What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

I was looking for a good couch coop game to play with the family (wife and 11yo son).  Ended up buying the Overcooked bundle on Switch.  Super fun but I think I can only handle so much at a time.  It pegs my anxiety meter.

I was looking for a good couch coop game to play with the family (wife and 11yo son).  Ended up buying the Overcooked bundle on Switch.  Super fun but I think I can only handle so much at a time.  It pegs my anxiety meter.
Damn bruh, feel like I ain't seen you in a minute. Good to see you back.

A little further up thread somebody mentioned the reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is really fun if the wife will dig a side action beat ‘em up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of practicing and routing 100% runs of Vice City, had at least four failures of one mission through no fault of my own, then try paramedic and have a random police car fly into view unsighted and shunt me into the water, fun times
Vice City was still my favorite GTA. The game play has gotten better,  there's more depth to the story, but the Vice City soundtrack was incredible and it was just so much fun to cause complete mayhem around that town. 

Finally had my cataracts removed and can see well enough again to start playing "new" games. And by that, I mean ones I got for Christmas but could never start because I couldn't read the on-screen tutorials or anything. It's like a breath of fresh air. I started Far Cry 6 yesterday, and have Assassins Creed: Valhalla and Last of Us II in the queue. So nice to not be stuck playing games I know because I can see again.

Anyone into SimRacing? Desktop / console or have you built a rig? Type of wheel, pedals?

Fascinated by F1 21 (22 out in 20 days) and iRacing. What else should I look into?

I've been iRacing for probable 12 years. Although not nearly as much in the last couple years as burn-out has settled in. 

I have a TMt300 wheel, Clubsport V1 pedals and a TH8A H-Pattern shifter.  I mounted a Kia Sportage seat to  Ricmotec RS wooden rig, and run 3 24inch monitors, and have a 4th  12 inch set up for telemetry.  

How many are still playing this. I quit years ago because it was just becoming to much time.

Still on it.  Told my wife when we started I would play but didn't want to raid or have any responsibilities.  Now I'm GM of a guild that runs splits on current content and spend 10+ hours a week playing.  #### me.

Not usually  a fan of the lego games but the newer star wars one (skywalker saga) is pretty good.

all 9 movies in one game.   enjoyable.

I haven't turned on my PS5 in months

Mid June- and all of July Is down time for video games. You might occasionally find a game come out that becomes like a cult hit but after May its not until like when Madden comes out when newer games start releasing. Sports wise the Fall winter sports come out Mid Aug to early OCT. Most of the RPG and Shooters Mid OCt to November near holiday season. 

Key is finding games that can occupy you in that span. I stream most of my streaming apps from my PS5 so I get good use out of it even if I'm not playing a game 

DJackson10 said:
Mid June- and all of July Is down time for video games. You might occasionally find a game come out that becomes like a cult hit but after May its not until like when Madden comes out when newer games start releasing. Sports wise the Fall winter sports come out Mid Aug to early OCT. Most of the RPG and Shooters Mid OCt to November near holiday season. 

Key is finding games that can occupy you in that span. I stream most of my streaming apps from my PS5 so I get good use out of it even if I'm not playing a game 
I got the last fifa game when it was the game of the month... been playing that a bit with my kid.

Still on it.  Told my wife when we started I would play but didn't want to raid or have any responsibilities.  Now I'm GM of a guild that runs splits on current content and spend 10+ hours a week playing.  #### me.

I played that when it came out, and I was actually doing a multibox and running a warrior, 2 mages, a lock, and priest all on one computer. I had a blast doing entire instances by "myself". I had a special programmable mouse with 10+ buttons so that i could map all of the healing, decursing, etc. It took all of my concentration to play 5 characters at the same time.

Blizzard removed this though and made it against their terms of service, which was a disappointment. I wanted to play burning crusade but i do not want to play just 1 character anymore.

I played that when it came out, and I was actually doing a multibox and running a warrior, 2 mages, a lock, and priest all on one computer. I had a blast doing entire instances by "myself". I had a special programmable mouse with 10+ buttons so that i could map all of the healing, decursing, etc. It took all of my concentration to play 5 characters at the same time.

Blizzard removed this though and made it against their terms of service, which was a disappointment. I wanted to play burning crusade but i do not want to play just 1 character anymore.

I was 3 boxxing shamans... that was a blast until they ended it.  Three elemental mastery chain lightnings with natures swiftness lightning was crazy burst damage.

