What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

safe to eat? (1 Viewer)

MC Gas Money

Footballguy
I had a single serving cup of rice pudding in my bag all day that I forgot about.

It is sealed with a foil lid but has been unrefridgerated for 14 hours.

Safe to eat?

It has cinnamon sprinkled on top and is mexican style if that matters

Actual rice leftovers are very prone to causing food poisoning. You shouldn't eat it if it's been left out very long, and are supposed to nuke the hell out of it even when it's been refrigerated. Even if you kill the bacteria, the toxins left by the strain of bacteria it contains can make you sick if there is too much of it.

No clue if any of it applies to rice pudding. Never even tasted the stuff.

How does reheated rice cause food poisoning?Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive.

If the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores can grow into bacteria. These bacteria will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea.

The longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that the bacteria or toxins could make the rice unsafe to eat.

blows my mind that folks will eat someone's pisser but perhaps not rice pudding?
:goodposting:

I'm the same way about OTC medicines. People who get concerned about how many to take or if it is safe to take on an empty stomach, etc. make me scratch my head. When I think of the massive amounts of alcohol and drugs that have been eaten, drank, smoked, and inhaled into my body without a second thought, popping a few capsules of something off the shelf is of minor consequence.

Good luck MC, I hope you make it through the night. If you end up in the ER give us some live updates.

on a related note... the lady grabbed some vegetarian food tonight.... jamaican veggies, plantain, taro root, chick pea curry, pumpkin and callaloo

i have been shredding farts that Im certain is blasting holes in my undies.

i wish I had a blacklight... id love to see what the backside of these puppies looks like before bed

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear everything is ok. How on earth do you have 5k posts in 10 months? I need to work on my typing speed or something.

Actual rice leftovers are very prone to causing food poisoning. You shouldn't eat it if it's been left out very long, and are supposed to nuke the hell out of it even when it's been refrigerated. Even if you kill the bacteria, the toxins left by the strain of bacteria it contains can make you sick if there is too much of it.

No clue if any of it applies to rice pudding. Never even tasted the stuff.

How does reheated rice cause food poisoning?Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive.

If the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores can grow into bacteria. These bacteria will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea.

The longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that the bacteria or toxins could make the rice unsafe to eat.
Nope.

cool story bro what kind of stuff do you deliver i am always looking for someone to take stuff to the bank

cool story bro what kind of stuff do you deliver i am always looking for someone to take stuff to the bank
I work for an employment agency, not a delivery service
what if i employed you to deliver stuff for me boom i just blew your mind now let me blow it up even more what if i employed you deliver the shirt you said you would make for that one guy sometime this century double boom take that to the bank bromigo

SWC said:
MC Gas Money said:
SWC said:
what if i employed you to deliver stuff for me boom i just blew your mind now let me blow it up even more what if i employed you deliver the shirt you said you would make for that one guy sometime this century double boom take that to the bank bromigo
What blows my mind is your dedication to lousy shtick

SWC said:
MC Gas Money said:
SWC said:
What blows my mind is your dedication to lousy shtick
:potkettle:

Users who are viewing this thread