What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

Choose 1 Tajae Sharp , Elijah Moore , Zay Jones or People's Jones ..

Cedric Wilson if cedee doesn't play ?

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR

Jamal Agnew against Buffalo

Elijah Moore at Indy
Ooofff...flip a coin.

I gotta run so don't have time for.a deep dive but I think I probably would have landed on flip a coin.

ETA: FWIW when I hit Post my gut said Moore.

Or "feed me more", not 100% on that. 

Choose 1 Tajae Sharp , Elijah Moore , Zay Jones or People's Jones ..

Cedric Wilson if cedee doesn't play ?
Just give up and forfeit the week. 

Kidding. But those are some rough choices. I guess Zay on the dart throw that he inherits the Ruggs deep shots? All these guys have zero floor so might as well go for the upside. 

Just give up and forfeit the week. 

Kidding. But those are some rough choices. I guess Zay on the dart throw that he inherits the Ruggs deep shots? All these guys have zero floor so might as well go for the upside. 
When u have cee Dee lamb dinged toney dinged , locket n Metcalf on bye Antonio brown out Ridely out you could imagine 

When u have cee Dee lamb dinged toney dinged , locket n Metcalf on bye Antonio brown out Ridely out you could imagine 
Brutal. Glad Moore worked out for you, especially given that he spent most of the night catching balls from a third-stringer. You deserved a little good luck after all that.

Ungh, Parker now doubtful...who do you guys like b/w Hardman and Agnew?
If it's PPR I guess Agnew, without much confidence. But there is a real possibility they get shut out.

Agnew's seeing a little more target share than Hardman and is involved in the short passing game, which is likely all that Jacksonville will have time for.

I would pay attention to Travis Kelce's status. He was off on Monday night, I have no idea if it was just an off night but it really stood out.

It probably doesn't mean anything but the Chiefs traded a serviceable offensive lineman in Duvernay-Tardiff, when their line is underperforming, for a tight end, Dan Brown, that primarily plays special teams.

99% that had nothing to do with Kelce but it stuck in my lizard brain.

Agnew>Hardman

With the news that AJ Brown is now questionable I have a potential issue.

Full PPR

If Brown is a late scratch I have Jeremy McNichols as my only current option. I am unwilling to outright bench Brown for Pitts or Mike Williams play on Sunday 

Do I roll with McNichols or do I drop him for: Chase Claypool v Bears, Van Jefferson v Tenn or Darnell Mooney @ Pitt?

I was going to say the same thing but when I started looking into it a little bit it looks like Hyde isn't a very good receiver but he can catch dump offs. He's been serviceable in that role throughout his career. He caught 6 of 8 last week.

If Robinson is out they don't have many options in a game they are already down by 21.

It's tough to imagine Lawrence will have any more time in the pocket than he did last week. Hyde could be in line for maybe another 6-7 targets.

Hyde has close to zero chance to score and will be lucky to hit 50 total yards, but he could have 5 or 6 receptions.

ETA: It is very difficult to recommend him. 

Full PPR

If Brown is a late scratch I have Jeremy McNichols as my only current option. I am unwilling to outright bench Brown for Pitts or Mike Williams play on Sunday 

Do I roll with McNichols or do I drop him for: Chase Claypool v Bears, Van Jefferson v Tenn or Darnell Mooney @ Pitt?

If I understand...you can play either Jefferson or McNichols Sunday night if Brown is inactive?  If so, I'd wait and probably go with Jefferson if Brown is late scratched.

DarkKnightsGuru said:
I chose Elijah so didn't give up 
I benched Agnew and put in Moore about a minute before the game started. I have never been so happy in all my years of fantasy football when He caught that first TD. I've been making a lot of wrong choices this year in 50/50 situations so this felt good. 

Now watch Agnew go for 30 points. 

Tough call.

Assuming McCaffrey is still a week away you gotta figure Carolina is going to feed Hubbard. They have to know with or without Darnold their only path to victory is to feed the running game.

Herbert is another one who should see a lot of action. Williams is not a consideration.

