What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Packers at Vikings (1 Viewer)

great season for AP... MVP locked up with this win today :thumbup:
locked up? eh... Manning wasn't exactly chopped liver today locking up the top seed and breaking all sorts of broncos passing records.
Well.. Manning went to a team that won a playoff game last year with Teabow at QB.Meanwhile, Vikings were 3-13 last year, ADP almost breaks the Rushing record with a at best Average, some would say below average QB, all of this AFTER tearing both the ACL and MCL a year ago.Vikings would be lucky to have 4 wins this year without ADP.. That. IMO, is the definition of MVP. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a great freakin game!! I'm not even upset at all about ADP missing the record, 2nd best season of all time is still a pretty good prize when your team goes from 3-13 to the playoffs.

If Adrian doesn't win MVP that would be a gross travesty.

SKOL and see ya next week Cheeseheads.

Congratulations to the Vikings and their fans.

To beat the Texans and Packers to finish the season is unbelievable. Well earned playoff spot.

locked up? eh... Manning wasn't exactly chopped liver today locking up the top seed and breaking all sorts of broncos passing records.
Manning had a nice year... With the Vikes in the playoffs its OVA brotha :excited: :banned:
9 yard short of a total lock. I'll call him the heavy favorite.
Yea, I wrote in the MVP thread if the Vikes beat Houston and the Packers that he'd win it. Didnt think it would happen but I love being wrong :thumbup:

That was a great freakin game!! I'm not even upset at all about ADP missing the record, 2nd best season of all time is still a pretty good prize when your team goes from 3-13 to the playoffs.If Adrian doesn't win MVP that would be a gross travesty.SKOL and see ya next week Cheeseheads.
:goodposting:

Maybe this was discussed but why were the Packers charged a TO on the Jenkins catch when a GB player got hurt? The clock was stopped correct? It was under 2 min but Jenkins stepped OB.

Well.. Manning went to a team that won a playoff game last year with Teabow at QB.Meanwhile, Vikings were 3-13 last year, ADP almost breaks the Rushing record with a at best Average, some would say below average QB, all of this AFTER tearing both the ACL and MCL a year ago.Vikings would be lucky to have 4 wins this year without ADP.. That. IMO, is the definition of MVP. :thumbup:
Really gotta give it to ADP. Manning's supporting cast is light year's better than Peterson's. Manning may well win the Super Bowl this year and the Vikes one and done. But this game certainly iced it in my mind. If Peyton wins then the award needs to go the way of the ProBowl.

What of a joke of an interview by Pam Oliver. "9 yards short of the record thats got to hurt"

Real classy.

Really gotta give it to ADP. Manning's supporting cast is light year's better than Peterson's. Manning may well win the Super Bowl this year and the Vikes one and done. But this game certainly iced it in my mind. If Peyton wins then the award needs to go the way of the ProBowl.
Manning gets comeback player of the year,.. ADP gets MVP. :thumbup:

Maybe this was discussed but why were the Packers charged a TO on the Jenkins catch when a GB player got hurt? The clock was stopped correct? It was under 2 min but Jenkins stepped OB.
Never mind, it costs a TO no matter if the clock is stopped or not in the final 2 minutes.

Good tough win for the Vikings, hopefully both teams play as well next week. Obviously I am hoping for a little different outcome. :)

Peterson is just incredible.

Biggest play of the game in mho was the 3rd down to Jenkins and the bad coverage by the packers. Not sure why they didn't just man up, no offense intended but it's not like those guys had be kicking our butts all game. The penalty on Williams was huge but the blown coverage cost us a shot at the win, in mho.

I truly hate Capers and I hope a team offers him a HC position somewhere or maybe we will just make a change (unlikely). In mho he is living off past success, we give up way too many 3rd downs to average passers/wr'ers. Williams 10 yards off the FB on that one play, what the heck is that, worried hes gonna beat ya deep? stupid defensive play calling.

