What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tank Bigsby, JAX (1 Viewer)

He will be better and Etienne isn't exactly a prototype workhorse....I'd be buying low on BIgsby.
I know nothing about him and have never seen him run but I like to buy into offenses and I like the jags upside. Tank is a cheap option and is the last spot on my bench. If something doesn’t happen this week he’s likely gone next week for another shot at something else.

A good play. Looked like 1/2 that pile thought the play was over because they’re all just standing around wondering what’s going on. lol

He definitely didn’t move the entire pile 4 yards.

Still, a good effort.
Sheesh, tough crowd.
It was more like 6.5 yards.
True. The o-line did a good job of shoving him forward 4-5 yards.

A good play. Looked like 1/2 that pile thought the play was over because they’re all just standing around wondering what’s going on. lol

He definitely didn’t move the entire pile 4 yards.

Still, a good effort.
Sheesh, tough crowd.
It was more like 6.5 yards.
True. The o-line did a good job of shoving him forward 4-5 yards.
I just watched it again. It was 4-5 Jax OL and 1-2 INDY defenders.

If anything it’s a disappointment he couldn’t score given the numbers.

I thought it was a good run (definitely aided by some OL after the first 2 yards) that probably helped the kids confidence after the boneheaded fumble where he thought the play was over.

I thought it was a good run (definitely aided by some OL after the first 2 yards) that probably helped the kids confidence after the boneheaded fumble where he thought the play was over.
I’ll agree with that part.

But cmon - it wasn’t “tank MOVED the pile!”

The pile we mostly Jags. :lol:

I’ll agree with that part.

But cmon - it wasn’t “tank MOVED the pile!”

The pile we mostly Jags. :lol:
That is probably more accurate. I was going off memory seeing it live in the original account.
The main impressive part after watching again is staying upright 3 yards in the backfield after Buckner has a clean shot at him.

There's no way Etienne maintains this usage rate.

Expect it to tip Bigsby's way.

I'd actually consider selling Etienne high for the right offer in the right circumstance.

The play before that that went from the 5 to the 1 entirely by moving the pile is probably what the poster above is talking about.
That would make more sense.
Yeah I didn't say "he moved the pile on the TD" but in the redzone he absolutely had a play that was stopped at like the 5 and somehow pushed to the one yard line.

But then thats the difference between watching some plays and watching a game.

The play before that that went from the 5 to the 1 entirely by moving the pile is probably what the poster above is talking about.
Yeah I didn't say "he moved the pile on the TD" but in the redzone he absolutely had a play that was stopped at like the 5 and somehow pushed to the one yard line.

I saw that play as well and thought he was going to help drive the pile into the end zone - almost did. I'm sure that type of extra effort of keeping your legs moving wasn't lost on the coaching staff (as well as the pick 6 and lost fumble, of course).

I saw that play as well and thought he was going to help drive the pile into the end zone - almost did. I'm sure that type of extra effort of keeping your legs moving wasn't lost on the coaching staff (as well as the pick 6 and lost fumble, of course).
Yes, the coach probably bought those 4 OL who carried him a nice steak dinner for their effort.
;)

Watch the replay linked above. It’s not actually that impressive. Not hating - it’s just reality.

It's crazy how much a lot of people want Bigsby to be so much more than he is. Etienne has always been better than Tank....from HS through college through week 1 in the NFL. Etienne is WAY more explosive than Tank. Tank is a good RB, and will probably have a productive career as a spot starter and RB2, but he lacks the explosion. I expect ETN usage to not be as high as it was week 1 moving forward (for go sake he led the NFL), but he doesn't need it to be. As long as ETN is not hurt, he is going to get all the usage he needs to be a top 10 RB. Tank will spell him just like every other team has a back that spells the primary. This whole story isn't as intriguing as it's being forced to be. With ETN's crow feet the Jags knew they needed a solid backup RB - they didn't have one.

Not sure what your point is here. The rest of the game was abjectly worse for him.
I'm going to try and ignore that this thread so far feels like an agenda being pushed and kind of attack-y and hostile, but pointing it out so you know.

