What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redskins and Williams (1 Viewer)

The Skins are a perfect parachute gig for the veteran coach to get one last paycheck, and money is the only reason people have anything to do with this buffoon anyway. But if I were a young coach, despite the former prestige of the organization, I wouldn't go near this situation with a ten-foot pole.

redman said:
I don't remember that. My recollection was that they were talking about doing something to honor Taylor, but my recollection was nobody was talking about going with 10 men on the first play.
Took me awhile to find this, but I was sure I'd seen it before kickoff.
Good find. You're right on that then. I still refer you to Gibbs' own statements after the game that he was unaware of this, and he admitted that with every reason not to. For whatever reason, the media somehow knew about this and Gibbs did not.
Gibbs was also not aware that you can't call 2 consecutive time outs. Just sayin-I wonder if Spurrier is still available.....sheesh

Go Skins

Snyder is a complete idiot. He is not going to hire him over a tribute to Sean Taylor? This man is running this team into the ground! :thumbup:
as for the product on the field, yes, as far as value for the franchise is concerned, the Redskins are on of the top 3-4 sports franchises worldwide, worth well over $1billion ...he's made a lot of $$ off of them..

Snyder is a complete idiot. He is not going to hire him over a tribute to Sean Taylor? This man is running this team into the ground! :excited:
as for the product on the field, yes, as far as value for the franchise is concerned, the Redskins are on of the top 3-4 sports franchises worldwide, worth well over $1billion ...he's made a lot of $$ off of them..
I'm not as quick to slam Snyder as most are for the reason you mention. However, I think there are limits to what the Skin fans are willing to put up with and Snyder might be pushing those limits this time. There is more Snyder bashing going on around here than I have ever heard, and I am also hearing for the first time people threatening to not go to games. May just be bluff, but I have never heard that when Snyder was being ridiculous before.

Snyder is a complete idiot. He is not going to hire him over a tribute to Sean Taylor? This man is running this team into the ground! :shock:
I'm not as quick to slam Snyder as most are for the reason you mention. However, I think there are limits to what the Skin fans are willing to put up with and Snyder might be pushing those limits this time. There is more Snyder bashing going on around here than I have ever heard, and I am also hearing for the first time people threatening to not go to games. May just be bluff, but I have never heard that when Snyder was being ridiculous before.
:thumbup: Snyder is nearly unparalleled when it comes to generating revenue with his sports franchise. Yes, he has a very large and devoted fan base to work with, but he's taken the profitability of the Redskins to a whole other level. The problem is that he's not a "football man", and yet he doesn't restrict his direct involvement to non-football matters. Yes, it's his team and he can do what he wants, but this situation screams out for a strong GM type - e.g. Polian; AJ Smith; Wolf; Beathard - to take over and run the football operations for him. Who does he have instead? Vinny Cerrato, a yes-man from the beginning and a guy who as I understand it is not a bad college talent evaluator but who is singularly unqualified otherwise to run an NFL front office. Snyder, since the Schottenheimer days, has apparently operated under the assumption that he can run things his way in the front office if he has a big figure as his head coach. Spurrier was a daring attempt and failure, and Gibbs was actually a pretty inspired hire but just didn't have the mojo he had during his first tenure. Without a good football man running the front office though, the team continues to lack any long term vision and it's showing now. Gibbs attempted to give the team a long term plan, and he was a big enough figure that for four years he could keep Snyder and Cerrato in check and actually build something. In the span of less than three weeks they've managed to pretty much abandon all of that, and once again the team's future looks gray. It's very, very frustrating.

The best part for the new coach will be going into a locker room full of guys wishing that Williams was made the HC. Have fun with that.

Users who are viewing this thread