What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (13 Viewers)

Not gonna read all this but has anyone had an Old School from Dogfish Head brewery? It's 15% by volume and not sure I have ever been as drunk on beer as this past Friday because of this stuff.

Not gonna read all this but has anyone had an Old School from Dogfish Head brewery? It's 15% by volume and not sure I have ever been as drunk on beer as this past Friday because of this stuff.
Absolutely. I found it a bit too sweet, syrupy and cloying after a while. And the 15% whooped my ###.

Enjoying a Founders Backwoods *******.

Very good beer. Visited my local beer store and came home with Fantome, Alpha Klaus, Jolly Pumkin, Moylans Kilt Lifters, Southern Tier Chocolat Stout, and others. Just saving those for a later date.
Three Cellars?
There's a place on Oklahoma in Milwaukee called Discount Liquors that's got a nice selection also.
I've been to Discount nice place. I live just south of Milwaukee so the trip to Three Cellars is easier. Add to it that I can buy a beer off the shelf and drink it in the store.Just finished off a Founders Porter now on to a Three Floyds Robert the Bruce.

Carolina Blonde

Made with 100% real barley (not rice like the mass-produced guys), our signature Blonde is a full-bodied golden ale with a smooth refreshing taste. For a quick chill down, try it in cans- the perfect non-breakable package perfect for poolside, boating or tailgating.

:moneybag: Surprisingly good stuff AND made about an hour away from me :thumbup: . Kinda reminds me of Sam Light, sightly different after-taste but a quality beer for $6.99/six pack.

Black Butte XX

Alesmith Speedway

SN Torpedo

Flossmoor IPA

RR Temptation (batches 1,2 & 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a huge fan of Lagunitas in general, and specifically, the 6 of Sirius Cream Ale I pikced up last night. It's like drinking a Tetley's or Boddington's, but with a gorgeous IPA finish. Tremendous drinkability for a 7.2 ABV beer, too.

Wow, it's been a long time since I have been here on FBGs and in this thread that was my home for a long time. Too busy over at TBS.

Yesterday I had...

Mt. Pleasant Coal Stocker Blackberry Ale

Founders Porter x2

Mahar's Anniversary Mild growler

Had a 25 ozer of this a few nights ago.

It was remarkably smooth but complex at the same time. A great combination of flavor and "smoothness", especially considering the 9% ABV. Definitely something I'd buy again, but it was like $10.99 for the beer.

It was remarkably smooth but complex at the same time. A great combination of flavor and "smoothness", especially considering the 9% ABV. Definitely something I'd buy again, but it was like $10.99 for the beer.
Chimay Blue is a nice beer that ages well for quite a few years. :unsure:
The date on the cork said 04/08, so I guess it was 10-11 months old. I would have held onto it for a bit longer if I had known...ETA: assuming that was a date :unsure:

Chimay Blue is a nice beer that ages well for quite a few years. :unsure:
The date on the cork said 04/08, so I guess it was 10-11 months old. I would have held onto it for a bit longer if I had known...ETA: assuming that was a date :unsure:
Yeah, that's the date. I haven't had any real old ones, but have heard from others that they are good at 5+ years.

Evilgrin 72 said:
I'm a huge fan of Lagunitas in general, and specifically, the 6 of Sirius Cream Ale I pikced up last night. It's like drinking a Tetley's or Boddington's, but with a gorgeous IPA finish. Tremendous drinkability for a 7.2 ABV beer, too.
Just finished off a 6 of Lagunitas Imperial Red, great stuff. Also got a bomber of the Hop Stoopid last week which was great as well.

Friend's birthday coming up on Friday. I am taking a 2006, 2007, and 2008 Expedition stout to him. One of the few perfect beers for me, and they just get better with age.

Drinking their IPA for the first time right now...I'm liking it a lot.It's a lot smoother than a lot of IPAs I've tried in the past, with a non-overpowering hoppy taste you'd expect with an IPA. I could see myself drinking way too many of these in one sitting and not feeling well the next morning :goodposting:

Had some of this earlier in the week:

Terrapin Rye Pale Ale

By using an exact amount of rye, a grain seldom found in other micro brewed beers, the Rye Pale Ale acquires its signature taste. Made with five varieties of hops and a generous amount of specialty malts, it offers a complex flavor and aroma that is both aggressive and well balanced – a rare find among beers.

The Terrapin Rye Pale Ale was released in Athens, GA in April of 2002 at the Classic City Brew Fest. Six months later this beer which was sold only in Athens was awarded the American Pale Ale Gold Medal at the 2002 Great American Beer Festival, the most prestigious competition in North America. We hope you will agree with our peers in the brewing industry that this is truly one of the best pale ales in the country.

Malt: 2-row pale, Munich, Malted Rye, Bisuit Malt, Honey Malt.

Hops: Amarillo, Cascade, East Kent Goldings, Fuggle, Magnum.

IBU’s: 45

O.G.: 13.5

ABV: 5.3%

Not bad and the more I drank the more it grew on me but it's not my kinda beer. Too bitter for my tastes.

On the recommendation of Jaysus I tried this last night:

Victory Prima Pils

Grand Champion Pilsner: United States Beer Tasting Championships 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Heaps of hops give this pale lager a bracing, herbal bite over layers of soft and smooth malt flavor. This refreshing combination of tastes makes Prima a classy quencher in the tradition of the great pilsners of Europe. Dry and delightful, this is an elegant beer.

Malts: 2 row German pilsner malt

Hops: German and Czech whole flowers

Alcohol by volume: 5.3%

It was pretty freakin' awesome. I'd happily buy a case and not leave the house till it was gone :thumbup:

O'so Hoppdinger, then on to a Lake Louie Tommy Porter

All while thinking three weeks from now I will be getting ready to head to 3 Floyds for my Dark Lord allotment. :unsure: ;) :unsure:

Victory Prima Pils

Grand Champion Pilsner: United States Beer Tasting Championships 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Heaps of hops give this pale lager a bracing, herbal bite over layers of soft and smooth malt flavor. This refreshing combination of tastes makes Prima a classy quencher in the tradition of the great pilsners of Europe. Dry and delightful, this is an elegant beer.

It was pretty freakin' awesome. I'd happily buy a case and not leave the house till it was gone ;)
I've heard this is awesome before. I need to find some place I can get my hands on it.

Hapoon Leviathon. Pretty good. Also Snake Dog IPA. Also decent. I'm craving a Sam Adams Winter though.

Bear Republic Racer 5

Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye

Things are getting pretty sparse now. Down to Shiner Bock, Guinness and Heinekin.

After seeing this thread again I popped an old favorite in the fridge for an hour. Getting ready to pop the cork on a St Bernardus Abt 12 60th anniversary edition :(

Abita Beer - http://abita.com/brews/strawberry.php

It may sound sissified, but its prety damn good for a spring/summer beer.

Victory Prima Pils

It was pretty freakin' awesome. I'd happily buy a case and not leave the house till it was gone :(
I've heard this is awesome before. I need to find some place I can get my hands on it.
http://beermapping.com/GB drunks with a devotion to beer!

After seeing this thread again I popped an old favorite in the fridge for an hour. Getting ready to pop the cork on a St Bernardus Abt 12 60th anniversary edition :)
:thumbup: St Bernardus Abt 12 has always been my #1. I have two cases of the 60th Anniversary aging in my cellar.

Westvleteren 12..

Any of you guys ever come through Pensacola, let me know. I'd be glad to share some Westvleteren with you. :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread