What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XV: Alphabet Soup with a side of Salary- Draft & Season Thread (9 Viewers)

OK, this morning I'll try to PM the owners who haven't rolled yet.

And for the 8m position player limit, I'm fine with going down to 8mil for position players as long as no one objects. I don't think we have a real majority either way.

PM's sent, list updated... DirkSwish = Bogart, right?

We have 2 slots left, assuming Sparty and everyone I PM'd is in. Those spots might be filled by BellJr and Koya. I'll PM them too.

EDIT - can't PM Koya, but PM'd BellJr

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey. At work, can't roll until tonight myself, not opposed to someone rolling for me, just send it to my email (Larry_boy_44 at yahoo) and whoever else needs it an post result...

If no one can I'll do it sometime tonight...

Wow -- you all came up with a new concept and 20+ dice rolls in a flash.

I'm in the same boat as Larryboy -- the rpglibrary dice-roll site is blocked from work as a "Games" site ( :rolleyes: ). Can anyone roll for me? E-mail can be sent to bewareof at gmail .

Last edited by a moderator:
For larryboy:

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 383

Roll subtotal: 383

Roll total: 383

Emails sent for both, hopefully I got them right! :unsure:

Can we get an OFFICIAL decision on the 8 million vs 10 million cap for position players. Don't care either way, just want to know what we are doing. SERIOUS BUSINESS is in flux until the decision is made

Can we get an OFFICIAL decision on the 8 million vs 10 million cap for position players. Don't care either way, just want to know what we are doing. SERIOUS BUSINESS is in flux until the decision is made
My vote is for $8M so the offense & pitching are depleted more equally.I don't think the extra $2M will make a huge difference in terms of balance either way.

My vote is for $8M so the offense & pitching are depleted more equally.I don't think the extra $2M will make a huge difference in terms of balance either way.
So let it be written. I will update the rules post. Encourages more platoons as well.

heck, i dont have a job, might as well be in!
You got it... you're #23.I'll add Oso to the pending list and try to track him down.
:thumbup: So we'll be drafting by morning?
We still need 2 rolls and we need to find a 24th owner. If anyone has a way to get in touch with Koya, please do so.Everyone is going to need some time to research, so I'm not in a rush to start on the clock but we'll see how it goes.

In the morning I'll try to set up a google spreadsheet for tracking.

You got it... you're #23.I'll add Oso to the pending list and try to track him down.
We still need 2 rolls and we need to find a 24th owner. If anyone has a way to get in touch with Koya, please do so.Everyone is going to need some time to research, so I'm not in a rush to start on the clock but we'll see how it goes.

Good point. We should probably wait until tomorrow afternoon to start the clock.

Good point. We should probably wait until tomorrow afternoon to start the clock.
The clock usually doesn't start until 2.01

Like hell you're starting it on me at 2.01. I'll take 3 days at 1.24 if I want.

I think Moops is out until the middle of the week anyway.

Pretty sure he said to skip him until he's back.

Pretty sure he said to skip him until he's back.
He probably has pick 1.2, so I'm good with that.

are we waiting for moops to come back later in the week? Pump's draft card is ready to be handed to the commish.

Once we have 24 rolls we'll start off the clock. If that happens well before moops is ready we'll figure something out. But I'm not convinced it will be an issue

So let it be written. I will update the rules post. Encourages more platoons as well.
So this is official right? The first post still says 10M for both.

So this is official right? The first post still says 10M for both.
official

Gentlemen,

I just wanted to drop in a offer you all good luck as you embark on this wonderful journey. Father was truly glowing at Christmas dinner as he told stories of being the elected commissioner for the last edition of this glorious endeavor. I am truly thankful for you gentle souls allowing him to be such an integral part of this gentlemanly competition, even as life is fleeing from his weary body.

As you begin to analyze different alphabetical strategies for this grand event, let me offer you some words from the book of Romans: "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

Take that hope and trust the performance of the baseballers of the past to lead you to your destiny. Play this competition as if it were your last, for we never know the day of which the Lord will take us away to the big diamond in the sky. And Pops, win this one for Charlie, would ya?

Yours in Christ,

Charles

Yes 8mil for hitters is official, and welcome Koya. I'll make sure everything is updated in a couple hours.

OK, if Oso wants in, he'll have to partner up with someone as we have 24. We need to get 3 more dice rolls and then we'll have our order.

I agree with not running the clock until pick 2.01... I'd love to start the clock on Monday (the 16th) but I'm not sure if that being a holiday will cause problems. What is the usual clock? 4 hours in the poster's time zone? 6?

Users who are viewing this thread