What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Travis Etienne, JAX (1 Viewer)

I have been going back and forth on this but i am putting etienne and rhamadre ahead of Olave/ devonta Smith and possibly waddle on my board all 3 of those Wr can have a good year and only produce 80 /1200/ 7 and get out produced by the keenan allen/ watson/ dj Moore tier ettiene / rhamadre should be top 10 backs

I've been targeting a WR-WR start in a 12 team PPR league with my RB1 landing in round 3. I keep running into the following decisions:

* Rhamandre vs. Mixon vs. Etienne vs. Najai

Leaning Mixon if he's available. Don't love it, but he's a volume monster potentially.

I'm eliminating N. Harris if I can. Just think Warren is too good and he's going to aggravate me all season.

So it comes down to Rhamandre vs Etienne and I'm leaning Etienne. Thinking JAX offense has much more potential and Bigsby is less of a threat to Etienne than Zeke is to Rhamandre (in a crappier offense).

Kinda hoping the Bigsby hype continues to keep Etienne's ADP down a bit.

Im faced with this exact question in RD 3 half PPR after going WR / WR -- Etienne or Stevenson.

I prefer Etienee given what I think is more upside than RS. But have also been reading some fairly negative views of the Jags offensive line.

Im faced with this exact question in RD 3 half PPR after going WR / WR -- Etienne or Stevenson.

I prefer Etienee given what I think is more upside than RS. But have also been reading some fairly negative views of the Jags offensive line.
Jacksonville just looks to have a much better offense at all positions, including the offensive line.

I like Rhamondre as a player but, personally I'm going with the guy on the better offense.

what about Gibbs at that spot ?
Close but I like Etienne over Gibbs...I think. Probably Rhamondre's too because I am still concerned about Gibbs' volume.

But you can't be faulted for going in either direction.

Looks like the Lions have a top 3 OL which I like for Gibbs. In Etienne's favor I like that he has some experience already and knows what he's doing.

I can talk myself into, and out of, all three RBS.

ETN looking like one of the big values for redraft. He gets no respect.
He went at the end of the second round in my long standing league draft tonight.

I really wanted him at the turn in the third.
Seems like mid to end of 3rd is where he goes a lot. I think he should be a late 2nd pick. Though when I see his ADP on Fantasy Pros it seems more reasonable than what I actually see in the drafts I notice.

He went at the end of the second round in my long standing league draft tonight.

Seems like mid to end of 3rd is where he goes a lot. I think he should be a late 2nd pick. Though when I see his ADP on Fantasy Pros it seems more reasonable than what I actually see in the drafts I notice.

Got him at 4.03 in a fairly important draft I did. I felt like I was stealing. Or at least auditioning for a RICO charge. The sages told me otherwise.

Got him at 4.03 in a fairly important draft I did. I felt like I was stealing. Or at least auditioning for a RICO charge. The sages told me otherwise.
Yeah, this is the kind of slide I see happening. Inexplicable. Do you know what other players were on the board that you debated or who went just ahead of him? It's just so weird because drafters usually go stupid over young high pedigree RBs like ETN but every year there seems to be a new reason why people don't like him. He's too small, he's not a pass catcher, James Robinson, Tank Bigsby. It's like Jerry Seinfeld with a girlfriend, just looking for any reason to break it off.

Do you know what other players were on the board that you debated or who went just ahead of him?

It wasn't much of a debate for me. This happened back in the earlier parts of August. It went like this (my picks are marked with an X):

Do you know what other players were on the board that you debated or who went just ahead of him?

It wasn't much of a debate for me. This happened back in the earlier parts of August. It went like this (my picks are marked with an X):

Wow nice picks. If those guys went at 25 and 26, I would have nodded along.

Thanks. Value fell all over that draft for some reason. It was TE Premium, and Hockenson and Andrews went after my picks. I wanted to take one, but I don't like Andrews and wasn't sold on Hockenson (who was holding in). Now that Hockenson is one of the highest-paid TEs in the game, I have a bit of egg on my face. But I scored Njoku and Musgrave who are both going to be given every chance (it seems) to have a big year. Njoku in particular is a monster, IMO. Always has been. They say he's their best downfield receiver. Time to unleash the beast.

Thanks. Value fell all over that draft for some reason. It was TE Premium, and Hockenson and Andrews went after my picks. I wanted to take one, but I don't like Andrews and wasn't sold on Hockenson (who was holding in). Now that Hockenson is one of the highest-paid TEs in the game, I have a bit of egg on my face. But I scored Njoku and Musgrave who are both going to be given every chance (it seems) to have a big year. Njoku in particular is a monster, IMO. Always has been. They say he's their best downfield receiver. Time to unleash the beast.
I have the same reluctance about Andrews. I like him but think he blends more into that Hock-Pitts-Waller-Kittle-Goedert tier than he does stand as a clear TE2. Could be my Lions bias but I don't think Hock is special. Real nice athlete but drops more passes than you would like and seems to disappear for long stretches.

Travis Etienne had 18 carries for 77 yards and a touchdown in the Jaguars’ Week 1 win against the Colts, adding five receptions for 27 yards.

Etienne operated as the clearcut lead back, though Tank Bigsby vultured a late touchdown — one of the rookie’s seven rushes on the day. Etienne showed burst and elusiveness while Bigsby (1.8 yards per carry) appeared out of sorts and overwhelmed in his pro debut. Etienne’s pass game involvement is excellent for his fantasy prospects, making him far less game script sensitive than many believed headed into the season. Etienne will be a top running back play in Week 2 against Kansas City.

- Rotoworld

ETN absolutely flying to deliver a downfield block. Love the hustle, this is the kind of play that will catch the coaches eye.

Wow. That was impressive. He looked like he was playing at a different speed than anyone else on the field.
Yeah I know his 40 time at the combine wasn’t eye popping but I think he was loading up weight feeling that number was more important. I don’t think he plays at 215, probably more like 205. If you look at his college tape, it sure looks like he plays at a different speed. Also was nice to see a career high in receptions and I believe he led all NFL RBs in route participation.

John Daigle
Travis Etienne's 86% route rate and 15.6% target share against the Colts were both career-high marks.

Joe Orrico
Travis Etienne in Week 1:

- 80% Snaps
- 86% Route Rate
- 16% Target Share
- 74% RB Opportunities

Top 5 Fantasy RB Utilization.

#ETNSZN

JPAFootball
This is a play that won’t show up on the stat sheet: #Jaguars RB Travis Etienne sprinting up the field to make a crucial block for Calvin Ridley.

Amazing effort and hustle.

John Daigle
Travis Etienne's 86% route rate and 15.6% target share against the Colts were both career-high marks.

Joe Orrico
Travis Etienne in Week 1:

- 80% Snaps
- 86% Route Rate
- 16% Target Share
- 74% RB Opportunities

Top 5 Fantasy RB Utilization.

#ETNSZN

JPAFootball
This is a play that won’t show up on the stat sheet: #Jaguars RB Travis Etienne sprinting up the field to make a crucial block for Calvin Ridley.

Amazing effort and hustle.
What exactly is "route rate"? A quick search wasn't enlightening, and the first things that come to my mind are clearly impossible, given Etienne's value of 86%.

What exactly is "route rate"? A quick search wasn't enlightening, and the first things that come to my mind are clearly impossible, given Etienne's value of 86%.

What is route rate in football?

Essentially, this metric measures the percentage of passing plays for which a player ran a route in any given game. It excludes plays where the player either was on the sidelines or stayed in to block, so it also tells you how frequently each player was an option to receive a target.

Usage ✔️
Performance ❌

At least he caught all his targets, but, man. You gotta break at least ONE big one when you get 23 touches.

I watched all last year and so far this year, and I really think they don't use him well. But then when he does get a chance/opening he blows it.

Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Usage ✔️
Performance ❌

At least he caught all his targets, but, man. You gotta break at least ONE big one when you get 23 touches.
I only watched the second half, but by my count in that half he had 14 touches.

1 was a target, short, in the middle, congested.
12 were runs to guard or middle with no window, often hit in backfield.
1 went outside the tackles.

The one play that went outside the tackle was the biggest run of the second half, for 6 yards and a missed tackle away from an explosive play.

I would actually say:
Performance check
Types of Usage terrible
Volume check

I didn't sit him but i've been bad mouthing him all week in an effort to motivate him

Let's see if this game sticks though. It was pretty ugly out there most of the day

The guy was RB14 and people were calling him a bum. I just don’t get it.
RB18 in my league

Behind Jerome Ford, James Conner, Zach Moss and Khalil Herbert

I think that's what they are complaining about..
it’s been 4 games. Even in your league the difference between him and Conner is like 2 points. He’s had 2 good games. It’s just how fantasy goes unless you are CMC. Guys have big games and bounce up, have a bad game slip down.

Well it was 2 points, now ETN will firmly be in the RB1 range.

Users who are viewing this thread