What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the best part of a chicken wing to eat? (1 Viewer)

What's the best part of a chicken wing to eat?

• The drumettes

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • The flats

Votes: 44 55.0%

• Total voters
Definitely a drums guy...not really sure why though, since the drumstick is my least favorite part of the chicken

This is enlightening if the results hold. I had always assumed the "all drums or all flats" option at restaurants was targeted towards those weirdos who prefer all drums.

This is enlightening if the results hold. I had always assumed the "all drums or all flats" option at restaurants was targeted towards those weirdos who prefer all drums.
My mother-in-law pays extra to get just drums. :lmao:

I abstained from the vote because I believe wings should be left intact, and we shouldn't have to choose between the drum & the flat. That's just Big Chicken maximizing profits off of the sucker consumers by selling you 1/3 of a wing and calling it a wing.

As a hot sauce professional who had a sauce on S9 of Hot Ones, I feel qualified to have this opinion.

I abstained from the vote because I believe wings should be left intact, and we shouldn't have to choose between the drum & the flat. That's just Big Chicken maximizing profits off of the sucker consumers by selling you 1/3 of a wing and calling it a wing.

As a hot sauce professional who had a sauce on S9 of Hot Ones, I feel qualified to have this opinion.
What's your favorite hot sauce for wings?

I emptied the dry hopped sauce you sent me on a roast last night. Delicious.

Really any of my favorite hot sauces (I have a list of about 1000, with at least 30 open in my fridge & another 20 on my counter at the moment) - I dry season the wings with salt, pepper, & baking powder, bake until done, and toss them in a 4:1 sauce:melted butter ratio.

I don’t like when the sauce is baked on as it dries out.

The lone exception is teriyaki, as with enough sugar/molasses/honey they’ll glaze up, but often wings come out dry as a result.
Woot! :pickle:

Chrome is one of my finest achievements.

Really any of my favorite hot sauces (I have a list of about 1000, with at least 30 open in my fridge & another 20 on my counter at the moment) - I dry season the wings with salt, pepper, & baking powder, bake until done, and toss them in a 4:1 sauce:melted butter ratio.

The lone exception is teriyaki, as with enough sugar/molasses/honey they’ll glaze up, but often wings come out dry as a result.

Baking powder was the key to my excellent SB wings I made this year. Really helped with some crispness I think.

Definitely a drums guy...not really sure why though, since the drumstick is my least favorite part of the chicken
Same here.
I'm thinking it may have to do with the 'mechanics' of how I eat wings:
  • I try to get every last morsel of chicken off the bone
  • I try to make as little mess on my hands as possible...use only one hand...typically just three fingers on the hand
  • My teeth don't close 100% of the way in front, which can make things a bit of a challenge

Baking powder was the key to my excellent SB wings I made this year. Really helped with some crispness I think.
That's exactly what it does. Absolute key to the best wings.

I had a fat boss who would pop a whole flat in his mouth and pull out nothing but bone, still attached. He could eat a dozen before anyone else had consumed two or three.
I miss the days when Hooters would leave the tip on the flat. It was like a little chicken wing handle. You could hold just the tip in your right hand, deconstruct the flat with your left hand by separating the two bones inside, and then pull both of the bones all the way out to eat the entire thing in one bite.

I had a fat boss who would pop a whole flat in his mouth and pull out nothing but bone, still attached. He could eat a dozen before anyone else had consumed two or three.
I miss the days when Hooters would leave the tip on the flat. It was like a little chicken wing handle. You could hold just the tip in your right hand, deconstruct the flat with your left hand by separating the two bones inside, and then pull both of the bones all the way out to eat the entire thing in one bite.
Yes! That is what Hooters is known for! The chicken wing handle!

Dry hopped sauce? What's all this now?

We have a place local that does the whole wing and they are glorious and HUGE

Used to be violently in favor of the Drums....now I've done an almost complete turn. I'm aggressively in favor of the flat.
My exact experience. I think it might be all apart of growing up and gaining wisdom.

Now it doesn't mean that those that prefer the Drums are immature or unwise, but I'm just saying.

I worked at a wings restaurant in Austin for a couple of years when the real estate market was sucking butt and I had like 5 "odd jobs" to pay the bills.

I worked the to-go counter and was a delivery driver and man we pumped those wings out. I think it was probably a 50/50 split between flats and drums if someone specified. I think mostly, though, they'd just order them "as is" which was usually a 50/50 split between flats and drums in a 10 or 15 piece order.

Users who are viewing this thread