What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turn - New AMC show coming out in April (1 Viewer)

Tent talk reminded me, I have a half off code for a tent I need to use before the end of the month. :thumbup:

What's sad is it took a talk about George washing tons tent to get this thread from page 4 to 5.

I'm not exactly rushing to finish season 2 and this show is right in my wheelhouse.

Who cares about tents with those obviously inaccurate shoe buckles. How can we take a show seriously when they pay no attention to shoe accoutrement?

you brohans got me and my lady in to this and we like it a lot we sit down and watch it and enjoy it so we are looking forward to the next season coming out and we will probably watch it together take that to the bank

Binged season 1 after stopping when the show first aired an thought it was really good. 

Starting season 2 today, what can I expect?

The best characters on this show are Simcoe and Rogers, which has always worked against things since they're not American.  At least now, Rogers seems intent on helping the US side, so that's good.  The more of Simcoe and Rogers (and, of course, Ms. Shippen), the better.

Obviously the Arnold storyline is going to dominate this season; kudos to the writers for at least taking it slowly and making him a somewhat sympathetic character, which will make the turn all the more interesting.

Finally watched the 2 episodes. This season is starting out awesome. So many angles. So many sympathetic and entertaining characters. 

Going to be a good season.

They have done the Arnold turn really well.  They have almost made him a sympathetic character.
Almost. He's still a borish oaf. He can't keep himself collected under most circumstances. Quick to fly off the handle. But it's good to show his motivations. Basically the most loyal officer keeps getting the shaft when it comes to prestige.

I like how Simcoe is a complete badass when it comes to battle but is so clueless when it comes to espionage.  I was also wondering when Rogers girth would hinder him. 

Good episode.

That whole episode was basically nothing but love stories.  WTF?

I'm no history buff - curious how accurate the Peggy Shippen manipulation is.  She's playing that dumb oaf like a puppet.

That whole episode was basically nothing but love stories.  WTF?

I'm no history buff - curious how accurate the Peggy Shippen manipulation is.  She's playing that dumb oaf like a puppet.
Hot pieces of ### have been manipulating powerful men since the dawn of time.

Episode 6, 'Many Mickles Make a Muckle', was another really good one.  I had a flashback to Hateful Eight with that cabin scene -- a lot of tension/drama developing. 

Simcoe continues to be the best character on the show; the more we get out of him, the better.   And I am appreciating the slow burn we are getting on the Arnold turn (spoiler: I think he's going to betray America at some point).

Episode 6, 'Many Mickles Make a Muckle', was another really good one.  I had a flashback to Hateful Eight with that cabin scene -- a lot of tension/drama developing. 

Simcoe continues to be the best character on the show; the more we get out of him, the better.   And I am appreciating the slow burn we are getting on the Arnold turn (spoiler: I think he's going to betray America at some point).
The misunderstanding love triangle may get old now that Peggy's gay cousin or whatever snitched on Andrei.  She's been a pretty driven character. We need more situations where she is less clothed though.  Same with Mrs Woodhull. 

Pretty good stuff -- Woodhull and Simcoe seem to avoid death every other week.
Started rewatching from the beginning with the wife and I forgot that Rogers had made Woodhull his own watchman in Satauket. Also how many times Simcoe should have died

I wish this show got more pub.  It's really picking up and I love how things with Arnold are turning out.  Very well done.

Chase Stuart said:
I wish this show got more pub.  It's really picking up and I love how things with Arnold are turning out.  Very well done.
Been trying to get my wife into it. She hates violence but I'm starting to hook her.

Awesome episode.  I would say the best yet of the series.  Pretty cool show this is turning into -- a meh season 1, a solid season 2, and an awesome season 3. 

I think a lot of people are missing out. Maybe if we can ever wrap up Justified I'll get my wife into this.

Excellent finale. They make Arnold such an interesting character. Gonna miss Andrei.  A little disappointed Rogers didn't make an appearance but I guess he got his revenge. I wonder if they keep Simcoe alive since I think he did survive the actual war.

Can't wait already for next year. Easily my favorite show.

Insein said:
Excellent finale. They make Arnold such an interesting character. Gonna miss Andrei.  A little disappointed Rogers didn't make an appearance but I guess he got his revenge. I wonder if they keep Simcoe alive since I think he did survive the actual war.

Can't wait already for next year. Easily my favorite show.
Yep: they have made Arnold an interesting and almost sympathetic character. He seems well-intentioned but completely clueless in the political arena. He's a soldier and a brute -- and a very good one at that -- but is (much) more brawns than brain and it has been his undoing.  I don't know how accurate that summary of him as a real person was, but it makes him a much deeper character than I expected to see.

Looking forward to watching this show.  I normally wait a few seasons before jumping in because stuff gets cancelled so quickly.  

Looking forward to watching this show.  I normally wait a few seasons before jumping in because stuff gets cancelled so quickly.  
Well worth it. Interesting time setting and subject material but the characters they make with some real and some unknown people are awesome.

i just watched S1's first episode and was pretty impressed with it. it's a mess in terms of storytelling out of the gate but i think it's necessary given the plotting out of the gate. i'll give it some rope here for sure.

Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Watched the entire first season last night.  Going to watch most of the 2nd tonight  

Does it stay good during the second season?
It gets better.

My wife and I watched the first season when it aired, and thought it was decidedly "meh" despite our interest in the time period. Recently had some downtime and caught up... I was still bored silly during season 2 but for some reason my wife got hooked so we watched season 3, which we both thought was great. Not sure if season 3 was good enough to warrant sticking out the first 20 hours or so, but the show definitely gets better over time. 

Next season has got to be the last, right?  If not, they'll be dragging it out with BS side stories most of the time.

Next season has got to be the last, right?  If not, they'll be dragging it out with BS side stories most of the time.
Yea we pretty much know how this turns out. It's not to be fairly close to the end. I say they could milk 2 more seasons though.

Users who are viewing this thread