What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL WIS XII DRAFT THREAD*** (4 Viewers)

I can't believe how bad the relievers are. I have guys who averaged around 2 BB/9 with 8 and 7 BB/9 with over 10 innings pitched. Those who spent on bullpens are suckers. My hitting is fine, starting pitching pretty good, bullpen horrendous. :thumbup:

Eephus said:
RockNRolen said:
Doug B said:
I'm telling you all -- same rosters, same park. WIS knowledge alone would separate the teams.
What does that even mean? Knowing the tricks to manipulate a computer program? That sounds like the lamest idea ever.
Might as well roll the dice 162 times. I think DougB is really overestimating the impact of managerial settings on the outcome of the sim. Batting orders, pitch counts, hit & run settings, etc. contribute to the results of course, but not to the degree that randomization or team composition do.
:confused: Just an idea to sweep away all excuses related to team imbalance. No dice rolls to blame, no Larry-trades to beetch about, no lousy draft positions to lament.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
How about a below league average league?For hitters one of AVG/OBP/SLG has to be below league average.For pitchers one of ERA, WHIP, OAV has to be below league average.Just spitballing here.
Like this idea a lot :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Notorious T.R.E. said:
How about a below league average league?For hitters one of AVG/OBP/SLG has to be below league average.For pitchers one of ERA, WHIP, OAV has to be below league average.Just spitballing here.
Like this idea a lot :lmao:
I mentioned in the other thread a All-Journeyman WIS draft, everyone drafted has to have played on at least 5 different teams.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
Like this idea a lot :thumbup:
I mentioned in the other thread a All-Journeyman WIS draft, everyone drafted has to have played on at least 5 different teams.
will there be enough quality in that draft?although it is an interesting idea... although research would be a pain...

Someone offered me a trade through WIS Sunday, which has since been rescinded. :rolleyes:

Here's your weekly (and weakly) Todd Frohwirth update!

12.2 IP, 15 BB, 7 K's, batters hitting .345/.500/.534, 2.76 WHIP, and a 13.50 ERA.

AWESOME

Suggestion for next league:

The ability to make a limited amount of add/drops. Like 3-5 for the entire year. Waste them early or save them for the stretch run.

TRADE

hoosfirst sends:1975 LHP Al Hrabosky1977 RHP Gene GarberMrPhoenix sends:1931 OF Earl Averill1991 RHP Todd Frohwirth
Yeah, I know I probably get the worst end of this deal, but Averill doesn't have a spot anymore and Frohwirth is dead to me. Hrabosky and Garber should be good hands in the bullpen.

Are all the 1890s hitters sucking arzze in this thing, or just mine? Ed Delahanty was a real-life .407/.500/.617 guy, log-5-ed down to something like .385/.475/.585.

Well, in this thing, Delahanty has vascillated around a .300 BA, currently at .287/.353/.487. That's a pretty steep drop, even after normalization.

Cupid Childs was so bad at hitting (on top of his D- glove) that he only started 10 games for me at 2B. He's gone .172 BA/.250 OBP so far ... log5 was about .306/.448 :confused: Thank goodness Bobby Avila is heading for an All-Star appearance at 2B, or I'd be sunk there.

Are all the 1890s hitters sucking arzze in this thing, or just mine? Ed Delahanty was a real-life .407/.500/.617 guy, log-5-ed down to something like .385/.475/.585.Well, in this thing, Delahanty has vascillated around a .300 BA, currently at .287/.353/.487. That's a pretty steep drop, even after normalization.Cupid Childs was so bad at hitting (on top of his D- glove) that he only started 10 games for me at 2B. He's gone .172 BA/.250 OBP so far ... log5 was about .306/.448 :thumbup: Thank goodness Bobby Avila is heading for an All-Star appearance at 2B, or I'd be sunk there.
Slidin Billy is doing pretty well. 354/432/47211 steals with 15 caught stealing not so good...I suppose I should turn down his steal rate.

Users who are viewing this thread