What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Portis knee tendinitis acting up again (1 Viewer)

Update: not a recurrence of tendinitis, but rather a minor G1 sprain suffered early in the Giants game.

Bubba Tyer just came in to clarify Clinton's injury. Yesterday Coach Joe said that Clinton had suffered another bout of tendinitis in his right knee, but that was incorrect. Gibbs was assuming that was the case, according to the club, and misspoke, but Bubba just told us that Clinton actually has a bruise and a sprained right knee (grade 1, the most minor sprain possible), suffered in the first quarter of the Giants game. When asked if that injury would have prevented Portis from making those last carries, Bubba said not specificually, since Clinton had been playing with the soreness all game and was not to his knowledge pulled out of the game because of the knee.

Bubba believes Clinton will play Sunday, but it will be day by day with Portis and Moss. Santana has not yet run since hurting his groin and that injury seems the most iffy of the bunch. Santana has been running in a water tank - not on land - and each day is a feeling out process.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsins...s_update_2.html
Thanks for the good news. :goodposting:

Thanks for the update. So, good news or bad news?

My guess is - Clinton lover, or hater (or objective realist. But those don't exist here now, do they?).

I suppose this is "good" news in that it is not the ongoing injury but anytime you hear knee and sprain, you can't be too excited. That said, it is a minor sprain and one that did not seem to hamper Portis during his game, and he will have two weeks of rest.

CP is doing his weekly radio interview here in DC right now. He's talking like it's tendinitis, but he also mentioned specifically that he got hurt in the 2nd quarter of the Giants game. Whatever the case, he said he had some swelling, it has gone down, he feels good right now, he's going to practice tomorrow to test it out, and he's definitely playing Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
CP is doing his weekly interview here in DC right now. He's talking like it's tendinitis, but he also mentioned specifically that he got hurt in the 2nd quarter of the Giants game. Whatever the case, he said he had some swelling, it has gone down, he feels good right now, he's going to practice tomorrow to test it out, and he's definitely playing Sunday.
Thanks. This is definately a meaningful contribution. Locals giving info from the player himself to those of us outside the area. Should not have any more concern about Portis right now than we did heading into the week.People do sometimes seem to forget - it's football. Brett Favres don't grow on trees. Guys get dinged, hurt, beat up. If we overeact to every news of injury... nevermind if, we DO. :thumbdown:

Clinton Portis suffered a mild right knee sprain and bruise in the first quarter of the Week 3 loss to the Giants.

It was previously reported that Portis was experiencing tendinits, an ailment that kept him out much of training camp. The injury is not believed to be the reason he was on the sideline as the Redskins drove for a potential tying score. The Redskins head trainer expects Portis on the field for Week 5.

Posted at 1:07 PM ET, 10/ 2/2007

Portis Update

Bubba Tyer just came in to clarify Clinton's injury. Yesterday Coach Joe said that Clinton had suffered another bout of tendinitis in his right knee, but that was incorrect. Gibbs was assuming that was the case, according to the club, and misspoke, but Bubba just told us that Clinton actually has a bruise and a sprained right knee (grade 1, the most minor sprain possible), suffered in the first quarter of the Giants game. When asked if that injury would have prevented Portis from making those last carries, Bubba said not specificually, since Clinton had been playing with the soreness all game and was not to his knowledge pulled out of the game because of the knee.

Bubba believes Clinton will play Sunday, but it will be day by day with Portis and Moss.
Link

Gibbs was on 2 minute drill on Sirrus NFL radio. He said he made a mistake. He said it is better news for Portis and expects him to go on Sunday. portis is fine

Between this and the goal line plays at the end of the Giants game, I'm starting to seriously question Gibbs senility.

Between this and the goal line plays at the end of the Giants game, I'm starting to seriously question Gibbs senility.
The goalline run plays were their own problem, but is it not an easily understandable error regarding the type of knee injury?

...but is it not an easily understandable error regarding the type of knee injury?
I would think a HC would be more in tune to his best offensive weapon's health. :rolleyes:
I don't. I think Tyer probably told Gibbs that Portis' (same) knee ligament was bruised/sprained or whatever after the Giants game and Gibbs assumed it was the same injury. It wasn't like it was a different part of the body - or even a different part of the knee - that was injured. If you're trying to find a way to criticize Gibbs, you ought to look elsewhere because this makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread