somehow, the sim left him in for 67 pitches despite the fact that he's a Setup A. Ticket sent.

I've made two subtle moves and now my team is hotter than it has been all season. Bullpens jsut suck in this sim though, guys like Jeff Montgomery who are normally pretty good in these things is horrendous. I should have the wildcard tiebreaker over Doug, I still think Mr P will win the division.

I've made two subtle moves and now my team is hotter than it has been all season. Bullpens jsut suck in this sim though, guys like Jeff Montgomery who are normally pretty good in these things is horrendous. I should have the wildcard tiebreaker over Doug, I still think Mr P will win the division.
I supposedly have a couple favorable matchups coming up, but even so, I just lost two of three to Bogart's team, which are the doormat of our league even after our series.Unfortunately for me, Mike Norris has about 40 innings left while Three Finger has 60 innings with 24 games to go. Three Finger should be fine, but I might have to take Norris out for a couple turns of the rotation. And I don't trust a soul that's in that cesspool I call a bullpen.Should be fun to see what happens down the stretch. And by fun, I mean agonizing. :shrug:

Dr Detroit's team just refuses to lose. Meanwhile, I continue to choke away late inning leads because of my garbage bullpen.

I still am leading in the wildcard race and my team did sweep Greco's squad, so maybe there's signs of a rebound.

Dr Detroit's team just refuses to lose. Meanwhile, I continue to choke away late inning leads because of my garbage bullpen.I still am leading in the wildcard race and my team did sweep Greco's squad, so maybe there's signs of a rebound.
Don't let sweeping me give you a false sense of security. I'm bad, with a ph.

Dr Detroit's team just refuses to lose. Meanwhile, I continue to choke away late inning leads because of my garbage bullpen.I still am leading in the wildcard race and my team did sweep Greco's squad, so maybe there's signs of a rebound.
Don't let sweeping me give you a false sense of security. I'm bad, with a ph.
I just got swept by Koya. Any sense of security I once had is now gone.By some fluke, I'm still leading the wildcard race. Fatigue issues are going to come into play soon as I've about maxed out many of my star players PA's. The Koya series was me throwing a lot my scrubs out there.

I just got swept by Koya. Any sense of security I once had is now gone.
Don't worry ... my squad cures all ills. 7-12 in my last 19. Ice-cold pitching.
By some fluke, I'm still leading the wildcard race. Fatigue issues are going to come into play soon as I've about maxed out many of my star players PA's. The Koya series was me throwing a lot my scrubs out there.
My only hope is for those fatigue issues to drag you down in your three tough divisional series to end the season. Hypothetically, my squad could make up a lot of ground against Koya and Bogart. But my pitching is underachieving a ton right now.

Kraft... said:
Doug B said:
Don't worry ... my squad cures all ills. 7-12 in my last 19. Ice-cold pitching.
good thing, my team hasn't exactly been world beating lately
Pretty sure you're got the division now. Making 5 games up with 13 to play is a lot to ask, especially considering your guys have been murdelizing Koya's and Bogart's squads.However, I've still got hope for the wildcard spot if my team can win today's PM2 game. MrPhoenix would then be only one game up with a much tougher stretch run. I have to make up two games in the WC race, though, as MrPhoenix has the HTH tie-breaker.

However, I've still got hope for the wildcard spot if my team can win today's PM2 game. MrPhoenix would then be only one game up with a much tougher stretch run. I have to make up two games in the WC race, though, as MrPhoenix has the HTH tie-breaker.
You have the MUCH easier road, IMO. I have to face Sparty's average team, the buzzsaw that is Dr Detroit's team, then I finish with a fading Avoiding Injuries team that has played me tough all year.You, on the other hand, have Cupcake City up ahead with Koya and Bogart's teams up ahead, but I assume you also have to go through a tough Kraft team, though.

If fatigue issues don't kill me, I have a shot. But, that's a BIG if.

However, I've still got hope for the wildcard spot if my team can win today's PM2 game. MrPhoenix would then be only one game up with a much tougher stretch run. I have to make up two games in the WC race, though, as MrPhoenix has the HTH tie-breaker.
You have the MUCH easier road, IMO. I have to face Sparty's average team, the buzzsaw that is Dr Detroit's team, then I finish with a fading Avoiding Injuries team that has played me tough all year.You, on the other hand, have Cupcake City up ahead with Koya and Bogart's teams up ahead, but I assume you also have to go through a tough Kraft team, though.

If fatigue issues don't kill me, I have a shot. But, that's a BIG if.
Man, my squad wasn't even competitive in our series.It's over now. Your 3 up (really 4 thanks to HTH) in the PL WC race with 12 to play. I basically have to win out to have chance, unless you go 1-11 down the stretch or something.

Now, I'm only up one game on Doug B thanks to a rather inconvenient 2 game losing streak and a Doug B 3 game winning streak.

My series with Dr Detroit decides my playoff fate.

And now I'm tied for the wildcard while DrDetroit is 5 up with 6 to go.

I'm ####ed, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, it seems. I'm at the mercy of the sim.

I'm ####ed, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, it seems. I'm at the mercy of the sim.
Not to worry ... my team couldn't do better than split with Koya, and now Kraft's given me another loss. So unless HTH is not the tie-breaker, you have now clinched the WC. GG :thumbup: EIDT: you are also mathematically alive for your division. One back with two to play.

Not to worry ... my team couldn't do better than split with Koya, and now Kraft's given me another loss. So unless HTH is not the tie-breaker, you have now clinched the WC. GG :blackdot: EIDT: you are also mathematically alive for your division. One back with two to play.
I think it is HTH. Thanks for giving me a good run at the end!It's going to take an epic miracle for me to win the division at this point. Since DD beat me HTH this year, I think I need to win the last two and he needs to lose the last two.

I'll just be happy to make the playoffs at this point.

I think I've gone about as far as a team with a losing record at home can go.

The stadium draft doesn't usually make that much of a difference, but I know my team lost 10 wins when League Park was yanked out from under my feet.

Users who are viewing this thread