What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Torrey Smith ranking this week (1 Viewer)

Any death in the family is always worth a bump the first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't give away subscriber content but wow is Torrey rated low. Coming off a huge game, @ home, against a not-so-great secondary. I know rankings change later in the week but obviously the game is tomorrow. Thoughts?
:thumbdown: :confused:Smith looking like a WR1 right now.

Love how often Flacco looks Torrey's way. On the play before the TD, when Flacco dumped it off to Rice, he also looked for Smith. Five targets in little more than a quarter in addition to a rushing attempt. Lots of upside here.

Targeted early and often, and really coming through .... think the first pass of the night would've gone to the house if Flacco had better blitz pickup ... hoping Cleveland hangs in there so these two (Flacco/Smith) can do more work.

And I guess we'll be feasting this week. Guy will be a WR2 this year. Yes, he has the home run effect but people don't realize how little the Ravens have at WR as Boldin ages fast.

And I guess we'll be feasting this week. Guy will be a WR2 this year. Yes, he has the home run effect but people don't realize how little the Ravens have at WR as Boldin ages fast.
Not sure what you are trying to say here, but this isnt the 2011 Torrey. He's matured, learned a full route tree, and Flacco loves him. Tons of upside here.

well he's had a crossing route, a slant, and a TD going down the seam. looks like he knows how to run routes.

almost just hauled in a 2nd TD

Not sure what you are trying to say here, but this isnt the 2011 Torrey. He's matured, learned a full route tree, and Flacco loves him. Tons of upside here.
I'm agreeing with you. I was very high on this guy and didn't understand the whole feast or famine people placed on him. He still has that and he'll be a deep threat but Baltimore will also look to get it in his hands more often on short patterns.

I'm agreeing with you. I was very high on this guy and didn't understand the whole feast or famine people placed on him. He still has that and he'll be a deep threat but Baltimore will also look to get it in his hands more often on short patterns.
Ah, gotcha. I think he sniffs WR1 status. :)

Why did I want to see one more good game out of Torrey Smith before I felt comfortable putting him in my lineup? :wall:

'johnnyrock62000 said:
I feel for the guy. My debate is whether to go with him or Bradshaw. I'm thinking the adrenaline and focus of the last game wears off and the emotional drain takes its toll this week.
The mental gymnastics that people go through in prognosicating is laughable sometimes. Focus on matchups and talent, not ESPN storylines.

You don't have to follow ranking religiously, handicap your own players and start who you want. WTF is a fantasy expert anyway

'sporthenry said:
Lol ow eveyne attributes stats to ability on. Zero sum level.Boldin was balling last night. I'm pretty sure he didn't get younger at the half.

Dodds had Torrey a low WR2 this week in ppr and the 'hurd' (i.e. ECR of 41 'experts') was also a low WR2.

Seems about right considering Torrey will have some boom/bust type games trying for the home runs.

Everyone should manage their own team and stop trying to blame someone else when they click the wrong button.

Users who are viewing this thread