What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Brock Purdy, SF (1 Viewer)

Anybody with good bench options considering pivoting away from our favorite MVP runner up to be in Week 17?

We're not getting Trent Williams back in time for the great matchup against Washington, and we saw how Purdy played without Trent a few weeks ago. How replaceable is Guard Jaylon Moore, if he doesn't clear concussion protocol? Will Brock be sat in the third quarter if SF is blowing out the Commies, due to the same "concerns" the coaching staff had when they benched him the other day for his second shoulder stinger in as many weeks, and the OLine injuries? I think I've just talked myself into starting Justin Fields in my fantasy finals.

We're not getting Trent Williams back in time for the great matchup against Washington,
Link? No injury news has been released yet
Just my own speculation, but it seems obvious to many that he’ll miss week 17 at least.

You know how these groin injuries can go.

FWIW I’d be inclined to start Purdy if Trent is playing.

So no word on Trent Williams from any reliable source yet. Kyle Shanahan will give an update at 4:30 PST today.

Anybody with good bench options considering pivoting away from our favorite MVP runner up to be in Week 17?

We're not getting Trent Williams back in time for the great matchup against Washington, and we saw how Purdy played without Trent a few weeks ago. How replaceable is Guard Jaylon Moore, if he doesn't clear concussion protocol? Will Brock be sat in the third quarter if SF is blowing out the Commies, due to the same "concerns" the coaching staff had when they benched him the other day for his second shoulder stinger in as many weeks, and the OLine injuries? I think I've just talked myself into starting Justin Fields in my fantasy finals.
I’d have to have some mighty good options to pivot to. Can’t get a better matchup.

We're not getting Trent Williams back in time for the great matchup against Washington,
Link? No injury news has been released yet
Just my own speculation, but it seems obvious to many that he’ll miss week 17 at least.

You know how these groin injuries can go.

FWIW I’d be inclined to start Purdy if Trent is playing.

Trent Williams will be limited in practice, which means he was able to avoid serious injury

I'm not sure Trent Williams status matters much this week. Washington's pass rush since dealing Sweat/Young has been non-existent. They can't match up with any of CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, or Kittle. I can count the amount of QBs I'd start over Purdy on 1 hand.

I'm not sure Trent Williams status matters much this week. Washington's pass rush since dealing Sweat/Young has been non-existent. They can't match up with any of CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, or Kittle. I can count the amount of QBs I'd start over Purdy on 1 hand.

For the few Purdy owners that survived last week, anyway....
Or those of us in leagues that pay out for 3rd place

I'd start every SF offensive player against Washington.

For the few Purdy owners that survived last week, anyway....
Post in thread 'What Christmas Miracle do you need on MNF tripleheader?'
https://forums.footballguys.com/thr...need-on-mnf-tripleheader.811622/post-24788609

Thank you Justin Tucker!!

Starting Purdy with confidence. I honestly think last week is a good thing for Purdy and fantasy this week. Shanny is going to want to right the Purdy ship this week and what a great defense to do it against. Gamblers and fantasy managers tend to react too much on what happened the previous week. I also react but more on the up/ down theory vs holding a grudge on what happened the previous week.

Starting Purdy with confidence. I honestly think last week is a good thing for Purdy and fantasy this week. Shanny is going to want to right the Purdy ship this week and what a great defense to do it against. Gamblers and fantasy managers tend to react too much on what happened the previous week. I also react but more on the up/ down theory vs holding a grudge on what happened the previous week.

Agreed. I laughed at FBG giving Purdy a downgrade. What the hell does that mean? One bad game and he’s downgraded? How does that make any sense?

Agreed. I laughed at FBG giving Purdy a downgrade. What the hell does that mean? One bad game and he’s downgraded? How does that make any sense?

I don't even bother reading the upgrade/downgrade emails. They have been useless from the point they started IMO.

Brock Purdy completed 63.8% of his deep passes this year, by far the highest percentage on NFL record (PFF has tracked this for about 20 years)

He also posted the best intermediate-passing efficiency season ever recorded by PFF... 13.3 yards per attempt on throws of 10-19 yards

Accuracy, hitting receivers in stride, and multiple receivers with YAC ability, all coming together.

Brock was drafted 19th QB in my league this year. I think he'll be top 6 next year, 6pts per passing TD. After Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts. In the conversation with Dak, Goff. Maybe Love, Stroud, Goff.

Brock Purdy completed 63.8% of his deep passes this year, by far the highest percentage on NFL record (PFF has tracked this for about 20 years)

He also posted the best intermediate-passing efficiency season ever recorded by PFF... 13.3 yards per attempt on throws of 10-19 yards

Accuracy, hitting receivers in stride, and multiple receivers with YAC ability, all coming together.

