What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (1 Viewer)

Ohio legalizes. Light 'em up!
Figure 4-5 years for the first shop to open.

Nah.
Didn't realize you had medical already.

I have no idea what the process is going to look like though.

The law is set to take effect on Dec. 7, 2023. Under the proposal's language, once it becomes legal, Ohioans can start growing six marijuana plants each, or up to 12 plants per household all without a license. Dispensaries will not be able to sell recreational marijuana until late 2024.

Has anyone seen any hash lately? A friend had some a while back and it was pretty nice, although completely tanked an entire day for me. I've never seen any in any of the dispensaries and wonder why not if anyone knows.
I collect kief in my grinder and make some every once in a while.

We need recreational I'm Florida. It's costing me almost $400/yr just for the privilege to buy it.
same here in MS. Its $200 a year for a license. The prices are outrageous though. I don't require much though.

An 1/8 is about $40 on sale. And there is always a sale.

A good 10 pack of gummies 10mg is $40, but they usually have a buy 1 get one half off.

.5gm cartridge is about $50.

We finally had a grower open up there own dispensary. I haven't checked their prices yet, but supposedly the markup happens from grower to dispensary. We have some legit operations around here. I wasn't sure what it would be like, but all the dispensaries are doing great.

Has anyone seen any hash lately? A friend had some a while back and it was pretty nice, although completely tanked an entire day for me. I've never seen any in any of the dispensaries and wonder why not if anyone knows.
Juice ain't worth the squeeze, financially.

When I lived in Europe I loved hash and would mix it with tobacco or flower. Perfect blend but since I've stopped smoking cigarettes, I'm not so sure how it hits on its own. Seems to me that all the various concentrates on the market are a better bet.

We need recreational I'm Florida. It's costing me almost $400/yr just for the privilege to buy it.
same here in MS. Its $200 a year for a license. The prices are outrageous though. I don't require much though.

A good 10 pack of gummies 10mg is $40, but they usually have a buy 1 get one half off.

We finally had a grower open up there own dispensary. I haven't checked their prices yet, but supposedly the markup happens from grower to dispensary. We have some legit operations around here. I wasn't sure what it would be like, but all the dispensaries are doing great.

It's funny when the legal stuff is twice as much as I pay in a non legal state.

It's funny when the legal stuff is twice as much as I pay in a non legal state.

What sucks here in MD is they won’t sell the powerful stuff w/o a medical card. I won’t get a medical card for a few reasons so I have to depend on an outside source for good stuff.

We’re just growing our own at this point.

In Florida, its $180ish every 7 months to renew the Rx, and $190ish/yr to renew the actual card. Prices for product isn't too crazy.

1/8oz go around $30ish on sale

10 pack of 10mg gummies $10-$20

.5 carts go $20-$70

My latest go-to has been the BRIQ 2 gram rechargable/disposable thingy. At $70 (always on sale price), its $35 per gram, most bang for the buck and super discreet. I gave up carts for these and don't see myself going back.

Anybody here with experience flying internationally with a stash of edibles? Too risky? I don't need any Brittney Griner drama. Specifically, I am going to Jamaica in a couple of weeks. I would love to bring along a small supply of gummies. Obviously, I would need to get through local TSA check points. That probably isn't a huge concern, but I am not sure what awaits on the other end having to go through immigration/customs in Jamaica. I'm thinking it may not be worth the risk of starting the family vacation in a Jamaican jail?

I wouldn’t sweat it. Put it in the mix with some vitamin gummies and put it in your shaving kit and check your bag.

edibles isn’t a concern at all unless you just leave the labeled package out in front for everyone to see.

I’ve completely reverted to my high school years and left behind the concerns with legalization and dispensaries. My state sucks and driving an hour one way to pay ridiculous prices got old for me. Got a nice dugout on a BF sale and just buy my product locally. https://dugoutdynasty.com/

so whats the consensus out there as to weed smoking and health. How bad is it on the lungs/overall health to take a few hits at the end of each day to help relax and sleep? I use a dry herb vape after reading about combustion issues - think its better than smoking but who knows. I dont love edibles but am trying to work it in a day or two a week to give the lungs a break. Seems like there is no real data after weed being around for a long time. Any thoughts?

Anybody here with experience flying internationally with a stash of edibles? Too risky? I don't need any Brittney Griner drama. Specifically, I am going to Jamaica in a couple of weeks. I would love to bring along a small supply of gummies. Obviously, I would need to get through local TSA check points. That probably isn't a huge concern, but I am not sure what awaits on the other end having to go through immigration/customs in Jamaica. I'm thinking it may not be worth the risk of starting the family vacation in a Jamaican jail?

I flew to Italy with two vapes and about 300mg of edibles. They (airlines) don’t really care. The only thing I really suggest is keep your vape in your carry on bag. They will confiscate your vape battery. My brother had this happen to him on the same trip because he checked his vape. They took the battery and left the cart :lol:

Also, you are correct in needing to know the legalities of cannabis at your final destination.

But don’t sweat the airlines

Also, you are correct in needing to know the legalities of cannabis at your final destination.
From what I have read, it is not legal, but there has been some decriminalization. Possession of small amounts is a petty offence subject to fines.

so whats the consensus out there as to weed smoking and health. How bad is it on the lungs/overall health to take a few hits at the end of each day to help relax and sleep? I use a dry herb vape after reading about combustion issues - think its better than smoking but who knows. I dont love edibles but am trying to work it in a day or two a week to give the lungs a break. Seems like there is no real data after weed being around for a long time. Any thoughts?
I switched to nothing but Rick Simpson Oil after smoking/vaping for many years.
My lungs have never been happier.

Jamaica? 😅

Ganja tourism is an industry there. You can't have more than 2 ounces or you'll get hit with a $5 fine. You can't take it with you. No exporting Ganja. There's plenty of dispensaries there, and even smoke houses, and even smoking areas at hotels, and ganja tours, but no smoking in public.

When it comes to vaping the most recent news about health concerns is using the lowest temperature setting possible and of course always try to used tested, all natural, flower or solventless rosins.

I switched to nothing but Rick Simpson Oil after smoking/vaping for many years.
My lungs have never been happier.

Is this like the dablicators? https://dablicator.com/ My buddy went from a cart every other day, to a dablicator and swears by it. He'll put the oil on crackers, cupcakes, whatever and apparently it lasts forever. No longer has to worry about carrying carts with him, too.

What a relief!!! </sarcasm>

The article is about Biden's nationwide pardon for marijuana users. The article twice makes a point to report that the pardon also applies to those who were never arrested or prosecuted. Serious question...what is the point of that?

The article is about Biden's nationwide pardon for marijuana users. The article twice makes a point to report that the pardon also applies to those who were never arrested or prosecuted. Serious question...what is the point of that?

Well where states have made it legal the feds haven't. Where I live, in legalized California near the massive China Lake navy base; base employees are regularly informed using cannabis is illegal and can cost them their jobs and/or clearences. So maybe the point is federal employees don't have to sweat it now?

Probably to discourage current or future prosecution of simple possession on federal lands or in DC.
Only applies to federal laws by the way, not to state laws.

There's a lot of excess marijuana in New York State that currently has nowhere to go. 200 growers, and only 23 dispensaries so far to sell it to.
https://www.newsweek.com/weed-farmers-remain-stuck-surplus-supply-marijuana-1855862

I don't know why some states have such a difficult time setting up their legal marijuana market (or allowing vendors to do part of the setting up), and other states do it so easily. In Maryland's first 6 months of legal recreational marijuana sales things are going just fine. NY seems to be stumbling.

Running sober vs. high: How weed affects your workout

Hell, why not. I'll give it a shot.

Will report back
I've been doing it this way for over 20 years, with both running and lifting. Actually was inspired to try it from Spacey's character in American Beauty. It's rare for me to workout without smoking beforehand but the few times I do is usually when I'm doing a shorter high intensity run, which I hardly ever do any longer.

Does nothing for performance and I don't think the article says so. Just like most people I'm going to be listening to music or something or maybe just getting lost in a deep thoughts

If there is a negative and I'm being honest it cuts down on me being sociable in the gym, kind of in my own world most of the time.

I toke up quite often before a tennis game but it depends on who I'm playing, better the competition the less I smoke.
Can't stand the edibles and they never seem to work

Temps in the low 50s today, got a full bag of gummies and the day off work. Here we go!

UPDATE: took a nap instead. In retrospect I probably should have taken this possibility more seriously.

Next time I will try tinctures or enhanced beverages, I figure they can provide the desired effect with a shortened delay time, allowing me to leave the house while still sober and hopefully motivated.

Temps in the low 50s today, got a full bag of gummies and the day off work. Here we go!

UPDATE: took a nap instead. In retrospect I probably should have taken this possibility more seriously.

Next time I will try tinctures or enhanced beverages, I figure they can provide the desired effect with a shortened delay time, allowing me to leave the house while still sober and hopefully motivated.

I like the tinctures not everyone carries them around here though. Never done the drinks but I’ve talked to others that say they’re not worth the price

Maybe look into some of the live resin / fast acting gummies?

