What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

i have the #1 waiver and McFadden is sitting there. You guys think he's going to remain atop the Cowboys backfield ROS? Personally I have no idea what's going to happen week to week and wonder if I really want to get involved. Didn't see this coming.
Nope

First off this is McFadden we are talking about. More carries = more risk getting hurt.

I think some like Randall.

As for CMike apparently nobody in two franchises likes him.
They're saying Randle might be out a while.

If I can get 4-5 weeks of solid RB2 production out of my waiver-wire pickup, I'll be more than happy.

NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Joseph Randle is dealing with an oblique injury.

Randle struggled with an oblique injury in training camp which forced him to miss the first preseason game. Getlin reports the Cowboys expect him to "miss some time." Darren McFadden dominated snaps on his way to 152 yards and a touchdown against the Giants Sunday. McFadden will be an RB2 even in a tough matchup against Seattle this week if Randle is forced to sit.
Source: Rand Getlin on Twitter
Oct 26 - 12:05 PM
I was likely going to drop Michael but this news will have me hold him for another week or two and see what happens. There's no one that I'm in love with on the wire except for Reed this week and I likely won't get him.

i have the #1 waiver and McFadden is sitting there. You guys think he's going to remain atop the Cowboys backfield ROS? Personally I have no idea what's going to happen week to week and wonder if I really want to get involved. Didn't see this coming.
Nope

First off this is McFadden we are talking about. More carries = more risk getting hurt.

If I can get 4-5 weeks of solid RB2 production out of my waiver-wire pickup, I'll be more than happy.

NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Joseph Randle is dealing with an oblique injury.

Randle struggled with an oblique injury in training camp which forced him to miss the first preseason game. Getlin reports the Cowboys expect him to "miss some time." Darren McFadden dominated snaps on his way to 152 yards and a touchdown against the Giants Sunday. McFadden will be an RB2 even in a tough matchup against Seattle this week if Randle is forced to sit.
Go for it.. but I don't think any situation involving McFadden is solid.
Already did, got him in both leagues and decided to start him in PPR over that bum Abdullah yesterday :D

He's the most talented RB on a team
Cmike is the most talented. Check your SPARQ scores bruh.
My league does not give me points for SPARQ scores bruh.

Nope

Go for it.. but I don't think any situation involving McFadden is solid.
Already did, got him in both leagues and decided to start him in PPR over that bum Abdullah yesterday :D

He's the most talented RB on a team
Cmike is the most talented. Check your SPARQ scores bruh.
My league does not give me points for SPARQ scores bruh.
I'm not aware of a league that does.

I'm not understanding a lot in this thread -- seems like a lot of conjecture over actual data.

Blue is the cuff; Polk is a COP, and Grimes used as the receiving back. When Foster was out the first 3 weeks, it was Blue that was the primary runner, with nearly twice as many attempts and 2.6x the yardage -- including his monster 31/139/1 game in week 3 against Tampa. Even after Foster returned, Blue still got more carries than Polk. So how is Blue not the guy here?

With Randle going out in the first quarter, you would think there would be no better situation to use CMike. Yet it was all McFadden -- DMac got the calls, and did fantastic with them. Meanwhile CMike did less with his 5 carries than Randle did with the two he got, then got outrushed by a no-name WR Lucky Whitehead. Yet CMike is a hold?

Amendola goes 8/86/1 but LaFell (with 2/25 and a few drops) is the better waiver play?

I'll be the first to admit that anything can happen, and in all three of these situations, the story isn't fully told. Can certainly see Polk challenging Blue if Blue struggles, or DMac getting injured, or the return of Lewis affecting Amendola's usage.

But it's headscratching why, at this point in time, with what we know of these teams, some are so convinced that bypassing a WW player who has already proven himself in situations already is the move.
Good analysis, but...I can't help but look at Blue vs. Polk and compare that to the W/L record.

Blue's biggest (and only big) game came in the TB win. Polk's WORST game came in the TB win.

Look at the Tampa game, and clearly, when Hou is winning, they run the ball...and Blue is the guy.

Look at ALL the other games, and Blue's carries are a lot fewer. Polk's production (at least in my 0.5PPR league) is a lot "better," relatively speaking.

To me, this is a decision based on how Houston will play the remainder of their games. If they're winning, it's Blue, clearly, and he might even put up serviceable numbers. If they're playing from behind, Polk will get the "majority" of the work...but honestly probably not enough to be serviceable.

Based on how they've been playing, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Houston only win 1 or 2 more games all year...which severely limits Blue's value. Mind you, I'm not advocating for Polk, just saying that I'd bet that for 7-8 of remaining 9 games, Polk will outscore Blue. I think both will be low-end RB3/RB4 plays in most weeks.

I'm not understanding a lot in this thread -- seems like a lot of conjecture over actual data.

Blue is the cuff; Polk is a COP, and Grimes used as the receiving back. When Foster was out the first 3 weeks, it was Blue that was the primary runner, with nearly twice as many attempts and 2.6x the yardage -- including his monster 31/139/1 game in week 3 against Tampa. Even after Foster returned, Blue still got more carries than Polk. So how is Blue not the guy here?

With Randle going out in the first quarter, you would think there would be no better situation to use CMike. Yet it was all McFadden -- DMac got the calls, and did fantastic with them. Meanwhile CMike did less with his 5 carries than Randle did with the two he got, then got outrushed by a no-name WR Lucky Whitehead. Yet CMike is a hold?

Amendola goes 8/86/1 but LaFell (with 2/25 and a few drops) is the better waiver play?

I'll be the first to admit that anything can happen, and in all three of these situations, the story isn't fully told. Can certainly see Polk challenging Blue if Blue struggles, or DMac getting injured, or the return of Lewis affecting Amendola's usage.

But it's headscratching why, at this point in time, with what we know of these teams, some are so convinced that bypassing a WW player who has already proven himself in situations already is the move.
Good analysis, but...I can't help but look at Blue vs. Polk and compare that to the W/L record.

Blue's biggest (and only big) game came in the TB win. Polk's WORST game came in the TB win.

Look at the Tampa game, and clearly, when Hou is winning, they run the ball...and Blue is the guy.

Look at ALL the other games, and Blue's carries are a lot fewer. Polk's production (at least in my 0.5PPR league) is a lot "better," relatively speaking.

To me, this is a decision based on how Houston will play the remainder of their games. If they're winning, it's Blue, clearly, and he might even put up serviceable numbers. If they're playing from behind, Polk will get the "majority" of the work...but honestly probably not enough to be serviceable.

Based on how they've been playing, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Houston only win 1 or 2 more games all year...which severely limits Blue's value. Mind you, I'm not advocating for Polk, just saying that I'd bet that for 7-8 of remaining 9 games, Polk will outscore Blue. I think both will be low-end RB3/RB4 plays in most weeks.
I actually don't think it's as fluid as that.

The way I read it is that Blue will be given the first opportunity to carry the load outside of obvious passing situations. But if Blue struggles, Polk may be given a shot at being the feature back. Or maybe even Grimes.

I think we need to see how it plays out over the next week or so.

Nope

I was likely going to drop Michael but this news will have me hold him for another week or two and see what happens. There's no one that I'm in love with on the wire except for Reed this week and I likely won't get him.
Yeah, I was all set to drop Michael in my main redraft, but sooner or later he could be the only healthy RB left on the Cowboys.

The way I read it is that Blue will be given the first opportunity to carry the load outside of obvious passing situations. But if Blue struggles, Polk may be given a shot at being the feature back. Or maybe even Grimes.

Yeah...I guess I could see that. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that Blue only had one big game though. I guess the potential answer is that "he struggles a lot."

I've got the #1 waiver claim in my league, and honestly, I'm not using it on Polk or Blue. I had Blue last year, and actually he helped me a lot, but the Texans just aren't running the ball like they were last year.

Yeah...I guess I could see that. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that Blue only had one big game though. I guess the potential answer is that "he struggles a lot."