So, between the two who has the toughest matchup? I go back and forth and don't have a great answer. Hubbard at home against a defense that has yielded a few more points to RBs.

Regarding Sutton I'm a big fan and you can throw on Dallas. But there is a lot of competition for targets and they would prefer to run as much as possible. 

Hubbard>Herbert>Sutton
Looks like Sutton has to go in for Nuk for me now, and will decide between CMC and Hubbard.

If I understand...you can play either Jefferson or McNichols Sunday night if Brown is inactive?  If so, I'd wait and probably go with Jefferson if Brown is late scratched.
Or Claypool or Mooney on Monday.

Full PPR

A Who do I roster question. This one has me all over.

PPR league and my RBs are Kamara, Barkley, Gibson, McKissic, Ingram and Adrian Peterson. I had Barkley stashed on our COVID list so I could pick up Peterson but Barkley was removed today from the COVID list. So I need to cut a RB.

I was hoping I could stash Barkley through the week to get a one-week look see how Peterson would do. That's off the board now.

So do I cut Ingram or Peterson now?

Kinda like the insurance that Ingram gives me but I also likethe reports out of Tennessee how Peterson has looked and I like their running game.

So who do I cut?

ETA: I also have AJ Brown so Peterson would give me a pivot at flex if AJ is out

PPR league and my RBs are Kamara, Barkley, Gibson, McKissic, Ingram and Adrian Peterson. I had Barkley stashed on our COVID list so I could pick up Peterson but Barkley was removed today from the COVID list. So I need to cut a RB.

I was hoping I could stash Barkley through the week to get a one-week look see how Peterson would do. That's off the board now.

Kinda like the insurance that Ingram gives me but I also likethe reports out of Tennessee how Peterson has looked and I like their running game.

So who do I cut?
I lean towards cutting Ingram. Unlike AARDP it is unlikely anyone picks Ingram up when you cut him so he should still be available to you next week (no guarantee of course, but likely).

Plus if Kamara goes down New Orleans suddenly looks a lot more like Houston than Tennessee.

I think ADP on the Titans produces as much as Ingram as the lead back in New Orleans, if not more.

I lean towards cutting Ingram. Unlike AARDP it is unlikely anyone picks Ingram up when you cut him so he should still be available to you next week (no guarantee of course, but likely).

Plus if Kamara goes down New Orleans suddenly looks a lot more like Houston than Tennessee.

I think ADP on the Titans produces as much as Ingram as the lead back in New Orleans, if not more.
That's the way I'm strongly leaning.

So who do I cut?

ETA: I also have AJ Brown so Peterson would give me a pivot at flex if AJ is out
I'm not a fan of Petersons next two games...Rams and Saints. He may give you a few good games but also some 14/32 type games as well. I think Mchnichols is gonna be more of the guy. People talk about how he hasn't run much but why would he when they have Henry. He's gonna get a ton of catches I think. I think Peterson is gonna be a dud. 

I'm not a fan of Petersons next two games...Rams and Saints. He may give you a few good games but also some 14/32 type games as well. I think Mchnichols is gonna be more of the guy. People talk about how he hasn't run much but why would he when they have Henry. He's gonna get a ton of catches I think. I think Peterson is gonna be a dud. 
You just had to make me start to rethink this all over again, didn't ya? 🤣

C-Bound said:
Ungh, Parker now doubtful...who do you guys like b/w Hardman and Agnew?
I'd go Hardman. Packers D is banged up, and unlike the Giants, likely focus all of their attention on Hill. Kelce is obviously the favorite to step up, but Hardman is likely next in line. Agnew does have 17 catches over his last 3 games, but its for barely over 150 yards and 1 TD. I'd rather roll with Hardman's upside. 

Full PPR

I highly doubt AJ Brown is in any danger this week. He's got a history of having weird practice schedules, so while most guys suddenly being DNP on a Friday is a bad sign, I don't think it means anything with him. He also was available to the media after practice, which guys in danger of not playing rarely are. 

That said, I really like Mike Williams this week. I think he's a top-10 WR, and am curious who you are starting over him. I think his recent struggles are very explainable, as he wasn't fully healthy against the Ravens, and the Pats and Belichick focused entirely on stopping him, as the Pats tend to do. 

So who do I cut?

I'd probably dump Ingram. Just has the least upside in my opinion. I'm also of the belief that Taysom Hill takes over sooner rather than later at QB, and that is just another guy taking GL TDs from Ingram.

I highly doubt AJ Brown is in any danger this week. He's got a history of having weird practice schedules, so while most guys suddenly being DNP on a Friday is a bad sign, I don't think it means anything with him. He also was available to the media after practice, which guys in danger of not playing rarely are. 

That said, I really like Mike Williams this week. I think he's a top-10 WR, and am curious who you are starting over him. I think his recent struggles are very explainable, as he wasn't fully healthy against the Ravens, and the Pats and Belichick focused entirely on stopping him, as the Pats tend to do. 
Thanks.

Mike Williams is firmly in my lineup along with Diggs & AJ.

I am not willing to bench AJ for a morning/afternoon on my roster (Pitts, Toney, Zack Moss or Javonte).

IMO My only options if AJ is a late scratch are McNichols (which is probably what I will do) Van Jefferson v Tenn or Claypool v Chi.

PPR League. Need to start two of the following. NOTE: I'm a projected underdog by 20 points (after J. Taylor ripped up the NYJ). Need ceiling not floor.

* AP @LAR -- No idea how many touches he'll get. Lot of "he's in great shape" talk. Figure 10-12 maybe. LAR rush D is where you attack, but Stafford and Kupp may get out in front and screw up the gamescript.

* C. Hyde vs BUF -- Horrible matchup for sure, but if Robinson is out, he could get the majority of the touches. Got six receptions last week when SEA destroyed Jax.

* T. Boyd vs CLE -- Has been third fiddle to Chase and Higgins but popped last week. However, Cinci may be turning to more of a pass offense now that Burrow has his feet under him. I could also see Cinci having a pass first strategy to get up on CLE and get them out of pounding Chubb. 

* AJ Dillon @KC -- Great matchup. Gotta figure GB pounds the rock with Love starting.

* K. Drake @NYG -- This feels like a dart throw. Have no logic on why this is an option.

* J. Agnew vs BUF -- Getting touches. Could get some garbage time points.

* D. Gore vs GB -- I'm already starting D. Williams so this would be doubling down on KC pounding GB. Highly risky especially if Mahommes gets back to being Mahommes and throws 5 TD passes.

Lot of cruddy options.

Which 2 do you go with?

Thanks

Decimal scoring. PPR:

Need 2 of the following:

M.Gordon @ Dall

A.Peterson @ LAR

C.Kirk @ SF

And 2 of the following:

M.Gordon @ Dall

A.Peterson @ LAR

L.Shenault vs Buff

M.Hardman vs GB

T.Smith vs ATL

V.Jefferson vs Tenn

And if Hopkins is out for AZ which 1 to plug in:

R.Gage @ NO

T.Smith vs Atl

L.Shenault vs Buff

PPR League. Wondering who is the best RB stash for the weeks ahead?

Note: I'm 7-1 and looking for long term potential and eye balling weeks 15-17 during the fantasy playoffs.

* AJ Dillon -- Just dropped. A homerun if A. Jones ever goes down.

* K. Drake -- A player everyone seems to love to hate. LV offense could roll. A lot of favorable matchups on the schedule ahead and Jacobs isn't always a picture of health. Minus Gruden, there may be more willingness to get Drake involved...especially with Ruggs now gone.

* J. Patterson -- Coming out of the Wash bye, maybe Gibson gets healthier. Chance Wash throws in the towel at some point and Patterson takes early down touch role just in time for fantasy playoffs.

Who is the best lottery ticket?

Thanks

Thanks.

Mike Williams is firmly in my lineup along with Diggs & AJ.

I am not willing to bench AJ for a morning/afternoon on my roster (Pitts, Toney, Zack Moss or Javonte).

