What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (2 Viewers)

Is there a ####in' manual I can read or something?
You can learn to do about anything from youtube.
I despise youtube. Any other way?
What exactly are you trying to learn? I'm sure somebody here can help you.
everything.1) difference in plants/strains - loved reading that email, but understood little of it

2) difference in methods and how to use

3) how to keep it fresher

4) how to pack a bowl better
1) Doesn't matter in the least. People will tell you that a sativa will give you a different high than an indica but they are marginal differences at best. I think they are now providing the THC % content and that is probably the only useful info you need (like ABV with alcohol). They will try to tell you about flavors, nuances and "notes" and that is complete and utter B.S. It's weed, you smoke it, it's not fine wine...and I consider those things to be complete and utter B.S. for wine too.

2) Smoke or eat. I prefer pretty much all smoking methods to eating methods. Edibles take longer to kick in leading people to think it's not working so they eat more too soon and end up getting way too high and having a bad experience.

3) Smoke more, faster.

4) Put weed in bowl and tamp it down a bit. Doesn't matter if you take a nice small bud that fits perfectly or grind some up and pack it although you will probably get more hits off the former because the latter tends to turn to ash a bit quicker and get sucked in the chamber easier. If you are rolling jays then you need to grind first.
I couldn't disagree more. There is a vast difference in the highs and effects of a heavy indica strain and a heavy sativa strain. I think that it is amazing the breadth of different effects that you can get from marijuana, depending on the lineage of the strain.
Yeah there are definitely differences in strains. And they are more than minimal. Some make you lazy, some energize you, etc.
See? I told you that people would try to tell you that KP.

Don't stress over those things in the least.
I have been smoking for 30+ years. There is a difference. When KP gets there I am sure they will explain it to him.

everything.1) difference in plants/strains - loved reading that email, but understood little of it

1) Doesn't matter in the least. People will tell you that a sativa will give you a different high than an indica but they are marginal differences at best. I think they are now providing the THC % content and that is probably the only useful info you need (like ABV with alcohol). They will try to tell you about flavors, nuances and "notes" and that is complete and utter B.S. It's weed, you smoke it, it's not fine wine...and I consider those things to be complete and utter B.S. for wine too.

2) Smoke or eat. I prefer pretty much all smoking methods to eating methods. Edibles take longer to kick in leading people to think it's not working so they eat more too soon and end up getting way too high and having a bad experience.

3) Smoke more, faster.

4) Put weed in bowl and tamp it down a bit. Doesn't matter if you take a nice small bud that fits perfectly or grind some up and pack it although you will probably get more hits off the former because the latter tends to turn to ash a bit quicker and get sucked in the chamber easier. If you are rolling jays then you need to grind first.
I couldn't disagree more. There is a vast difference in the highs and effects of a heavy indica strain and a heavy sativa strain. I think that it is amazing the breadth of different effects that you can get from marijuana, depending on the lineage of the strain.
Yeah there are definitely differences in strains. And they are more than minimal. Some make you lazy, some energize you, etc.

What is there to stress over?

FWIW, different strains will have different percentages of active ingredients including not not limited to THC. Other stuff's going on too.

That said, I've been doing this for 25 years. I absolutely, 100% feel a difference. And if I have the same strain months or even years later, I will feel the same effects. I stay away from certain strains because they make me feel heavy and exhausted.

So scientific or not, I know 100% because, well, I actually feel a stark difference.
:goodposting:

I use an indica at night before going to bed... makes going to sleep very quick and easy and I wake up especially refreshed the next morning. And having sex on a good indica really is a different feeling... hard to describe, but senses are heightened considerably and it feels much different than having sex using a sativa.

during the daytime... I go sativa all the way, or sativa-dominant hybrid.

that said, I'm not so sure I could take the Pepsi challenge to differentiate different strains of sativas or different strains of indicas, but i definitely could pass the Pepsi challenge on a sativa versus indica type of comparison... they're very different and have different proportions of active ingredients.