I've got the #1 waiver claim in my league, and honestly, I'm not using it on Polk or Blue. I had Blue last year, and actually he helped me a lot, but the Texans just aren't running the ball like they were last year.
It's not just the one big game. It's the consistent ratio of carries Blue gets, and the situational use he has as the primary back. Not saying Polk is worthless -- to your point, as the receiving back on a team that throws a lot, he has value in PPR. And has latent value if Blue goes down or is ineffective.

But I don't see Polk's role changing right now as much as Blue's.

Heath Miller for the TE starved.

Big Ben should be back this week and Miller put up double digit points (ppr) the first two weeks when Big Ben was healthy. Miller averaged 8 points/game last year. Could do worse.

Lionsfan011 said:

Big Ben should be back this week and Miller put up double digit points (ppr) the first two weeks when Big Ben was healthy. Miller averaged 8 points/game last year. Could do worse.
Ben does lean on Miller from time to time, but also recall that Bell was out then. Bell often serves as the safety valve for Ben. Not very high upside, maybe a reasonable floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionsfan011 said:

Ben does lean on Miller from time to time, but problem is the first two weeks is that Bell was out then. Bell often serves as the safety valve for Ben. Not very high upside, maybe a reasonable floor.
Bell and Bryant were both out. Miller's not a terrible pickup if you're TE starved. Every league is different but most will have a few higher upside TEs available.

Does the shakeup with the Lions offense change anything for the Lions RB's? Theo Riddick is the most consistent Lions RB at the moment and more than likely sitting on WW's. Any Lions homers have a hunch on who the play going forward?

Nate Washington could be good again this week.

1.) Titans CB McCourty (hamstring) may be out, forcing their one decent CB to chase Hopkins around the field. All double-coverage will go to Hopkins side. Nate should be open a lot.

2.) Nate's been effective recently (albeit in garbage time...a situation unlikely to develop vs TEN)

3.) Nate could be a little extra fired up to face his old team.

Devante Adams is sitting out there on mine --
Mine too. Another #3 WR on a high scoring offense, Michael Floyd, hasn't been on a roster all year in my 12 teamer.

I find myself wondering why I'd care about Adams after ignoring Floyd the last several weeks.

Mine too. Another #3 WR on a high scoring offense, Michael Floyd, hasn't been on a roster all year in my 12 teamer.

I find myself wondering why I'd care about Adams after ignoring Floyd the last several weeks.
I certainly follow your logic but is he really the #3 WR in GB? It will be interesting to see how long it takes Davante to gain the snap count advantage on James Jones. Cobb is clearly #1A while Jordy was 1B. Now Jordy is gone, Cobb is dinged, they don't use the TE, the run game has been less than stellar and Adams is returning from a multiple week injury.

As for AZ, Floyd is clearly the #3 with the emergence of Brown b/c Fitz will stay on the field barring injury. If that injury does occur, Floyd will be a very hot WW commodity. Bottom line, both WR's have upside if given the opportunity and right now, it appears Davante holds the advantage over Floyd. Only time will tell, so place your bets.

Crazy. Go get him!
looking at it before the season, i couldnt find a packers #3 WR who produced at a startable fantasy level, so until jones or cobb miss time, i cant see adams doing much fantasy-wise on a consistent basis

orleans darkwa seems like a longshot for redraft leagues.... 4 man RBBC, they paid a pretty penny for vereen so he isnt going to lose touches, i can see darkwa moving ahead of the totally unimpressive andre williams but he'd need jennings to go down to get 15 touches a week.

wormburner said:
Khiry Robinson? RotoWorld included this line in their Mark Ingram blurb, "He also seemed to tweak something late, but didn't receive any treatment on the sideline."
if DNP today may be worth looking at

wormburner said:
Khiry Robinson? RotoWorld included this line in their Mark Ingram blurb, "He also seemed to tweak something late, but didn't receive any treatment on the sideline."
Interesting. Haven't heard about anything with Ingram so far, so who knows.

iamkoza said:
Gandalf said:
Crazy. Go get him!
looking at it before the season, i couldnt find a packers #3 WR who produced at a startable fantasy level, so until jones or cobb miss time, i cant see adams doing much fantasy-wise on a consistent basis
Agreed. Also, keep in mind that his next two opponents are Denver and Carolina. I still think he's worth a stash, but if you have a short bench it may be hard to justify holding on to him through two more unproductive weeks.

Short bench league, 1/2 PPR, have Kendall Wright as my WR4. Adams, Amendola, R. Matthews, Ginn, N. Washington all available.

I know this probably belongs more in AC forum, but figured they all might be available in a lot of other leagues too. Having a hard time deciding who to dump Wright for. Tenn sucks. NE & GB offense are enticing. Not thrilled about Ginn or Washington. Is Miami all of a sudden the real deal? Matthews was getting decent #'s even before this resurgence.

Only three players picked up this week in my league

Blue for $20

I picked up Amendola for a buck

Nate Washington for $7

Least activity on a wire since I can't remember when

Locket and Darkwa are still sitting on ww

Very underwhelming wire. Got Polk for free in one. Darkwa for free in another. Not much else out there.

Dude just bid his entire budget (first time he bid on anyone all year) on blue. He lost foster but he still has ingram ivory martin and Lynch

Dude just bid his entire budget (first time he bid on anyone all year) on blue. He lost foster but he still has ingram ivory martin and Lynch
I got Blue for 7.6% of my FAAB and it was really just a "#### it I'll bid but don't expect to get him" type deal. I'm sad that I actually won the claim haha.

Question: Looking at the games, looks like Grimes was the third down back pre-Foster/pre-injury...13 targets/11 catches in 1st 3 games.

He's back from injury; does he resume 3rd down back duties? All I've seen is Polk is the third down back but looked like Grimes had that gig. Did Polk take away?

Again, probably a backfield you'd want to avoid, but some teams are RB devastated and would love to get 5-7 pts PPR to avoid a doughnut. Could Grimes fill that void??

I'm sure he has been mentioned. Orleans Darkwa. The NY Giants running game has been atrocious with Jennings and Williams totting the ball. I would not be the least bit surprised if, Darkwa, at the very least starts this Sunday. I can see him getting 10-12 touches this Sunday. If you have a roster spot and can afford to watch this shake out, I would grab and stash this kid. I loved watching him run in the preseason, albeit, it was against 2nd and 3rd team defenses he looked pretty damn good.

Is Karlos Williams avail for you guys? I picked him up. Maybe he can come back after the bye from the scary multi-week concussion. He started the year on fire.

Is Karlos Williams avail for you guys? I picked him up. Maybe he can come back after the bye from the scary multi-week concussion. He started the year on fire.
Keep him and wait to see how things turn out. IMO it turns into a 50/50 split once they bye is over.

Jonathan Grimes could end up being best value. I expect him to shoulder the receiving portion of what Foster was doing which is what gave him so much PPR value. He's 1/5th the cost of Polk or Blue and could score more points

Jonathan Grimes could end up being best value. I expect him to shoulder the receiving portion of what Foster was doing which is what gave him so much PPR value. He's 1/5th the cost of Polk or Blue and could score more points
Grabbed him for free after waivers went through. Everyone was bidding on Blue and Polk.

Why not Nate Washington? He seems to be ranked so low and unpopular, yet his stats have been pretty decent. Hopkins is going off drawing double coverage and Hoyer (in 2 games they've played together this year) has thrown it Nate's way 1/3 of his throws.

Hoyer started week 1 and 7, Nate's best 2 weeks:

Week 1: 11 targets, 6 rec, 105 yds (Hoyer starting, 34 attempts)

Week 2: 8 targets, 3 rec, 63 yds

Week 3: 9 targets, 4 rec, 42 yds

Week 4,5,6: Out

Week 7: 16 targets, 9 rec, 127 yds, 2 TDs (Hoyer starting, 49 attempts)

Thinking of dropping my 4th WR Willie Snead for him ... Snead has been pretty consistent but his upside seems lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Nate. Esp when Cecil Shorts is out, which is always.

Houston runs the most plays in the leagues, and has the most pass attempts, and now of course no Foster.

Users who are viewing this thread