What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Bowe, Blount, and Maclin just doomed me. I always have somebody every week that just lays an egg, but 3 is mighty hard to overcome

DWill + Shonn Greene in my lineup = :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Unless Brady puts up a big game (like 275/3) tomorrow night, something he just doesn't do much against Miami, I'm gonna lose b/c of the aforementioned clowns.

Drafted Cam Newton with my 15th round pick, dropped him for Ward when Foster hurt his leg (took Arian Foster with the first overall pick). When AF didn't go I started Stephen Jackson and DeAngelo Williams... yay. I also jumped on the Lance Kendricks bandwagon and left Rob Gronkowski on my bench. I'm up 3 right now, going to lose tomorrow (to a guy who left 95 points on his bench!) unless Brandon Marshall makes my 3 points good against Wes Welker and Janikowski. It's a PPR league, I'm basically hosed, right?

In my other league I started CJ and Mendenhall, Percy Harvin and Kaeding. I'm literally going to lose by 100 points.

I hate Fantasy Football.

SJax and Ryan Matthews are my RB1 and RB2 - and my opponent actually started Tolbert and kenny Britt. I currently have the 2nd highest score - he has the 1st. I still have Lloyd and Hernandez going tomorrow night vs. Gostkowski, so should be okay, but i'm not happy at all about losing Sjax - and Bradford is my QB2 in every league...so i'll be scrambling for a back up it looks like.

Who would of thought I'd be looking for a WW QB after week 1 having drafted Manning and Big Ben. Alex Smith was my Mr. Irrelevant and out scored them all.

Mendy, Bowe, AND Maclin...I hope Jacoby Ford looks good. Until Maclin gets his bearings he's riding the bench.

Worst FF outing possibly ever for me.

Made all the wrong calls as my bench outscored my starters at every single position and I will lose by a handful of points.

-Why does NBYS apply (and work) for eveybody on the planet except me?

-Why does Steve Smith (CAR) always always always play his best game of the year against me (he is my personal harbinger)?

My 2 running backs of Greene and Blount scored 3 points total. Has to be an all-time record. I may have the worst two backs in history of FFB.

What is NBYS?

Last edited by a moderator:
In FFPC main event:

6 starters: Eli, Mendenhall, Blount, VJax, Daniels, and Jets D combine for 38.4 points

4 On my bench: Flacco, Tolbert, Fred Davis, Ravens combine for 100.5

The first and what will now be the last time I took a kicker and defense early... Pitt Def & Nate Kaeding got me a combined -6 points and will cost me a win.

So glad I was able to get some "exit value" for 32 year old Steve Smith in one of my dynasty leagues this offseason. :wall:

cj2k what a loser

sjax injured after a nice couple of runs

colston. injured

amendola injured

mendenhall stuffed

bigben sucked

mike wallace couldnt get a score.

it was a crappy sunday

It sucks to have the 2nd most points of the week and still lost. I lost 179-127. The 3rd highest score will most likely remain under 100.

I'm happy my team put up 127, but WTF?

'krsone21 said:
'BobbyLayne said:
Good draft, picked the optimal lineup, 2nd highest score of the weekLost to the high scorerSSDY
I feel your pain BobbyLayne.Last year I had the 2nd highest scoring team in my dynasty league and it wasn't even close. I finished the season 6-7. Teams that normally sucked all year would somehow have their best game of the year against me even though most weeks I was in the top 4 in scoring. I love this game.
Schedule. Double. Headers. Problem solved.

Even though Tony Romo and Felix Jones both had respectable fantasy numbers last night, the three turnovers (Romo's two, and Felix was charged with a fumble on the last play of the game) cost me six points really late. Prior to that point, I was up 32, now I'm only up 26 with Green-Ellis left to play for my opponent.

For someone who likes to rack up TD's like Green-Ellis, those six points would have been really useful.

'nebfan said:
My 2 running backs of Greene and Blount scored 3 points total. Has to be an all-time record. I may have the worst two backs in history of FFB.

What is NBYS?
NBYS = Never Bench Your Studs

'krsone21 said:
'BobbyLayne said:
Good draft, picked the optimal lineup, 2nd highest score of the week

Lost to the high scorer

SSDY
I feel your pain BobbyLayne.Last year I had the 2nd highest scoring team in my dynasty league and it wasn't even close. I finished the season 6-7. Teams that normally sucked all year would somehow have their best game of the year against me even though most weeks I was in the top 4 in scoring. I love this game.
Schedule. Double. Headers. Problem solved.

Or problem multiplied by two (yes, it has happened to me before).

I lost 49-47 in my FFL league

Ways I lost this game

I had Kaeding at kicker he gets carted off on the opening kick off.