:goodposting:

I use an indica at night before going to bed... makes going to sleep very quick and easy and I wake up especially refreshed the next morning. And having sex on a good indica really is a different feeling... hard to describe, but senses are heightened considerably and it feels much different than having sex using a sativa.

during the daytime... I go sativa all the way, or sativa-dominant hybrid.

that said, I'm not so sure I could take the Pepsi challenge to differentiate different strains of sativas or different strains of indicas, but i definitely could pass the Pepsi challenge on a sativa versus indica type of comparison... they're very different and have different proportions of active ingredients.
Oh yeah very hard to tell in strain differences. But between strains it is pretty noticeable IMO.

So how are edibles prepped? Chopped, ground up before mixing with batter?

Would this form be "safer" than burning or even vaporizing?

Safer, yes, but far less efficient - it takes about 3x as much for the same high.

Definitely safer, but harder to control quantity (which is why you have people wigging out in CO, because they end up having 5-10 times what they need and can't handle it, but no ill effects once they are no longer high).

THC is fat soluble, so you need to heat the weed to release the chemical, and have something oily to capture the THC. Best way is to boil the weed and have a top layer of oil, so the THC boils up through the water and into the oil. That way, no mess, all pure tasty oil to put into anything you want.

The usual way is to "simmer" it on a not too high heat, grounded very very find, in butter or oil. You can then just use it all, or you can strain the butter / oil to get rid of most of the leaf. At that point, it's butter / oil that will taste like weed so if used in say potato sauce, or a chocolate mint cookie, you mask that flavor or use it to your advantage.

Safer, yes, but far less efficient - it takes about 3x as much for the same high.
But it's a great high. Very smooth and clean.

Takes longer to effect the body/brain though, so you also have inexperienced munchers that after 20 min are like, "I dont feel anything" and then eat two more brownies and get destroyed.

How old were you all when you started?

I'm 31, started when I was 14.
Been around it since I was real young probably 8 or so. My next door neighbor was a single mom(in the 70's which was rare) and she had a teenage son. He'd let me hang out but when they smoked it was off limits to me. He was very serious about it to. Kicked a kid who offered a joint to me out of the house. It wasn't until I was 17 and had went in the military that I really started smoking. I remember my first time like it was yesterday. I got so high I couldn't walk straight. My roomie in the military took me to meet his family and hang out. They thought I was mute for about the first 6 hours I was there as I felt I couldn't say anything without laughing. He would later say he thought the pot might have been laced because he was a regular smoker and it messed him up pretty good as well.

I see nothing about rave reviews for volcanos/vaporizers etc. Can someone try to describe why they're worth what they cost? How does the high differ from a bong hit for example.
I use this-http://www.vapeworld.com/firefly-vaporizer?gclid=CjwKEAjwjN2eBRDbyPWl0JLY5lYSJACPo0UizgO3UvdTSlhdA__NQpE9xfZkxSZEqpib7QuHjCLfHRoCiLbw_wcB

Way smoother intake, obviously rather than smoke
I see nothing about rave reviews for volcanos/vaporizers etc. Can someone try to describe why they're worth what they cost? How does the high differ from a bong hit for example.
My Silver Surfer is the smoothest thing I've ever used... no coughing, no harshness. Just really smooth. That's a big attraction to me.

Without getting too technical, vaporizers come in a couple of varieties... there's those like the Pax that heat by wrapping coils around the oven in which the leaf material is placed. Those have heat settings... but if you let it get too hot, it will combust the material, which is not what you want. It's said that the burning of the material is what creates all the carcinogens... vaping just bakes the good stuff you want out of the leaf, while leaving the carcinogens behind.

The second type of vaporizer is like the Volcano or the Silver Surfer... the material is more indirectly heated, giving a much smoother vapor.

I've read somewhere, too, that the percentage of THC or CBD that is absorbed by vaping is higher than by smoking... the combustion seems to burn up some of the active ingredient you want to consume.
The smoother intake would not be a reason for me to move to vaping. Blunts, glass pipes, bongs, I never cough and have never had a problem with harshness (unless the harshness is something that develops with time?, only been going at it about a year now).

A more potent or different type of high would interest me though, so I'll look in to that more. I do enjoy an edible from time to time to switch things up. Have dabbled with making my own budder but just haven't quite figured it out yet.

Buckfast, give me some weed shopping advice for my Colorado vacation. We're arriving at Denver airport at 10:30 am on a Saturday. The plan is to go to one (or more) dispensaries before continuing on to our destination (Breckenridge). Here are my questions:

1) Are there particular places that are better that I should especially seek out? I don't really want to drive all over Denver for four hours, but I'd rather go to a place that's better rather than just one that's convenient.

2) Do they still have limits on the amount of edibles you can buy and if so, do you know what the limits are? We'll only be there a week, so it's not like we need a ridiculous amount, but my wife prefers edibles to smoking, so she's probably going to want one or two per day. And I'll probably try some too, especially if we go places where smoking is impractical.

3) Do any of the places have some sort of "sampler" package where I can get small amounts of lots of different strains? I'm excited to try new and different stuff but I only have a week so I can't really buy normal amounts of more than one strain without being incredibly wasteful.

I probably have more questions but can't think of them now.
You'll be able to get more than you can use in one stop. Maybe do a little research to find the best dispensaries in Denver, but honestly, almost any one you go to will have a selection unlike any you have seen.

You'll be able to buy small amounts of a huge number of strains, I might recommend just getting a pre-rolled joint of stuff you wanna check out.

As to the edibles, it'll be fun to grab a bunch of different kinds, and check them out. I recommend the gummi options. They are all 10 milligrams, so you can really pick and choose how high you wanna be. Ask the clerk about the edibles, and follow instructions. Take their advice, you can easily overdo it with edibles.

The bad news is your marijuana use gave you lung cancer...the good news is we can give you a prescription for marijuana to ease your pain of dying from lung cancer.

Takes longer to effect the body/brain though, so you also have inexperienced munchers that after 20 min are like, "I dont feel anything" and then eat two more brownies and get destroyed.
I agree with Koya. We started making butter this spring and using that butter for small cookies. More of a body high that lasts much longer than simply smoking. You do have to be careful, though, as eating too much can cause paranoia and other ill effects that you don't want.

Also, don't ever underestimate the value of a cheese cloth for straining your butter. :grad:

I agree with Koya. We started making butter this spring and using that butter for small cookies. More of a body high that lasts much longer than simply smoking. You do have to be careful, though, as eating too much can cause paranoia and other ill effects that you don't want.
Also, don't ever underestimate the value of a cheese cloth for straining your butter. :grad:
panty hose work too in a pinch

Buckfast, give me some weed shopping advice for my Colorado vacation. We're arriving at Denver airport at 10:30 am on a Saturday. The plan is to go to one (or more) dispensaries before continuing on to our destination (Breckenridge). Here are my questions:

1) Are there particular places that are better that I should especially seek out? I don't really want to drive all over Denver for four hours, but I'd rather go to a place that's better rather than just one that's convenient.

2) Do they still have limits on the amount of edibles you can buy and if so, do you know what the limits are? We'll only be there a week, so it's not like we need a ridiculous amount, but my wife prefers edibles to smoking, so she's probably going to want one or two per day. And I'll probably try some too, especially if we go places where smoking is impractical.

3) Do any of the places have some sort of "sampler" package where I can get small amounts of lots of different strains? I'm excited to try new and different stuff but I only have a week so I can't really buy normal amounts of more than one strain without being incredibly wasteful.

1. There are two places that I like that are right off of I-70 on the way to the mountains from the airport. One is the Green Solution (at 4400 Grape St. off of the Dahlia/Holly/Monaco exit), which offers a really nice buying experience with a good selection of strains with Ipads that contain all the relevant info for each strain (strain type, indica/sativa, THC/CBD percentages, etc.) as well as very helpful budtenders. That is where I take my out-of-town visitors. I also like Dank (which is located at 3835 Elm St. off the same exit as Green Solution). Both Green Solution and Dank have a nice selection of edibles. Both of those dispensaries are located in a kind of weird industrial park area of Denver, but they are very conveniently located to the interstate on your way to the mountains. 2. There is a limit that you can buy at one time, but I think it varies a bit with edibles. I'm actually not sure exactly how that works. I think you should be able to purchase a sufficient amount of edibles. They don't track your daily purchases in any sort of online system, so you could always make two stops if you wished. There is also a dispensary up in Breckenridge, so you could always make a second stop there if necessary. However, I would recommend stocking up in Denver before going to the mountains just because there is a better selection and cheaper prices.

3. I haven't seen a sampler package, but you can buy small amounts such as a gram at any of the places I told you about. I would recommend getting a gram of a couple different strains, so that you can expereince the difference between indicas and sativas. If you are doing something active and outdoorsy up in the mountains, then you should use a sativa. If you are sitting around and relaxing at night, I would recommend an indica.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bad news is your marijuana use gave you lung cancer...the good news is we can give you a prescription for marijuana to ease your pain of dying from lung cancer.
Actually a long term large study in Costa Rica showed pot users have about the same incidence of lung cancer as the control group. Further it found that cig smokers who also smoked pot had a lower incidence than cig smokers who didn't. This was based in studying heavy use pot smokers.

A breakdown on age group would be interesting.
I'll be 51 this year
48 here. Started when I was 16 or so... was a real stoner from about 19-24. After that, it was more occasional for about a decade.

Now I'm settled into 2-3x a week. I like it a lot, and don't ever see a time when I won't partake. Makes me a better, happier person overall. Plus, playing videogames high is awesome, and I get some great late-night work done while stoned from time to time (I'm a writer, marketing stuff mostly.)

45 years old. smoke for the first time when I was 15 and then fairly regularly throughout HS. stopped almost entirely while at college then started up again afterwards when I realized I liked it more than beer.

smoke almost every day now, mostly after dinner and the kids are out of the way.

1. There are two places that I like that are right off of I-70 on the way to the mountains from the airport. One is the Green Solution (at 4400 Grape St. off of the Dahlia/Holly/Monaco exit), which offers a really nice buying experience with a good selection of strains with Ipads that contain all the relevant info for each strain (strain type, indica/sativa, THC/CBD percentages, etc.) as well as very helpful budtenders. That is where I take my out-of-town visitors. I also like Dank (which is located at 3835 Elm St. off the same exit as Green Solution). Both Green Solution and Dank have a nice selection of edibles. Both of those dispensaries are located in a kind of weird industrial park area of Denver, but they are very conveniently located to the interstate on your way to the mountains.
These sound perfect, thanks.

1. There are two places that I like that are right off of I-70 on the way to the mountains from the airport. One is the Green Solution (at 4400 Grape St. off of the Dahlia/Holly/Monaco exit), which offers a really nice buying experience with a good selection of strains with Ipads that contain all the relevant info for each strain (strain type, indica/sativa, THC/CBD percentages, etc.) as well as very helpful budtenders. That is where I take my out-of-town visitors. I also like Dank (which is located at 3835 Elm St. off the same exit as Green Solution). Both Green Solution and Dank have a nice selection of edibles. Both of those dispensaries are located in a kind of weird industrial park area of Denver, but they are very conveniently located to the interstate on your way to the mountains.2. There is a limit that you can buy at one time, but I think it varies a bit with edibles. I'm actually not sure exactly how that works. I think you should be able to purchase a sufficient amount of edibles. They don't track your daily purchases in any sort of online system, so you could always make two stops if you wished. There is also a dispensary up in Breckenridge, so you could always make a second stop there if necessary. However, I would recommend stocking up in Denver before going to the mountains just because there is a better selection and cheaper prices.

3. I haven't seen a sampler package, but you can buy small amounts such as a gram at any of the places I told you about. I would recommend getting a gram of a couple different strains, so that you can expereince the difference between indicas and sativas. If you are doing something active and outdoorsy up in the mountains, then you should use a sativa. If you are sitting around and relaxing at night, I would recommend an indica.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Also... FYI... last time I was to Denvah, the limit for nonresidents was ¼oz per dispensary per day. Not sure if that's the letter of the law, but that seems to be how it's applied.

on edibles, assuming the testing is accurate which it isn't always, i find 10mg to be a nice small dose. id start there, wait 90 min to feel the full effect, and adjust dosage accordingly. if i eat a 45mg dose of kiva chocolate i am down for the count and often feel the effects the next day. i have a moderate tolerance for edibles.

who can educate me on dabs and dabbing of concentrates like wax and shatter? i am ready to up my game. am familiar with vaping e juice and flowers in my pax...

I have a question.

My stance on pot has softened over the years. Although I don't do it and probably never will but I also only drink during social occasions.

That said as a parent who regularly does it what would you say to your 15 year old that ends up doing it . Also if it matters it is illegal

Cheese cloth is a great idea.

FWIW, while I know that I'm high, its rare that others know it. And I've been doing this for 25 years, so it's not like I ever get paranoid or weirded out.

That said, I had two brownies a few months back, and they actually got me TOO high for the first time in probably 2 decades. Like a bit scary and all. I can only imagine if a newbie overate.

Actually a long term large study in Costa Rica showed pot users have about the same incidence of lung cancer as the control group. Further it found that cig smokers who also smoked pot had a lower incidence than cig smokers who didn't. This was based in studying heavy use pot smokers.
I do know there are studies that conflict on this. Common sense says inhaling smoke of any kind is not "good" - now, how bad we don't know, which in itself says a lot.

Cheese cloth is a great idea.

FWIW, while I know that I'm high, its rare that others know it. And I've been doing this for 25 years, so it's not like I ever get paranoid or weirded out.

That said, I had two brownies a few months back, and they actually got me TOO high for the first time in probably 2 decades. Like a bit scary and all. I can only imagine if a newbie overate.
Yeah, my wife and I made a batch of cookies that came out much stronger than the first batch. I ate a whole one without a second thought, then met my parents and extended family out for dinner. My wife had to drive home and my mom commented on me being 'over served'. Very embarrassing. :bag:

With any edible, I limp into it now. You can always eat more but it is impossible to un-eat what's inside of you. I don't even think barfing would solve anything.

I have a question.

My stance on pot has softened over the years. Although I don't do it and probably never will but I also only drink during social occasions.

That said as a parent who regularly does it what would you say to your 15 year old that ends up doing it . Also if it matters it is illegal
Really good question, especially because I'd wager that most of the pot smokers here are good people, citizens etc.

For one, there are definitely more ill effects if you smoke during your teen years. That gives a legit reason to punt on it a little and try to have it both ways. And in that manner, I think I'd treat it the same as alcohol in terms of the non-legal end of it. That if it's used rarely and SMARTLY (i.e. no driving etc) - basically responsibly usage, then I'd just want my kid to be honest with me and be able to call me if they ever freak out, are in a bad situation or need to drive home. Once they are 18 and off to college, I think we need to get a little more real and again focus on responsibility. You get good grades and don't let it affect things, then a little here and there so I don't notice and we'd be good. Anything suffers, that's a big issue. Same as alcohol.

If it were still illegal, I honestly don't know. I'd like to say I'd be 100% honest, but I don't have kids yet so I really don't know.

I have a question.

I think I'll treat it the same way as alcohol. Kids should stay away while their brains are developing. When you get older, use responsibly. Never drive a car while using it (or ride in a car where the driver is under the influence). That sort of thing. I expect at some point to reveal to my kids that I do it but I'm not sure about the timing. Legalization would be very helpful in that regard.

I have a question.

this is a tough one, but i plan to be as open and honest with my kids about drugs and alcohol as possible. as a child of the 80s, the just say no hysteria was basically rendered disingenuous by the actual reality of drugs i learned when i hit my teenage years. i want the kids to know the negatives of smoking pot on motivation, etc.. but the reality is they are going to smoke it no matter what i do. i will approach this whole thing from a harm reduction stance.

i live in an area where its common for kids to burn with their parents. i would like to avoid this until they are adults.

