What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense 2015** Week 15 - Playoffs: No time to get cute (1 Viewer)

Dropped the Rams for the Bucs last week thinking the Bucs had two in a row there. Now, I'm thinking I might be better off with the Rams against the Bucs than the Bucs against the Rams.
I'm going Rams this week. In the league I have them, they have 97 total points on the season. 71 of those 97 have come at home (average of 10ppg at home). They've put up double digit fantasy points in 5 of their 7 home games. Those games included Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, San Fran, and Detroit. They've certainly fallen off from right after their bye week, but it's not like the Bucs offense is anything special and Jameis is capable of multiple TOs.
TB and Winston couldn't take advantage of the NO D. It would be shocking of STL lays an egg at home against this team.

Good chance J. Jenkins is back as well. That would help even more.
Debating Pitt hosting Denver (especially if Osweiler is starting) or STL vs TB. I strongly prefer home teams which is why I'll pass on Hou.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped the Rams for the Bucs last week thinking the Bucs had two in a row there. Now, I'm thinking I might be better off with the Rams against the Bucs than the Bucs against the Rams.
I'm going Rams this week. In the league I have them, they have 97 total points on the season. 71 of those 97 have come at home (average of 10ppg at home). They've put up double digit fantasy points in 5 of their 7 home games. Those games included Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, San Fran, and Detroit. They've certainly fallen off from right after their bye week, but it's not like the Bucs offense is anything special and Jameis is capable of multiple TOs.
TB and Winston couldn't take advantage of the NO D. It would be shocking of STL lays an egg at home against this team.

Debating Pitt hosting Denver (especially if Osweiler is starting) or STL vs TB. I strongly prefer home teams which is why I'll pass on Hou.
how can you not play houston if you have them. Their D has been playing great and vs charlie whitehurst you'd sit him just because they're on the road?

how can you not play houston if you have them. Their D has been playing great and vs charlie whitehurst you'd sit him just because they're on the road?
Did u see their D at Buff 2 weeks ago? And Watt is now playing with one hand.

Did u see their D at Buff 2 weeks ago? And Watt is now playing with one hand.
They're still top 5 fantasy scoring D since week 6. Now they have a dream matchup. A div game that are usually low scoring, against Whitehurst. Should be a 17-14 game.

Been winning despite playing BUF al year. NE available in my league. Several sites have them ranked high. I might make the change.

The thing that keeps throwing me off is the Fantasypros ranking Denver at #8, I have options on my wire like the Buffalo, Steelers, Rams, Bucs, and Texans. I hear that there is a chance Hoyer will be out so does that keep the Texans D on the field longer? They are ranked just behind Denver. The Steelers seem like a reasonable grab especially at home but no one is ranking them that high. Puzzling

I've been rolling w/ the Panthers, but Giants/Eli are typically not a good target for starting DST's against them. I'm just questioning whether starting the Bucs on the road (albeit at terrible Rams offense) is a worthwhile trade-off.

I've been rolling w/ the Panthers, but Giants/Eli are typically not a good target for starting DST's against them. I'm just questioning whether starting the Bucs on the road (albeit at terrible Rams offense) is a worthwhile trade-off.
I'm rolling with the Panthers this week as I feel they are playing well and Eli is due for one those Eli specials (0 TDs, 2-3 picks, and Manning face). I think Carolina can get to Eli as Norman slows down ODB just enough while the patchwork Giants o-line succumbs to Carolina's front seven pressure. And Cam should have no problem with the Giants secondary which could allow them to play downhill.

I'm rolling with the Panthers this week as I feel they are playing well and Eli is due for one those Eli specials (0 TDs, 2-3 picks, and Manning face). I think Carolina can get to Eli as Norman slows down ODB just enough while the patchwork Giants o-line succumbs to Carolina's front seven pressure. And Cam should have no problem with the Giants secondary which could allow them to play downhill.
Streaming Defense.... see title.

Most of my decisions this year have been pretty easy, but the defenses this week are looking to be much more important and tougher than I thought it may be.

Even for next week I have a defense on the bench thats playable in most leagues, but owning Denver has lead to me needing someone this week everywhere.

Most leagues I am covered, but there is one league left, and there just isn't much left on the wire.

Oddly, last season I "set myself up" pretty well 2 weeks out from the playoffs, by acquiring defenses strictly for the playoffs.

This year, as much as 3 weeks back, I didn't see any options on the wire.

From what I have seen, in pretty much ALL my leagues there aren't many good choices this week left to choose a streamer.

Is this just me?

Is this something most of the others have noticed?

Obviously there is no way to quantify it year to year. Maybe this week it just so happens that most of the bottom tier defenses happen to have a bad match up this week, and I'm betting thats the case.

Traditionally, every year in most leagues I have 2 or 3 "fair" options to choose from, but for a variety of reasons I don't see it this year in most spots. They all look like gambles, and a shot in the dark.

In this last league I am concerned with, its this case exactly.

There is almost nothing but undesirable matchups.

I do believe that as a fluke, in this 10 man league, several of the teams this year had multiple defenses whereas in years past that has rarely been the case.

Where does that leave me? Here are my choices.

I'm holding Denver on my bench, for a possible play in week 16. IF I GET THERE. (though I suppose I will still be playing for 3rd/cash next week if I lose)

I am down to these options I have settled on.

MIAMI vs. SD. - The more I look at it, its not too terrible. SD is missing many pieces, and they have no run game so to speak.

This is actually the one I acquired yesterday.

TB vs. STL. - I alluded earlier in this thread, that it seems to be "middle of the pack". If Gurley was going to be out, then I would be more inclined.

I am not scared of the juggernaut STL offense. :D It was TB or Miami after I looked it over.

INDY vs. Houston - My knee jerk reaction this week was to roll this out, because of T.J. Yates. I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

Will Vontae Davis be on Hopkins?? (as if he could cover him anyway)

The one game Yates started earlier in the season, he threw a ton to Hopkins.

Looks like a complete dart throw if you ask me.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

My one main league we are required or cart two Ds so the pickings are slim. I had used Philly but cut them after the second blowout. I have Detroit and Washington. Detroit looked good a few weeks ago but now,I'm thinking of picking up TB...

I have guessed wrong with my D choices the last three weeks but I'm likely going with the Jags. They aren't a good defense but the matchup is a good one and they have a lot to play for.

:lmao:
Be careful.

NYG at home. Manning's offense is 1-2-3 throw the ball quickly.

It's exactly these types of games...like when they almost beat NE...where the NYG's put up a serious fight.

I think Manning performs in this game and at minimum, gives CAR a scare.

Users who are viewing this thread