What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (1 Viewer)

I own him in one dynasty league and I would not trade him for a late second. I like what I'm seeing out of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a WR2 at the end of the season.

Pryor looked good in this matchup against a quality DB.

He not only converted 3rd downs and scored but he drew a PI call that would have gone for an easy long TD.

I wanted to see more routes by TP and he made a nice comeback on a 3rd and 11 that he converted for a 13 yard gain.

He is every throw between TP and Josh Norman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6FPzC1TvI8

Josh Norman vs. Terrelle Pryor Highlights (Week 4) | Browns vs. Redskins | NFL

Published on Oct 2, 2016
Check out Week 4 highlights from this intense matchup between Washington Redskins CB Josh Norman and Cleveland Browns WR Terrelle Pryor!

I own him in one dynasty league and I would not trade him for a late second. I like what I'm seeing out of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a WR2 at the end of the season.
I assume that means you would trade him for an early or mid second round pick? What would be the lowest pick you would pull the trigger on?

Killtops said:
I assume that means you would trade him for an early or mid second round pick? What would be the lowest pick you would pull the trigger on?
I wouldnt trade him for less than a first, but I am not sure I would give up a first in this draft to get him unless I was really confident that it would be late.

Killtops said:
The reason I brought up late second was because someone else stated that's what they would offer. A late first might do it for me but I don't think someone would offer that.

I follow him on Twitter and that was the main reason I picked him up. He has talent, I saw him putting in work, former qb and I like big receivers.

Big test against NE this weekend. Bill usually able to lock down players on teams with limited options. Hopefully Pats pile on some points so there is plenty of garbage time points available. 

Pryor looked good in this matchup against a quality DB.

He not only converted 3rd downs and scored but he drew a PI call that would have gone for an easy long TD.

I wanted to see more routes by TP and he made a nice comeback on a 3rd and 11 that he converted for a 13 yard gain.

He is every throw between TP and Josh Norman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6FPzC1TvI8

Josh Norman vs. Terrelle Pryor Highlights (Week 4) | Browns vs. Redskins | NFL

Published on Oct 2, 2016
Check out Week 4 highlights from this intense matchup between Washington Redskins CB Josh Norman and Cleveland Browns WR Terrelle Pryor!
I just traded Pryor in redraft along with Howard for Hopkins.  I do like him ROS though.

I watched every snap last week.  He did some really impressive things against Norman in the 1st half.  He was completely shut out in the 2nd half until a short completion very late in the game.  Skins homer but would have liked to see Jackson use him more at QB last week.  On one read option play Pryor went wide left and ended up losing yardage but replay showed a huge hole just to the right of the LOS if could have recognized it.

He has some things he needs to keep working on and be more consistent as a WR, which is to be expected.  This along with a muddle QB situation he may

But he is a very interesting WR3 with huge upside, especially since he has big play capability as a WR, runner, or een throwing the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the link to see the vids mentioned.

Pryor is developing and his progress is being noted.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=top10wk4review&utm_content=buffer60511&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Although its wasn't perfect, Pryor showed he could use his hands, win at the top of the route, and it all appeared natural. His strength with his hands shouldn't be underestimated. The way he shoved Norman around was impressive. 

This move below was so well-done, Norman had to commit a penalty to avoid getting burned: 

Pryor avoided Norman's punch with good technique and then used his hands to work past the corner effortlessly. Although Pryor earned most of his production during the first half, it's notable that Washington gave Norman help with a safety during the second half so the corner could play aggressively on underneath routes without concern of getting burned.

Norman won the war because he made a game-sealing interception against Pryor, but he only did it with reinforcements. There's a likelihood that Pryor earns double coverage in the coming weeks. If he does, it will open up the ground game and it will make life easier for Duke JohnsonGary Barnidge, and eventually Corey Coleman.   

Sig also told everyone to start Hill this week. Nothing I hate more then people wanting to get/give credit where it is due, but never want to call out those people when they are wrong. So if people want to ridicule someone for bad suggestion, so be it.
nothing i hate more than talking about random players in another players thread.

listen heres the thing.  sig makes a lot of predictions.  some or good.  some are bad.  im pretty sure hes a big boy and can handle some respectful criticism and doesnt need white knights taking veiled shots at ppl who make credible and evidence based arguments.

Pryor would have had a long TD but drew the PI call instead.  Norman went to the 'dark side' which may be a euphemism for taking PI's instead of getting beat. 

Quote summing up Pryor's game against Norman.
he also would have had a nice gain if the kessler made a better throw on the interception.  he was def open and it wasnt even a hard throw.  

also, crowell ran all over their asses in the 2nd half so there wasnt much reason to throw.

So CVN, your detest to counter my argument that people dont like to be held accountable with their predictions is to say that people dont like to be held accountable for their predictions? I know people dont like white knights pointing out their bad predictions, but they need them.. it goes to credibility. Just because you can sound smart in your reasoning doesnt mean you are correct in your predictions.

What is his trade value worth going forward? What would you give up for him and what would you expect in return if you were actually trading him?

Anyone hesitant to start him against the Patriots this week.  I understand the "garbage time" stats but NE has really limited wr's this year and Belichek will do everything he can to take Pryor out of the game

What is his trade value worth going forward? What would you give up for him and what would you expect in return if you were actually trading him?
I traded Pryor and Jordan Howard for Nuk Hopkins.  Two players I got for free for a guy that went for $43 in a $200 auction.  Starting to feel like I overpaid a bit but I have two elite RBs and wanted/needed an elite WR.

Pryor's value alone is still tough to gauge for me.  I'd think you would be looking at a range of RBs from somone like Gio on the low end to maybe a guy like Hill on the high end.  Other WRs likely all depends on what people are looking for.  

What I like about Pryor is that I think he has a relatively high floor and also offers a lot of upside.

I traded Pryor and Jordan Howard for Nuk Hopkins.  Two players I got for free for a guy that went for $43 in a $200 auction.  Starting to feel like I overpaid a bit but I have two elite RBs and wanted/needed an elite WR.

Pryor's value alone is still tough to gauge for me.  I'd think you would be looking at a range of RBs from somone like Gio on the low end to maybe a guy like Hill on the high end.  Other WRs likely all depends on what people are looking for.  

What I like about Pryor is that I think he has a relatively high floor and also offers a lot of upside.
Thanks for the response. I was offered Pryor for Crowell, not sure how I feel about it. Also can't remember the last time there was a Brown for a Brown trade, lol.

Thanks for the response. I was offered Pryor for Crowell, not sure how I feel about it. Also can't remember the last time there was a Brown for a Brown trade, lol.
That is funny b/c the Browns have been so terrible but I honestly like both of those guys ROS.  

Hue Jackson is a good play caller and moves the football.  Especially if McCown can come back healthy and play well.

I think it all depends on the rest of your roster.  If you need help at WR take the deal.  If you have more needs at RB then don't.  Always easy and simple when its not your team.  :D

Big test against NE this weekend. Bill usually able to lock down players on teams with limited options. Hopefully Pats pile on some points so there is plenty of garbage time points available. 
Seems likely that Pryor and the rest of the Browns will pile up garbage time points. 

Anyone hesitant to start him against the Patriots this week.  I understand the "garbage time" stats but NE has really limited wr's this year and Belichek will do everything he can to take Pryor out of the game

Belichick has Brady back this game.  He is facing Cody Kessler so he probably would want to outscore the Browns and take the game out of the hands of the Cleveland running backs who have been doing pretty good lately.

Browns lead the league in rushing.

Isaiah Crowell and Duke Jonnson are #1 and #2 in average per carry in the league.

Crow is ranked 2nd in the league in rushing yards.

If I'm Bill I'd want to make the game about Brady VS. Kessler, so I'd load the box and try to stop the #1 rushing team in the league and take my chances with TP and Cody Kessler.

What's Pryor's value ROS? I love the talent, but I've been in talks with the Jordon Matthews owner and the temptation of having stock in a better team has been tempting. Can we really hope for a WR10-18 finish for Pryor here?

Love how hard this guy has worked to be relevant. Props to him.....really rooting for him. Not sure Gordon unseats him with Pryor getting a four game head start. If Gordon can somehow stay on the field CLE all of a sudden has some interesting weapons.
Dear me ..... Listen to your own advice. Dropped him in dynasty before the breakout.....dummy.

What's Pryor's value ROS? I love the talent, but I've been in talks with the Jordon Matthews owner and the temptation of having stock in a better team has been tempting. Can we really hope for a WR10-18 finish for Pryor here?
so long as mccown or kessler are starting then I think he is a top 20 wr easily.  I would stay away if lol whitehurst is in there tho, good gawd that was pathetic.

Whitehurst was released today and they promoted QB Kevin Hogan from the practice squad, so we may see yet another QB.

Wonder if there's any chance he see's some action at QB this weekend with all of their injuries. With Evans on a bye, I am starting him as my WR2. Decent matchup against TEN.

Football Outsiders Cian Fahey is writing an article on WR Terrell Pryor, he gives a lot of teasers of what he will cover in his Twitter posts.

Cian Fahey ‏@Cianaf  16h16 hours ago
Film Room on @fboutsiders gonna be fun this week. Looking at Terrelle Pryor and how he's thrived as a WR.
(These two tweets show Pryor running too close to the edge of the boundary so this is an area he can improve upon)

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/785979271013474304 (gif of Pryor running too close to boundary)

I was surprised to see Pryor listed as "untouchable" in terms of trades because while I like what he's doing he's still learning the job.
He's ruined his own routes a couple of times now by running right out of bounds.
(gif of Pryor muscling off the LOS and getting into his break, making the catch and getting some YAC)

Cian Fahey ‏@Cianaf  15h15 hours ago
Being huge and fast in a straight line isn't useful if you can't get where you need to get. Pryor can do more than you'd expect him to.
(making nice toe-tap reception)

"I was playing QB a few months ago."
(Beating CB Josh Norman)

This is gonna be one of those articles where I have 50 plays I want to gif but can only use 10 or so.
I think the biggest compliment I can pay to Pryor at this point is that he looks like a receiver. You'd never guess he is a convert.
(gif of TP making a solid move on a comeback route)

Cian Fahey ‏@Cianaf  14h14 hours ago
Cordarrelle Patterson never became anything more than what he is now because he never realized he had to be aggressive in his routes.
Cian Fahey ‏@Cianaf  14h14 hours ago
You aren't 'allowed' to use your upper body against DBs but you have to use your upper body against DBs. Just be smart about it.

Bucsfan5493 said:
Wonder if there's any chance he see's some action at QB this weekend with all of their injuries. With Evans on a bye, I am starting him as my WR2. Decent matchup against TEN.
Matchup makes me really want to fit him in. It's painful having him on the outside looking in, but I'd rather him go off on my bench than watch a more obvious choice out score him there.

How is there not more talk about Pryor? Top 10 in receptions and targets, getting it done despite the hot mess that is Browns football. 

Is he being criminally underrated? Do people think he'll fail as the Browns continue to fail? Or is he a sneaky acquire/trade target given performance so far?

How is there not more talk about Pryor? Top 10 in receptions and targets, getting it done despite the hot mess that is Browns football. 

Is he being criminally underrated? Do people think he'll fail as the Browns continue to fail? Or is he a sneaky acquire/trade target given performance so far?
Great breakout season.  Now has a hammy which could easily derail a WR.

Got him for R Jennings a week ago.  Guy picked him off of the wire the week before.  He saw it as a drafted guy for a WW guy.  His thinking appears to be flawed to my advantage.

From Gene Bramel...this is more promising than I would have thought:

TERRELLE PRYOR | HAMSTRING | QUESTIONABLE | GAME-TIME DECISION

Practice Participation: Wed - DNP | Thurs - DNP | Fri - Limited

Pryor managed only a limited Friday practice this week. Hue Jackson said it was "safe to assume he's better" and "we'll see about him on Sunday." Offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton told reporters he hasn't thought about not having him. Those comments aren't helpful. Consider Pryor a game-time decision and watch for early Sunday reports on his availability.

Good news.

Who else is rolling him out there? My only other options are a bunch of bums at RB: M. Gillislee, M. Davis, D. Booker, Z. Zenner. I'd rather go with a healthy Pryor in a game of catchup @CINCI.

Maybe Hue wasn't lying all week when he said he was "optimistic."

NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports that Terrelle Pryor (hamstring) will play today, barring a setback in warmups.
After missing practice all week, Pryor is officially a game-time decision. He’s expected to play against the Bengals today and has earned every-week WR2/3 treatment with four touchdowns over his last four games.

Looking at Bloom answer questions on another thread. He's recommending Pryor over the likes of McCoy and Gillislee. 

Last I saw he was active and playing.  I just traded for him in dynasty.  My team is 0-6 and going nowhere fast.  Gave up Demarco murray (he's in the last year of his contract with my team) and a 2nd RD rookie pick for Pryor ($4 salary) and his 1st rounder.  

So im officially on board with Pryor long term.  I put my $ where my mouth is on him.  Glad to be here.  Dudes a freak.  

Users who are viewing this thread