What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

Wingnut said:
Agreed.

I'm having a White Oak Jai Alai. I'ts good but I'm just not a huge fan of oak in beer...and the dill notes are just weird. Lol

:shrug:

I might check out a Unicorn - Ninja fight later.
I tend to hate "oaked" beer. especially in IPA form.

New Glarus Serendipity. Really good. A little on the sweet side so you would think that would make it really tough to drink a lot of but then the tartness hits and helps offset the sweetness. That said, 750ml is a lot of this beer at once because it is really sweet.
Trashed for a bottle of that and a few other NG fruit beers in June...still have a Serendipity...waiting for the right time to try it.
I have a Strawberry Rhubarb in the fridge too. I have had the other 2 - Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart. That was a long time ago though.

I didn't know how I would feel about drinking a whole bottle of this but it's really growing on me. It's almost like juice. So easy to drink. Going up to WI again tmw...might have to pick more of this up.

You try the Scream yet?
IMO, they're very good when blended with stouts. If I'm trying to take one down by myself, I usually drink 1/2 the bottle normally and blend the other half with a stout....Victory Storm King always works well and I always have it on hand.

I can take down the Belgian Red but usually don't do an entire bottle of Strawberry Rhubarb or Raspberry Tart. Serendipity was a good blender too.

The pumkings are back. I love these things! Missed out on the early Good Gourde release from CCB, but they are going to have more soon. That is my favorite pumpkin, PumKing is a suitable substitute.

Wingnut, look out for Florida Ave. brewing IPA. I grabbed a 6er at PUBLIX the other day. Pretty good, not too hoppy. Kind of refreshing.

FL peeps. what's the word on Salt Water Brewing? Turns out I know someone who moved there from here and is working there.

The pumkings are back. I love these things! Missed out on the early Good Gourde release from CCB, but they are going to have more soon. That is my favorite pumpkin, PumKing is a suitable substitute.
CCB just released bottles of Good Gourd in their taproom today...4 per person limit. Get em while you can, they probably won't last but a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Glarus Serendipity. Really good. A little on the sweet side so you would think that would make it really tough to drink a lot of but then the tartness hits and helps offset the sweetness. That said, 750ml is a lot of this beer at once because it is really sweet.
Trashed for a bottle of that and a few other NG fruit beers in June...still have a Serendipity...waiting for the right time to try it.
I have a Strawberry Rhubarb in the fridge too. I have had the other 2 - Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart. That was a long time ago though. I didn't know how I would feel about drinking a whole bottle of this but it's really growing on me. It's almost like juice. So easy to drink. Going up to WI again tmw...might have to pick more of this up.

You try the Scream yet?
IMO, they're very good when blended with stouts. If I'm trying to take one down by myself, I usually drink 1/2 the bottle normally and blend the other half with a stout....Victory Storm King always works well and I always have it on hand.
This sounds delicious.

Drinking a Scream right now that Ditka hooked me up with. Awesome beer and one I that NG should definitely brew again, I've had so many IPAs and DIPAs this last month, I'm not sure how to rank them. Alpine Nelson was definitely the most unique- almost with a chardonay quality to it. As for favorites, probably Alpha King, Mars and Pure Hoppiness. But I mean Scream and Ninja vs Unicorn are so good too.

My girlfriend got me a six pack of Miller Fortune. I've been switching between that and Miller Lite lately. Fortune is noticeably stronger and you can get a little but of that in the taste. But overall it's still a really good beer, and doesn't take long to get a buzz.

Local breweries St Somewhere and Redlight Redlight Collaborated on a beer called Singe Puant (meaning smelly monkey), its a Durian fruit Saison.

Durian. The fruit that not even Adam Zimmern won't eat.

Ive had beers with funk, but this one would take the cake.

CCB just released bottles of Good Gourd in their taproom today...4 per person limit. Get em while you can, they probably won't last but a few days.
Looks like I am headed there tomorrow! Thanks for heads up!

All very local tonight at the restaurant/bat

Pretty Things Jack D'Or ==might be my favorite saison…. A

Mystic Brewery India Warf Pale Ale==solid B+

Idle Hands Cotton==another saison/farmhouse ,despite phenomenal BA scores. It just didn't too anything for me. Funky taste ..D=/C-

Pipeworks Unicorn Hits Rock Bottom. I really like this beer, its a true Citra bomb. Delicious.

Thanks Ditka311!

Eta: dammit, spilled about half a pint of it on my coffee beer table. Sonofa...

My girlfriend got me a six pack of Miller Fortune. I've been switching between that and Miller Lite lately. Fortune is noticeably stronger and you can get a little but of that in the taste. But overall it's still a really good beer, and doesn't take long to get a buzz.
OK.

Friday night was Founder's All Day IPA and Solemn Oath's None More Black Farmhouse Ale.

Tonight, I think the bomber of Door County's Goat Parade (Smoked Imperial Stout) will go well fine the Pot Roast that's in the oven.

Not the best beer, but it needs to be consumed sometime.

Went to a beer feet yesterday. Lots of the big barrel-aged beers we all know, KBS, Bourbon County Barleywine, Parabola, Sucaba, Black Note and such. Some of my favorites that I'd never had before:

Hill Farm Florence

Captain Lawrence Brett IPA

Big Ditch Wedding of the Waters (special offering from a local place opening this week)

Goose Island Gillian

Probably my favorite was Allagash Evora. Brett golden ale aged in Portuguese brandy barrels. Really a nice beer.

Also had Oracle side by side with DFH 120 and they were remarkably similar. Both still taste more to me like barleywines than IPAs. 2-4 oz is fine but I can't see myself taking down a bottle of one of these solo. I've only had like 1-2 bottles of 120 solo and it's always such a bear to get through.

Picked up the following on the way back from a fishing trip in WI:

Alesmith IPA

Lakefront Imperial Pumpkin (aged in brandy barrels)

Founders Mosaic Promise

GL Nosferatu

The first is really the only one I can't get in IL but figured why not...

Pipeworks Unicorn Hits Rock Bottom. I really like this beer, its a true Citra bomb. Delicious.

Thanks Ditka311!

Eta: dammit, spilled about half a pint of it on my coffee beer table. Sonofa...
Went back to the store I found it today and they are all gone. Plenty of Ninja vs Unicorn and some Marilime Law (IPA with lime rind and juice). Passed for now. Was hoping I would find Citra Ninja...no luck.

Drinking a Scream right now that Ditka hooked me up with. Awesome beer and one I that NG should definitely brew again, I've had so many IPAs and DIPAs this last month, I'm not sure how to rank them. Alpine Nelson was definitely the most unique- almost with a chardonay quality to it. As for favorites, probably Alpha King, Mars and Pure Hoppiness. But I mean Scream and Ninja vs Unicorn are so good too.
Really big fan of Mars. I heard it was a one and done but I really hope not.

In Philadelphia last night, several draft Flower Powers, Yards IPA on cask and a couple different house brett ales at a brewpub.
which brewpub?
Earth Bread and Brewery.The flower Power and Yards were at a bar nearby, brett stuff and a few others were at the Earth Bread place. They do a good job there, would recommend.
Yeah, I'm actually getting married there next year. My fiancee is good friends with the owners.

McMenamin's the nearby bar, I assume?

Long Ball Larry said:
CletiusMaximus said:
In Philadelphia last night, several draft Flower Powers, Yards IPA on cask and a couple different house brett ales at a brewpub.
which brewpub?
Earth Bread and Brewery.The flower Power and Yards were at a bar nearby, brett stuff and a few others were at the Earth Bread place. They do a good job there, would recommend.
Yeah, I'm actually getting married there next year. My fiancee is good friends with the owners.

McMenamin's the nearby bar, I assume?
Correct - We had a good time at McMenamin's. Great tap list, good food, and walkable from my friend's house.

I broke out a Bourbon County Cherry Rye (2012) from my cellar over the weekend to celebrate my friend's wedding. It was fantastic. It had the classic Bourbon County notes of chocolate, coffee, bourbon, charred oak, and vanilla mixed with a really nice authentic cherry character throughout and some spiciness from the rye whiskey. It tasted like a chocolate covered cherry infused with bourbon. It was so smooth with two years of age on it. A real treat.

I also had some Ithaca Flower Power IPA, Southern Tier Pumpking, and Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale -- all of which I really enjoyed.

Just picked up 4 growlers of Crank IPA...Cycle has $5 growler fills and $6 crowlers on Mondays...so 8 pints @ $2.50 each, which is cheaper than Bud, Miller and Coors at most places.

Best deal of any brewery in Tampa Bay.

Just picked up 4 growlers of Crank IPA...Cycle has $5 growler fills and $6 crowlers on Mondays...so 8 pints @ $2.50 each, which is cheaper than Bud, Miller and Coors at most places.

I picked up 4 of the CCB Good Gourd on Sunday, and tried it on Nitro in the bar. Good stuff! I also went by my local Brass Tap and they have PumpKing on tap. You can actually get that filled in growlers there they said.

Rivertown Brewing Co. Pumpkin Ale. Went to the grocery today and was overwhelmed by the selection of pumpkin beers. Need to start remembering which ones I've tried so I can hit them all.

Quez said:
Wingnut said:

I picked up 4 of the CCB Good Gourd on Sunday, and tried it on Nitro in the bar. Good stuff! I also went by my local Brass Tap and they have PumpKing on tap. You can actually get that filled in growlers there they said.
Nice! Glad you made it there to get some. I found some at Total Wine the first release, haven't drank it yet...I did try the nitro though, I liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread