What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (5 Viewers)

An interesting legal question:

Is he actively obstructing justice or aiding and abetting Russia in its efforts by continuing to intentionally / negligently undermine the investigation and reject the findings of the IC, undermining sanctions, etc. 
Interesting indeed.  However a distinction without a difference.

No they haven't. And the votes about NATO yesterday cheered me up about this.

I know I'm going to sound naive here, but I'm going to make yet another prediction: if Mueller actually charges Trump with collusion or some other related crime, the Republican party will turn against President Trump. They haven't been put to that ultimate test, and they might never be- it might be, as jonessed predicted earlier, that all that ever comes out of this is some murky allegation that is not really a clear charge. But if the test actually comes, Republicans will pass it. As will the general public.
With the trend of US citizens turning against the Mueller probe, an 80% + approval rating by Republicans of Trump, thinking Republicans will turn on Trump if Mueller finds collusion or something similar is a not only naive it is special kind of crazy!

OK we know that Knowledge Dropper and other Trump supporters find all of this perfectly acceptable. The question is, will the general public find it acceptable as well? I guess we'll find out in November.
Are you assuming the Mueller investigation will be done by November?  If not, today means nothing.  If Mueller can't prove Trump was involved the Dems are in big trouble.

:lmao:

You do realize he was joking?  It’s part of Trump’s schtick and why he had the #1 TV  show, iconic Art of The Deal business tome, and won THE PRESIDENCY in a historic electoral landslide the first time he appeared on a ballot.  
Once you get Trump Derangement Syndrome you enter a laughter-vacuum

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that is you twisting words to create a different narrative.
I'm not twisting words at all.   The Russians interfered with the election.  No rational person is denying that.  Even if it were just the use of troll farms and bots to influence social media, they interfered.  No rational person is denying that they interfered with the election.   

It is fun to see how far you're willing to bury your head in the sand, though.

The Trump Party doing Putin's bidding

Evan Rosenfeld‏Verified account @Evan_Rosenfeld 12m12 minutes ago

NEW: House conservatives are preparing a new push to oust Dep. AG Rod Rosenstein, per three conservative Capitol Hill sources — putting the finishing touches on an impeachment filing even as Rosenstein announced the indictment of 12 Russian intel officers

The Trump Party doing Putin's bidding

Evan Rosenfeld‏Verified account @Evan_Rosenfeld 12m12 minutes ago

NEW: House conservatives are preparing a new push to oust Dep. AG Rod Rosenstein, per three conservative Capitol Hill sources — putting the finishing touches on an impeachment filing even as Rosenstein announced the indictment of 12 Russian intel officers
The Strzok hearing was a trap. Either Strzok could reveal investigation details - and then taint them because they came from his evil lips - or he could object on advice of FBI counsel, which is what he did when pressed on such details.

So even though RR did not instruct Strzok or FBI counsel to do ####-diddly nonetheless the House GOP will be blaming RR, because well getting rid of him is the whole damned point for those who think political bias has no role in an investigation.

The Strzok hearing was a trap. Either Strzok could reveal investigation details - and then taint them because they came from his evil lips - or he could object on advice of FBI counsel, which is what he did when pressed on such details.

So even though RR did not instruct Strzok or FBI counsel to do ####-diddly nonetheless the House GOP will be blaming RR, because well getting rid of him is the whole damned point for those who think political bias has no role in an investigation.
Blaming him on a day when the investigation had a major announcement and reinforcing its validity and the work being done in service of our country.

All you need to know about the GOP right now.

Blaming him on a day when the investigation had a major announcement and reinforcing its validity and the work being done in service of our country.

All you need to know about the GOP right now.
The House already voted in near unison to compel the DOJ to turn over investigation materials. It's probably a preview of an impeachment motion.

I'm not twisting words at all.   The Russians interfered with the election.  No rational person is denying that.  Even if it were just the use of troll farms and bots to influence social media, they interfered.  No rational person is denying that they interfered with the election.   

It is fun to see how far you're willing to bury your head in the sand, though.
What? I said they tried and we don't know if they were..I'm not buying anything.

tonydead said:

Think about it, just yesterday you were willing to defend a career whore
I'll defend anyone who is unjustly arrested for a trumped-up crime. I don't judge victims based on my opinion of their career choice.

This is why conservatives lack credibility on the whole "law and order" thing.

And frankly, it also shows why conservatives lack credibility when it comes to the whole #metoo movement. If you can't treat women with a basic level of respect, how can anyone take your comments on #metoo as anything more than cynical exploitation?

Y’all moved all kinds of quick in the last hour and a half, so maybe this has already been addressed:

Strzok says “we'll stop him” and that is literal and he’s been caught red handed committing some crime or whatever?

Trump says “Russia, if you’re listening...” and he was just speaking off the cuff, obviously not meaning anything of it?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The new joke in town is that Russia leaked the disastrous DNC e-mails, which should never have been written (stupid), because Putin likes me

4:31 AM - 25 Jul 2016
Russia leaked the DNC emails because Putin liked him.

Again btw Trump's defense is it was a joke, because, you know, he's a clown.

