What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know bills get introduced all the time that never get discussed seriously, but HR 861's mere existence bothers me.

(NOTE: this is not a title or summary.  it's the full text of the bill.)  

The Environmental Protection Agency shall terminate on December 31, 2018.

In case anyone is interested, here is Trump's absurd answer to the question about a rise in anti-semitism:

Link
The worst part is the reporter is pleading with Trump to speak out against domestic and global antisemitism.And Trump blows it off. Specifically won't speak out against antisemitism. Sorry Trumpites yeah David Duke & Co. LOVE that.

A much longer analysis from Foreign Affairs on the delicacy of the situation between the US and Russia. I am pretty sure it is a pay story, but I think Foreign Affairs also allows a few free reads a month with registration.

US-Russia Relations in the Era of Trump

This story doesn't get into any of the recent revelations/accusations. Let's set that all aside for the moment.

I'll refrain from offering my own conclusions (I haven't even finished reading the whole thing yet), but it seems obvious that successfully dealing with Russia would take a mixture of astute diplomacy, cooperation in certain areas, and a willingness to be firm without being dangerously provocative.

Does that sound like a description of the skill-set of the POTUS and his inner circle? 

Campaign staff meeting with foreign diplomats is not at all unusual, as I believe either the NY Times or CNN story says, and this attempt at false equivalence is pathetic. 

What makes Trump/Russia meetings a story is:

1. The frequency of meetings and other communications (CNN described it as "constant" contact)

2. Meeting/communicating with Russian intelligence officials.

3. Lying about those meetings/communications.

4. We have proof that Russia intervened in the election, and all indications are that they did so to benefit Trump.

5. The dossier suggesting the possible existence of Kompromat on Trump.

6. The Trump campaign/administration's stunning attitude towards Russia, which has been somewhere between an already radical "live and let live" and full on "schoolgirl crush on boy band" for over a year now.

Any one of these things sends up enough smoke to warrant further attention.  Taken together they're the pretty much the Chicago Fire. I honestly don't know how people aren't seeing that, no matter how much they love Trump.  Denial is a powerful thing, I guess.
The reason is simple, Trump has instructed them that anything that comes out as negative against him or his cabinet is fake news, so rather than having concern about the story, the Trumpsters attack the source of the story. It keeps repeating itself. 2 of my best friends are this guy to a tee. I love them like brothers but it's infuriating.

So, to explain how they were right about Trump all along, current opposition voters can point to intelligence community leaks, transcripts, NSA resignation, insane tweets, court rulings, and press conferences. 

Remember when the opposition party during our last new presidential administration was proving they were right about Obama because he put Grey Poupon on his burger?

And that wasn't until June.
The Republicans spent so much time the past 8 years creating fake crisis to get all worked up about they have no clue what to do now that there's a very real one in the White House. 

The reason is simple, Trump has instructed them that anything that comes out as negative against him or his cabinet is fake news, so rather than having concern about the story, the Trumpsters attack the source of the story. It keeps repeating itself. 2 of my best friends are this guy to a tee. I love them like brothers but it's infuriating.
Love this

I don't think he is very precise with his thoughts either.
It's possible.  I know some really bright people that ramble, freeze, struggle to gather thoughts, etc.  I don't really know how bright Trump is.  Not that it matters.  Intelligence and success doesn't really correlate as far as the presidency is concerned (at least in the studies I have seen).

I don't think he's an idiot.

In case anyone is interested, here is Trump's absurd answer to the question about a rise in anti-semitism:

Link
One of these days we're going to have to have a debate in the FFA about why fascists are always anti-semitic. What's the connection? That was indeed an answer worthy of SNL.

I thought Russia would respect us?

"UPDATE: Russian spy ship now located 30 miles south of Groton, CT home to a US Navy submarine base. Russian ship "loitering," US official"
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/2017/02/14/russian-spy-ship-delaware-coast/97916530/

A Russian spy ship, first seen 70 miles off the coast of Delaware, now patrols 30 miles offshore a U.S. Navy submarine base in Connecticut on Wednesday in what that state's Congressman called an effort to test the resolve of the new Trump administration.

A U.S. defense official told CNN the SSV-175 Viktor Leonov sailing in international waters is outfitted with a variety of high-tech spying equipment designed to intercept signals intelligence.
When we see them head up the Chesapeake Bay and into the Potomac we'll know they're here to make a delivery, and to do the shopping they couldn't do in Nordstroms.

Birther nonsense already forgotten? 
Or "death panels" or he's a Muslim or he uses more Executive Orders than any other president or he let illegal immigration run rampant or he took more vacations than any other President, or unemployment is at a record high, or he was taking our guns, etc etc etc

Or "death panels" or he's a Muslim or he uses more Executive Orders than any other president or he let illegal immigration run rampant or he took more vacations than any other President, or unemployment is at a record high, or he was taking our guns, etc etc etc
I was just starting with the easy one first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread