What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quest to kick a 40-yard FG for $20,000 (2 Viewers)

Best part for me was that my 11 year-old, who is the kicker on his JV team and a big Eagles fan, got to take about 5 kicks after everything was done. He thought it was cool just being there, then he got the chance to boot a few.

Best part for me was that my 11 year-old, who is the kicker on his JV team and a big Eagles fan, got to take about 5 kicks after everything was done. He thought it was cool just being there, then he got the chance to boot a few.
He'll always remember that. :thumbup:

I made a 30 yard FG at the Cowboys stadium at a corporate event last year.

It's a fun thing to know you've done.

This is simple (though probably too late from the date, and I havent read anything), but have someone who kicks really well pose as you. Done and done

and with the game on the line... amazing kick.

eta: the way that thing moved though- I'm guessing he had some decent wind behind him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing kick. The reaction of the kid in the endzone was priceless.

That put the game into overtime, but did they win?

Probably as a punter. Checked his college stats. Doesn't look like he's that accurate as a PK.
Well he was still a freshman.... his kickoff stats are pretty good though
Oh I'm sure his KOs are great. He's 9 of 14 FGs this year as a sophomore with a long of 47 yards.

ETA: I'm in no way trying to put the kid down. Best of luck to him. :thumbup:

Last edited:
The 67-yarder puta him in third place all time. But the guy I read about that has the longest, a 68 yarder was off a tee. So for me this guy should hold the record if the other kicks were off a tee. Accuracy is an easier hurdle to overcome than distance. This kid should have a future

Last edited by a moderator:
The 67-yarder puta him in third place all time. But the guy I read about that haste longest, a 68 yarder was off a tee. So for me this guy should hold the record if the other kicks were off a tee. Accuracy is an easier hurdle to overcome than distance. This kid should have a future
I disagree, and so do many former/cut NFL kickers.

The 67-yarder puta him in third place all time. But the guy I read about that haste longest, a 68 yarder was off a tee. So for me this guy should hold the record if the other kicks were off a tee. Accuracy is an easier hurdle to overcome than distance. This kid should have a future
Nonetheless, the kid is a high school sophomore, let's or judge his accuracy just yet.

Nonetheless, the kid is a high school sophomore, let's or judge his accuracy just yet.
Actually he is a college sophomore. When he kicked the 67 yarder he was a HS Senior....

Actually he is a college sophomore. When he kicked the 67 yarder he was a HS Senior....
I thought this was a new story. My bad.

Yesterday was the game for the $20k kick. Great conditions, not too windy, not cold at all.

The kick was up.

It had plenty of distance.

But it was wide left by about 8 feet.

I don't think he even got a consolation prize.

Yesterday was the game for the $20k kick. Great conditions, not too windy, not cold at all.

The kick was up.

Yeah bummer for him.... maybe we can expect to see another challenge next year since nobody won?

Thanks for the update. That suxors. Sounds like the guy made a good showing for himself.

No consolation prize after all that blows too.

The Noid said:

The kick was up.

not true I'm sure he got a box of crap like a 2014 eagles calendar

Program is running again this year. Entry period is Sept 9 thru Oct 21. Winner gets 10k cash and 10k donated to school of choice (must be local)

Users who are viewing this thread