IMO My only options if AJ is a late scratch are McNichols (which is probably what I will do) Van Jefferson v Tenn or Claypool v Chi.
Ok, I must have misread or something. 

I would probably go Claypool in the unlikely event that AJ is out, and would probably rather roster him than a couple of those guys. I probably value McNichols the lowest going forward. I imagine he's your RB5 at the moment, if you also aren't starting Javonte or Moss. 

PPR League. Need to start two of the following. NOTE: I'm a projected underdog by 20 points (after J. Taylor ripped up the NYJ). Need ceiling not floor.

* AP @LAR -- No idea how many touches he'll get. Lot of "he's in great shape" talk. Figure 10-12 maybe. LAR rush D is where you attack, but Stafford and Kupp may get out in front and screw up the gamescript.

* C. Hyde vs BUF -- Horrible matchup for sure, but if Robinson is out, he could get the majority of the touches. Got six receptions last week when SEA destroyed Jax.

* T. Boyd vs CLE -- Has been third fiddle to Chase and Higgins but popped last week. However, Cinci may be turning to more of a pass offense now that Burrow has his feet under him. I could also see Cinci having a pass first strategy to get up on CLE and get them out of pounding Chubb. 

* AJ Dillon @KC -- Great matchup. Gotta figure GB pounds the rock with Love starting.

* K. Drake @NYG -- This feels like a dart throw. Have no logic on why this is an option.

* D. Gore vs GB -- I'm already starting D. Williams so this would be doubling down on KC pounding GB. Highly risky especially if Mahommes gets back to being Mahommes and throws 5 TD passes.

Lot of cruddy options.

Which 2 do you go with?

Thanks
I'm not sure I'd trust AP right away. I'd go Boyd and Dillon, and Dillon would also be my long term stash. 

Decimal scoring. PPR:

Need 2 of the following:

M.Gordon @ Dall

A.Peterson @ LAR

C.Kirk @ SF

And 2 of the following:

M.Gordon @ Dall

A.Peterson @ LAR

L.Shenault vs Buff

M.Hardman vs GB

T.Smith vs ATL

V.Jefferson vs Tenn

And if Hopkins is out for AZ which 1 to plug in:

R.Gage @ NO

T.Smith vs Atl

L.Shenault vs Buff
Gordon, Shenault, and Hardman would be my calls. 

* AJ Dillon @KC -- Great matchup. Gotta figure GB pounds the rock with Love starting.

Lot of cruddy options.

Which 2 do you go with?

Thanks
Not a lot of upside there imo. I know that two of these guys will emerge over the others (or maybe some kind of tie, I guess).

I guess I like AARDP because I think he has a better chance to be good earlier in his comeback than later. The man is full of pride and confidence and by all accounts is a natural workout warrior ala Herschel Walker. I don't know what he'll do between the 20s but he will get the goal line touches. I wish it wasn't PPR for your sake and I wish it wasn't on the road against a tough opponent but we can't change that.

Goodness I hate suggesting Hyde here but you're right. If Robinson is out Hyde is in line for potentially a lot of dump off passes. He could catch eight balls (for 13 yards) as the dump off for Lawrence who we all presume will be running for his life all game. But I see almost zero TD upside.

I think Joe Burrow got his feet under him in week 2 last year when he went for 300+ & 3 at Cleveland. But what about Boyd? I don't know how much upside he has. In 78 games he has two career multi-TD games, five with double digit receptions, five more with eight plus receptions, ten 100 yard games. In four of 18 games with Joe Burrow, Boyd had 8 or more receptions for 100 or more yards. Only one this season. My hope was looking at those numbers would help me solidify my thoughts on Boyd. They didn't. You've got between a 13%-22% chance this is a Boyd week in Cincinnati.

Dillon has worked himself into a consistent role but where's the upside? 4 targets max and GB definitely gives Jones the goal line love. Dillon's upside is predicated on breaking off a TD on his own. It's a great matchup so maybe he'll get more opportunities to do it.

I love Drake. I have never understood why he wasn't a fixture lead back on some team for years. He is is behind a lead back that has trouble staying healthy and looked good the last two games. But what can we expect from the Raiders this week? Did they throw themselves into their work or is the loss in the locker room hanging like a dark cloud over them? As a practical matter how will the offense be impacted now that opposing safeties can play much closer to the LoS?

Agnew? No idea. That team quit early last week. It was horrible. It's why I have deep reservations about Hyde too.

Gore? No idea again. Was that legit on Monday or was that a fluke? He had a mediocre college career where he couldn't hack it at Alabama (behind Henry & Drake then Damien Harris & Josh Jacobs) and was unspectacular at Louisiana-Monroe in the Sun-Belt. I don't know if he has had injury issues but he's 26 years old and got his first touch last week. How can we scout this guy or determine upside based on that? I can't.

Okay a lot of words and we didn't get anywhere.

ADP>Boyd>Hyde/Dillon>Agnew>Gore

Zero confidence in any of that.

ADP>Boyd>Hyde/Dillon>Agnew>Gore

Zero confidence in any of that.

Lol.

That's the way I have it right now in my lineup as well. 

And also have zero confidence.

Was actually hoping CD Lamb/Gallup were out so I could grab C. Wilson. Or D. Slayton if all other NYG WRs were out. Nope. Think I'm stuck. 

Thanks as usual.

Okay, someone needs to laugh at my AARDP comment.

Get it? ADP + AARP = AARDP

That's comedy gold Jerry, GOLD!!!

My RB's are awful (Carson/Gibson).  I need a W this week!

Was able to Snag AP, Derrick Gore and Mark Ingram.  In a PPR, which two should I start?  

• AP not sure how many touches and against a tough Rams D w/ Von Miller now?  He's absolutely TD dependent
  • Gore looked good from what I saw last week and could be in line for more touches
  • Ingram Just like AP, he is TD dependent but with Simien starting and Taysom back, will Taysom get those opportunities? or did they bring him in specifically for those opportunities?  I don't see more than 8-10 touches max. 

So many studs it’s hard to choose but I need two of Carlos Hyde, ADP, Mack Hollins And Curtis Conley. 🤔

Was able to Snag AP, Derrick Gore and Mark Ingram.  In a PPR, which two should I start?  

• AP not sure how many touches and against a tough Rams D w/ Von Miller now?  He's absolutely TD dependent
  • Gore looked good from what I saw last week and could be in line for more touches
  • Ingram Just like AP, he is TD dependent but with Simien starting and Taysom back, will Taysom get those opportunities? or did they bring him in specifically for those opportunities?  I don't see more than 8-10 touches max. 
:confused:  I’ve lost track of Ingram 

I’d probably go gore and Peterson And party like it was 2009

Tyrod Taylor or Bridgewater at QB?  Really just need the more solid start in a 6 pt Pass TD league.

Tyrod coming off month-long injury and gets the start @ Miami or Bridgewater @ Dallas.

Could also roll with Ben on monday night vs Bears...              Thanks all !

Full PPR.  Was fully committed to starting Khalil Herbert, but David Montgomery has a "really good chance" to play on Monday.  Damien Williams is ruled out, so there is that.  Possible Montgomery is fully healthy and steps into the starter role, or possible he's just there as a backup since Williams is out and they need somebody to cover for Herbert in case he gets hurt.

Options
Monday - Khalil Herbert at Steelers
4 PM - AJ Dillon at Chiefs

Available on waivers
1 PM - Salvon Ahmed vs Texans
1 PM - Mark Ingram vs Falcons
1 PM - Ty'Son Williams vs Vikings
1 PM - Rex Burkhead at Dolphins
4 PM - Derrick Gore vs Packers

ETA - Also have Christian McCaffery - just got activated off of IR.

Not enjoying today’s activations.

Wilson in SF (and Mitchell nursing the rib injury)

McCaffrey in Carolina (needing Chuba another week)

Will have to be watching the game time decisions.  Hoping at least one of Eli or Chuba is a go for me.  Then if the other needs to sit I can flex Tee Higgins, or Javonte Williams, Or Adrian Peterson.

