What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

palmersteel, box is all packed up and ready to go.

9 different beers...6 different styles...from 6 different Tampa Bay breweries.

:popcorn: :banned:

Edit to add one more. Crazy that theres 6 TB breweries in the box, but no 7venth Sun...they didn't have the beer I wanted to send so I skipped em this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hosting a true Presidents' Day party tonight. I've got a bunch of 21st Amendment beers for it.... Brew Free or Die (Mount Rushmore on the can), Fireside Chat (FDR) , and Sneak Attack (Washington crossing the Delaware).

Rapp Gose...just mowed the lawn and this beer is perfect for right now.

Tried their Imperial Berliner Weiss yesterday...I wish I would have grabbed a growler of it.

Pliny the Younger

Pliny the Elder

Comrade Hop Chops imperial IPA

Former Future Salted Caramel Porter

Former Future Brimful multi-grain saison

If I am ranking the imperial IPAs, I would go PtY > Comrade Hop Chops > PtE. Comrade's Superpower IPA is the best IPA in Colorado in my opinion, and their new Hop Chops was not far off from Pliny the Younger. Comrade is really killing it right now.

Pliny the Younger

Pliny the Elder

If I am ranking the imperial IPAs, I would go PtY > Comrade Hop Chops > PtE. Comrade's Superpower IPA is the best IPA in Colorado in my opinion, and their new Hop Chops was not far off from Pliny the Younger. Comrade is really killing it right now.
:finger: for having PtE and PtY. :angry: Eta: I'm having a TBBC Reef Donkey APA. Solid beer.

Pliny the Younger

Pliny the Elder

Hell yeah. Where is comrade and former future? Coming to denver in July for future brother in laws bachelor party

Hey Sebowski - I am in Newport Beach for work on Wednesday and flying out of San Diego on the redeye. Should have a few hours to kill with craft beer, dinner, and the UNC duke game. Want to grab a pint?

Cigar City Strawberry Shortcake Lager (brewed in honor of the Plant City strawberry festival coming up). It smells amazing but the taste is just OK.

Rapp Broyhan. This is a damn nice beer. Tastes like a mix of a Berliner and a Gose...at 6.9% ABV it packs a nice punch, and even more than their Imperial Berliner. Glad I got a growler filled.

I think I know where to get you guys Double Crooked Tree. I had one a week ago. I think the party store still has some.

Anyone have any success losing weight without cutting back on beer? Asking for a friend :oldunsure:
Can't say that I have but I will be giving up booze for Lent** so I should lose the 20 or so I need to rather easily.

**except for a couple of pre-planned social events that I am exempting myself from

Anyone have any success losing weight without cutting back on beer? Asking for a friend :oldunsure:
Yes. Just upped my cardio from 4 to 5 days a week and replaced a lot of my carbs with proteins and veggies. I have a really high metabolism though and was just looking to knock off 10 pounds.

Yes. Just upped my cardio from 4 to 5 days a week and replaced a lot of my carbs with proteins and veggies. I have a really high metabolism though and was just looking to knock off 10 pounds.
Cardio...ugh...you could always switch to drinking american light lagers...or Mich ultra.OK cardio doesn't sound so bad.

hi sebowski, I switched to a 16/8 eating regime in January and I find myself being able to eat more calories without gaining weight. also cut my carbs a tad. I don't drink daily, but would assume same principle may help?

hi sebowski, I switched to a 16/8 eating regime in January and I find myself being able to eat more calories without gaining weight. also cut my carbs a tad. I don't drink daily, but would assume same principle may help?
I have never heard of this, but it's what I normally have been doing for much of my adult life. Breakfast makes me sleepy. At school, lunch time is around 11. School gets out around 3 and I have a small snack. Then I workout and its around 6 and I eat dinner. I never thought that was some kind of real diet plan.

I want 15lbs off and want to give myself 3 moths to do it. Seems reasonable. found and a half a week... Just back to the high end of what I used to weigh. I've started on the veggies vs. carbs thing, but I've always been a heavy carb guy. Cardio... Working on that too. Never work out for the sake of it. Just trying to increase my soccer from 1 day a week to 3. And walking to more places that I might be tempted to drive to. And cutting back on my night caps when possible.

