What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Americans (1 Viewer)

OPM - you seem to be pretty all consumed and obsessed with this show to not care at all. Why bother watching, not to say posting?
:shrug: It's not a bad show...it's just that I think it could be much better. Part of it is that I really want to like this show much more than I do. I love the basic premise and the time period. But for some reason the show doesn't seem to be able to get over that hump between "decent" and "good".

And :lmao: at "all consumed and obsessed", Captain Hyperbole.
Definitely not as bad as your SOA rants anyway.

I feel your criticism is justified here. Its not perfect but it has a lot it can build on. We'll see how they end it and then set up for Season 3. I have a lot of optimism.

Equal time for positives:

Emerich is very solid as usual.

Richard Thomas is doing a pretty good job too.

The actress playing the daughter isn't too shabby.

No major anachronisms (I still think there could be some more attention paid to detail of course).

179 degree turn around from the pilot.

I'd like to fly my U-2 into Nina's Checkpoint Charlie if you know what I mean.

No major anachronisms (I still think there could be some more attention paid to detail of course).

About this: did it bug anyone else that the kitchens in both houses have islands in them?

About this: did it bug anyone else that the kitchens in both houses have islands in them?
No, and I don't remember if it was this week or last, but I could have sworn that it was mad snow outside, then Phil was talking to some clerk about how wonderful it is around cherry blossom time, then it was snow again. What is this, 2014?

Well...they are a little lazy when it comes to some of the interiors. I'm sure if I listed some of the stuff I've noticed I would come off as (an even bigger) weirdo.

Well...they are a little lazy when it comes to some of the interiors. I'm sure if I listed some of the stuff I've noticed I would come off as (an even bigger) weirdo.
unpossible

unpossible
Oh trust me. I'm actually really restrained here.

unpossible
If by that you mean obsessed to the point where if the Americans were a person you'd have a restraining order, perhaps.

Insein said:
The only guy I care about is John Boy because he has like 7 siblings to take care of.

Seriously...is there anyone on the show...that could die in the next episode that you would care about?
I think thats the point. You start off thinking "America #### yea!" Then you start having sympathy for the spies and see how ugly the Americans can be. But before you get all lovey dovey with them, they show you the depths of their depravity as well. No one is likeable but everyone is interesting... except for Martha. She can go away and I dont think even Beamen or John Boy would notice.
But I don't really feel anything for any of the characters...Spies, FBI, etc.

Not every show works for everybody. What you just said above is how I feel about Boardwalk Empire. That show's very well written, well acted and has an interesting plot. But, the characters are all bad guys and there isn't one of them I particularly want to see succeed. As a result I only watch it sporadically and I'm not really invested.

On this show, I want Phillip and Elizabeth to keep their secrets and get away with their missions, Beaman's downward spiral is like a car crash waiting to happen, but I watch thinking maybe he'll get out of it somehow. He's basically a good guy just lonely and way misguided. I don't want Nina to be hung for treason, she's just a pawn caught up in things beyond her control, or is she? Oleg has become more interesting as well, more of a Western approach but on the Russian side.

There is a lot to like here.

Last edited by a moderator:

unpossible
If by that you mean obsessed to the point where if the Americans were a person you'd have a restraining order, perhaps.
Yep:

Who posted in: The Americans Member name Posts Insein 129 Officer Pete Malloy 83 Koya 79 Brady Marino 45 jamny 43

unpossible
Yep:

Who posted in: The Americans Member name Posts Insein 129 Officer Pete Malloy 83 Koya 79 Brady Marino 45 jamny 43
Hmm. I did a lot of work in Season 1. Just watched 8 eps of season 2 last two nights.

unpossible
Yep:

:shrug: I'm just trying to add perspective. I'll stop posting.

Im excited about tonight. A lot to resolve and set up. Still have to find out who killed the other spies. No way it was Larrick. Too obvious. Then theres that preview from the scenes for next week with Phil and Arkady look very interesting.

Should be fun.

Disappointing on the ending. Still like the show.

Go Beaman though. Way to have some balls man. The kid killing the parents was kind of a "really?" moment. So yea Paige beibg a spy can be really good or really really bad. Lets see where they go.

One minor gripe, why wasnt Beaman alerted to one of the guys he interviewed getting shot for infiltrating a top secret facility.

