What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XV: Alphabet Soup with a side of Salary- Draft & Season Thread (4 Viewers)

OK, if Oso wants in, he'll have to partner up with someone as we have 24. We need to get 3 more dice rolls and then we'll have our order.I agree with not running the clock until pick 2.01... I'd love to start the clock on Monday (the 16th) but I'm not sure if that being a holiday will cause problems. What is the usual clock? 4 hours in the poster's time zone? 6?
1 hour. Clock usually runs between 9-7 in the posters time zone or something close to that.

OK, if Oso wants in, he'll have to partner up with someone as we have 24. We need to get 3 more dice rolls and then we'll have our order.I agree with not running the clock until pick 2.01... I'd love to start the clock on Monday (the 16th) but I'm not sure if that being a holiday will cause problems. What is the usual clock? 4 hours in the poster's time zone? 6?
1 hour. Clock usually runs between 9-7 in the posters time zone or something close to that.
Thanks. I'll work that into the first post.Google spreadsheet is up (work in progress) - 2 tabs, 1 for regular draft tracking and 1 for tracking what letters people have to pick. Here's the link:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhMvlyCRIZtHdG1WZVBCbTJKOFZSdGhneEdkQXhQNEEStill need to format the draft list for PMs

One other question - do we want to encourage skipping? Let's say SCBF picks his "S" player in round 1... and he's up in round 2 with me on deck. If I want an S player should I go ahead and skip him?

It would make things faster but it would also make them a lot more confusing about who's really up. I would say we should probably NOT encourage it, since a 1-hour clock isn't really that bad anyway, and if I make a mistake then SCBF knows who I want.

Gentlemen,I just wanted to drop in a offer you all good luck as you embark on this wonderful journey. Father was truly glowing at Christmas dinner as he told stories of being the elected commissioner for the last edition of this glorious endeavor. I am truly thankful for you gentle souls allowing him to be such an integral part of this gentlemanly competition, even as life is fleeing from his weary body.As you begin to analyze different alphabetical strategies for this grand event, let me offer you some words from the book of Romans: "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."Take that hope and trust the performance of the baseballers of the past to lead you to your destiny. Play this competition as if it were your last, for we never know the day of which the Lord will take us away to the big diamond in the sky. And Pops, win this one for Charlie, would ya?Yours in Christ,Charles
:thumbup: Always great to hear from you, Charles! Please check in with us during the draft this time, we'd love to have you around.

Gentlemen,I just wanted to drop in a offer you all good luck as you embark on this wonderful journey. Father was truly glowing at Christmas dinner as he told stories of being the elected commissioner for the last edition of this glorious endeavor. I am truly thankful for you gentle souls allowing him to be such an integral part of this gentlemanly competition, even as life is fleeing from his weary body.As you begin to analyze different alphabetical strategies for this grand event, let me offer you some words from the book of Romans: "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."Take that hope and trust the performance of the baseballers of the past to lead you to your destiny. Play this competition as if it were your last, for we never know the day of which the Lord will take us away to the big diamond in the sky. And Pops, win this one for Charlie, would ya?Yours in Christ,Charles
Chuck: Hope you enjoyed the Littlest Pet Shop Treehouse you wanted for Christmas. This is what I get for letting your mother dress when you were a baby. See you next December.

So let me get this straight...8 mil inclusive for hitters means up to 8 mil but not a penny over? So 8 mil even is a go?

Jfranco organizing this thing like it was an autobahn engineering project. I expect even more chaos this draft because of it. :thumbup:

I'm updating the draft order and Google Doc now.

The clock will NOT run at all in round 1. The clock will start with pick 2.01. If someone hasn't finished their research and needs 8 hours to pick, that's OK. If they take a whole day, then we can certainly have some public flogging and encouragement.

Is it fair to say that if someone picks a letter they've already used, they go on auto-skip and they can make it up anytime?

I'm updating the draft order and Google Doc now. The clock will NOT run at all in round 1. The clock will start with pick 2.01. If someone hasn't finished their research and needs 8 hours to pick, that's OK. If they take a whole day, then we can certainly have some public flogging and encouragement. Is it fair to say that if someone picks a letter they've already used, they go on auto-skip and they can make it up anytime?
So you're saying we've skipped AoD and Pampernickle is OTC?