@urbanhack and @massraider - can you give me the TLDR on THCa flower? Because I can buy it from brick mortar stores all over my (illegal) state or have it delivered to me from out of state vendors, but I can't believe its the same as the good stuff - like I get from my neighbor or from a dispensary in a legal state. And yet, I keep seeing people saying its the same thing. My problem is I've read a ton but still don't know the answer, so I need someone to explain it to me in simple terms. TIA

@urbanhack and @massraider - can you give me the TLDR on THCa flower? Because I can buy it from brick mortar stores all over my (illegal) state or have it delivered to me from out of state vendors, but I can't believe its the same as the good stuff - like I get from my neighbor or from a dispensary in a legal state. And yet, I keep seeing people saying its the same thing. My problem is I've read a ton but still don't know the answer, so I need someone to explain it to me in simple terms. TIA

From what I understand, all weed starts as THCa. It becomes "only" THC one of two ways: time, and heat. So THCa weed is weed that was tested for THC before the THCa became THC. So it showed less than the THC threshhold for farm bill legality, and poof, legal weed. That's how I interpreted what I've read anyway.

What this says to me is much of the weed we've ever smoked was probably THCa (to us end users it doesn't matter what stage it's in as it becomes THC when heated - smoked / vaped / cooked).

Basically it seems to be a technicality that law enforcement doesn't seem too interested in going after. It's all over here in NC too. I bought some mail order and it was very good, unlike the Delta 8 stuff, which is awful.

That stated, in an illegal state, even if I can buy it, I still wouldn't flaunt it / smoke it in public. To my eyes, there seems to be a gentlemen's agreement that these shops can sell it, but you're still busted for weed if you get caught smoking somewhere.

From what I understand, all weed starts as THCa. It becomes "only" THC one of two ways: time, and heat. So THCa weed is weed that was tested for THC before the THCa became THC. So it showed less than the THC threshhold for farm bill legality, and poof, legal weed. That's how I interpreted what I've read anyway.

What this says to me is much of the weed we've ever smoked was probably THCa (to us end users it doesn't matter what stage it's in as it becomes THC when heated - smoked / vaped / cooked).

Basically it seems to be a technicality that law enforcement doesn't seem too interested in going after. It's all over here in NC too. I bought some mail order and it was very good, unlike the Delta 8 stuff, which is awful.

That stated, in an illegal state, even if I can buy it, I still wouldn't flaunt it / smoke it in public. To my eyes, there seems to be a gentlemen's agreement that these shops can sell it, but you're still busted for weed if you get caught smoking somewhere.

It's a tad more complicated but the above is basically all you need to understand. But... I was already writing so...

All raw and dried flower contains THCa. No raw or dried flower contains THC. Through heat THCa is decarboxylated (converted) to THC. You can bake it, boil it, burn it, vape it, grill it, electrocute it, microwave it, or put it in the crock pot, and it will decarb. In this regard the product marketed as THCa is the same as the fancy flower in legal dispensaries.

Enter the industrial hemp industry. It grows cannabis for paper, clothing, bioplastics, construction materials, soap, supplements, milk and more. We need to grow more of this crop. Much much more. To qualify as hemp, not psychoactive weed, the strain must be analyzed at .3% THCa or lower. The testing must be the decarbed product, and something called Delta 9 THC is what's under the regulator's microscope. Dispensary weed is 3% and higher. Often much much higher. 30%+ is out there. So your legal THCa stuff is at least 10 times lower in THCa when tested, oddly. That's Delta 9 THC to the regulators. Smoking it isn't supposed to get you high. It's tested approximately a month before harvest, which is humorously before most of the THCa develops.

There's a loophole. Delta 9 is the most powerful psychoactive in cannabis, but Delta 8 and Delta 10 work too. They are not regulated. Clever manufacturers have derived products using industrial .3% hemp to boost the THCa levels as high as 25% D8 and D10. Giggle. So that stuff really is pretty much the same. The Farm Bill that created this loophole has expired and they may close it in the next session.

edit - this is likely more accurate. You're right Cletius. It's complicated and there's cowboys basically ignoring laws.

Last edited:
Sex is amazing on weed. I usually roll with hybrid strains. I pretty much take a few pulls from the pen every night sex with the wife is on the table.

There's a lot of excess marijuana in New York State that currently has nowhere to go. 200 growers, and only 23 dispensaries so far to sell it to.
https://www.newsweek.com/weed-farmers-remain-stuck-surplus-supply-marijuana-1855862

I don't know why some states have such a difficult time setting up their legal marijuana market (or allowing vendors to do part of the setting up), and other states do it so easily. In Maryland's first 6 months of legal recreational marijuana sales things are going just fine. NY seems to be stumbling.
Too many rules and beauricratic nonsense in NY. I finally went to the dispensary where I live in Staten Island. Took 2 years to open.

Users who are viewing this thread