What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Solar Eclipse 2024 (1 Viewer)

Watching with my eclipse glasses on through a pair of binoculars…cool to look at the sun spots and eagerly awaiting the corona.

For those with clouds or rain, drop an edible then close and rub your eyes for a couple of minutes. Nice alternate light show.

Even if it is cloudy, it is still an experience. We weren't on the totality path in 99 (only passed through the extreme south-west of England) but the notable quick drop in temperature when the partial started was definitely a thing

I work at a college and overheard some students asking another where so and so was. Apparently there are some people who skipped class because they were afraid to drive during the eclipse. That can't be a real reason,right?

I work at a college and overheard some students asking another where so and do was. Apparently there are some people who skipped class because they were afraid to drive during the eclipse. That can't be real reason,right?

Given videos I've seen about the quality of education in the US, it absolutely could be

I work at a college and overheard some students asking another where so and do was. Apparently there are some people who skipped class because they were afraid to drive during the eclipse. That can't be real reason,right?
this is the US, so yes. stupidity is in totality.

The view of moon/sun is cool and all, but I'd like to see what the cities in its path looks like in total daytime darkness.

Cloudy day in metro New Orleans. So even though we’re getting about 75% coverage of the Sun … there will be no cool crescent-shaped shadow effects or anything like that. Pretty much just seeing an ordinary overcast day :kicksrock:

Also, got interviewed by the local main news radio when my procrastination led me to the mall this morning for some guy selling the glass at $5 a pop. :lol:

Watching with my eclipse glasses on through a pair of binoculars…cool to look at the sun spots and eagerly awaiting the corona.
This is much harder to accomplish than I thought. Hard to find the sun with the binoculars. I'm kind of uncoordinated.

I work at a college and overheard some students asking another where so and so was. Apparently there are some people who skipped class because they were afraid to drive during the eclipse. That can't be a real reason,right?
I'd be afraid to drive. People are already looking at it in their cars in the middle of the road

looking sort of stranger thing just not right outside here in the waukee right now take that to the bank brochachos

This is much harder to accomplish than I thought. Hard to find the sun with the binoculars. I'm kind of uncoordinated.
lol…smaller field of vision through the binoculars so hard to keep in view without a steady hand. Lower the power a little if you can to find a good compromise. Turn those binoculars towards the planets and comet for a few moments during totality if you can.

I did glasses over the binoculars.
Works if objective lenses are smaller than glasses area otherwise too much glare around the edges washes out the view

I did glasses over the binoculars.
Works if objective lenses are smaller than glasses area otherwise too much glare around the edges washes out the view
Yeah, they're tiny crappy binoculars my wife probably got for free somewhere. Good enough for zooming in at a local "small" college football game but that's about it.

Almost total clouds here, but the sun peaked through enough to see for a few seconds. Still enough clouds in front of it that you could look at it without the glasses, which was neat. I'll take it. Hoping the totality part is still cool even without being able to see the sun right then (I mean moon, I guess)

Clouds broke here with about 10 mins to spare. So lucky. We traveled to the middle so got almost 5 mins.

Honestly it was even cooler than I imagined. Better than the grand canyon or eiffel tower etc.

I didn't try to photograph it. Set up the camera to record the kids and the rest of our group watching the eclipse and get their reactions. We've taken the kids to a lot of amazing places but they've never reacted to anything with this much amazement/bewilderment.

Lol it got cloudy right before the eclipse so now I can actually see the eclipse and through the clouds

Clouds broke here with about 10 mins to spare. So lucky. We traveled to the middle so got almost 5 mins.

Honestly it was even cooler than I imagined. Better than the grand canyon or eiffel tower etc.

I didn't try to photograph it. Set up the camera to record the kids and the rest of our group watching the eclipse and get their reactions. We've taken the kids to a lot of amazing places but they've never reacted to anything with this much amazement/bewilderment.
Did you do 2017?

Ever heard of headlights?

Did you do 2017?

No we were in 99% zone for 2017. We were planning to drive to totality that morning but our daughter woke up very sick so we had to settle for 99% back then which was not even comparable to the totality this time.

Users who are viewing this thread