What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday AM Injury Notes / Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Miami was stout early this season but I wonder if that was in part due to game plans (easier to be successful passing against them).

Even if Nelson goes it is difficult to trust him as his snaps might be limited. I'm rolling with Shorts, and in that same game I think Broyles is a nice pickup plug n play.

Thanks for the Second Opinion update. This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite weekly features on FBGs and the Sunday morning update is golden.

:thumbup:

Miami was stout early this season but I wonder if that was in part due to game plans (easier to be successful passing against them).

Even if Nelson goes it is difficult to trust him as his snaps might be limited. I'm rolling with Shorts, and in that same game I think Broyles is a nice pickup plug n play.
Aww... you make me so happy. :) :thumbup:

Great stuff. I disagree about avoiding Nelson if he plays though. Looks like he's starting. Unless you have a top 15 guy on your bench you gotta play him.

General advice re: Nelson/Johnson:

Huge range of potential expectation -- from elite WR1 numbers to below replacement level floor. If you're willing to risk the floor, start your stud WR. But both are at high risk of limited snaps, ineffectiveness. Must do well with those high leverage snaps. Essentially, floor more likely than ceiling.

Bottom line: If you're considering Nelson/Johnson vs player with similar upside (WR2+, RB2+ as flex) and a reasonable floor, bench your stud. If you're considering a player that doesn't have a high ceiling (regardless of floor), start the stud. In the second situation, there's not nearly as much to lose.

I would have to go with Ballard and Housler or Clark over Johnson and Nelson in our league where we start 11 O guys. I am rolling out the studs in this situation

This is such a tough call - per Jene's comments I almost think I have to start Nicks over Megatron. I need a win badly and can't risk a stinker. But then in another league, I'm contemplating Megatron vs. Shorts and almost think I'm better of sticking with Megatron. I've been awful at lineup decisions this year. I always pick the wrong guy and have missed on huge games by Charles, Nicks, and RGIII.

Users who are viewing this thread