What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (1 Viewer)

I'm a bit concerned that the Rams get up and Seattle ends up playing from behind. I'm sure there will be rushing chances, but if Collins is only a 1st/2nd down back and has to give way to that "other dude" than I think I might just pass and fire up Higgins or Carter in my flex come Sunday.

Anyone else getting that vibe?

I'm a bit concerned that the Rams get up and Seattle ends up playing from behind. I'm sure there will be rushing chances, but if Collins is only a 1st/2nd down back and has to give way to that "other dude" than I think I might just pass and fire up Higgins or Carter in my flex come Sunday.

Anyone else getting that vibe?

A little bit but I don't see the Rams blowing them out.  I have D. Williams and Swift locked for Sunday but this will get interesting if CMC is active.  Then I have to bail on Swift or Williams which I don't want to do...

Well according to Sleeper, Alex Collins had a nice game on Sunday and looks to see more work in the coming week. 

I've been impressed with Sleeper so far but the lack of an update for a guy playing in about an hour is baffling. 

Now I’m in a pickle with CMC potentially coming back. Frick. 
Me too. I can plug in Collins, I have CMC and Damien Williams so I'm trading Collins for Williams if CMC plays. If I sit Collins and CMC doesn't play I roll out Williams and Pollard. Not sure what I'm going to do, guess I have an hour to decide.

I dunno, seems like the kind of guy we all start and feel good about and then in the third quarter he has 6 rushes for 14 yards and some 4th string back nobody has ever heard of is catching dump offs from Russ. 
Probably. 

Starting with confidence. 

I dunno, seems like the kind of guy we all start and feel good about and then in the third quarter he has 6 rushes for 14 yards and some 4th string back nobody has ever heard of is catching dump offs from Russ. 
This is what I’m afraid of. I don’t really have a choice though 

Hoping for some river dance!

I tend to side with your thinking and we have seen this story before so I understand why you think this but working in his favor are some great WRs and a HoF QB and he might get some cracks inside the 5 yd line. I don't think anyone would cry if he had a slightly smaller yardage total but crashes the box not once but twice. 

If you think the Rams are going to light it up on them then maybe Collins fades in what he can help them accomplish tonight but I have to believe in the normal typical game plan for Seattle that he will be involved. 

Starting TE OUT for Seattle which doesn't help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This would seem to cheer me up but what I want to know is what I was thinking when I dropped him Saturday. Right before Carson got hurt. Now I'm just pissed off that of all the guys on my roster, I dropped this one. I suck at this. Royally.

It ain't great.

It was discussed for two years in this thread as we wondered why such a seemingly dynamic back couldn't hold a job.

I don't think it's such a big issue tonight, particularly as Seattle doesn't have much behind him. 
Deejay Dallas is not bad. His pff grades are in the low 70s fwiw. He might be the 3rd down back.

Carson owner must've realized what was going on around 4pm today. He sent me a trade offer of Gallup for Collins. Being as Gallup was like his 7th WR and on IR, I passed. Hoping Collins blows up tonight. 

Other RBs owners are kicking around while looking at Collins tonight...Trey Sermon/Mitchell, Williams/Gordon, McKissic is another good example of a RB in PPR owners might be measuring against Collins tonight. 

Who will be sharing touches with him, Homer?

Oof. Collins, Sermon, or Bolden. 

Getting more than 10 pts in PPR out of these guys might be rough. This is what happens when you have to roll with Gaskin as your RB 2 and he turns to crap.

We all do. That’s why we’re in this thread considering playing this guy. 
Yeah, but in a dynasty league with 51 guys on your roster?  I mean, you've gotta be cursed or suck to drop this guy on the Saturday before Carson's inevitable breakdown. 

I know...wah wah, but it's sort of funny, really. I am laughing, at least. 

This would seem to cheer me up but what I want to know is what I was thinking when I dropped him Saturday. Right before Carson got hurt. Now I'm just pissed off that of all the guys on my roster, I dropped this one. I suck at this. Royally.
Ditto

Started him

Can choose 1 more between Mattison (if Cook is OUT), Sermon, Jamaal Williams, Darrell Williams, TySon Williams and Singletary. Or just go with 1 RB and use Reaghor or Josh Gordon as my flex

Starting him over a few questionable situations. Collins over Conner and mixon.

Yeah, but in a dynasty league with 51 guys on your roster?  I mean, you've gotta be cursed or suck to drop this guy on the Saturday before Carson's inevitable breakdown. 

I know...wah wah, but it's sort of funny, really. I am laughing, at least. 
Me last year when I got cute and dropped Mike Davis the Sunday when CMC went down. 

Me last year when I got cute and dropped Mike Davis the Sunday when CMC went down. 
Oof. There's no way of knowing CMC would go down, though. Carson's a different story. 

Anyway, I just find a cruel humor in it all. Keep that fourth TE but drop Alex Collins, back-up to Glass Joe. 

Anyway, back away from my team and onto Collins. 

After getting burned last week as a cook/mattison owner I have hunt locked in but considering collins over the possible Vikings rbs.

Been thinking for 15 minutes, I've got CMC, Collins, Damien Williams and Pollard, can play 2 no flex, PPR.

If CMC plays, I can have either CMC + Collins if I play Collins tonight, or CMC + Williams if I sit Collins tonight.

If CMC doesn't play, I can have Collins + Williams if I play Collins tonight, or Pollard + Williams if I sit Collins tonight.

I feel like it's 50/50 CMC plays. I think I'm going to play Collins to make sure I am not rolling out Pollard, given Zeke is on a tear. Potential downside of Collins->Pollard feels worse than the potential upside of Collins->Williams.

Alex Collins vs Rams 

J Robinson vs Tenn

Antonio Brown vs Mia 

Goedert vs Carolina 

1 point per reception

Tds are worth 10 

And 1 point for every 10 yards total 

100 yard bonus is 5 points 

Starting Collins over DHarris since he sucked last two games and four starting lineman injured/covid. Sucks it had to come to this, but it did.

Don’t love the matchup , so I am sticking with CMC, Jacobs and Swift 

if CMC is out, then I will have to play both Toney and Beckham 

might be starting collins over: miles sanders, gainwell, perine, the SF RB's... even scarier is i am starting henderson so i'd have both of my RB's in the thursday night game 😬

Users who are viewing this thread