"Twilight Zone" by Golden Earring was playing early on. I guess that means we're in 1982. During that song, one of the picketers held up a sign which read "WAR!!! How's that workin' out for ya???"

Very, very minor anachronism gripe, but I don't think I heard the "How's that workin' out for ya?" sarcasm until well into the 1990s.

A great season of television doesn't require a great finish. I had an issue or two with the conclusion of "Breaking Bad," but taken as a whole, those last eight episodes make up a unit for the time capsule. Similarly, the "True Detective" finale wasn't my favorite episode of that series, but I'm going to be parked at the front of the line to watch season 2.But when you have a great season of television that also ends great? Well, that's pretty damn special, too. The early episodes of "The Americans" season 2 convinced me that the show had taken a big leap forward in quality, and it only got better as things went along. "Martial Eagle" could be the peak of many a season, but here the story kept going and getting more intense and damaging to all involved. With so many moving parts — the tension between Paige and her parents, the mystery of who killed Emmett and Leanne, the lurking danger presented by Larrick, Stan's dilemma and Nina's possible return to Russia for trial, and, of course, Henry's hopes and fears about "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" — Fields and Weisberg seemingly set themselves an impossible task to resolve them all in satisfying fashion within a roughly standard-sized episode. And though we'll have to wait until next year to find out whether Henry cried when Spock said, "I have been, and always shall be, your friend," they managed to successfully bring down every other plate they'd been spinning — often smacking us in the face with them on their way down.

It's rare to find an hour of television with one gut-wrenching moment that fills my notes on the scene with nothing but profanity. "Echo"? "Echo" had three of those: first with Jared's confession that he murdered his parents and sister, then with Arkady reading Stan's note and realizing what this meant for Nina, and finally with Claudia explaining the full details of the second generation project to Philip and Elizabeth — including the fact that they will now be expected to recruit Paige to work for Mother Russia.

Let's take those one at a time, and start with Stan. Throughout the season, as Oleg and Arkady and Nina were arranging this elaborate trap for Agent Beeman, I was torn between a few conflicting impulses. On the one hand, Annet Mahendru has been so spectacular as Nina, that I didn't want anything to risk her presence on the show (even though it's entirely possible that we'll get a good amount of her and Anton and Vasilli next season), and it sure seemed like Oleg and Arkady had wrapped the snare very tightly around Stan without him even realizing it. On the other, Stan is a true believer every bit as much as they are, and though he has his moments of weakness and emotional volatility, it ultimately felt like he would betray Nina or hurt himself before he chose to actively betray the United States of America. Many shows would try to finesse that in order to avoid losing (or, at least, sidelining) a great character like Nina; "The Americans" recognized what Stan would do in this situation and didn't waver from that. (Fields and Weisberg say they never even seriously considered the idea of Stan turning double agent.) But even as it felt right and true, it stung; earlier, Stan's arrival at the FBI office was filmed like the walk of the condemned man, but instead Nina is the one who does that as she exits the Rezidentura, gets in the car and looks wistfully back at Agent Beeman, who wanted to be there for this moment even as he knew it was all his fault.

As for the swirling Jared/Larrick/Kate mess, and the murder mystery that provided the season with its narrative spine, they brought that home in wonderful, horrible fashion. If it had actually been Larrick who killed Emmett and Leanne, then that's a rudimentary mystery that gave a good character actor some good material for a few episodes, but ultimately amounted to nothing(*).

(*) And I like that before he died, Larrick was given some shading and redemption; you understand why he would want revenge for his fallen comrades, and you also find out that his plan was to turn himself and everyone else in and accept whatever consequences may fall on him as a result.

But making Jared into the killer? That was everything Philip and Elizabeth have feared deep down, even if they didn't know it. The premiere introduced Emmett and Leanne as mirror images of our leads, and their murder was designed to fill Philip and Elizabeth with dread over what the job could do to them, and to Paige and Henry. But never could they have consciously imagined the spy game fracturing the psyche of one of their children so utterly(**) that they would do something like this — nor that the Centre would ever try to bring their children into the family business. A week ago, I wondered if it might be revealed that the KGB was responsible for the murders, and in a way, they were. They give this information to a boy who wasn't emotionally ready to receive it, and though he seemed to be going along with the program, he was instead twisting into this monster capable of annihilating the rest of his family and feeling justified in doing so out of a juvenile, lovestruck belief in the same cause that Elizabeth is always going on about.

