What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quincy Enunwa grab now before it's too late! (1 Viewer)

Enunwa would likely stay in his same role (pseudo-TE working the middle of the field) while Jalin Marshall moves into Bradon's outside slot.
Not sure that Jalin is up to that task and they might switch Enunwa to Marshall's spot, but who knows.

Not sure that Jalin is up to that task and they might switch Enunwa to Marshall's spot, but who knows.
Marshall got a lot or work with the ones during preseason and has seen a few targets already. He didn't have any catches during Week 1 but drew two pass interference penalties and looked dynamic on a punt return. He made a few key grabs last in Week 2 as well. I'm not sure either, but my guess is that Marshall would replace Marshall and Enunwa would keep his role (but likely see more targets).

Love the "I called it"... there's always one guy... as if predicting an injury takes skill and foresight  :lol:
Some would call this Presidential.

Enunwa is better in PPR - seems like the huge bulk of his work is underneath stuff and the deep stuff is for Decker and Marshall.  Not sure if either of those guys go down that his role automatically changes to that.

-QG

A lot of hype for a WR third on the depth chart on an offense that fails to inspire. 

Love the "I called it"... there's always one guy... as if predicting an injury takes skill and foresight  :lol:

Obviously someone worth a spot in deep bench leagues but otherwise on my watch list in case decker or Marshall go down for the year. 3rd WR for the steelers, sure worth a spot... Jets, eh not so much.
He was having a problem with his hip before he hurt his knee(Sometimes it effects a players lower body,from not being able to work out properly),and him getting up there in age,you can pretty much assume there is a better chance of him getting hurt. I wasn't predicting crap! It was more common sense,that he has a better chance to get hurt!

He was having a problem with his hip before he hurt his knee(Sometimes it effects a players lower body,from not being able to work out properly),and him getting up there in age,you can pretty much assume there is a better chance of him getting hurt. I wasn't predicting crap! It was more common sense,that he has a better chance to get hurt!
As someone in sports medicine, your not far off saying something above affects a joint below but your reason behind it is not sound (working out part, it's way beyond that, maybe I can teach you another day). However to say it's common sense is rather foolish. You're discounting the number of athletes who play an entire season with a torn labrum in their hip, OCD which I'm sure you've never of but I'd bet you a lot that's what many of those vague "knee arthroscopies to clean it up" are fixing, or other pulled muscles. They don't get hurt and go the whole season before getting surgeries. 

Age is relative. A 31 year old wide receiver seems old for the nfl, but anatomically/scientifically speaking they don't recover all that much slower than someone 25. Sure when they reach 37 then we can talk.

I just find it funny that you came on here just to say "I called it". It's funny when people do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Decker now having 
Shoulder problems,hope people grabbed Enunwa when they had the chance. His targets are not going away with or with out Decker ...I'd prob sit Enunwa this week against Seattle,bc this is not the game Fitzpatrick turns things around after throwing all those picks last week. 

Decker is going to be out for a while. Jalen Marshall is out too. Brandon and Quincy are the only ones left standing. Enunwa who is already the most productive and led the team in targets last week is going to get a nice opportunity to shine here.

Available on the WW in my league, shockingly. Someone just dropped him yesterday even with the Decker news. I'm putting in a bid to grab him and dropping Cruz if anyone cares.  He seems like a solid WR5 option to fill in for bye weeks.

At 6'2" and 225 he could actually fill in for a lot of Decker's red-zone looks.

Just dropped Sammy Watkins for him.  I like QE but he isn't as exciting in non-PPR formats.

Is trading Enunwa to the Decker owner the smart play?  If so, ehst kind of return do you expect?  A RB2 like Gore?  A pass-catching RB like Riddick?  

IDK, I picked him up a few weeks back after their Thursday Night game. He just looks good to me. Big guy seems to run good routes and goes after the ball. Could be a decent suprise with Decker out. 

Droppped Josh Gordon for Dixon, and now I'm wasted dropping Dixon for Enunwa. College football Saturday add/drops shouldn't even be fair.

Bayhawks said:
Is trading Enunwa to the Decker owner the smart play?  If so, ehst kind of return do you expect?  A RB2 like Gore?  A pass-catching RB like Riddick?  
I own decker in dynasty and traded enunwa away for Steve smith this week.   I felt he was a better option this year for my team which is built to win now. 

Enunwa is very good and will have some decent games.  But I think for now he is more of a safe floor option than a high upside guy.  

If you are asking in terms of redraft, I would say yes, trade him to the decker owner if there is an opportunity to fill a need by doing so.  You aren't giving up obj type stats with enunwa.  

I picked him up early after his first solid game, but needed to drop him this week prior to the Decker news to cover byes. Sad Banana here, as I think he can be a solid flex start any week. 

Bayhawks said:
I mean, yeah, if you could get anything near that kind of return for a guy who 100% of owners picked up off the WW, hell yes, go for it. 

It's not likely to happen though. In my experience, when you pick up consistent low-ceiling WRs like Enunwa, you have to both need the production floor on your roster and understand that you're most likely gonna have to roll with him ROS or until you drop him - until and unless he has a blow-up kind of game, most owners aren't going to give much for a consistent 6-7 PPG guy in standard when there are many (if a half-step lesser) versions of that same beast available on the wire.

Of course that's a function of your league's depth - the only league in which I own Enunwa is one with 14 starters and 22-man rosters, where the WW looks like a ghost town in a bad Western. In shallower leagues I tend to save those bench spots for high-ceiling dart throws like Dixon, Washington, and Coates and I'd be inclined to trade Enunwa for one or two of those types unless I really needed the points in my lineup.

...And Marshall goes down,like I mentioned might happen last night...Enunwa looked like a huge part of the Jests O before the injury to Marshall. Now a much bigger part and the #1 add next week! Glad I grabbed him in almost every league,
So let me get this straight, as the third option he won't see enough targets to be relevant. If he is higher in the pecking order (thank you Decker), he won't be able to get open? This guy might as well quit football because he can't win with some of you. I agree with steam, this guy is gaining steam and is a great find for those who bucked conventional thinking.

So let me get this straight, as the third option he won't see enough targets to be relevant. If he is higher in the pecking order (thank you Decker), he won't be able to get open? This guy might as well quit football because he can't win with some of you. I agree with steam, this guy is gaining steam and is a great find for those who bucked conventional thinking.
The only problem I see with him not becoming the most in demand waiver wire WR this week is because of this weeks matchup.  He'll be 100% picked up in a couple of weeks but maybe not this week. Those that let him slide by are foolish, especially in ppr and dynasty. With Marshall's age and health concerns and Deckers health issues he could become a WR1 soon enough for the remainder of the year.

The only problem I see with him not becoming the most in demand waiver wire WR this week is because of this weeks matchup.  He'll be 100% picked up in a couple of weeks but maybe not this week. Those that let him slide by are foolish, especially in ppr and dynasty. With Marshall's age and health concerns and Deckers health issues he could become a WR1 soon enough for the remainder of the year.
I like QE as much as anyone, or so I thought.  But a ff wr1?  I don't think so.  Wr1 on the team sure, and they do pass a lot but I can't predict top 12 wr stats.  (And I'm one of the few who had him before the season in two leagues - but those are leagues where 800 and 1600 players are rostered)

I like QE as much as anyone, or so I thought.  But a ff wr1?  I don't think so.  Wr1 on the team sure, and they do pass a lot but I can't predict top 12 wr stats.  (And I'm one of the few who had him before the season in two leagues - but those are leagues where 800 and 1600 players are rostered)
Decker and Marshall were both wr 1s in non ppr last year

Picked him up with the news about Decker's partially torn rotator cuff.  However I am keeping him on my bench this week in favor of Kyle Rudolph (flex).

Yeah in non-PPR formats you have to consider this guy droppable.  He's consistent on short/intermediate routes but he doesn't appear to have the explosiveness to overcome limited QB play.

Quincy Enunwa caught 3-of-5 targets for 42 yards in the Jets' Week 6 loss to the Cardinals.
Enunwa was held off the stat sheet in the first half as Ryan Fitzpatrick badly missed him on his first target. He was running a solid chunk of his routes against Cardinals elite slot CB Tyrann Mathieu. Enunwa's targets have actually been going down since Eric Decker got hurt. He's still a WR3, but the upside isn't really there with this offense struggling badly to put points on the board.

Cutting bait. I think he's a good player but this team is a dumpster fire. Fitz didn't even look his way last night and Enunwa's been a non-factor the past two games despite having a great matchup last week and being put in a positive situation on paper last night. I'm moving on. 

he catches everything, but fitz is awful and there is no run game.  he excels when they are running well because the middle opens up.  it was clogged as #### last night because jets couldn't run. 

he catches everything, but fitz is awful and there is no run game.  he excels when they are running well because the middle opens up.  it was clogged as #### last night because jets couldn't run. 
The refusal to target him is baffling. Fitz just wouldn't look for him and it's been two games in a row now. Like I said I like him but this situation is a cluster f. My league has tight roster limits so I can't afford to deal with the headache. I need to find someone who's producing. Even Geno comes in, hits him once for a big gain and then doesn't look for him again. Just a mess. Don't wanna drop him but have to move on. 

I think he was being covered by Matthieu for much of the game, hence Anderson and Peake got a disproportionate number of targets last night.

That said, I can understand the concern over Enunwa's production even if it's not really his doing - it's just a dumpster fire right now. :(

The refusal to target him is baffling. Fitz just wouldn't look for him and it's been two games in a row now. Like I said I like him but this situation is a cluster f. My league has tight roster limits so I can't afford to deal with the headache. I need to find someone who's producing. Even Geno comes in, hits him once for a big gain and then doesn't look for him again. Just a mess. Don't wanna drop him but have to move on. 
That is justifiable.

