What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

Since you know all Scotty :shrug: can you tell me what Bush's #'s will be at the end of the year. It seems you are the expert here on Bush and I want to hear your projections.

In his thread you have him down for 1400 and 8. Is that still where you have him?
I will have to reassess my thoughts on Bush. With Shockey there, those short, dump passes to Shockey have to come from somewhere and Shockey is Payton's guy from way back....
That would have him having a better third year than Faulk wouldn't it?
As somebody from St. Louis that watched the HOFer play many times in person and on TV you of all people should not even go here.

Faulk had a down year his third year or what Bush lovers call a great season...
I think comparing Faulk and Bush is a compliment to the future HOF.

No one loved to watch Faulk more than I did but I just see a lot of similarity in their games. I should say to you that you shouldn't hate on Reggie due to not seeing him as much. You have in the past really jumped on Reggie's back due to his low ypc in other thread's so I agree where Switz was coming from but if you go off stats right now there is no comparisons between the two. However, I think your going to see Reggie explode this year.
No it's a slap in the face to Faulk. To say that Faulk was mediocre in his first two seasons and so was Reggie is a joke. Faulk played well. Reggie has sucked. And you should no better...
I didn't say their stats matched up I just said I see alot of similiarities in thier game. Kind of like I see alot of Elway when Cutler plays. I'm not trying to say Cutler is as good as Elway I'm just saying the look and play simliar.

One thing's for sure: if Bush does improve to the point of being a solid FFB RB1, this board will be behind the curve and never see it coming.

I'm sorry I've read this whole thread, hoping for something usefull.The bottom line is that Bush has been dissapointing in his first couple of seasons by almost any measuring stick, BUT has shown enough that NO isn't ready to write him off, and many FF owners aren't ready to either.To me, he's a very safe pick in redraft as it's likely he'll have enough opportunities to at least justify his ADP, plus has enough upside to have a chance to do better. He's especially attractive in PPR.He's a lot tougher in dynasty, because if he doesn't improve his YPA/C, his opportunities will surely decrease. The reason the debate is so hot is because he's so unconventional in how he gets his yards/fantasy points that the traditional measuring sticks don't seem very adequate, particularly given how he's used and the injury he played through last year.I can't fault anyone steering clear, nor can I fault anyone who's targetting him. This is one of those guys we are not likely to ever get a clear consesus on. Personally, I like him as an RB2 in PPR dynasty, and will buy at that price, or sell at low RB1.
:thumbdown: Agreed and done (but I will speak out in his defense if needed)

Since you know all Scotty :thumbdown: can you tell me what Bush's #'s will be at the end of the year. It seems you are the expert here on Bush and I want to hear your projections.

In his thread you have him down for 1400 and 8. Is that still where you have him?
I will have to reassess my thoughts on Bush. With Shockey there, those short, dump passes to Shockey have to come from somewhere and Shockey is Payton's guy from way back....
That would have him having a better third year than Faulk wouldn't it?
As somebody from St. Louis that watched the HOFer play many times in person and on TV you of all people should not even go here.

Faulk had a down year his third year or what Bush lovers call a great season...
I think comparing Faulk and Bush is a compliment to the future HOF.

No one loved to watch Faulk more than I did but I just see a lot of similarity in their games. I should say to you that you shouldn't hate on Reggie due to not seeing him as much. You have in the past really jumped on Reggie's back due to his low ypc in other thread's so I agree where Switz was coming from but if you go off stats right now there is no comparisons between the two. However, I think your going to see Reggie explode this year.
No it's a slap in the face to Faulk. To say that Faulk was mediocre in his first two seasons and so was Reggie is a joke. Faulk played well. Reggie has sucked. And you should no better...
I didn't say their stats matched up I just said I see alot of similiarities in thier game. Kind of like I see alot of Elway when Cutler plays. I'm not trying to say Cutler is as good as Elway I'm just saying the look and play simliar.
You see similarities between Elway and Cutler? Elway was one of the most unique QB talents the game has ever seen. What similarities? They both play(ed) for Denver?

Looks like Reggie has been working out the guns in the off-season.

Pic

Somebody at saintsreport said that Sirius Radio reported he has put on 7 to 8 pounds.

Pic

Somebody at saintsreport said that Sirius Radio reported he has put on 7 to 8 pounds.
Have to be logged in to see it. Any chance you can get us the picture some other way.
Sorry about that. Is this any better?Pic
Shouldn't have done that. Blackjacks has printed the picture off, grabbed a box of kleenex and headed to the bathroom. He'll be back in about 10 minutes....

Shouldn't have done that. Blackjacks has printed the picture off, grabbed a box of kleenex and headed to the bathroom. He'll be back in about 10 minutes....
There's a line between disagreeing rudely with someone's point of view, and just being completely tasteless.You crossed that line.Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Pic

Have to be logged in to see it. Any chance you can get us the picture some other way.
Sorry about that. Is this any better?Pic
No, its not any better because I'd rather not see him holding the ball in his hands like that.TUCK THE BALL FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!

Most football players learn this in Jr. High......

Sincerely,

a Reggie Bush dynasty owner :yes:

There's a line between disagreeing rudely with someone's point of view, and just being completely tasteless.You crossed that line.Please refrain from doing so in the future.
Blackjacks is a friend of mine. Used to crash at my place all the time when hit the bars. I walked into the living room just as the guy was about to do this once. I can make all the jokes about this I want....It's called having friends in the real world. I know it's a difficult concept for you to understand....Oh, and sorry Tim, had to out you on that one....Switz I didn't make the same joke about you because I don't know you. But I am a little surprised about the response. Did my comment about the BJ's hit a little close to home there Hotrod?

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackjacks is a friend of mine. Used to crash at my place all the time when hit the bars. I walked into the living room just as the guy was about to do this once. I can make all the jokes about this I want....It's called having friends in the real world. I know it's a difficult concept for you to understand....Oh, and sorry Tim, had to out you on that one....Switz I didn't make the same joke about you because I don't know you. But I am a little surprised about the response. Did my comment about the BJ's hit a little close to home there Hotrod?
Nope. Didn't hit close to home. Just thought it was classless. Perhaps among your friends IRL you joke around about stuff like that, but around my friends we don't. And as you acknowledged, you don't know everyone in here IRL, so perhaps it is wiser to stay classy, out of respect for people who perhaps have children who visit these forums, or those with different morals and values than yourself.This forum is basically a "public" place. It's generally a good idea to think about that before posting.

There's a line between disagreeing rudely with someone's point of view, and just being completely tasteless.You crossed that line.

Please refrain from doing so in the future.
Blackjacks is a friend of mine. Used to crash at my place all the time when hit the bars. I walked into the living room just as the guy was about to do this once. I can make all the jokes about this I want....It's called having friends in the real world. I know it's a difficult concept for you to understand....Oh, and sorry Tim, had to out you on that one....

Switz I didn't make the same joke about you because I don't know you. But I am a little surprised about the response. Did my comment about the BJ's hit a little close to home there Hotrod?
:lmao:

Found an interesting blog on Reggie Bush here. REALCHRISM's response was an especially good read.
REALCHRISM sums it up nicely. As I remarked in an earlier post, the offensive play calling was just bad. After doing a remarkable job the season before, Payton followed up with a dud season.

I wish Reggie would place a call to Tiki... if theres anyone Bush reminds me of, its Tiki Barber

About the same build, Tiki was just a little shorter

Tiki was not good in 1st couple of season in the NFL,

Tiki was usually paired w/ a power back

Tiki had a terrible fumbling problem

it wasn't until his 4th season that Tiki came alive and got his 1000 yds rushing + 700 yds rec and 9 TDs

I wish Reggie would place a call to Tiki... if theres anyone Bush reminds me of, its Tiki BarberAbout the same build, Tiki was just a little shorterTiki was not good in 1st couple of season in the NFL, Tiki was usually paired w/ a power backTiki had a terrible fumbling problemit wasn't until his 4th season that Tiki came alive and got his 1000 yds rushing + 700 yds rec and 9 TDs
Have a little faith, baby... right, Kelly?

zed2283 said:
KellysHeroes said:
I wish Reggie would place a call to Tiki... if theres anyone Bush reminds me of, its Tiki BarberAbout the same build, Tiki was just a little shorterTiki was not good in 1st couple of season in the NFL, Tiki was usually paired w/ a power backTiki had a terrible fumbling problemit wasn't until his 4th season that Tiki came alive and got his 1000 yds rushing + 700 yds rec and 9 TDs
Have a little faith, baby... right, Kelly?
I'm hoping Reggie performs like Tiki's 4th yr... the yr he came out of his shell.