My ps5 decided to crap the bed on me

Me neither. Once I cleared HFW I was thinking about buying Elden Ring but decided to take a break. Tons of good games coming out but not for awhile.
I sold mine and am going to wait for it to drop in price soon 

I got the last fifa game when it was the game of the month... been playing that a bit with my kid.

For you or anyone else. If you like espionage or sneaking around missions Sniper Elite 5 came out end of May. Really good game. Levels are fairly big but you can stop mid level if you have to and can't finish. Really nice story line with a ton of stuff to do and customizations to do. 

I've been playing Elex 2 for the last month or so. I really like it.

If you liked the first Elex, it's a no brainer buy - it's everything you liked, but better. 

If you never played, it's a third person, open world RPG that's pretty deep in both character build and story. Think Fallout meets Dragon Age, and you kind of have your setting. There are factions that open up different powers/skills (and you can only join one), companions, a large world, and an awesome jetpack that makes exploring really fun - almost no place is off limits, and exploring vertically is rewarding. The jetpack is limited to short-term use, so there's no real "flying", but you can scale any vertical in increments, and jump off anything and survive. Which is good, because this is a big world,  

However, before you get too excited, know that it's a Piranha Bytes game (they made the Risen and Gothic games). It's got that Euro Jank feel, clunky-but-fun combat, and a general lack of AAA polish. The graphics are like early XBox One. Like many PB fans, I feel the shortcomings are part of its charm, but people who want AAA for their $60 won't be happy. This also isn't a casual game - it's not really hard, but it is long and deep. 

Verdict: If you like PB's games, or really want a big, deep RPG and don't care about AAA polish, it's well worth it. 

I've been playing Elex 2 for the last month or so. I really like it.

If you liked the first Elex, it's a no brainer buy - it's everything you liked, but better. 

If you never played, it's a third person, open world RPG that's pretty deep in both character build and story. Think Fallout meets Dragon Age, and you kind of have your setting. There are factions that open up different powers/skills (and you can only join one), companions, a large world, and an awesome jetpack that makes exploring really fun - almost no place is off limits, and exploring vertically is rewarding. The jetpack is limited to short-term use, so there's no real "flying", but you can scale any vertical in increments, and jump off anything and survive. Which is good, because this is a big world,  

However, before you get too excited, know that it's a Piranha Bytes game (they made the Risen and Gothic games). It's got that Euro Jank feel, clunky-but-fun combat, and a general lack of AAA polish. The graphics are like early XBox One. Like many PB fans, I feel the shortcomings are part of its charm, but people who want AAA for their $60 won't be happy. This also isn't a casual game - it's not really hard, but it is long and deep. 

Verdict: If you like PB's games, or really want a big, deep RPG and don't care about AAA polish, it's well worth it. 
I had a really hard time on the first one and ended up putting it aside and never going back. I liked a lot about it and wanted to see it through, but I just found it impossible to continue.

It was as if the level requirements were too high for everything I had a quest for, but there was nothing I could find to do to level up. Seemed like the beginning part of the game was poorly balanced. I just got my butt kicked everywhere I tried to go.

I had a really hard time on the first one and ended up putting it aside and never going back. I liked a lot about it and wanted to see it through, but I just found it impossible to continue.

It was as if the level requirements were too high for everything I had a quest for, but there was nothing I could find to do to level up. Seemed like the beginning part of the game was poorly balanced. I just got my butt kicked everywhere I tried to go.

This one is a lot better at that. It does a decent job of giving you quests that point you in the right direction/etc. That said, it's open world, so you can go into places that you should not be. Getting a companion early makes a difference too. 

This one is a lot better at that. It does a decent job of giving you quests that point you in the right direction/etc. That said, it's open world, so you can go into places that you should not be. Getting a companion early makes a difference too. 
Thanks, I'll definitely give the 2nd one a go when I find a good deal on it.

Is it a direct sequel with the same character, and is it important to know what happened in the first game?

Thanks, I'll definitely give the 2nd one a go when I find a good deal on it.

Is it a direct sequel with the same character, and is it important to know what happened in the first game?

It's the same character, and it references stuff from the first game, but it's not essential to know it / all the details.  

ETA: yea, I'd wait for a sale. I paid full price, but I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and I definitely got my money's worth, but $39 or so is a better price point.

Xbox Game Pass continues to be great value for me as I’m checking out a lot of stuff I never would have played normally. I’m many years late to the party, but Stardew Valley is a surprisingly engaging farming sim. Citizen Sleeper is another quirky little game, sort of a sci-fi text based adventure that I enjoyed. Also, Guardians of the Galaxy is fun game with a lot of personality. Not everything is a hit with me personally - I bounced off Outer Wilds pretty quickly, for example - but I’m enjoying the variety.

I've played a few rounds of Super People during the final beta. It is surprisingly good. If you can make it to the late game, the super abilities level the playing field for old shooters like me. I'll definitely play more when it releases but I'm sure there will only be small window where I'll be able to stay competetive.

Finally turned the PS5 back on after like 4 mths, life got busy, and finished off Malenia and am now working on Radagon/Edlen Beast. What an incredible game, so glad that I gave it a try. Have HFW up next.

Hope someone enjoys Call of Duty Beta

CG95-GWK9N-P3Z5
Copy Code
Use By September 26, 2022

How to use​

1. Go to the Call of Duty® Beta website and log in or create an Activision account

2. Once logged in, enter your early access beta code and select your gaming platform

3. Prior to the early access Beta Window, you will receive a platform-specific code via email from Activision with instructions on how to redeem and play
    SEP. 16 – 17: PLAYSTATION® EARLY ACCESS SEP. 22 –23: XBOX + BATTLE.NET + STEAM EARLY ACCESS; OPEN TO ALL PLAYSTATION® PLAYERS

Got my Steam Deck in the mail late last week. Decent timing as I’m isolating in our basement with covid. So far I’ve only played Hades, looks about the same as it does on the switch. I just installed the Witcher 3 which apparently runs great on the deck. I’ve never played it before so I’m excited. It’s a lot bulkier than the switch but still very comfortable, and there are buttons on the back (similar to the Xbox elite controllers) which are a nice add. I really prefer the handheld experience so I’m hoping this thing is as advertised.

Going to be spending most of the weekend watching the Classic Tetris World Championship, qualifying should have just started and the main brackets will run over the weekend. First time it's been played live since 2019, and first time that the vast majority of the top players will be using the rolling technique to move the pieces (look for agamescout's explanatory video, it will blow your mind). Scary how much the standard has improved, if I went back in time to 2019 with my current skill I would easily make the main bracket, as is I would probably be in the bottom 20% of people attempting to qualify

Edit - the final was something else, highest ever losing score in one game. If I could have translated my level of play on emulator to actual hardware, I would probably have made the consolation bracket if I had gone, would easily fancy my chances to get an 800k score in a two hour run

Last edited:
Really excited for MWII I played the 19" version again. Replaying it now actually. With the early campaign access I'll be playing it by next Thurs. Of corse work has me working till 8 and in at 3 so really can't get too involved in it till later.

Old school video game nerds that liked the documentary The King of Kong, should check out another record-breaking attempt documentary of this era called Man vs. Snake. A dude who set the Nibbler world record in the 80s aims to do it again.

Except now he is old and has a job. Yes, Billy Mitchell makes a cameo.

Im a cheap-o so I still have a PS4 and a while back they gave away the nathan drake collection. Im on the last one. For me, decent story, good graphics and generally pretty fun to play.

I am currently playing Citizen Unite, it is a combination of Citizens of Earth and Citizens of Space.

I was a big Earthbound fan back in the day and was one of the few people that actually owned it for Super Nintendo.

Citizen United is a homage to Earthbound and it is pretty good so far. The best part about the game is the very subtle humor that they add in to many of the dialogs. If you are not an old school nerd this game would be wasted on you.

Last edited:
My Xbox One finally died. Power supply just won't go on anymore. Bought an Xb1X for $160 on eBay instead of dropping the $500 on a series X yet. Enjoying the faster load times and 4k graphics finally.

Im about halfway through Ultima I

Im going to attempt to play through all of them. If anybody is interested,( and I am sure youre not,:lol:) theyre all on sale right now for under $2 each. The graphics and interface are pretty crude at first but they have their charm. I'll be honest, the first few minutes were rough and I was not sure I could handle it but after about 25 minutes I got the hang of things and Im actually looking forward to seeing how each game improves over the other.

Last edited:
Well....I'm like 7 years and a console generation late, but I'm finally playing Fallout 4 for the first time :bowtie:

Huge Skyrim fan, but I've played that 3 times now, and I have been in the mood for a large ambitious open world game again for the past few months. 200 hour Witcher 3 is too intimidating for me right now though lol.
Done. I'm finally done. Almost 5 months. Just hit level 50, got thru all the main stories. Destroyed everybody and everything in Nuka World. Excited to be moving onto something else.

It's no Skyrim, but certainly a great game, in a great universe, in it's own right. As my first Fallout game, I'll definitely play 5 when it comes out....probably in another decade lol.

Users who are viewing this thread