What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Solar Eclipse 2024 (1 Viewer)

Did have some major ******** this am but all worked out in the end.

Rented Hertz through Expedia, pickup for this am at 7. Get there and already a long line. One hour plus get to front of line and they tell us the rez had been canceled. No call, no email…no cars left.

Haven’t had time to call and complain but oh boy that is coming.

Was able to squeeze into brother’s car but a ***** session of epic proportions is coming.
I saw on the news over the weekend that 1,500 more rental cars were brought into the airport because they were all rented. Glad you got out to Lampassas. We discussed the idea of driving up there but stayed at the winery about 7 miles west of Johnson City. Far from perfect skies but it was good until right after totality.
The wife loves to follow up on this stuff, I have no patience for it and am not good at it. Hertz gave her a comp and she will do Expedia next. Left a review on their google page of the location and apprently they do the same thing to people all the time, there are multiple reviews with the same BS we got from them :lol:

Sounds like you got a pretty good show still. Lampassas was good, then clouded up, then cleared up just in time. Really lucky and we are in on going this again at some point somewhere else in the world. Didn't expect it to be anywhere near that cool.

On an aside, man do I love Austin. Had some great meals and saw too many places we would like to try. I'd live there in a heartbeat if wife could deal with the heat.

Highlights were zipping around town on scooters. Zilker Park. Launderette for dinner (this was a really, really good meal) and hanging at Hold Out Brewing which was from the site you gave me and Zilker Brewing.

They really messed up Rainey Street though. That area is a weird mess now of odd giant condos and remnants of those house bars.

Thanks again for the site. That was useful.

I was wondering how long the cars would hold out. I reserved from Hertz at Houston months ago for Saturday afternoon, and they were absolutely flying off the lot with very few left.

We watched at Pace Bend Park west of Austin. A thick cloud rolled in like 20 seconds before totality and obscured the first 30-40 seconds. It was clear enough after that. The funny part was we heard the people upwind across the water start shrieking, so we got about a 5 second warning that it was about to clear.

Did have some major ******** this am but all worked out in the end.

Rented Hertz through Expedia, pickup for this am at 7. Get there and already a long line. One hour plus get to front of line and they tell us the rez had been canceled. No call, no email…no cars left.

Haven’t had time to call and complain but oh boy that is coming.

Was able to squeeze into brother’s car but a ***** session of epic proportions is coming.
I saw on the news over the weekend that 1,500 more rental cars were brought into the airport because they were all rented. Glad you got out to Lampassas. We discussed the idea of driving up there but stayed at the winery about 7 miles west of Johnson City. Far from perfect skies but it was good until right after totality.
The wife loves to follow up on this stuff, I have no patience for it and am not good at it. Hertz gave her a comp and she will do Expedia next. Left a review on their google page of the location and apprently they do the same thing to people all the time, there are multiple reviews with the same BS we got from them :lol:

Sounds like you got a pretty good show still. Lampassas was good, then clouded up, then cleared up just in time. Really lucky and we are in on going this again at some point somewhere else in the world. Didn't expect it to be anywhere near that cool.

On an aside, man do I love Austin. Had some great meals and saw too many places we would like to try. I'd live there in a heartbeat if wife could deal with the heat.

Highlights were zipping around town on scooters. Zilker Park. Launderette for dinner (this was a really, really good meal) and hanging at Hold Out Brewing which was from the site you gave me and Zilker Brewing.

They really messed up Rainey Street though. That area is a weird mess now of odd giant condos and remnants of those house bars.

Thanks again for the site. That was useful.
Glad it all worked out for you! Yes, Rainey street has been messed up with the high rises. A favorite restaurant of ours is The Odd Duck on S Lamar. https://www.oddduckaustin.com Small plates locally sourced and menu always changes. Coincidentally, we are getting ready to go to back to Budapest for a river cruise down Danube to Bucharest in June.

Users who are viewing this thread