Will have to be watching the game time decisions.  Hoping at least one of Eli or Chuba is a go for me.  Then if the other needs to sit I can flex Tee Higgins, or Javonte Williams, Or Adrian Peterson.
I’m in a similar boat. In one league, I have Saquon, Chuba and Herbert as my RB2 options. So the guys I needed to play are sitting and vice versa. As of now my plan is to start Chuba if CMC sits and drop him for Javonte if he plays (I want to hold on to Herbert because I think he has more ROS value). 

In another league my RB2s are Robinson, Mitchell and Herbert. I’m less worried there, although things could still break against me. I think my fallback option is just to start Herbert and get whatever value I can, especially since I’m a heavy favorite

I’m in a similar boat. In one league, I have Saquon, Chuba and Herbert as my RB2 options. So the guys I needed to play are sitting and vice versa. As of now my plan is to start Chuba if CMC sits and drop him for Javonte if he plays (I want to hold on to Herbert because I think he has more ROS value). 

In another league my RB2s are Robinson, Mitchell and Herbert. I’m less worried there, although things could still break against me. I think my fallback option is just to start Herbert and get whatever value I can, especially since I’m a heavy favorite
Yeah have Saquon as well (and Chris Carson),  been living off the fill ins. 

Need to pick 4 from this list of WR/TE - Full PPR
Justin Jefferson at Ravens
Kyle Pitts at Saints
Jaylen Waddle vs Texans
Emmanuel Sanders at Jaguars
Jerry Jeudy at Cowboys
Kadarius Toney vs Raiders

Jefferson is automatic.  I think Waddle is too given the Texans defense and Parker is out (although Tua could be out with a finger injury).  I'm worried about Pitts getting double covered with Ridley out.  I'm worried about Sanders after a goose egg last week, plus the slot is the ideal place to attack the Jaguars, which points to a Cole Beasley day.  I like Toney with Sterling Shepard being out, but he has his own injury concerns.  Jeudy might be worth a look if the Broncos are forced to throw to catch up to Cowboys, but Broncos would certainly prefer to run if the can.

Need 2 RBs from the following (leaning toward the bolded).

• CMC
  • ADP
  • Mike Davis
  • D'Ernest Johnson
  • Ty'Son Williams

Tyrod Taylor or Bridgewater at QB?  Really just need the more solid start in a 6 pt Pass TD league.

Tyrod coming off month-long injury and gets the start @ Miami or Bridgewater @ Dallas.

I’d probably roll with Ben just because I don’t trust the others at all. 

I think it has to be AP. I can't be on the Gore bandwagon yet. Sure he looked solid last week but it's just so out of nowhere. I guess he could be a D'Ernest Johnson clone, who wasn't particularly impressive in college either. 

I liked ADP a little more before Tennessee brought Foreman up from the practice squad but I do believe the reports of his physical conditioning and think they will give him opportunities early not establish himself. There is a chance that he doesn't do anything with those opportunities and the game gets away from the Titans but I think he will at least have a chance. And if the Titans get to the goal line I imagine it will be ADP who gets the opportunity to finish.

Ingram gets table scraps as long as Kamara doesn't have two broken legs...and space herpes.

I wouldn't blame you for riding the hope of Gore upside, particularly if you're desperate for a home run, but I lean ADP.

ADP>Gore>Ingram.

So many studs it’s hard to choose but I need two of Carlos Hyde, ADP, Mack Hollins And Curtis Conley. 🤔
Well I had to look up Mack Hollins and Curtis Conley on PFT and only one of them was there so...

ADP>Hyde>>>>two guys I have literally, not figuratively, never heard.

ETA: Was it Chris Conley the WR from Houston? Never heard of him either (literally).

Bridgewater is a boring play but he's got a good chance to get you 220 & 1.5 It's a tough matchup though, that Dallas D went into Minnesota and shut down a good passing game. I also worry about the impact of the GM essentially acknowledging this was a gap year by trading Von Miller. But they stand a good chance of being down all day so maybe more opportunities.

I prefer Taylor's matchup by a good margin and if you needed more of a home run play I would go with him for sure. He's on an inferior team than Bridgewater and has fewer weapons and it's a game they could actually win so maybe, possibly more running?

Still I think Taylor is simply more dynamic, has a legit #1 target and faces a weak defense.

Big Ben is 200 & 1 pretty much locked in without much upside.

Tyrod>Bridgewater>Big Ben

Full PPR.  Was fully committed to starting Khalil Herbert, but David Montgomery has a "really good chance" to play on Monday.  Damien Williams is ruled out, so there is that.  Possible Montgomery is fully healthy and steps into the starter role, or possible he's just there as a backup since Williams is out and they need somebody to cover for Herbert in case he gets hurt.

Options
Monday - Khalil Herbert at Steelers
4 PM - AJ Dillon at Chiefs

Available on waivers
1 PM - Salvon Ahmed vs Texans
1 PM - Mark Ingram vs Falcons
1 PM - Ty'Son Williams vs Vikings
1 PM - Rex Burkhead at Dolphins
4 PM - Derrick Gore vs Packers

ETA - Also have Christian McCaffery - just got activated off of IR.
McCaffrey plays, you play him. You have no choice.

If he doesn't play Gore is the only waiver option you should consider and he plays a late game so you will know about McCaffrey before making a choice on Gore.

Between Dillon, Gore & Herbert, yeah that's tough. The Bears seem to love feeding their lead back and not giving him much of a break. I love what Herbert has done with his opportunities and think he has earned a Dillon/Pollard roll going forward but I have...concerns about Nagy.

Gore, to me is still such an unknown and I worry last week was simply an aberration. How can we know until we know.

Dillon definitely gets touches and may see as many as 15-16, but he's not really involved in the passing game and Jones gets the goal line touches. Dillon did finally gen an opportunity last week IIRC but IMO he needs to rely on breaking one off to find the end zone.

Yeah, I think Dillon>Herbert>Gore but you could certainly make an argument for any of them.

I like Elijah if he plays. I am not sure how much Wilson eats into his role but I know McCaffrey could easily make Hubbard entirely irrelevant. Of McCaffrey doesn't play Hubbard>Mitchell but I still don't think Wilson eats into his role too significantly.

After that

Tee>ADP>Javonte

Solid logic. 

Need to pick 4 from this list of WR/TE - Full PPR
Justin Jefferson at Ravens
Kyle Pitts at Saints
Jaylen Waddle vs Texans
Emmanuel Sanders at Jaguars
Jerry Jeudy at Cowboys
Kadarius Toney vs Raiders

Jefferson is automatic.  I think Waddle is too given the Texans defense and Parker is out (although Tua could be out with a finger injury).  I'm worried about Pitts getting double covered with Ridley out.  I'm worried about Sanders after a goose egg last week, plus the slot is the ideal place to attack the Jaguars, which points to a Cole Beasley day.  I like Toney with Sterling Shepard being out, but he has his own injury concerns.  Jeudy might be worth a look if the Broncos are forced to throw to catch up to Cowboys, but Broncos would certainly prefer to run if the can.

I think Jeudy is out. There are too many other targets plus they are committed to trying to run and their QB is a game manager at best.

IMO it comes down to Pitts v Toney.

Without Shepard, Toney absolutely makes sense. He should see volume and I am not concerned about his ankle. I am, however concerned about his QB because Jones can be very streaky and his downside is literally 0. I have no idea what to expect from the Raiders but they have a top quality front four. If they come to play it could be a long day for Jones.

Pitts will get doubled and New Orleans is a strong D. But they are no longer a strong offense and Pitts is going to see more guaranteed volume than Toney. He is being put into a position that we kind of want our rookie high round picks to be in. He is being asked to be the alpha, the question is will he respond?

Ultimately this is a coin flip. I think they have similar ceiling but...yeah this one is spinning my noodle.

You have two good options, go with your gut.

ETA: when I hit the post button my gut said Toney

Users who are viewing this thread