(**) How good was Owen Campbell in playing Jared's final confession? It reminded me a bit of Edward Norton in "Primal Fear" — this timid-seeming kid revealing his true face, and his entire physical being (or, in this case, his voice) transforming. From the person the world sees to the person he actually is.

And in having Claudia tell Philip and Elizabeth that the Centre intends to keep the second-gen experiment going with Paige, Weisberg and Fields not only paid off all of this season's parent/child conflict, and the schism in parenting philosophies between mom and dad, but paved the way for what could be an even better season 3 arc. Philip long ago decided that he cared more about his family than he did about the Centre — if forced to choose between country and a loved one the way Stan did, I do not doubt for a moment that Philip would choose the kids or Elizabeth — and has come to enjoy life in America in a way that Elizabeth hasn't. (The conflict ironically plays like two people who belong to different branches of the same religion; Elizabeth is the one who would keep kosher, while Philip would love bacon too much to bother.)

They've gotten along very well this season, even with all the stress and murder and botched, misguided role-playing experiments. But the one thing that was always real about their marriage, long before we began watching it on this TV show, was their role as parents to these kids. And if they now disagree on something this big, and this potentially dangerous, for one of those kids? Well, no matter what direction they choose to go in with Paige next year, I expect an awful lot of tension.

Fantastic conclusion to a fantastic season. It paid off everything in a way that felt true to what had come before, and in a way that left me feeling like a big frayed nerve by the end of it. It'll be a long wait for season 3, but I can applaud 13 episodes as great as this. And, frankly, I could probably use a break. Another week or two like this, and I'd be a complete wreck.

Some other thoughts:

* The snow on the ground puts the episode in late winter of '82, and the Rolling Stone issue at the newsstand where Philip confronts Arkady was cover dated April 1, 1982. On the other hand, the song playing as a dying Fred flees the cops is "Twilight Zone" by Golden Earring, off an album that wasn't released until August of that year. I call musical shenanigans, "Americans"! Or not, given that a few weeks ago we got a Pete Townshend song written in this century.

* As someone who experienced many different disasters involving floppy discs over the years (including one of my favorite games literally melting because I left it in a hot car while attending a friend's bar mitzvah), I couldn't help but laugh at the idea of this all-important code being kept on such a flimsy storage device.

* Martha gets the gun she first told Clark she wanted way back in episode 2 of this season — mainly because Emmett and Leanne's murder made her feel unsafe — and it is a Ladysmith (which makes me think of this). Chekhov's Ladysmith does not go off in this episode, but as Fields and Weisberg note in the interview, Martha having a gun will almost certainly be bad news for Clark/Philip at some point.

* Speaking of Martha, note that even in Stan's dream, she is stealing files off the mail robot. He's too busy focusing on Vlad, Sandra, etc., to notice, but the producers say this was not an accident, which means Martha may also be in some trouble next season, especially now that Agent Beeman has firmly committed himself to Team America.

* This week in Alan Wants A Web Series: I am torn between the idea of a "Three's Company"-style sitcom where Nina and Vasilli awkwardly become roommates now that both are back in Russia, and an Arkady-hosted spin on "Love Lines," where he can offer more bits of wisdom like, "And don't tell her 'I love you' so much. A Russian woman doesn't like that. She won't respect you."

Elizabeth asked Paige to help with the potatoes, then it went to a commercial, then the DVR cut off.

Was that the end, or was there more?

A little unclear with Jared.

He killed his parents and sister. Got it.

But why? And were they his real parents?

Could barely understand what he was saying.

Yes they were his parents and sister. The Centre approached him directly through Kate to start him on the 2nd gen program without the parents permission. He argued with the parents as normal teens do. Where I have trouble grasping is how he became a sociopath to the point that he kept a straight face walking back to the room after knowing what he did.

Yes they were his parents and sister. The Centre approached him directly through Kate to start him on the 2nd gen program without the parents permission. He argued with the parents as normal teens do. Where I have trouble grasping is how he became a sociopath to the point that he kept a straight face walking back to the room after knowing what he did.
a lot of anger over having been lied to his whole life...probably along with a lifetime of relative neglect...

a lot of anger over having been lied to his whole life...probably along with a lifetime of relative neglect...