Not to nitpick, but his targets last week were 7 - same as the week before. 44 on the year, which is T23rd, but the PPG really show how limited his upside is: 37th in targets/g, 25th in receptions/g, 44th in yards/g, 1 TD. Borderline WR4/5.

Halfway through the FF now, do you really need a WR with a ceiling of say 80-900-3? Decent floor for bye weeks, but they seem determined to see what they have in their 3 rookie WRs, so his production might tail off going forward.

I've got the opposite problem - 18 roster spots, 8 BN, and not much enticing on the WW. He is locked in as my WR5 and not in danger of getting a start, so I might take a flyer on a Montgomery or Wright to see if they can sustain their high productivity from Week 6. Seems unlikely for both - Wright had really low snap counts, Montgomery's 50% usage was due mostly to Starks being out and the Packers electing to use Cobb & Monty in that role.

Anyway, hard to hold Enunwa at this point as he seems to have limited upside. Decent possession IRL but not much of a factor in FF.

I'd usually like to wait and see with a QB change, but with bye week issues I had to scrap Enunwa on the new QB news. Now he is free to go off. I am not a believer in Geno. I could be wrong, as he has had time to mature, but ... too many tasty RB treats in the FA pool right now to wait on Geno/Enunwa connection to materialize.

I usually find this kind of "bank shot" thinking too clever by half, but does the fact that Vontae is playing this week suggest that the Jets could target Quincy more? 

Mostly just looking to reassure myself he's the play over Boyd, Mitchell and Gabriel. 

I usually find this kind of "bank shot" thinking too clever by half, but does the fact that Vontae is playing this week suggest that the Jets could target Quincy more? 

Mostly just looking to reassure myself he's the play over Boyd, Mitchell and Gabriel. 
No idea on your question but man I don't think I could bench Gabriel or Mitchell for Enunwa (I actually am starting Enunwa over wallace right now, ppr)

FUBAR said:
No idea on your question but man I don't think I could bench Gabriel or Mitchell for Enunwa (I actually am starting Enunwa over wallace right now, ppr)
Interesting. I picked up all three this week in a standard league (my WRs suck and I'm desperate for a lottery ticket.) I feel like Q has the highest floor. I was looking over his game log, and if you throw out the Miami/LA games, when the QB situation was a complete mess, he's had a floor of around 40 yards, and even that came during a tough stretch between Weeks 3-7 when they faced a murderers row of pass Ds (KC, Seattle, Pitt, AZ). 

Basically, in games where the Jets have been able to get their offense going, he's put up numbers (by my back of the envelope calculations, about 80 ypg). Indy seems like it could be one of those games. 

Interesting. I picked up all three this week in a standard league (my WRs suck and I'm desperate for a lottery ticket.) I feel like Q has the highest floor. I was looking over his game log, and if you throw out the Miami/LA games, when the QB situation was a complete mess, he's had a floor of around 40 yards, and even that came during a tough stretch between Weeks 3-7 when they faced a murderers row of pass Ds (KC, Seattle, Pitt, AZ). 

Basically, in games where the Jets have been able to get their offense going, he's put up numbers (by my back of the envelope calculations, about 80 ypg). Indy seems like it could be one of those games. 
True, I was thinking more of the ceiling, especially Gabriel. But they could put up a stinker. 

Eta: also I overlooked the qb issues.  10 targets for 2 receptions in weeks 9 and 10 hurt.  Fitz is better for him.  

Last edited by a moderator:
True, I was thinking more of the ceiling, especially Gabriel. But they could put up a stinker. 

Eta: also I overlooked the qb issues.  10 targets for 2 receptions in weeks 9 and 10 hurt.  Fitz is better for him.  
Gabriel keeps giving me flashbacks to Antone Smith, who scored in like four straight games a couple years ago for the Falcons and then disappeared (to be fair, I think he got hurt).

As for Q's ceiling, I can live with 5/109/1, which is what he put up last week. 

Dont get me wrong. When it comes to lower tier WRs, we're all just a bunch of monkeys throwing darts. I have no idea who will put up the best numbers. It's all about coming up with a rationale that let's me feel vaguely comfortable with my decision. 

Gabriel keeps giving me flashbacks to Antone Smith, who scored in like four straight games a couple years ago for the Falcons and then disappeared (to be fair, I think he got hurt).

As for Q's ceiling, I can live with 5/109/1, which is what he put up last week. 

Dont get me wrong. When it comes to lower tier WRs, we're all just a bunch of monkeys throwing darts. I have no idea who will put up the best numbers. It's all about coming up with a rationale that let's me feel vaguely comfortable with my decision. 
Fwiw I'm starting QE in 2 leagues so hoping for the best.  But I think Mitchell is comparable or better with Gronk out.  But you're right, there isn't a strong reason for any of the 3 over the others. 

Well, I wasn't wrong ...  :yucky:

With Petty locked in ROS, hard to imagine he has much value. Also, I watched the whole game (God help me), and while QE seemed to be playing almost every snap, there was zero effort to get him involved, even when Fitz was in. 

Users who are viewing this thread