What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will That Dog Hunt? 2023 Redraft Version (win-now dynasty ok, too) (1 Viewer)

@efactor
14 team redraft. Full PPR. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, Flex, K, D. 6 points per passing TD. Drafted 3rd. 16 team rosters

Cousins

James Cook
Dalvin Cook
AJ Dillon
Achane
Damian Harris

Chase
Waddle
Olave
Juju
R. Rice
Jayden Reed
Marvin Mims

Hockenson

Saints

McPherson

Just went with the flow and took best player available (IMO) in the first four rounds with Chase, Waddle, Olave and Hockenson. Almost took Sanders over Hockenson but think Minnesota will pass a LOT and Hock could have 90-100 catches in a full year in Minnesota. Left me thin at RB obviously, but in a 14 teamer, you're going to be weak somewhere. Hopefully one of my 2nd round rookie WRs hit and have a solid season to cover injuries and bye weeks. In hindsight, probably should have doubled up at RB on the 4/5 turn and went TE later, but not a global killer.

Obviously the weakness is RB.

Cousins as a QB1 is going to be hit & miss as well.

But for a 14 team league I think this dog will hunt.!
Yeah. I'll pick up another QB for the Vikings prime time games lol

I just think the Vikings are going to pass, pass, pass with Cook gone and a bad D. I have him as QB 9 after the big 8. Was planning on taking Herbert or Fields at 4.12 but they were gone and didn't think Lawrence was worth the pick over waiting for Cousins. QBs went early this year, even for a 14 teamer.

20 yr home draft last night. Biggest $ pool I play in. Felt like I hit on everything in the middle rounds. Such a good feeling because it doesn't usually happen that way!

10 Team Redraft PPR - 1QB / 2RB / 2WR / 1TE / 1 FLX / DST / K /// Picked 8th

Lamar
Mattison, K Walker, Montgomery,J Cook, Charbonnet, Allgeier
Tyreek, ARSB, Ridley, Dotson, Addison
Freiermuth
WAS D
Bass

12 team. 0.5 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 DST

QB: Jackson, Pickett
RB: Chubb, Montgomery, Herbert, Perine, Warren, Spears
WR: Diggs, Ridley, Aiyuk, Cooks, Nico Collins, Mingo
TE: Chigo, Laporta
DST: Commanders -stream for week 1

This is a hunting dog.
Need to get ~average performance out of one of those TEs, or find one on the wire, but you’re stacked everywhere else.

12 team .5ppr

QB: Couisins
RB: Chubb
RB: Stevenson
WR: Lamb
WR: Cooper
FLX: Lockett
TE: Schultz
2 kickers and 2 D(don’t ask)

Bench

QB: Smith
RB: Robinson Jr
RB: Pacheco
RB: Gainwell
WR: Watson
WR: J Ross
TE: Ferguson

Last edited:

Smart to go light at TE in 12 teamers and Chig is my defacto wait on TE guy.

Will Hunt

20 yr home draft last night. Biggest $ pool I play in. Felt like I hit on everything in the middle rounds. Such a good feeling because it doesn't usually happen that way!

Lamar
Freiermuth
WAS D
Bass
She’ll hunt!

12 team .5ppr

WR: Lockett

Bench

Thin bench at both WR & RB, but this dog should hunt if your starting lineup stays healthy.

ETA: whoops. Didn’t see Christian Watson on the bench.

Last edited:
12 team .5ppr

Bench

Hate the bench. strikes me as a barely makes or barely misses the playoffs...will depend on health of RBs.

Lamar
Freiermuth
WAS D
Bass

Strong Team, will contend for the title although I don't love Mattison and Freiermuth.

12 team .5ppr

Bench

Hate the bench. strikes me as a barely makes or barely misses the playoffs...will depend on health of RBs.
What?

Christian Watson as WR #4 looks pretty damn good to me. Robinson, Pacheco and Gainwell on my bench behind Chubb and Stevenson? Yes please. Cousins/Geno combo is really nice too.