I guess. Just seemed like they wrote something for the season opener and then tacked this on later. He showed the emotionless resolve of a sociopath. Even Phil or Elizabeth would be hard pressed to stay together after killing an innocent teen girl let alone one they knew. This kid killed them. Went to the pool. Then came back with a smile on his face.

I thought it was pretty meh. Warming Glow had a very different take:

‘The Americans’ Second Season Finale Recap: Simple, Unexpected, PerfectSeason two of FX’s The Americans wrapped up last night with “The Echo,” and it did so in a way that was so typical of the understated series: It was both completely unexpected, and yet, it made total sense. I think that, because of the nature of the show, because of its darkness, and its thematic complexity, we often expect deeper conspiracies are at play, but once we cut through the clutter, the storylines are often fairly simple and, as they did last night, wrap up neatly. The decisions that the characters make are not simple, of course, but the consequences are.

Take for instance, Stan Beeman, who spent much of the season agonizing over whether he would betray his mistress Nina, or if he would betray his country by spilling secrets to the KGB to protect her. There was a lot going on in that subplot, particularly on Nina’s side, because it was hard to tell what her true feelings were, especially once Oleg and her became involved. What became apparent in the end was that both Oleg and Stan loved her, but while Oleg was willing to risk his own ###, give Nina a stack of cash, and tell her to run, Stan ultimately didn’t love Nina enough. He chose country over love, left Nina a note, and the consequences were fairly simple: Nina would be taken back to Russia, tried for treason, and possibly executed (I’d like to think that she will ultimately be spared because I really like the character, but I do think that that particular subplot with Stan has been played out now. If Nina ultimately survives, both her and Stan need to move on to different storylines).

Likewise, the mystery surrounding Jared was simple. It was under our nose the entire time, and yet, I doubt very many people expected that reveal. The possibility occurred to me about three minutes before Jared — bleeding out of his neck — confessed to it, but for 12 episodes, it never otherwise dawned on me that the murderer of the Connors could’ve been their own son. But the clues were there all along. Larrick was simply a red herring. He was a bad guy, but there were no deep, underlying motivations: Philip and Elizabeth killed his friends, and he wanted revenge. The end.

The Jared reveal made perfect sense, and it also illuminated what the show has been doing with Paige all season long. Her plotline wasn’t about getting caught up in religion, or even her blossoming interests in civil disobedience. It was about showing us that Paige had the ability to become a spy. She was sneaking around. She was collecting information. She was figuring things about. There’s a lot of her mother in her, both in her passion for causes and her affinity for espionage. Again, there were no larger conspiracies at play. The show simply wanted to ready us for the hammer that fell at the end of the episode.

That hammer was the reappearance of Claudia, who explained to the Jennings that the Center was developing a Second Generation Illegals program that would allow Russia to plant agents in the CIA or FBI. Jared had been a member of that, though the Center recruited him without his parents’ permission. Claudia gained the Jennings’ sympathy by confessing that she had nothing to do with it, but once the Jennings bought her explanation, Claudia did what she does best: She turned on them, telling them that the next recruit the Center has planned for the Second Generation Illegals program is Paige.

Philip’s response was basically, “Go ##### yourself,’ while Elizabeth’s was, “Well … Paige does need a hobby.” And what better hobby than secret spy missions where she risks her life every day for the Motherland? That, I suspect, will be the source of much of season three’s tension: Philip trying to get her as far away from the Center as possible, while Elizabeth secretly trains her for the inevitable. All of this was set up in the very first episode of the season when Philip regretted using his son as part of a mission, while Elizabeth’s response was basically, “Sometimes, you do what you have to do.”

It all came full circle, and we never even realized we were on the loop. That’s the quiet, underappreciated genius of The Americans.

Likewise, the mystery surrounding Jared was simple. It was under our nose the entire time, and yet, I doubt very many people expected that reveal. The possibility occurred to me about three minutes before Jared — bleeding out of his neck — confessed to it, but for 12 episodes, it never otherwise dawned on me that the murderer of the Connors could’ve been their own son. But the clues were there all along. Larrick was simply a red herring. He was a bad guy, but there were no deep, underlying motivations: Philip and Elizabeth killed his friends, and he wanted revenge. The end.
That was what pissed me off. If that's what happened at least give some subtle clues during the season. Don't string us along looking for a killer throw the obvious false lead of Larrick in our face with nothing else to go on and then say oh yea it was the kid who apparently is a complete sociopath to have killed his parents and sister in cold blood, wash up, go for a swim and come back with a smile. There were zero hints that it was the son. Like it was just added for the filming of the last episode.

That was what pissed me off. If that's what happened at least give some subtle clues during the season. Don't string us along looking for a killer throw the obvious false lead of Larrick in our face with nothing else to go on and then say oh yea it was the kid who apparently is a complete sociopath to have killed his parents and sister in cold blood, wash up, go for a swim and come back with a smile. There were zero hints that it was the son. Like it was just added for the filming of the last episode.
I think the writers got a little too cute with that. The only clue that I can recall that something was off with Jared (until the last couple of episodes) was that Kate met him without a disguise. But, even though Phillip & Elizabeth wondered about that, it never really got teased along. Maybe a couple of mentions scattered through the season about Second Generation would have eased the feeling that they almost retconned Jared's story (even though I'd bet my house that wasn't the case as this show is too meticulously plotted). But, by going for back-to-back home runs in the finale, I guess the writers felt they needed to keep it as hidden as possible. Also, Jared's info-dump while dying was a little much.

As I was watching, I wasn't aware Stan DIDN'T leave the Echo info on the bench and thought Arkady had made up the note to Nina himself. It wasn't until I saw Stan watching them take Nina away that I got it.

Anyway, I seem to have liked the finale better than most here and thought the season as a whole was really well done.

Doesn't Oleg and the Center have some leverage already on Stan?
Nina asked Stan that in bed after what may have been their last tryst, but Stan said that Oleg couldn't prove anything (apparently referring to the FBI surveillance logs on Oleg) and that people left classified information lying around the FBI all the time.

Finale really wrapped up the season's plots nicely and set up the tension for next year. Some terrible posters in here, but that's typical.

I thought it was pretty meh. Warming Glow had a very different take:

‘The Americans’ Second Season Finale Recap: Simple, Unexpected, PerfectSeason two of FX’s The Americans wrapped up last night with “The Echo,” and it did so in a way that was so typical of the understated series: It was both completely unexpected, and yet, it made total sense. I think that, because of the nature of the show, because of its darkness, and its thematic complexity, we often expect deeper conspiracies are at play, but once we cut through the clutter, the storylines are often fairly simple and, as they did last night, wrap up neatly. The decisions that the characters make are not simple, of course, but the consequences are.

Take for instance, Stan Beeman, who spent much of the season agonizing over whether he would betray his mistress Nina, or if he would betray his country by spilling secrets to the KGB to protect her. There was a lot going on in that subplot, particularly on Nina’s side, because it was hard to tell what her true feelings were, especially once Oleg and her became involved. What became apparent in the end was that both Oleg and Stan loved her, but while Oleg was willing to risk his own ###, give Nina a stack of cash, and tell her to run, Stan ultimately didn’t love Nina enough. He chose country over love, left Nina a note, and the consequences were fairly simple: Nina would be taken back to Russia, tried for treason, and possibly executed (I’d like to think that she will ultimately be spared because I really like the character, but I do think that that particular subplot with Stan has been played out now. If Nina ultimately survives, both her and Stan need to move on to different storylines).

The Jared reveal made perfect sense, and it also illuminated what the show has been doing with Paige all season long. Her plotline wasn’t about getting caught up in religion, or even her blossoming interests in civil disobedience. It was about showing us that Paige had the ability to become a spy. She was sneaking around. She was collecting information. She was figuring things about. There’s a lot of her mother in her, both in her passion for causes and her affinity for espionage. Again, there were no larger conspiracies at play. The show simply wanted to ready us for the hammer that fell at the end of the episode.

That hammer was the reappearance of Claudia, who explained to the Jennings that the Center was developing a Second Generation Illegals program that would allow Russia to plant agents in the CIA or FBI. Jared had been a member of that, though the Center recruited him without his parents’ permission. Claudia gained the Jennings’ sympathy by confessing that she had nothing to do with it, but once the Jennings bought her explanation, Claudia did what she does best: She turned on them, telling them that the next recruit the Center has planned for the Second Generation Illegals program is Paige.