Great performance by the Vikings offense, particularly AP, Ponder and the o-line. AP is one of my favorite non-Packer players ever...so fun to watch. He deserves the MVP easily over Manning and Brady. Not even remotely close. Remove AP and replace him with all but maybe 2-3 RBs, and this team goes 3-13. Even with other top RBs, this is at best a 6-10 squad. He is a force of nature.

Enjoy the lead-up to next week's playoff game Vikings fans. Look forward to a tough game at Lambeau.

A lot of talk about Peterson, and well deserved. But Christian Ponder just played himself one heck of a game with the season on the line. Congrats to the Vikes and their fans.

At least next week's at Lambeau.

Tramon Williams penalty cost GB this game.
I hope that guy suffers a serious physical illness.
I will trade you Mistral Raymond and Marcus Sherels for Tramon Williams and your ugliest cheerleader. Deal?
We will politely decline. I think Williams is a very good corner and I certainly get that he messed up, but hell, who doesn't once in a while.
Yeah he made a mistake but in Raymond and Sherels case they are just god awful. Sherels looked like he was scared to death to be on the field.

A lot of talk about Peterson, and well deserved. But Christian Ponder just played himself one heck of a game with the season on the line. Congrats to the Vikes and their fans.At least next week's at Lambeau.
That's the thing. Watching the game, at no time did I really think "Wow! That Ponder is sure doing his part to make this offense go!".His numbers look reasonable and his team won with him directing the offense. I won't take that away from him. Yet, it's not the type of performance that will make a Vikings fan feel as though if ADP is somehow bottled up that the passing game can take advantage.Ponder still throws off his back foot too often and abandons the pocket without checking down all his options.Still, loving this win and relishing the moment! Next game should have everyone's attention.

This needs to be said: "Christian Ponder had a good game and contributed to the Viking's win."
After ripping Ponder earlier in the year, after the last few weeks, I'm cautiously optimistic that the problems we have seen are just the travails of a young QB. I'm a bit hopeful that he can continue to learn and be a good QB for the Vikes. I don't think he'll break the upper-echelon, but he may be "good enough" as long as he has AP in the backfield and you get him another weapon or two at WR.

Very entertaining game. Wish the Packers would have won as their road is now very tough to get to the Super Bowl. 400 yards for Peterson against the Packer this year is an impressive display by him mixed with a very poor display by the Packers defense. I also hate the fact that the Packers don't play bump and run versus the Vikings WRs on 3rd down. They were giving ten yards away far too often.

Awesome display by AP! I was cheering for the missed FG. LOL at Packer fans saying they "get" Ponder at home next week. The same Ponder that just beat you. So arrogant!
Whatever troll.
You couldn't be more wrong! I'm a Colts fan. I'm sure you can read the prior posts that said what I mentioned. Enjoy your evening.
I didn't say you were a Vikings fan. I said you were a troll.
So, your definition of a troll is someone who paraphrases a Packers can and then comments on it? Got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This needs to be said: "Christian Ponder had a good game and contributed to the Viking's win."
Will you be magnanimous enough to say that next week?
He's a Viking fan, so of course.Look up old posts of his, he's a Viking homer
Then will you be magnanimous enough to say it after the Vikes win at Lambeau next Saturday?
First, I didn't say it. That said, he did play well today. Much better than I expected.Second, if Ponder plays well, why wouldn't I give him props?

You sound surprised that someone could man up and compliment a foe. Sorry you can't understand that.

Will you be magnanimous enough to say that next week?
He's a Viking fan, so of course.Look up old posts of his, he's a Viking homer
Then will you be magnanimous enough to say it after the Vikes win at Lambeau next Saturday?
First, I didn't say it. That said, he did play well today. Much better than I expected.Second, if Ponder plays well, why wouldn't I give him props?

You sound surprised that someone could man up and compliment a foe. Sorry you can't understand that.
I do understand that. I'm just not used to hearing it from Packer fans about Ponder. Or really from anyone about Ponder.

Users who are viewing this thread