Well, all of today was 2016 election.  Papajohns and Flynn are certainly related to Trump or his campaign.

And, there is no indication that Mueller is close to wrapping this up anytime soon.  Lots of evidence still to sift through. I would guess there is lots of evidence that we don't even know about yet. 

So, if you want to hang your hat on: "Hey the Russians hacked the DNC, and released information in an effort to help elect Donald Trump (and at least one congressional candidate asked for, and received stolen information), I don't see whats wrong with any of that!"

Then, that is your prerogative.  But, it looks to me like we, as in America, got bent over pretty hard.  And one party in particular seems to think that its acceptable, and we just need to put it all behind us and move on and be friends with the rapist.  Thats a pretty weird position to take.
I’m not “hanging my hat” on anything, nor did I say or insinuate any of the rest of the crap you attributed to me.  But thanks.

No its more like the ball was thrown, the power in the stadium goes off, and Odell is screaming pass interference when the lights come back on.
Man, you guys really suck at analogies. The Trump Tower meeting is proof of Russian interference. Even if it was ineffectual.  

If the facts asserted in the various indictments are true we have dozens of.actions, undertaken by agents of the Russian state, interfering with the election.  Even if the WL leak of the DNC emails didn’t influence a single vote, the state-sponsored cybercrime and subsequent release represent interference. 

Y’all moved all kinds of quick in the last hour and a half, so maybe this has already been addressed:

Strzok says “we'll stop him” and that is literal and he’s been caught red handed committing some crime or whatever?

Trump says “Russia, if you’re listening...” and he was just speaking off the cuff, obviously not meaning anything of it?
You forgot "and if you can't see that then no wonder we don't answer your questions"

Yes.  Nuance is only allowed if it benefits Trump.  Just like bias makes you completely incapable of doing your job, unless you are biased toward Trump or the GOP, in which case it doesn't matter.

Man, you guys really suck at analogies. The Trump Tower meeting is proof of Russian interference. Even if it was ineffectual.  

If the facts asserted in the various indictments are true we have dozens of.actions, undertaken by agents of the Russian state, interfering with the election.  Even if the WL leak of the DNCails didn’t influence a single vote, the state-sponsored cubercrime and subsequent release represent interference. 
Wouldn’t that lead to replaying the down?

Meanwhile, back to the Strzok text thing...

Manu Raju Verified account 12m12 minutes ago

Lisa Page is impressing GOP lawmakers today. Several members have said she had been cooperative and provided them new information beyond Strzok’s testimony. Mark Meadows even went so far as to say that Page was “falsely accused” of not being cooperative.

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

Meadows also said he sees NO need for Lisa Page to return for public session after her second private hearing on Monday. Dems believe GOP would look worse than they did in yesterday’s raucous hearing with Strzok if they brought her in for public session

2:35 PM - 13 Jul 2018

Womp womp
Mark Meadows was the one leading the charge on accusing her of not being cooperative.

@RepMarkMeadows

This statement from Lisa Page's attorneys could've been better summed up in one short sentence: "We're choosing to ignore a Congressional subpoena"

Indefensible
 Mark Meadows Retweeted

Rep. Jim Jordan‏Verified account @Jim_Jordan Jul 10

Lisa Page ignores congressional subpoena, once again showing the double standard. One set of rules for regular Americans, a different set for the Swamp!
Mark Meadows‏Verified account @RepMarkMeadows Jul 11

Contrary to what her attorneys are telling the media, we just learned Lisa Page actually DID review documents at the FBI yesterday. Her failure to appear before Congress this morning had little to do with 'preparation'--and everything to do with avoiding accountability.

What? I said they tried and we don't know if they were..I'm not buying anything.
This is what Paul Ryan had to say today:

“We’ve said all along we know Russia meddled in our elections and we’re glad these hackers are being held to account.”

What's his narrative?

Maybe someone else has brought this up but a theory I have on the ‘find Hillary’s email’ statement is that it was a request from Putin to show loyalty.

I don’t believe that the Russian intelligence agents who were running the hacking hadn’t thought of finding Hillary’s lost emails until Trump suggested it.

A more likely scenario IMO is that Trump received a request through intermediaries  that Russia wanted a public show of loyalty before continuing with their hacking campaign. Trumps way of doing that - making the public request for Russia to find the missing emails. 

Now imagine that the person who delivered that message to Trump is one of the people cooperating with Mueller - Papadopoulos, Gates or Flynn. Tough to deny collusion and Trump’s direct involvement if you have Russia asking Trump to do something, he does it and the Russians follow through on their end and increase the hacking.

The theory extends back to the Mayflower Hotel speech where he promised a ‘good deal’ on sanctions with the Russian ambassador in attendance followed by the platform change at the RNC. These too could be actions Russia requested from Trump before they started helping him. Tough to prove unless you have the messenger(s) who delivered the request...

This is what Paul Ryan had to say today:

“We’ve said all along we know Russia meddled in our elections and we’re glad these hackers are being held to account.”

What's his narrative?
I believe he is happy they caught the Russian hackers.   :shrug: I know I am.

Users who are viewing this thread