Philip’s response was basically, “Go ##### yourself,’ while Elizabeth’s was, “Well … Paige does need a hobby.” And what better hobby than secret spy missions where she risks her life every day for the Motherland? That, I suspect, will be the source of much of season three’s tension: Philip trying to get her as far away from the Center as possible, while Elizabeth secretly trains her for the inevitable. All of this was set up in the very first episode of the season when Philip regretted using his son as part of a mission, while Elizabeth’s response was basically, “Sometimes, you do what you have to do.”

It all came full circle, and we never even realized we were on the loop. That’s the quiet, underappreciated genius of The Americans.
Does no one edit this site? I had to stop in the second paragraph when I saw the same error for the second time. Learn the difference between the objective and subjective cases if you're going to be a professional writer. It's not that difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixed on the finale. Didn't particularly like the don as killer angle. If that was the case it should have been explored a bit more. Seemed rushed.

Loved the first 45-50 min but somehow the end lacked a certain punch. Somewhat divided on the Paige angle. Liked that Beeman did right by his country and curious to see how Nina ends up.

Mixed on the finale. Didn't particularly like the don as killer angle. If that was the case it should have been explored a bit more. Seemed rushed.

Loved the first 45-50 min but somehow the end lacked a certain punch. Somewhat divided on the Paige angle. Liked that Beeman did right by his country and curious to see how Nina ends up.
Im about the same. Im glad the Fred angle worked out that way. Too easyto just walk in and get it out. That guy was no pro and would have been nervous.

Beaman was my favorite part. He was backed into a corner and when it came down to it he did the right thing.

Anyone else thinking the priest is the KGB recruiter for Paige just like Kate was for Jared?

I had the same thought about the priest, but immediately realized its way, way too big of a stretch considering how Paige b got to the church in the first place.

El Floppo said:
I had the same thought about the priest, but immediately realized its way, way too big of a stretch considering how Paige b got to the church in the first place.
He just seemed very calm when Phil threatened him and it was a bit aggressive to chain himself to the fence of a military base for a priest. Just a thought.

Insein said:
Koya said:

Im about the same. Im glad the Fred angle worked out that way. Too easyto just walk in and get it out. That guy was no pro and would have been nervous.

Beaman was my favorite part. He was backed into a corner and when it came down to it he did the right thing.

Anyone else thinking the priest is the KGB recruiter for Paige just like Kate was for Jared?
:goodposting:

Either that or a sexual predator.

Insein said:
Koya said:

:goodposting:

Either that or a sexual predator.
While nothing would surprise me, interjecting Jesus and religion would not seem to be the way to go for someone who is young and confused as Paige.

What I think her attachment to her new cause has shown is just that - attachment (and search for) a cause. Perhaps they can use that desire, and utilize what she likes about the Church (it's more than religion, its about helping people, Jesus' teachings, not the theology type stuff) to bring her along and attach herself to the ultimate common good before individual want, cause - communism. Especially as she battles against the evil nuke empire, and likely could easily be swayed against the materialistic and selfish views of America.

My biggest problem with the finale was how they offed Larrick. Looked like Jared's shot only injured but two handcuffed people can finish him off?

My biggest problem with the finale was how they offed Larrick. Looked like Jared's shot only injured but two handcuffed people can finish him off?
I feel like they've written similar implausible escapes before... but I could be mixing up Walking Dead.

I feel like they've written similar implausible escapes before... but I could be mixing up Walking Dead.
This one felt cliched

I also never had any doubt that Beeman was not going to turn over Echo. It would have made it more satisfying if he was somehow able to turn the tables...although basically turning his back on Nina ("sorry Nina" - such a tepid farewell) was a nice result...

This one felt cliched

I also never had any doubt that Beeman was not going to turn over Echo. It would have made it more satisfying if he was somehow able to turn the tables...although basically turning his back on Nina ("sorry Nina" - such a tepid farewell) was a nice result...
Tepid perhaps. But perfectly in line with Beemans (lack of) emotion in general.

Not sure where to find this....

Have the ratings improved? I know they were miniscule last season - kudos to FX for renewing anyway - but it seems like The Americans has gotten a LOT more buzz this year.

Users who are viewing this thread