This team is strong

What?

Christian Watson as WR #4 looks pretty damn good to me. Robinson, Pacheco and Gainwell on my bench behind Chubb and Stevenson? Yes please. Cousins/Geno combo is really nice too.

This team is strong

you're right, I missed that that was christian Watson...he's usually not a WR4 in 12 teamers.

I take that comment back

12 team .5ppr

FLX: Lockett

Bench

Thin bench at both WR & RB, but this dog should hunt if your starting lineup stays healthy.

ETA: whoops. Didn’t see Christian Watson on the bench.
Roster requirements limit me to 5 RB and 5 WR, also Lockett is really a FLX

12-team PPR, start 2RB/WR 1 flex; picked 7th

QB: Burrow
RB: Saquon, AJones, Javonte, Herbert, JWilson, KMiller
WR: Adams, London, Dotson, Sutton, Flowers
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
DST: Denver

Could hunt. I like your receivers, but I’m not sure how good London/Dotson will be. Depth is a concern as well.

Like the RBs & QB, TEs are risky.

80% this is a huntin dog.

Will hunt...has a lot of my sleeper WRs (Dotson/Sutton/Flowers)
I think one year I went back and examined how my pre-draft late-round WR targets did, and the results were pretty bad. Most don't end up panning out.

Don't regret taking any of those three, but Dotson is the only one I feel reasonably confident about. Sutton has the opportunity with the rest of the Denver WRs dropping like flies, but it's still not clear if he'll ever live up to his promise. And I view the Ravens WRs as a total crapshoot. I would have been just as happy with Bateman, but for all I know none of them will pan out

Maybe it's just my outsider perspective (I don't play redraft), but this feels like you had 2 picks every round. I really like it. Burrow, Barkley, Jones, and Adams feel like elite or elite-adjacent at their positions.

12-team half PPR Superflex, 1QB : 2WR : 2RB : 1TE : 1WR/RB/TE : 1QB/WR/RB/TE : K : DST

QB: Hurts, Jimmy G, Carr
WR: Amon Ra, Dotson, Nico Collins, R Bateman
RB: Henry, J Cook, K Herbet, Charbonnet, Ty Chandler, Tyjae Spears
TE: Waller
K: Butker
D: Bills

Don't love it. Auction got away from me and feel like I might be in trouble. Obviously, weak at WR. Hoping one of em other than sun god pops, but will most likely be looking to make a trade.

12-team half PPR Superflex, 1QB : 2WR : 2RB : 1TE : 1WR/RB/TE : 1QB/WR/RB/TE : K : DST

QB: Hurts, Jimmy G, Carr
WR: Amon Ra, Dotson, Nico Collins, R Bateman
RB: Henry, J Cook, K Herbet, Charbonnet, Ty Chandler, Tyjae Spears
TE: Waller
K: Butker
D: Bills

Don't love it. Auction got away from me and feel like I might be in trouble. Obviously, weak at WR. Hoping one of em other than sun god pops, but will most likely be looking to make a trade.
Always a price to pay for the elite QB.

I don’t mind a little weakness at WR when you still have an elite at the position, to go with Hurts, Henry, & Cook.

I think it’ll hunt. Definitely need a better than expected season out of Bateman, and/or Collins.

I really like both of their potential to hit as WR2-3 types.

12 team PPR, 2RB/3WR/1TE/2Flex/1SF

Jackson, Stafford, Murray
Henry, Jones, Sanders, Pacheco, Allgeier, Edwards, Hull
Brown, Higgins, Lazard, Meyers, Collins
Pitts

10-team full ppr

QB- Allen
WR- Diontae, Watson, Cooks, Addison, Bateman
RB- Pollard, Stevenson, Pierce, Cook, Cook,
TE- Kelce
Had the 4th pick and kept feeling like there was a pretty good starting RB available every round until I finally went WR/WR in the 6/7.

12 team SF, 1PPR - redraft league.

QB: Herbert
RB: Mattison, Montgomery
WR: Hill, Watson
TE: Andrews
F: Dotson
SF: Dak
K: Gano
DST: Jax

Bench: Young, Evans, Burks, Achane, KMiller, STucker, Mitchell

12 Team PPR from the 3 hole. About as zero running back as it gets but I’m here for it. I never go zero running back but figured I’d give it a go. I actually got to rounds 4/5 and have been hating scrounging the wire for QBs and TEs weekly these past few seasons that I just got my guys there too.

QB Herbert
WR Chase
WR Olave
Flex Ridley
RB Herbert
RB Swift
TE Hockenson
New Orleans Defense
Kicker

Bench
Mostert
Gainwell
J Warren
E Mitchell
T Chandler

.5 PPR / 1QB / 12-team x 15-man+IR / QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-DST-K

This dog is going to have to find a WR or two on waivers.

QB: Cousins, A. Richardson
RB: CMC, Bijan, Charbonnet, Perine, Elliott
WR: Jefferson, E Moore, Meyers, Flowers
TE: Waller, Laporta

Last edited:
14 team, 0.5 PPR - 1Q/2R/3W-T/1K/1D, Drafting from 12 hole. Downside... I'm an Eagles Fan.... ended up with a lot of Cowboys... dang FF making me root for players on my team's archnemesis.

QB: Prescott, Tagovailoa
RB: Pollard, Mattison, Akers, Spears, Dowdle
WR: Lamb, London, D. Johnson, M. Brown, S. Moore, Z. Jones, J. Reed
K: Miami Kicker
D: Baltimore

With 14 teams, pickings go rather faster. Took some flyer rookies for upside.

12 team redraft, 0.5 PPR. Start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, R/W/T Flex, K, DST. I picked from the 4 spot. Planned starters in bold.

QB: Hurts
RB: Sanders, Akers, Dobbins, Gibson, Warren, Charbonnet
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Addison, Elijah Moore, Bateman
K: Bass
DST: Cowboys

After Brown fell to me in the 2nd, I couldn't resist stacking with Hurts in the 3rd. Then Andrews fell to my 4.09 pick and I couldn't resist that either. I don't think I ever went so far into a draft without picking a RB. But this seems to be a good year to do so. If I have a regert, it's not getting at least one more solid WR sleeper instead of those bench RBs I picked. As it turned out, a number of sleeper RBs I had my eye on dropped to the very end (and some even went undrafted). But WRs I liked dried up faster. Still, you can't predict how drafts will unfold and I'm pleased with my starters. I just want at least one bench RB and WR to develop into a startable guy.

10-team full ppr

QB- Allen
TE- Kelce
Had the 4th pick and kept feeling like there was a pretty good starting RB available every round until I finally went WR/WR in the 6/7.
I like it. Should hunt. You need Dionte & Watson to step up their game for that to happen though. I’d consider dealing a RB for a WR2 type. Maybe Stevenson.

12 Team PPR from the 3 hole. About as zero running back as it gets but I’m here for it. I never go zero running back but figured I’d give it a go. I actually got to rounds 4/5 and have been hating scrounging the wire for QBs and TEs weekly these past few seasons that I just got my guys there too.

QB Herbert
WR Chase
WR Olave
Flex Ridley
RB Herbert
RB Swift
TE Hockenson
New Orleans Defense
Kicker

Bench
Mostert
Gainwell
J Warren
E Mitchell
T Chandler
Will hunt.

Agree with your self-assessment of…yourself.

14 team, 0.5 PPR - 1Q/2R/3W-T/1K/1D, Drafting from 12 hole. Downside... I'm an Eagles Fan.... ended up with a lot of Cowboys... dang FF making me root for players on my team's archnemesis.

QB: Prescott, Tagovailoa
RB: Pollard, Mattison, Akers, Spears, Dowdle
WR: Lamb, London, D. Johnson, M. Brown, S. Moore, Z. Jones, J. Reed
K: Miami Kicker
D: Baltimore

With 14 teams, pickings go rather faster. Took some flyer rookies for upside.
Should hunt. Tua might be your starting QB.

I, too, have too many Cowboys on various teams. It feels icky.

Signed,

Niners fan.

12 team redraft, 0.5 PPR. Start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, R/W/T Flex, K, DST. I picked from the 4 spot. Planned starters in bold.

QB: Hurts
RB: Sanders, Akers, Dobbins, Gibson, Warren, Charbonnet
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Addison, Elijah Moore, Bateman
K: Bass
DST: Cowboys

After Brown fell to me in the 2nd, I couldn't resist stacking with Hurts in the 3rd. Then Andrews fell to my 4.09 pick and I couldn't resist that either. I don't think I ever went so far into a draft without picking a RB. But this seems to be a good year to do so. If I have a regert, it's not getting at least one more solid WR sleeper instead of those bench RBs I picked. As it turned out, a number of sleeper RBs I had my eye on dropped to the very end (and some even went undrafted). But WRs I liked dried up faster. Still, you can't predict how drafts will unfold and I'm pleased with my starters. I just want at least one bench RB and WR to develop into a startable guy.
Ridiculous values. Your league mates did you a lot of favors. Easily a hunting dog.

Remember folks, this isn’t “HSG decides who hunts” - I encourage everyone to evaluate other teams, especially when posting up one of your own.

I’m just one dude, and I’m wrong a lot. lol

Pitts
Should be an interesting year. This dog may hunt. I like the Jackson/Stafford QB with Super Flex and especially the flyer on Murray if he comes back. RBs look solid, but a little nervous on the WR where you need to start 3 WR. That WR3 is a little rough with Lazard/Meyers... If Nico hits, could be a contender.

10-team full ppr

QB- Allen
TE- Kelce
For a 10 team, RBs are very deep here. WRs.... I feel like you need one more solid WR especially in full PPR... Addison or Bateman could be money if they come on.. but I would be a bit nervous relying on them for WR3 as they are both unproven. I would look to possibly bundle a trade offer if someone has a RB2/3 need.

Pitts
Should be an interesting year. This dog may hunt. I like the Jackson/Stafford QB with Super Flex and especially the flyer on Murray if he comes back. RBs look solid, but a little nervous on the WR where you need to start 3 WR. That WR3 is a little rough with Lazard/Meyers... If Nico hits, could be a contender.
WR3 is definitely a calculated risk but seems like the easiest position of any to either hit on someone I've drafted or fill through waivers so I'm fine with it

But CMC, Bijan, and Jefferson?!? I don't know how that's even possible. Although maybe you swung a deal of some kind sending a whole lot of depth to upgrade to the starters. Which I don't mind the idea of doing. Serviceable starters can be found on the WW in 12 team leagues ... but rarely elite level guys.

QB Herbert
WR Chase
WR Olave
Flex Ridley
RB Herbert
RB Swift
TE Hockenson
New Orleans Defense
Kicker

Bench
Mostert
Gainwell
J Warren
E Mitchell
T Chandler

I 100% get where you're coming from. And I see what you did loading up the bench with RBs who could be an injury away from being startable RBs. And RBs seem to be the position that's most likely to have a guy come out of nowhere on the waiver wire too. But it's rarer for that to happen with QBs, WRs, and TEs so I like focusing on them in the draft.

But CMC, Bijan, and Jefferson?!? I don't know how that's even possible. Although maybe you swung a deal of some kind sending a whole lot of depth to upgrade to the starters. Which I don't mind the idea of doing. Serviceable starters can be found on the WW in 12 team leagues ... but rarely elite level guys.

This was the first year in the 17-year history of our full re-draft league where we let the champ dictate the draft format, switching from our traditional live snake to a live auction. Have to admit that the added flexibility in team construction was a lot of fun for something different.

Went in very unprepared in terms of cheatsheets and valuations. Decided that I would just load up on studs early if the prices weren't crazy and take auctioneering duty. I always pound the waiver wire hard and this strategy should leave me less attached to my bench players.