I ask because a friend of mine is a daily user and his kid got busted doing it. He read her the riot act blah blah blah. I said aren't you being a bit hypocritical? He then softened a bit.

I mean I starting drinking at 15..one of the reasons I don't drink regularly now.

I'm not stupid either ...i know my 20 year old at college is drinking. He can have beers in the house during family parties.

anyway I just wanted to get thoughts. Like I said I used to think only "losers" did it because we'll at the time that is really all I knew who did. Obviously over the years etc I know that is not the case

I do know there are studies that conflict on this. Common sense says inhaling smoke of any kind is not "good" - now, how bad we don't know, which in itself says a lot.
Well about lung cancer. On average 20k people who never smoked anything die of it every year in the US. In fact if it had it's own category it would be a top ten fatal cancer. So we have to be careful with causation.

Regarding vaping... I have an iolight (looks like a walky-talky), but I have been very disappointed with results so far. Seems like you need twice as much to get half the buzz. I dig the taste, and really like the idea of it. But this one cost me about $150, and I'm disappointed, so I'm very reluctant to drop $200+ on a Pax or 300+ on the one Johnnycakes posted.

I'm just sticking with my trusty bowl for now. Any thoughts on vaping vs. smoking in terms of strength / amount / etc?
Had the same model...lost it on New Year's Day about 4.5 years ago. Loved it because of how discrete looking it was (who TF smokes out of a walkie talkie) but I agree, it didn't quite get me to a peak high the way a good bong or blunt does. Vapes are nice for convenience purposes...I.E out on the golf course where wind can be a factor in lighting up a bowl, keeping a J going etc. and they are a simply much, much cleaner smoke, but they definitely can't get me to a "10".

Of course, if you're talking about the Volcano http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/shop/volcano-vaporizer-sets.html

everything.

difference in plants/strains - loved reading that email, but understood little of it

difference in methods and how to use

how to keep it fresher

how to pack a bowl better
strains wise. indica's will make you sleepy and 'couchlocked' often. They are medically used for patients with pain issues often. For some they get so head high they can barely think. Whereas sativas are more of a body buzz than a heady buzz and will give you energy. Often prescribed for patients who need to get out and be active etc. My particular favorite strain (a sativa : cinderella 99) is such a hardcore upper that its almost like speed to a certain extent. Plus no come down. Would be a great strain to try for someone on vacation like KP who is afraid at just getting stuck in the room watching looping infomercials and ordering multiple pizza's etc.

second the grinder bit. If you get a 'top shelf' grinder it will have a kief tray that collects the little THC crystals that often get lost when breaking it up in a lap/on a plate etc. Then you can add it to tobacco or spruce up a smoke whenever you feel like breaking into the tray.

Vaping seems to be all the rage. And it's great, and good on the lungs, albeit pricier. Especially id on vacation and not an EXPERIENCED ( shout outs to jimi hendrix :fro: ) smoker stay away from "dabs". A butane based product that blows away the best weed in the world. Canabis cup winners are like at the most 29% THC (up drastically from purity rates in the previous decades). dabs avg between 85 and 95% THC. Plus if you don't have a high end vaper that can "handle wax" (a synonym for dabs) then you seriously need a blowtorch and a nail that you are gonna use to heat up an element to some ridiculous temperature.

http://the420times.com/2013/07/710-3-different-ways-to-do-yours-dabs/

Kind of forget access in an issue for some sometimes. Any FBg's in the metro Atlanta area feel like this, feel free to drop me a PM and I could offer some trade advice. :cool:

My Silver Surfer is the smoothest thing I've ever used... no coughing, no harshness. Just really smooth. That's a big attraction to me.

Without getting too technical, vaporizers come in a couple of varieties... there's those like the Pax that heat by wrapping coils around the oven in which the leaf material is placed. Those have heat settings... but if you let it get too hot, it will combust the material, which is not what you want. It's said that the burning of the material is what creates all the carcinogens... vaping just bakes the good stuff you want out of the leaf, while leaving the carcinogens behind.

