What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** The NFL is on in London - Jags at Bills ** (-5.5, 48.5) 9:30/6:30am Kickoff...NFLN Broadcast (1 Viewer)

Explain the reasoning?
Away from their routine, distractions, etc.

People act like the Bills were jetlagged. It's a five hour flight.

This game isn't in Malaysia
I mean that sounds to me like someone who's never gone to England.

And not the reality of what happened either:

WATFORD — Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen said on Friday that he barely slept on the team’s flight to London late Thursday night.

The current NFL MVP betting favorite looked whipped after a Friday walk-through at The Grove - a luxury hotel and spa - where the team is staying ahead of Sunday’s game. Allen said that though he’s not a big coffee drinker, he turned to the drink to combat exhaustion after landing.

Explain the reasoning?
Away from their routine, distractions, etc.

People act like the Bills were jetlagged. It's a five hour flight.

This game isn't in Malaysia
Also the Bills could have flown over on Monday if they wanted. Pretty sure they can afford the hotel.

This is the only part I agree with. Much like playing in Denver, I'd go as quickly as I could to have as long to adjust. Which is why I think Jags have an advantage.

I think one team having back to back games overseas and another having to fly in is very inappropriate scheduling. And I'd say that if the Bills had won. I would raise holy hell if I was an owner and my team was scheduled like that.
funny....LOT of talking heads thought it was a disadvantage to the Jaguars.
Explain the reasoning?
time away from home, distractions available in a town like London

In my opinion the scheduling wasn’t a factor in this game. For some reason Allen has a mental collapse against some teams, the Jags and Jets top the list.

Then against others, he is super human. I think I heard yesterday in the last 11 games against Miami he has been offensive player of the week 5 times 😳

He lost to the Jags 9-6 last time he played them, and was garbage today until it was too late to matter.

Jacksonville's ball because they were the last to touch it before it went out?

Does this crew know anything about football?

What the ref said is fine there. The ball went out of bounds. So it is either receiving team's ball (if they touched it last) or a penalty (if no one touched it or if the kicking team touched it last).

He let you know who touched it last, and the outcome based on that.

but… but … they PUSHED him in!!!!!
Eagles fans ***** because people complain about the play. But bring it up more often than anyone else

Classic
sarcasm meter down?
Don’t bother, he’s on a roll
If I wanted to I could just point out that as a rule, the eagles fans on this board are easily the biggest crybabies one could ever find

Is that better?
Eagles fans ***** because people complain about the play. But bring it up more often than anyone else

Classic
sarcasm meter down?
Does being a grown man that cries about everything on a fake football message board ever get old ? I would think it would feel kinda weird…

In my opinion the scheduling wasn’t a factor in this game. For some reason Allen has a mental collapse against some teams, the Jags and Jets top the list.

Then against others, he is super human. I think I heard yesterday in the last 11 games against Miami he has been offensive player of the week 5 times 😳

He lost to the Jags 9-6 last time he played them, and was garbage today until it was too late to matter.

As many defensive players the Bills lost to injury, you would think the primary blame goes there, but it doesn’t IMO. This loss is on the offense. They played awful until it was too late. I didn’t get a chance to watch it, but it seems like there were issues with the O-line. They couldn’t run worth crap. Wonder if the losses on defense made Josh feel like he had to do more. It’s clear every time he comes into a game thinking he needs to shoulder everything because he plays tight and terrible.

The biggest thing from this game though will be finding out about the injuries to Milano and Jones. Knee and pec injuries can easily be season enders. If the Buffalo defense loses both of those guys after losing White, their Super Bowl chances take a massive hit.

Classic
sarcasm meter down?
If I wanted to I could just point out that as a rule, the eagles fans on this board are easily the biggest crybabies one could ever find

Is that better?
The irony here is quite tasty.

Classic
sarcasm meter down?
Does being a grown man that cries about everything on a fake football message board ever get old ? I would think it would feel kinda weird…
It’s cathartic, and it keeps my tear ducts well lubricated. I have the tear ducts of an 8-year-old.

What the ref said is fine there. The ball went out of bounds. So it is either receiving team's ball (if they touched it last) or a penalty (if no one touched it or if the kicking team touched it last).

Uhh... No. It's not a penalty if the Bills touched it last. And, it would obviously still have been the Jags' ball.

Uhh... No. It's not a penalty if the Bills touched it last. And, it would obviously still have been the Jags' ball.

The delay in responding at first was looking it up to confirm that yes it is a penalty

ARTICLE 3. FREE KICK OUT OF BOUNDS. The kicking team may not kick the ball out of bounds or be the last to touch the
ball before it goes out of bounds between the goal lines
. If the receiving team is the last to touch the ball before it goes out of
bounds, the receiving team puts the ball in play at the inbounds spot.
Penalty: For a kickoff out of bounds: The receiving team may elect to take possession of the ball 25 yards from the
spot of the kick or at the out-of-bounds spot.

Users who are viewing this thread