What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shtick You Use in Real Life (1 Viewer)

Got this from my sister, can't stop.  Kids are starting to do it:

Anytime, anyone asks where something is or comments that they have misplaced something I shoot back "If it were up your butt you'd know":moneybag:

Again, I can't recommend this one enough.  When your kids, wife, butler ask "where something is" just let this one rip.

I'm in the planning stage for this, brainstorming for pose ideas. I'll get my daughter to take the pictures so flexibility for action shots, etc. Maybe a karate pose or something on a skateboard. Could go with a nature theme peering through the bifurcation of a tree or something with an animal - could go to a local farm and stage something. Or borrow someone else's kid and push him/her on a swing.

Thoughts?
https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_img/50016/1000307823/original/ugly-christmas-sweater-portrait-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

Just got this done. Bought a hideous red turtleneck sweater at TJ Maxx and, lying on my stomach, shimmied all of my lower body under the tree. Then I rested my face between my hands, elbows on floor, and smiled with as much gaiety as I could muster. My youngest daughter was my photographer, she thought it was the "creepiest thing I've ever done."

Just got this done. Bought a hideous red turtleneck sweater at TJ Maxx and, lying on my stomach, shimmied all of my lower body under the tree. Then I rested my face between my hands, elbows on floor, and smiled with as much gaiety as I could muster. My youngest daughter was my photographer, she thought it was the "creepiest thing I've ever done."
:pics: or it didn’t happen

Family vacations are great for shtick opportunities. My wife takes pics of me and my two sons (12 and 14) and I insist on yelling "Deuces" and doing this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=people+giving+deuces+sign&hl=en&tbm=isch&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwib9NDu8KrfAhUwzlkKHWZADAgQ_AUICSgB&biw=800&bih=1280&dpr=1#imgrc=RyAUCuR_Mt-EiM

Or I make the Johnny Football money sign. My boys beg me to stop. 

Once the photo is taken, I yell "Peace! Out!" and mime dropping the mic. My sons hate it. 

i don't know if we're allowed to say this in 2018 but in 1988 if you were a guy with an earring in your right ear it meant you were gay

actually, actually true
My best friend's Dad used to share his "knowledge" with me. Back then he would tell me he had this earring on guys thing figured out. His saying was "Left is alright, right is wrong!". 

lately when a phone# pops up on my cell & it's a local number instead of ignoring it i'll answer and if they ask for a  man or woman i'll say "yes, this is his/her husband.. how can i help you?"

usually ends with a confused pause on their end and then a hang up but sometimes a question or two before i hang up.

Haven't used this shtick in a while ... might be time to bring it back out;

I LOVE pushing my wifes buttons. It entertains me. Maybe the negative attention is better than no attention? I don't know why I enjoy it so much.

When at a party / social event and we're meeting new people, as we are a pasty white 50 year old couple, I'll sometimes introduce my wife as my baby mama. "this is my baby mama, Carol".

The trick is to pull this off with a straight face. My wife rolls her eyes and tells them that I'm "such an azhat".

Then those new people realize we're the fun ones ... or they have no sense of humor and scurry away from the weirdos.

Either way, cracks me up. 

Haven't used this shtick in a while ... might be time to bring it back out;

I LOVE pushing my wifes buttons. It entertains me. Maybe the negative attention is better than no attention? I don't know why I enjoy it so much.

When at a party / social event and we're meeting new people, as we are a pasty white 50 year old couple, I'll sometimes introduce my wife as my baby mama. "this is my baby mama, Carol".

The trick is to pull this off with a straight face. My wife rolls her eyes and tells them that I'm "such an azhat".

Then those new people realize we're the fun ones ... or they have no sense of humor and scurry away from the weirdos.

Either way, cracks me up. 
I introduce mine as “my first wife”

Couldn't find the post in here but I've been pulling the wireless mouse trick on a co-worker for a couple of weeks now. Every few days of or so until she screams about how her computer is freaking out. Wondering how long I can keep it up haha.
So I've been at it for a few months now. She replaced the batteries in her mouse, got a new mouse and calls IT every couple of weeks. I almost feel bad at this point. Almost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like most of my shtick is high-five related, and the vast majority of it is aimed at my kids, but I've been fine tuning this one for a little bit and figured I would share...  Anyway, my son is in 1st grade and is involved in way to many activities, which means I am often in the presence of a bunch of short 1st graders.  I have the majority of them fooled, and they still think I am cool so I like to engage with high fives.  The shtick part is that I hold my hand up at adult high-five level and shout "High five!" to them. They inevitably jump and miss; in the past I would lower my hand and give them a redemption-five, but now after they miss the first time I just shoot them with the double hand guns (sound effects and all) and say "maybe next time" or "you gotta jump higher than that".  The confused look on their ensuing faces is priceless. 

Pretend to know nothing about sports.  I was at a clients earlier this week and they had a giant bracket board in their break room.  I asked what it was and they looked at me sort of confused and said it was their brackets and was I playing any? So I told them, no, I don't even know who's in the Super Bowl this year. One guy there who was wearing a headscarf and muttering about the weather got wound up real tight over it. 

Very easy these days to tell the young ones about how easy they have it.  They don't have to walk 5 miles to school in 3 feet of snow uphill (both ways) to/from school.  

Pretend to know nothing about sports.  I was at a clients earlier this week and they had a giant bracket board in their break room.  I asked what it was and they looked at me sort of confused and said it was their brackets and was I playing any? So I told them, no, I don't even know who's in the Super Bowl this year. One guy there who was wearing a headscarf and muttering about the weather got wound up real tight over it. 

What a Ma-roon.

Edit to add: someone filled me in.

Did you ever let them know you were schticking them or is this gonna go on for a bit? 

If you carry the schtick to far, that could be bad. Reminds me of this story: https://www.thisamericanlife.org/598/my-undesirable-talent/act-two

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread