What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turn - New AMC show coming out in April (1 Viewer)

I used to live about 30mins from Washington's Crossing. Interesting to see how it may have happened.

This show is just ok so far. They haven't done anything that has caught my attention, but it is just good enough to stick around to see if it will get better. Im going to give this a couple more episodes to decide.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't watched last night's EP yet but if it doesn't pick up I'm probably going to give up.
Normally I'd say you're too picky but I think its a fair assessment at this point. There's some good but not a lot of direction. They need to get the ball rolling here soon.
I enjoyed the episode on Sunday night, but it was still too slow for me. They need more action or suspense to keep me interested.

How was Abe not mad at his wife for ratting Abe/his dad's plan of the headstones. I feel like they totally left that part out, She told Abe, then it was like nothing happened.
I gave up after last week. The show just didn't grab me. It's a shame since I'm a history guy but "Turn" is pretty ho-hum.

This week had a couple of :rolleyes: moments. The Brit walking in on him almost cheating was the biggest.

This week had a couple of :rolleyes: moments. The Brit walking in on him almost cheating was the biggest.
Really :confused:

Maybe the conversation afterwards was a little strange.. But the Brit walking into "his" house is not a :rolleyes: moment IMO.

As for the show.. The biggest disappointment so far was not showing ANY of Washington's battles.. I understand this is a show about the spies, but when presenting a historical story about spies, throwing the fans a bone or two in regards to the battles that took place would be nice.

Still, My daughter and I are still enjoying the story. Between this and the History channel's "Vikings" my daughter and I spend a lot of time discussing history and searching the internet to learn more about what we watched. :thumbup:

Really :confused: Maybe the conversation afterwards was a little strange.. But the Brit walking into "his" house is not a :rolleyes: moment IMO.

As for the show.. The biggest disappointment so far was not showing ANY of Washington's battles.. I understand this is a show about the spies, but when presenting a historical story about spies, throwing the fans a bone or two in regards to the battles that took place would be nice.

Still, My daughter and I are still enjoying the story. Between this and the History channel's "Vikings" my daughter and I spend a lot of time discussing history and searching the internet to learn more about what we watched. :thumbup:
The :rolleyes: moment is that he was sitting their drinking and moping for a few hours when Anna came over and just as hes about to commit infidelity, someone walks in. I half expected it to be the wife but this was almost as dumb.

I don't care if he's a British officer Attila the Hun will Mussolini the guy walks in on that he's walking right back out for 10 or 15 minutes.

F'ing Simcoe :lmao: He's really the best part of the show. I'm only watching for his scenes really.

Much better episode than the last two. Finally some spy stuff. And Simcoe. The dinner with Andre scene was so well done. He so carefully laid that trap with the knife and fork hands and Lt. Terrence, right out of Inglorious Basterds and the "three sign" scene, and then Simcoe sh#ts all over it like a pr#ck. Loved it.

The search function on this board is ####. Typed in just one word. TURN. It gave me 47 threads that didnt have turn in the title and the one I wanted is not in the list.

Anyway, this show worth watching anymore? I recorded sundays ep but Im wondering if its a waste of time.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. I don't get the hate because there's no "action". We're talking about an 18th century spy ring, not a Tom Clancy novel. The character buildup has been well done so far and Simcoe plays his part superbly. This last episode was the best so far, IMO, and think it will only continue to get better from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The search function on this board is ####. Typed in just one word. TURN. It gave me 47 threads that didnt have turn in the title and the one I wanted is not in the list.

Anyway, this show worth watching anymore? I recorded sundays ep but Im wondering if its a waste of time.
You can select to only search in titles.

1st result when you limit the search to titles and to this FFA forum: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4716025/img/turn.png

I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. I don't get the hate because there's no "action". We're talking about an 18th century spy ring, not a Tom Clancy novel. The character buildup is been well done so far and Simcoe plays his part superbly. This last episode was the best so far, IMO, and think it will only continue to get better from here.
:goodposting: Really enjoying the story.

The most recent episode had more Simcoe, but was not as good as the previous episode (with the Dinner with Andre scene).

FreeBaGeL said:
Insein said:

You can select to only search in titles.

1st result when you limit the search to titles and to this FFA forum: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4716025/img/turn.png
I guess its causr its mobile.

I'm really liking this story.

Simcoe is awesome. He's a perfect villain because you love to hate him. He's like the 18th Century version of Ben Linus.

Anything that references Phrygian caps and the song To Anacreon in Heaven is cool in my book. My only complaint is they slowed down the correct tempo of the song in order to make the irony fit better.

For soneone supposedly not having an affair, leaving flowers in the road where everyone can see is pretty brazen.

Leaving the secret code book to the war in the easily findable spot of your bedroom with nothing covering it. Well done.

Leaving the secret code book to the war in the easily findable spot of your bedroom with nothing covering it. Well done.
Wife definitely has some leverage now. I don't know what she wants that hubby can give, though.

I havent watched since the second episode and I was liking the show, is it worth catching up on?

I am not a movie/ show snob...and I do not need Breaking Bad type of action either.

Ratings are not that good, I'm not that optimistic about a season 2.
Its just a choppy show to be sure, I kindof hope it gets renewed to allow it to flow better and work itself out. The premise is cool, the storylines are at times sloppy. I want cry if they dont renew it however.

Its just a choppy show to be sure, I kindof hope it gets renewed to allow it to flow better and work itself out. The premise is cool, the storylines are at times sloppy. I want cry if they dont renew it however.
I enjoy the show and think that AMC can/could carry it longer than the big 4 networks, so we'll see.

I enjoy the show and think that AMC can/could carry it longer than the big 4 networks, so we'll see.
Past 2 episodes were pretty good -- interested to see the finale.

Thought it was good. The ending was decent. I like that the wife sided with her husband for the sake of the family. She calculated right away what the best course of action was instead of being hysterical. I think this gets a season 2. The casual mentions of Benedict Arnold throughout the season lead me to believe he is a major factor next season.

For a finale it was not action-packed. With 15 minutes left to go I realized they weren't going to tie up many loose ends at all. I think the decision was to leave so many things hanging so they could be continued in a next season.

As of this moment Abraham has both women wanting him, has some authority in the town, and hasn't had his spy cover blown. He's not doing bad.

Thought it was good. The ending was decent. I like that the wife sided with her husband for the sake of the family. She calculated right away what the best course of action was instead of being hysterical. I think this gets a season 2. The casual mentions of Benedict Arnold throughout the season lead me to believe he is a major factor next season.
Re: Arnold, at about this point in the Revolution, he was a well known hero to the Rebels due to his actions in the Battle of Saratoga. His name would naturally be coming up often.

Should be noted that:

Maj. Andre, the British guy who's been around all season, with that one blonde strand of hair that took away the Queens Rangers from Rodgers at the end of the episode, was the guy Arnold collaborated with when he turned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Arnold, at about this point in the Revolution, he was a well known hero to the Rebels due to his actions in the Battle of Saratoga. His name would naturally be coming up often.

Should be noted that:

Maj. Andre, the British guy who's been around all season, with that one blonde strand of hair that took away the Queens Rangers from Rodgers at the end of the episode, was the guy Arnold collaborated with when he turned.
I figured his positioning of General Lee was foreshadowing that he was involved with BA also.

Nice finale, think it's starting to find it's way. Really hope there's a Season 2. Simcoe going bat#### crazy was awesome!

Having said that, Anna jumping out of the boat was silly,and then Abraham runs up to help pull her out and the two of them make googly eyes at each other, looking like they're about to swap spit, was a bit over the top and inappropriate imo.

Here's my take

Pros

-- well-done series

-- well-acted

-- nice historical inqtrigue

Cons

-- too much dramatic license taken with real historical figures

-- not liking the obligatory love triangle -- seems unnecessary

-- knowing what happens to some of the major historical figures and who wins the war does reduce the tension and lowers the stakes

Socrates11 said:
Nice finale, think it's starting to find it's way. Really hope there's a Season 2. Simcoe going bat#### crazy was awesome!

Having said that, Anna jumping out of the boat was silly,and then Abraham runs up to help pull her out and the two of them make googly eyes at each other, looking like they're about to swap spit, was a bit over the top and inappropriate imo.
Completely agree. I was actually happy she was going so they could spare us the love triangle in season 2 but no. Seelah really feels like a schmuck doesnt he.

Users who are viewing this thread