KellysHeroes said:
i see him less a tiki player and more a westbrook type player. either way, i'd be thrilled if he followed in either of their footsteps...

zed2283 said:
Found an interesting blog on Reggie Bush here. REALCHRISM's response was an especially good read.
REALCHRISM sums it up nicely. As I remarked in an earlier post, the offensive play calling was just bad. After doing a remarkable job the season before, Payton followed up with a dud season.
Excellent analysis to counter that piece. Stats are useful, but film analysis will show you what the stats often can't :popcorn:

Is there a new starting running back in New Orleans?

What is Bush's dynasty value right now? Higher or lower than it was to start the season?

He's not in the game much. Moore is now handling punts. Bush has looked good running the ball on the touches he's had.

He's not in the game much. Moore is now handling punts. Bush has looked good running the ball on the touches he's had.
And he will continue to look good, every once in a while in the right situations. But he isn't a great NFL feature back, and the Saints seemed to have finally realized that.I have always said that if he continues to get all of the massive opportunity, he will score points and his owners will be happy. But at some point, the Saints had to admit that Bush wasn't producing enough PER opportunity and would start to give a lot of those opportunities to someone else. That point seems to be now.Bush will still have a big game here and there, but I don't think he's going to be startable going forward except in a pinch. At the beginning of the season or a few games into it (even better), you could have gotten a VERY nice return for Bush. But the train has finally left the station. You won't get much for him now.

And he will continue to look good, every once in a while in the right situations. But he isn't a great NFL feature back, and the Saints seemed to have finally realized that.I have always said that if he continues to get all of the massive opportunity, he will score points and his owners will be happy. But at some point, the Saints had to admit that Bush wasn't producing enough PER opportunity and would start to give a lot of those opportunities to someone else. That point seems to be now.Bush will still have a big game here and there, but I don't think he's going to be startable going forward except in a pinch. At the beginning of the season or a few games into it (even better), you could have gotten a VERY nice return for Bush. But the train has finally left the station. You won't get much for him now.
Whatever! I haven't seen him in the game since early in the 3rd. I'm at a bar, so there's no sound. I have a feeling he's still hurt. He's not returning punts!! Don't worry, he can stay with my Saints. We don't want to get rid of him!

Disagree... for some people, you should NEVER assume a full season. Do you assume Andre Johnson will play a full season?Reggie Bush is different, there's no reason to think he WON'T play a full season. But with some players, there's good reason to think they'll miss games - why - because they always do.
LMFAO... Bush epitomizes that player that there's good reason to think he'll miss games.2/3 years Bush hasn't played 16and 4/6 (assuming he plays the final couple games) that AJ has.Aside from last year Johnson has only missed 3 games in his career.

The Saints have finally decided that they actually want to win ball games rather than feed Reggie so they don't have to admit he's a bust. It took a little longer than I thought (thanks maybe due to a stay of execution based on his injury last year), but it's very clear now he's not a starter and won't be given massive opportunities that drove his stats anymore - even in the receiving game where he was almost as over-rated as he was in the rushing game.

Are there any more excuses folks would like to make on his behalf or can we be done with him now?

The Saints have finally decided that they actually want to win ball games rather than feed Reggie so they don't have to admit he's a bust. It took a little longer than I thought (thanks maybe due to a stay of execution based on his injury last year), but it's very clear now he's not a starter and won't be given massive opportunities that drove his stats anymore - even in the receiving game where he was almost as over-rated as he was in the rushing game.Are there any more excuses folks would like to make on his behalf or can we be done with him now?
I've been a big Reggie supporter but I am currently trying to trade him.

The Saints have finally decided that they actually want to win ball games rather than feed Reggie so they don't have to admit he's a bust. It took a little longer than I thought (thanks maybe due to a stay of execution based on his injury last year), but it's very clear now he's not a starter and won't be given massive opportunities that drove his stats anymore - even in the receiving game where he was almost as over-rated as he was in the rushing game.Are there any more excuses folks would like to make on his behalf or can we be done with him now?
I've been a big Reggie supporter but I am currently trying to trade him.
ya reggie's value is pretty crappy right now. I just got him as a throw-in in a trade for jennings.