I had Tolbert on my bench 3 TDs

I was against Patrick Willis he gets a fumble recovery on the last play of the SF/Sea game for 2 pts

My opponent apparently uses a weegie board for picking his line up because he played Steve Smith who hasn't done anything in 2 years with a rookie QB over Mike Williams TB ??????????

I have Nicks he catches a 68 yard pass and pushed out at the 2

Carolina at the 1 yard line I have D-Williams and Newton runs it in…………

And finally I go into the Sunday night game down 49-43 with the only player left in D-Ware He gets 2 sacks in the 1st half to make it 49-47 then in the 4th a fumble Ware jumps on the ball and it squirts through his arms to a teammate…would have won the game if Ware recovered that ball.

:rant:

I dont know how its possible to make every lineup decision wrong. I benched Tates for Jacobs & Ingram. I benched Gronkowski for Kendricks. If I do any of those things differently I start the year off 1-0 instead of 0-1. So frustrating.

Starting Hernandez over Gronkowski in PPR...needing only 7 points :(

ETA - never mind :excited:

1st Fantasy League ever for me.

Matt Ryan, Blount, Vincent Jackson

PLayed against Steve Smith, Car.

Had Stafford and Kirtzpatrick on the bench.

Gonna need about 40 points from McFadden and the Raiders D.

Cheering on the Brady to Welker 99 yard touchdown pass to win my game.Then remembering I was going against them in two other leagues.Lost both of those games by less than 10 points :thumbdown:

'shadyridr said:
I dont know how its possible to make every lineup decision wrong. I benched Tates for Jacobs & Ingram. I benched Gronkowski for Kendricks. If I do any of those things differently I start the year off 1-0 instead of 0-1. So frustrating.
Oh, it is very possible to do this. In my case, It's probable...I have given up so many wins over the years in my main Auction League. My big goof this weekend? I sat Reggie Wayne (17 points) and started Steve Johnson(14points), 15 minutes before the games on Sunday. So what happened? I lost 95-93...by TWO POINTS....I also thought of swapping out Romo for Fitz in 2 other leagues....but didn't. That decision didn't cost me though...

can't be the only one that lost because McFadden got tackled on the 1 inch line
I think I got ya beat...possibly my most heartbreaking loss ever. I was up 60 pts with McFadden, Lloyd and Gostkowski and he had Marshall, Welker, Brady. He took the lead by 28 going into the late games. I lost by 2.4 pts! The McFadden tackle at the 1, Lloyd not in the game on the final drive (needed 11 more yards from him for 100 yard bonus), Gostkowski missing a FG and Mendy losing 6 yards and a fumble on a play where he never recieved the handoff. I won't even get into the Brady/Welker trashing. Monday night always gets me!!!

Start Lance Kendricks at TE this week and lost 84 to 73. Would have won 91 to 84 had I started Aaron Hernandez instead. :wall:
Same move cost me a game when I benched Gronkowski for Kendricks after listening to everyone go on about how Philly sucks at defending the Tight End and how much Bradford loves the guy. Serves me right for taking advice from a podcast when making my final pre-game roster adjustments.

can't be the only one that lost because McFadden got tackled on the 1 inch line
I think I got ya beat...possibly my most heartbreaking loss ever. I was up 60 pts with McFadden, Lloyd and Gostkowski and he had Marshall, Welker, Brady. He took the lead by 28 going into the late games. I lost by 2.4 pts! The McFadden tackle at the 1, Lloyd not in the game on the final drive (needed 11 more yards from him for 100 yard bonus), Gostkowski missing a FG and Mendy losing 6 yards and a fumble on a play where he never recieved the handoff. I won't even get into the Brady/Welker trashing. Monday night always gets me!!!
i went into MNF down 63 with Welker&DMac yet to play for me. Welker goes for 42 & DMC 16 in my league. i lose by 5. if DMC either a)gets the TD call for what sure appeared to be a TD or b)gets reinserted after the Broncos called timeout(&he'd gotten a breather), which would have been the classy thing,and he punches it in from half yard away---i win by 1. Ouch

Had the Patriots D, Matt Prater, and Lloyd going into MNF down by a few pts and facing little old Devone Bess. Well that Pats D played horrible, but ends with a decent 5 pts. Davone Bess decides to catch 90+ yards.

I believe after that game I was down by 10 pts.

Anyway, Prater misses a 57 yarder which I cant totally blame him for but it would have won for me and not cost me a -1 point.