Brock was drafted 19th QB in my league this year. I think he'll be top 6 next year, 6pts per passing TD. After Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts. In the conversation with Dak, Goff. Maybe Love, Stroud, Goff.
I did some ROUGH draft rankings yesterday. I put him at 6 just behind Stroud. Dak at 7.

After that it gets really tough to separate guys. You can make arguments for SEVERAL guys anywhere from 8-16.

I think next year is definitely a "grab the value QB" year. Which, most years are. This year it felt like there were 5 or 6 guys ahead of the rest of the bunch, and then that didn't really pan out that way.

Brock Purdy’s first full regular season as a starter for the 49ers is in the books:

308 for 444 (69.4% completion rate)
4,280 passing yards (franchise record)
31 TD passes (7% TD rate)
11 INTs (2.5% INT rate)
113.0 QB rating
72.7 QBR
NFL Leader in Pro Bowl votes (451,864)
12-4 record
NFC West Champions
NFC #1 seed

Incredible for the former last pick in the NFL Draft

Brock Purdy’s first full regular season as a starter for the 49ers is in the books:

11 INTs (2.5% INT rate)
113.0 QB rating
72.7 QBR
12-4 record
NFC West Champions
NFC #1 seed

When a lot of the narratives and nuance wears off, think like 5-10 years from now, I think people will look back at his numbers and wonder how he DIDN'T win MVP. I get arguments on both sides here in the moment, but I really think it's going to look like a strange decision in hindsight. Especially if they go on to win the SB.

When a lot of the narratives and nuance wears off, think like 5-10 years from now, I think people will look back at his numbers and wonder how he DIDN'T win MVP. I get arguments on both sides here in the moment, but I really think it's going to look like a strange decision in hindsight. Especially if they go on to win the SB.

I've argued for him to win and still think he's the MVP (given the assumption that it has to go to a QB), but the fact is that on national television, two weeks before the end of the season, in a heads up matchup against the other leading MVP candidate, he had the worst game of his (young) career. That's why he lost it, and the decision will only look strange if we eventually forget about that and just look at the numbers. :shrug:

11 INTs (2.5% INT rate)
113.0 QB rating
72.7 QBR
12-4 record
NFC West Champions
NFC #1 seed

Problem is the MVP is announced before the SB. Probably a interesting thread of MVP’s vs who should have won it.

Probably a interesting thread of MVP’s vs who should have won it.

That would be interesting. I wonder how often there would be situations like this where just going by the numbers someone looks deserving, but we'd be ignoring some important context that mattered to voters at the time.

Brock Purdy talks about the trust Kyle Shanahan has in him:

“I try to run the system to a T with the little details… but if something’s off-schedule, he’s been an advocate of me being myself & making plays. He doesn’t try to handcuff me & say 'if it’s not there throw it away immediately', he understands that I can make plays & there’s a time to take shots & take the opportunity to make a big play & there’s a time to throw the ball away & be smart with it…

It’s cool to have a coach who teaches you the scheme, but also doesn’t handcuff you & allows you to be yourself.”

“4 games, 8 QB’s. We have 7 terrific QB’s and Brock Purdy.”-
@AmyTrask
doesn’t put Purdy in the same category as the other remaining QB’s in the playoffs….

Considering she was the Raiders CEO when they drafted Jamarcus Russell... Not sure how much value I put in her opinion of qbs.
Plus a large percentage of Raider fans hate everything 49er related, so that's part of it too. If Purdy was on their team, a different tune would be sung, 100 percent.

Would SF trade Purdy straight up for Baker or Goff? No. Love? Probably not. The 4 AFC QBs, almost definitely if you take salary out of it.

Purdy is young and is still absorbing the overall NFL game. Contrary to people who say he will come back to earth, I think he only gets better with experience.

The 49ers whole playoffs rides on Purdy more so than other QBs. Purdy has shown a couple of times this year that he can fall down into the gutter and not really recover. He can't have a multiple turnover game or it's lights out for the 49ers

The 49ers whole playoffs rides on Purdy more so than other QBs. Purdy has shown a couple of times this year that he can fall down into the gutter and not really recover. He can't have a multiple turnover game or it's lights out for the 49ers
Well, to be fair, they all have. Mahomes had 14 picks. Allen 17. Goff and Allen crapped the bed several games. Stroud and Lamar have been the least turnover prone.

This is part of why I think the Ravens game was actually a good thing for Purdy. Made a mistake with a pick early and then tried to play hero ball the rest of the game. Mistakes happen but limit them.

Users who are viewing this thread