The Saints as a whole haven't been passing much the last couple of games. I'd like to believe his value will increase when the Saints revert to airing it out.

The Saints as a whole haven't been passing much the last couple of games. I'd like to believe his value will increase when the Saints revert to airing it out.
Why would you assume that's their plan?
Because a couple games aren't enough to change a couple years. Because after the first two weeks he had a LOT of redzone looks. Because Brees has thrown for 0 touchdowns the last two games and I don't envision many more weeks like that.

Because a couple games aren't enough to change a couple years. Because after the first two weeks he had a LOT of redzone looks. Because Brees has thrown for 0 touchdowns the last two games and I don't envision many more weeks like that.
I don't disagree with you that 0 TD's for Brees will continue but the days of 5K yards I think are over. Brees was all world last year but the team went what, 8-8? They want to win with D and running the ball. Airing it out is great for our fantasy teams but it doesn't put this team in the playoffs. It worked against the Lions and a McNabb-less Philly team and they have that weapon in their arsenal but they are going to transition to a ball control offense if they can...

I think the key here is "like to believe". It is not a coincidence that the team is using Bush less and winning more. I don't think they feel they need to change the plan at this point. I agree that Brees will get back to passing more, but I doubt a large percentage of those passes are going to go to Bush, simply because he will be on the field less.This offense has made MIKE BELL look like a stud, and it still can't make Reggie look decent. There is little reason for them to go back to what was hosing them before.

TheFanatic said:
Going back and rereading this entire thread was fun. I doubt it would be as fun for Switz and BJ's though...
Why?????He has a career highs in yards per carry [4.1] and yards per catch [8.6]I thought you never like him cause he couldn't avg over 4 ypc and now he is. What's your issure now?

TheFanatic said:
Going back and rereading this entire thread was fun. I doubt it would be as fun for Switz and BJ's though...
Why?????He has a career highs in yards per carry [4.1] and yards per catch [8.6]I thought you never like him cause he couldn't avg over 4 ypc and now he is. What's your issure now?
LOL please continue this debate.BTW BJ, what is your assessment of Reggie's production going forward? Is he a RB1 in PPR leagues?

TheFanatic said:
He's on pace for 1K yards this year. 600 rushing and 400 receiving as well as 4 TD's. That's if he plays 16 games. That would put him right around the 28th or 29th RB last year in non PPR's. Add another 60 or so points for a PPR league and he will be higher than that. He is also on pace to have 8 fumbles. But hey, now he has a decent YPC. At least he has that going for him. Definitely proves he's a great RB. Up there with the likes of Marshall Faulk, Westbrook and Tiki.

TheFanatic said:
He's on pace for 1K yards this year. 600 rushing and 400 receiving as well as 4 TD's. That's if he plays 16 games. That would put him right around the 28th or 29th RB last year in non PPR's. Add another 60 or so points for a PPR league and he will be higher than that. He is also on pace to have 8 fumbles. But hey, now he has a decent YPC. At least he has that going for him. Definitely proves he's a great RB. Up there with the likes of Marshall Faulk, Westbrook and Tiki.
:lmao:

Defenses fear Reggie Bush as much as actresses fear Kim Kardashian stealing roles from them. Those two are perfect for each other. All ****, no substance.

can't believe I was able to trade him for DeAngelo in 2 dynasty leagues this summer. I have been a big Bush supporter, but he's hardly worth a start right now, even in PPR leagues. Maybe he bounces back, but he's not a guy I ENJOY starting anymore.

As one of Reggie Bush's biggest supporters i now realize he is nothing more then a gimmick.

I got duped and didn't realize it until it was too late. He's nothing and deserves to be treated like the bust he is.

I wish him the worst in life and in football.

He'll continue to be involved but more like a slant receiver than anything. He was targeted in the end zone again against the Jets but Brees over threw him.

He'll continue to be involved but more like a slant receiver than anything. He was targeted in the end zone again against the Jets but Brees over threw him.
See, this is why I'm having a hard time letting this guy go. He's on a high powered offense, getting red zone looks in every game(I think), on pace for over 1000 total yards...I'm disappointed that he hasn't done better but I think I'm holding for now.

Users who are viewing this thread