Llloyd goes for 89, I watched in awe as he drops one deep throw seemingly more concerned about getting a flag (not mad at him tho), he gets targeted on a great deep ball but becuase of miscommunication (I will hope and say Orton) he goes deep and Orton goes for the fade to the sideline (INT) instead of a catch FTW! Lloyd then caught a bunch of underneath routes, 1 which he got put his total at 89 yards, unfortunately he also fumbled on that play and got the ball back. Lastly Denvers final scoring Drive Lloyd was only targeted once I believe, after a nice dink and dunk march down the field, LLoyd got nothing but then they get into FG range and I am thinking even a FG will get me a win this week, but a TD to LLoyd would be even better. Lloyd got the TD target which he jumped out of the endzone to the 1 to try to grab but no dice. Lance Ball scores on the next play and the extra point ties my score with 3 mins left. Den never kick the onsides, and in 3:00 the Defense blows it with multiple chances doesnt get the ball back. I am super pissed because I could have won in so many ways, if Lloyd catches that 2 yard pass its 90+ yards and not 89. I go to sleep.

Unbenounced to me ESPN scoring doesnt update, Lloyd's fumble was only counted as a -1 not -2 I lose the game by 1 point because of that, without the fumble I win! On top of it all Lloyd has a slight groin injury! DO I TAKE THE CAKE OR WHAT!

P.S. I never look at my bench and find pts and say I coulda started this guy unless he was really a top consideration before the game. I didnt trust Hernandez over Jimmy Graham, because it was too early, but I definately wanted to start Santana Moss or Derrick Ward over Mark Ingram. Who also failed (bad play calling even for the straight ahead run, telegraphed) at the GL as well.

Worst FF outing possibly ever for me.Made all the wrong calls as my bench outscored my starters at every single position and I will lose by a handful of points.-Why does NBYS apply (and work) for eveybody on the planet except me?-Why does Steve Smith (CAR) always always always play his best game of the year against me (he is my personal harbinger)?
ETA-I should never doubt Tom Brady. Despite turning in the lowest efficiency lineup I ever had, Brady pulled me out last night....I'm now in the "other" thread. :excited:

In one league, CJ2K, Fitz, Vjax, Finley and Big Ben helped me to be the lowest scoring player. Last night I went to bed in the work league I am trying to 3-peat in with a 73 point lead and Marshall starting... against Brady, Welker, and McFadden, to lose by ten.

In two leagues, Ben caused me injury. Matty Ryan made sure the pain was spread to the other two.

At least the season is all UP from here.

Can't believe raiders didn't challenge the DMC TD...2nd highest scoring team for me this week, lost by two points. It looked like an easy TD call...can't believe it. My team is loaded so I am not that concerned as I see myself in the playoffs abs in the running for the total points crown

Can't believe raiders didn't challenge the DMC TD...2nd highest scoring team for me this week, lost by two points. It looked like an easy TD call...can't believe it. My team is loaded so I am not that concerned as I see myself in the playoffs abs in the running for the total points crown
Yep. I lost by 3 in a similar situation. I can see why they didn't challenge it, though; the Campbell sneak was almost a guaranteed score and it pays to have your challenges late in a close game.

Great weekend for me.

I am a Colts season ticket holder! Woohoo! I don't even remember Manning defending passes, tackling running backs, and bringing down return men at all the last few years. :wall:

My leagues:

I lost with Jamal Charles, Chris Johnson, Knowshon Moreno as my starting RBs (They combined for good RB 1 numbers, though!). Started V Davis over Hernandez and Oakland over the 49ers. Doh!

Mike

Tolbert

#Q$@#$#%#$

On the other hand, Brady totally saved me in 2 leagues I had already accepted as losses.

Gotta love the "Wait Until The Later Rounds To Draft Your Quarterback" strategy. :rolleyes: I drafted FOUR GUYS with the assumption that ONE of them would turn out to be decent:

Sam Bradford

Matt Cassel

Donovan McNabb

Jason Campbell

Meanwhile, these quarterbacks went UNDRAFTED:

Cam Newton

Rex Grossman

Colt McCoy

Chad Henne

I should have just pooped on my cheatsheet. :wall:

I'd like to thank my team in my money league for collectively wetting the bed this week. How sad is it that I got double digit points from exactly two players, one of whom was my kicker, and the highest point output was 10.50 (from Charles)? :wall: :bag: :ptts:

Ended up on the wrong side of the Tolbert/Mathews coin flip (have Foster) by letting somebody in the advice folder make the decision. Made the change just before kickoff. Between that and Big Ben, who I loathe as a human being and is the only case where I might let personal feelings enter into my ff rosters, I lost by three points. I'm too educated at this point to be turning to others for starter advice. I suck.

INGRAM very scary to have him as my rb3 as Payton clearly is confused on how to use this back. Minimal carries, no receptions and a stuff at the goalline netted me 4 points..... :football: :football: Hope Ingram gets more carries/rec in the future with a few more goalline looks per game. It could have been the D also, but very scary with Ingram

Users who are viewing this thread