CMC and Jefferson were called out early at about 30%. 25% for Bijan. 9% Waller. 5% Charbonnet. Everything else was taking advantage of no reserve or the league clown / alcoholic that drafted 7 QBs.

This was the first year in the 17-year history of our full re-draft league where we let the champ dictate the draft format, switching from our traditional live snake to a live auction. Have to admit that the added flexibility in team construction was a lot of fun for something different.

Went in very unprepared in terms of cheatsheets and valuations. Decided that I would just load up on studs early if the prices weren't crazy and take auctioneering duty. I always pound the waiver wire hard and this strategy should leave me less attached to my bench players.

CMC and Jefferson were called out early at about 30%. 25% for Bijan. 9% Waller. 5% Charbonnet. Everything else was taking advantage of no reserve or the league clown / alcoholic that drafted 7 QBs.

Ah, auction ... makes perfect sense now. Never played it, but it's certainly intriguing. Does give more flexibility in strategy (like the "stud heavy" approach you did)

12 team 0.5 PPR Auction Draft
1QB-2WR-2RB-1FLX-1TE

QB: Justin Fields
RB: CMC, D.Pierce, Penny, Gainswell, Mitchell, Perine, Chandler, Spears
WR: G.Wilson, J.Waddle, C.Watson
TE: TJ Hockenson

Ended up picking a few players that I didn't expect which meant I had to adapt strategies to a studs-and-duds approach and chose to take RB fliers at the end since there were a few teams stacking them. Will drop one for bye week fillers.

1QB-2WR-2RB-1FLX-1TE

Ended up picking a few players that I didn't expect which meant I had to adapt strategies to a studs-and-duds approach and chose to take RB fliers at the end since there were a few teams stacking them. Will drop one for bye week fillers.

1QB-2WR-2RB-1FLX-1TE

I think your reply got lost. :oops:

12 team 1 pt ppr 1 flex
keep 1 player from after 3rd rd last year

I knew going in I’d be in trouble at wr if I took Kelce in the 1st. I wasn’t wrong

Cousins

Pollard (kept rd 5)
Mattison

Kirk
M Williams

Kelce

Gibbs/Waller

Dicker
Cowboys

Gabe Davis
Jameson Williams
Burks
Penny
Vaughn
Dowdle

Long time local league low stakes $50, draft is always a blast, pregamed for a few hours before :oldunsure:

12 team 1 pt ppr 1 flex

I knew going in I’d be in trouble at wr if I took Kelce in the 1st. I wasn’t wrong

Cousins

Pollard (kept rd 5)
Mattison

Kirk
M Williams

Kelce

Gibbs/Waller

Dicker
Cowboys

Gabe Davis
Jameson Williams
Burks
Penny
Vaughn
Dowdle

Long time local league low stakes $50, draft is always a blast, pregamed for a few hours before :oldunsure:

Love the Kelce pick. Pollard as a keeper is free money. I can't for the life of me figure out who you drafted 2nd though. Mattison?! What happened in the 2nd/3rd/4th?

12 team 1 pt ppr 1 flex

Cousins

Pollard (kept rd 5)
Mattison

Kirk
M Williams

Kelce

Gibbs/Waller

Dicker
Cowboys

Gabe Davis
Jameson Williams
Burks
Penny
Vaughn
Dowdle

I can't for the life of me figure out who you drafted 2nd though. Mattison?!
:bag:

:lol:

12 team keep 8. QB/RB/WR/Flex/Flex/Flex/TE/K/TeamD. Heavy, heavy Team D premium (a zero for a TDEF is a good score for the week, average of -10ppg for a good DEF)

QB: Fields, Carr, Purdy
RB: Henry, Mattison, Pacheco, Dalvin, Gainwell
WR: Tyreek, Cooks, Sutton, M Thomas, Pickens, Osborn
TE: Andrews, Chig
K: Koo
TDEF: DAL, CLE

Users who are viewing this thread