To the actual question:
1. All I said is that a coach is gonna see a big time pile moved when he had the ball inside the ten, and that is definitely not a bad thing. That's my point. He did something extremely well, and that likely earns him more of that opportunity again.
2. I believe the only other comment I have made on the split is that Etienne seems superior in all other aspects of the game up and down the field. Similarly, given his lackadaiscal plays elsewhere, I could see his overall touches going down and him specializing more around the goal line.
3. I'm only in this thread because I think this is a really valuable offense and it's good to get the perspective of how things are shaping up. I don't even have Bigsby on a team.

I'm going to try and ignore that this thread so far feels like an agenda being pushed and kind of attack-y and hostile, but pointing it out so you know.
Lmao

Making observations is attack-y & “hostile”?

That’s some hot nonsense. Watch the clip at the link. jags outnumbered the defenders on the play you going on about, and his overall game was absolutely terrible, littered with inefficiency and rookie errors.

If you choose to take that personally, that’s certainly a choice, but has nothing to do with anything I’ve posted.

I am, and it's not Tank It's D'Ernest. Although he only got one touch on Sunday for negative yardage, he is the shark-stash in deeper leagues in the event of a ETN injury. IMHO, of course.
I don’t disagree for now. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Johnson at the NFL level when he was with CLE.

Again, I was a big fan of Tank the last couple years in college before his senior year - still possible he turns it around. It was only 1 game.

I am, and it's not Tank It's D'Ernest. Although he only got one touch on Sunday for negative yardage, he is the shark-stash in deeper leagues in the event of a ETN injury. IMHO, of course.
I don’t disagree for now. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Johnson at the NFL level when he was with CLE.

Again, I was a big fan of Tank the last couple years in college before his senior year - still possible he turns it around. It was only 1 game.
I think Tank is the clear handcuff here. The fact that the coaching staff stuck with him - and still gave him high leverage touches - tells you all you need to know how they feel about him.

I think Tank is the clear handcuff here. The fact that the coaching staff stuck with him and still gave him high leverage touches tells you all you need to know how they feel about him.
I don’t disagree and said as much above.

But if he keeps playing like this it will be Johnson.

NFL = not for long

I think Tank is the clear handcuff here. The fact that the coaching staff stuck with him and still gave him high leverage touches tells you all you need to know how they feel about him.
I don’t disagree and said as much above.

But if he keeps playing like this it will be Johnson.

NFL = not for long
For sure - one more big gaffe and have to think he'll be seeing the bench for some time.

Zero touches for this guy? A little surprising even after having a rough first game. I only have him on one team but I can't hold him forever if he's not even playing.

Zero touches for this guy? A little surprising even after having a rough first game. I only have him on one team but I can't hold him forever if he's not even playing.
Inexplicable. 1st and goal at the KC 1 and the Jags call three pass plays and kick the FG. Why even bother drafting a guy named Tank?

Inexplicable. 1st and goal at the KC 1 and the Jags call three pass plays and kick the FG. Why even bother drafting a guy named Tank?
Given how they used week 1 this surprised me, but it was interesting to see D'Ernest Johnson in there what felt like quite a bit.

Playcalling was also atrocious - felt like they basically never set up Lawrence or Etienne or Ridley to succeed.

I need to stick to my initial May rookie rankings and stop letting preseason change my view.

^ But none of the rookie RBs are exceding expectations besides Achane, and he's on IR...

If Etienne were to get injured, Tank Bigsby becomes the hyped up league winning waiver wire pickup that everyone wishes they had stashed.

Why would anyone believe Bigsby would be anything without an ETN injury? I thought he would get some goal line carries however. Has he?, I don't actually know. If memory serves, in the off-season he was getting hype to steal ETN carries. I'm not just talking about just a few, but did you really believe that after the season ETN had last year? In dynasty, Bigsby is the type of player you want in case ETN goes down. I do think he is a league winner in that respect.

^ But none of the rookie RBs are exceding expectations besides Achane, and he's on IR...

If Etienne were to get injured, Tank Bigsby becomes the hyped up league winning waiver wire pickup that everyone wishes they had stashed.
Would he though? He’s looked bad from what Ive seen. Like just doing stupid things, fumbling, etc.

Would he though? He’s looked bad from what Ive seen. Like just doing stupid things, fumbling, etc.
Yes he would. Have you seen their RB room?
Sure he would get more touches, are we sure he would be league winner everyone regretted not having rostered? I’m definitely not.

@Ilov80s It's certainly not guaranted. I said hyped up because that's what all the content creators will tell us he is.

I do like Bigsby's outlook if there were an injury to Etienne. I don't see how Bigsby could be outside of someone's top 10 RB handcuffs.

Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson said Tank Bigsby needs to be more involved in the team’s rushing offense in 2024.
“We have to get Tank going, the bottom line. He is too good, that’s why we drafted him. I think early he had some ‘what is that’ type plays for whatever reason right or wrong. Again, in and out of the lineup,” Pederson said. “He is a young player that we’re excited about. Like we talked about last year, we take some burden off of Etienne [RB Travis Etienne] a little bit, keep him healthy for the remainder of the season.” Pederson told NBC Sports’ Matthew Berry last month that the team would cut down Etienne’s workload in 2024 after he racked up 325 touches in 2023 — more than any running back besides Christian McCaffrey. Bigsby was a disaster during his rookie campaign. He was benched for large swaths of the season after costly turnovers early in the year. Bigsby played just 141 snaps and had 50 carries for Jacksonville last season. The Jags, who took Bigsby in the third round of the 2023 NFL Draft, seem intent on giving him another chance in 2024.

Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson said Tank Bigsby needs to be more involved in the team’s rushing offense in 2024.
“We have to get Tank going, the bottom line. He is too good, that’s why we drafted him. I think early he had some ‘what is that’ type plays for whatever reason right or wrong. Again, in and out of the lineup,” Pederson said. “He is a young player that we’re excited about. Like we talked about last year, we take some burden off of Etienne [RB Travis Etienne] a little bit, keep him healthy for the remainder of the season.” Pederson told NBC Sports’ Matthew Berry last month that the team would cut down Etienne’s workload in 2024 after he racked up 325 touches in 2023 — more than any running back besides Christian McCaffrey. Bigsby was a disaster during his rookie campaign. He was benched for large swaths of the season after costly turnovers early in the year. Bigsby played just 141 snaps and had 50 carries for Jacksonville last season. The Jags, who took Bigsby in the third round of the 2023 NFL Draft, seem intent on giving him another chance in 2024.
Find yourself someone who loves you as much as Pederson loves hyping up this mediocre running back every year.

What a disaster of a rookie season Tank had. I still believe in his talent, hopefully it clicks for him mentally.
It's possible that last year was just a disaster for Tank and maybe he'll figure it out. I'm a bit skeptical though because it seems to be a position that guys either get it right away or don't and become bench material.

As an Etienne owner though, even if Bigsby and Johnson remain mediocre at best, that still might be enough to keep Etienne off the field more than we'd like to keep him fresh.

Last edited:
ETN might be like Pollard...more efficient on less touches. ETN has seemed to wear down the last two seasons.
I do think he got overworked last year, especially with pointless up the gut runs behind an OL that couldn't create any lanes. I think the issues with ETN last year had more to do with the whole Jags offense falling apart than anything with him. 2 years ago, he didn't appear to wear down. He finished 2022 with 100 yards rushing in 3 of the last 6 games. He was great in the playoffs for them.

@Hot Sauce Guy
Post #5 in this thread is you saying you love Tank Bigsby 😅💞
Pre-draft, I liked his college film.

Things change. Opinions change. Having evidence of his not being good in the NFL has influenced my opinion since then.

I’m allowed to change my mind about a player, right?

By all means, keep trolling though. It’s a good look.

ETA what’s super weird is your account didn’t even exist back then.

Last edited:
Why the grandstanding? I am not trolling. I might have out of the box methods to make a point, but there's a method to the madness. Trust the process.

Why the grandstanding? I am not trolling. I might have out of the box methods to make a point, but there's a method to the madness. Trust the process.
I didn't take your comment necessarily as a shot at HSG, more of an "oh how things change over the course of a year" ... with maybe a little bit of a jab sprinkled in lol. But only you know how you meant it.

Users who are viewing this thread