Oh man...a day after I send a box in a trade, Cigar City releases 4 packs of White Oak Jai Alai, and bombers of a DIPA for Tampa Bay beer week...I had to pick up some of both...the WOJA is fantastic, I didn't care for it much when I first tried it a few months ago, but damn if it isn't silky smooth and delicious.

I want 15lbs off and want to give myself 3 moths to do it. Seems reasonable. found and a half a week... Just back to the high end of what I used to weigh. I've started on the veggies vs. carbs thing, but I've always been a heavy carb guy. Cardio... Working on that too. Never work out for the sake of it. Just trying to increase my soccer from 1 day a week to 3. And walking to more places that I might be tempted to drive to. And cutting back on my night caps when possible.
Depending on your metabolism, I would think that it should work out if you keep that up. I lost the 10 pounds in a month or so.

Pliny the Younger

Pliny the Elder

Hell yeah. Where is comrade and former future? Coming to denver in July for future brother in laws bachelor party
Both Comrade and Former Future are located in Denver. Comrade is kind of out in random spot in southeast Denver, and Former Future is located along Broadway in south Denver. Both breweries would be cool places to check out for a bachelor party.

Let me know if you want any recommendations of breweries/brewpubs to visit in Denver this summer for the bachelor party.

This weekend, I went to the first bottle release for Black Project Spontaneous and Wild Ales, the side project of Former Future Brewing in Denver. It was a pretty cool event. They released a total of only 48 bottles of their Flyby spontaneous sour ale, which won a GABF medal in the experimental beer category last year. I was able to get two bottles of it, which were individually signed and numbered by the brewer. It really doesn't get much rarer than that. The owner/brewer of Former Future James Howat is a former microbiologist, and his new Black Project uses spontaneous fermentation to brew sour ales by allowing the wort to cool on the roof of the brewery while collecting wild yeast and microbes in air.

Last night, I drank a bottle of the other sour ale they released called Black Project Jumpseat, which was a blend of the Flyby and another wild ale dry-hopped with Citra, Mosaic, and Equinox hops. It was one of the best sours that I've had in the past year (and I drink lots of sours). It had huge tropical fruit notes of guava, passionfruit, mango, and pineapple combined with some tart citrus notes of orange and lemon and some Brett funkiness. It was really impressive.

Pliny the Younger

Pliny the Elder

Both Comrade and Former Future are located in Denver. Comrade is kind of out in random spot in southeast Denver, and Former Future is located along Broadway in south Denver. Both breweries would be cool places to check out for a bachelor party.

Let me know if you want any recommendations of breweries/brewpubs to visit in Denver this summer for the bachelor party.
Definitely will. Doing Rockies game Friday, Avert Brothers at Red Rocks Saturday. Prob brewery hop Fri-Sun. I've been to Avery, Great Divide, Oskar Blues, Breckenridge, Twisted Pine, Upslope, Mountain Sun. Would like to check out some new ones for sure. I'm sure we'll hit Falling Rock, Craft, and Euclid Hall as well but always open for suggestions.

Drinking a Cigar City Tampa Bay Beer Week DIPA bomber. ABV is reportedly about 9%.

Its like a Jai Alai on steroids. Very juicy, not too heavy or sweet, very hoppy and almost bright for a DIPA. Ridiculous drinkability. This is a dangerous beer...it drinks like an IPA.

Edit: it just hit me - this beer reminds me a LOT of NoDa Hop Drop & Roll taste-wise. I've got some HDR on the way, and will do a side by side and see if my memory serves me right.

:pickle:

Just negotiated a trade for 5..yes, five bottles of Pliny the Elder. I've never had it before.

I'm giving up two 4-packs of White Oak Jai Alai and 2 bombers of Cigar City TB Beer Week DIPA. Pretty much a dollar for dollar trade ($38 for me, $35 for him) I'll take that deal all day long.

Users who are viewing this thread