What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA: clean garbage disposal with ice cubes trick (1 Viewer)

i not saying dont do the ice cube thing, im saying why bother cutting the lemon in half when its going to be shreded anyways.
Because technically you're supposed to squeeze some juice in the drain.  So the half's just help that process

What if I pack 1/2 dozen perfectly ripe salmonella avocados in there?   Will that work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got cubes of frozen lemonade that I use to chill my lemonade without watering it down. Can I use those cubes in the disposal?

Has nobody really tried this with success yet?!?    I didn't realize how many Ice Conservatives we have here.

MDLA all day!   (Make Disposals Lemony Again)

So, I had to buy a new fridge. It got delivered yesterday. It has an ice maker. I had to let it fill up for 24 hours, then throw away all the ice made during that time, since it would be dirty from whatever crap was all over the parts in the factory. So, of course, with all that ice, I thought of this thread.

I did the hack and it worked- I got a back up in the other drain (double sink) of some funky, brown, rusty water. I immediately wished I had lemons in the house, to lemonize my garbage disposal.

And this isn't an issue with smell.  Mine didn't smell at all.  I just saw this trick and was curious so I decided to try it.     Looked like someone took a huge diarrhea dump in my sink for a couple minutes.

Lemons will just mask the smell.  This actually cleans the brown sludge out of the disposal and pipes.  I'm guessing something to do with the pressure caused by the cold, water and lack of air....it pushes all the sludge to the surface and then almost vacuums it all back down when that air seal is broken.
live near Najeh Davenport by chance....?

I just throw some dish soap down there every now and again. No issues. But we have sink “traps” to help keep food from going down there in the first place.

I just throw some dish soap down there every now and again. No issues. But we have sink “traps” to help keep food from going down there in the first place.
Lol, it's not about having issues.  I didn't have any issues or smells either, but what creeped to the surface was.....surprising.

Has nobody really tried this with success yet?!?    I didn't realize how many Ice Conservatives we have here.

MDLA all day!   (Make Disposals Lemony Again)

Dude, all you're doing, as you've already been told, is clogging your drain line and causing it to back up.  

Yes, there is gross #### in your drain line.  Just pour some liquid plumber down there occasionally to clean it rather than trying to seize your disposal motor.

Users who are viewing this thread