The second type of vaporizer is like the Volcano or the Silver Surfer... the material is more indirectly heated, giving a much smoother vapor.

I've read somewhere, too, that the percentage of THC or CBD that is absorbed by vaping is higher than by smoking... the combustion seems to burn up some of the active ingredient you want to consume.
Another positive is that the vapor doesn't get as hot as smoke does, which in turn causes less damage/irritation to the mouth, throat and lungs.

Proceed with caution when eating pot (brownies, cookies, etc...) You will not feel the effects as quickly as you would when you smoke or vape. It normally takes some time. Also, the high is different, stronger if you're not used to it.

I have made the common mistake of eating a brownie, thinking the high was mild or wasn't working, then eating more 10 minutes later. 20 minutes after that, everything was felt to the full effect.

everything.difference in plants/strains - loved reading that email, but understood little of it

difference in methods and how to use

how to keep it fresher

how to pack a bowl better
strains wise. indica's will make you sleepy and 'couchlocked' often. They are medically used for patients with pain issues often. For some they get so head high they can barely think. Whereas sativas are more of a body buzz than a heady buzz and will give you energy. Often prescribed for patients who need to get out and be active etc. My particular favorite strain (a sativa : cinderella 99) is such a hardcore upper that its almost like speed to a certain extent. Plus no come down. Would be a great strain to try for someone on vacation like KP who is afraid at just getting stuck in the room watching looping infomercials and ordering multiple pizza's etc.

second the grinder bit. If you get a 'top shelf' grinder it will have a kief tray that collects the little THC crystals that often get lost when breaking it up in a lap/on a plate etc. Then you can add it to tobacco or spruce up a smoke whenever you feel like breaking into the tray.

Vaping seems to be all the rage. And it's great, and good on the lungs, albeit pricier. Especially id on vacation and not an EXPERIENCED ( shout outs to jimi hendrix :fro: ) smoker stay away from "dabs". A butane based product that blows away the best weed in the world. Canabis cup winners are like at the most 29% THC (up drastically from purity rates in the previous decades). dabs avg between 85 and 95% THC. Plus if you don't have a high end vaper that can "handle wax" (a synonym for dabs) then you seriously need a blowtorch and a nail that you are gonna use to heat up an element to some ridiculous temperature.

http://the420times.com/2013/07/710-3-different-ways-to-do-yours-dabs/
Yabba dabba doo! Vape life is the best life!

With a portable vaporizer, you can discretely vape high THC wax/shatter concentrates anywhere you please -- at a concert, on top of a mountain, on a ski lift, at a restaurant, on a brewery patio, on the street, you name it. A small amount of wax/shatter can last you a long time as well. It's probably the most efficient and cost effective way to consume marijuana.

3) Smoke more, faster.

I have been smoking for 30+ years. There is a difference. When KP gets there I am sure they will explain it to him.
Exactly! They will act like they are weed sommeliers smoking doobs with their pinkies out telling you about earthy notes and hints of coffee flavor and telling you about nuanced buzzes when that is all of marginal importance to a guy who just wants to get high.

Back when I grew/smoked regularly, I kept my smoke in jars with air tight lids. I had a small jar for my personal, and stored my quantities in ziolocs inside bigger jars.

I'd keep maybe 3-4 grams in my small jar at all times.

Also, I read somewhere that keeping in the freezer isn't a great idea. Even dried/cured buds have some moisture in them, and freezing it causes the cells to rupture, which does something not good to the chemicals...or something.

Also, I read somewhere that keeping in the freezer isn't a great idea. Even dried/cured buds have some moisture in them, and freezing it causes the cells to rupture, which does something not good to the chemicals...or something.
If anyone knows about this let me know.
I have stored in the freezer before to help deal with the smell and never experienced negativity. I suppose it can dry the buds out, but I don't believe any harm comes from storing it there and I'd be surprised if the THC broke down sufficiently enough to cause a change in strength. But, I do think it is recommended to use a glass jar and store at room temp in a dark place....

Users who are viewing this thread