I'm updating the draft order and Google Doc now. The clock will NOT run at all in round 1. The clock will start with pick 2.01. If someone hasn't finished their research and needs 8 hours to pick, that's OK. If they take a whole day, then we can certainly have some public flogging and encouragement. Is it fair to say that if someone picks a letter they've already used, they go on auto-skip and they can make it up anytime?
So you're saying we've skipped AoD and Pampernickle is OTC?
:tfp: indeedI haven't even finished my own cheat sheets yet.I did update the first 8 owners in the owner list so you can click their names and go to their profile for an easy PM. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

One other question - do we want to encourage skipping? Let's say SCBF picks his "S" player in round 1... and he's up in round 2 with me on deck. If I want an S player should I go ahead and skip him?It would make things faster but it would also make them a lot more confusing about who's really up. I would say we should probably NOT encourage it, since a 1-hour clock isn't really that bad anyway, and if I make a mistake then SCBF knows who I want.
This sounds all nice and rosey, but will likely add a level of confusion and contusion that we won't want to deal with.

whoooooooa.

OTC? We arent starting this #### yet are we? If so, no way I will be able to pick tomorrow - no prep, meetings down in D.C. and travel all day.

One other question - do we want to encourage skipping? Let's say SCBF picks his "S" player in round 1... and he's up in round 2 with me on deck. If I want an S player should I go ahead and skip him?It would make things faster but it would also make them a lot more confusing about who's really up. I would say we should probably NOT encourage it, since a 1-hour clock isn't really that bad anyway, and if I make a mistake then SCBF knows who I want.
This sounds all nice and rosey, but will likely add a level of confusion and contusion that we won't want to deal with.
We've usually played it pretty liberal on the Gary Peters rule

I am out of pocket next Wednesday to Friday but once I print off a list I can get help from TRE, TU or Kraft in submitting my picks. Can we start Friday and get through a slow rolling first round through Friday and the weekend?

whoooooooa.OTC? We arent starting this #### yet are we? If so, no way I will be able to pick tomorrow - no prep, meetings down in D.C. and travel all day.
:thumbdown: oh come on! how can you not know your top couple guys yet?
Playoff veteran Larryboy bringing the ownage on a guy who's not picking until 1.20
LB is still around? Good to be back amongst friends.And no, I have no idea who to pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoooooooa.OTC? We arent starting this #### yet are we? If so, no way I will be able to pick tomorrow - no prep, meetings down in D.C. and travel all day.
Playoff veteran Larryboy bringing the ownage on a guy who's not picking until 1.20
LB is still around? Good to be back amongst friends.And no, I have no idea who to pick.
lol I don't have a clue either...Just thought it was funny...

Good thing the first tier doesn't dropoffs until the 9th round!

Good thing the first tier doesn't dropoffs until the 9th round!
except for some letters of the alphabet

When in doubt draft Heinie Manush :shrug:

There's really no rush. I'd be fine with starting Mon/Tues next week but I'm hoping we can get a handful of picks in before then.

I have done 30 mins of prep so far, about 25 more mins than any other draft at this point. I have a list of 3. Picking 9th does not bode well for my list.

I probably could find time to make my first round pick over the next couple days if Arsenal picks. I am down here in Miami learning some new modeling software and I am busy as hell, but things should ease up a bit on Thursday and Friday.

'the moops said:
I probably could find time to make my first round pick over the next couple days if Arsenal picks. I am down here in Miami learning some new modeling software and I am busy as hell, but things should ease up a bit on Thursday and Friday.
COCKTAILS!

The salary limit really changes the first round. Also, this is a boatload of research, imo. Good thing we didn't do fatal flaw, Eephus. :wave:

The salary limit really changes the first round. Also, this is a boatload of research, imo. Good thing we didn't do fatal flaw, Eephus. :wave:
####
I'm picking 23rd and haven't started my spreadsheets yet, but I don't get the griping. The $8M/$10M limit flattens the top and eliminates some no brainers, but otherwise it's just another all-time draft. Alphabet scarcity will be the source of much complaining in a few weeks but it's hard to see it being a major consideration for the top of the first round.

Is there still a place over on the WIS website that we can download the ENTIRE batter/pitcher dataset? There used to be, but I lost the link a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread