What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

We will agree to disagree on brown. He is the Wr3 (read #5 option on team). Alexander is likely to receive a first or second round tender. Teams don't throw those around unless they are trying to protect a valuable asset. If Alexander gets hurt brown has a good shot to be the #1 or #2. Gates looked like himself but his targets were down. He will be top 10. Vereen has talent but will he have opportunity? He had a few good games but saw very few snaps overall. If woodhead goes I agree vereen willsee a nice uptick and is a good value.
Gates did not look like himself to me and besides my eye test the stats bore this out. His catch %, yards per attempt, yards per catch were in decline, a somewhat big decline on the latter two stats. And of course his targets were down and if he was the Gates of old you really think he'd be used so much less? I don't. You have to at least consider the fact that his targets were down because he can't get open. I'd still put him in top 10 but not elite any longer.The first or second round tender on Alexander means very little. He played well so they don't want to lose him but it only costs about $2.8 million to protect him. I'm not arguing against him being an asset but they are not breaking the bank to pay him either. Anyone would be willing to pay him $2.8 million on a one year deal after what he showed. I think Vincent Brown carves out a big role in this offense because Alexander and Floyd are primarily deep threats and Brown is a little more versatile. It's a new coaching staff so I'm not ready to assume Brown does not cut into or outright supplant Floyd. We'll see.
Gates isn't elite no doubt but his targets were down partly because they couldn't protect rivers, rivers' attempts were also down yoy. No run game meant no respect for the run and inability for gates to gain separation which in turn led to lower ypc. I like brown don't get me wrong I just wouldn't put that much faith in a third year receiver who has played 14 games and has less than 300 career yards.

A look at my team for the first half of the draft1.01 Captain Hook - Adrian Peterson - RB1 - Min2.16 Captain Hook - Wes Welker - WR9 - NE 3.01 Captain Hook - Reggie Wayne - WR10 - IND4.16 Captain Hook - Ben Roethlisberger - QB14 - PIT5.01 Captain Hook - Josh Freeman - QB15 - TB6.16 Captain Hook - Heath Miller - TE9 - PIT7.01 Captain Hook - Brandon Myers - TE10 - OAK 8.16 Captain Hook - Golden Tate, WR48 - SEA9.01 Captain Hook - Bernard Pierce, RB38, BAL10.16Captain Hook - Marcel Reese, RB, OAK11.01Captain Hook - Mohammed Sanu, WR, CINRound 1 - no brainer here to get the best RB I couldTurn 2/3 - I wanted the best two WR I could get if there were no STUD TE left; sadly you guys took several players I liked better but I think Welker and Wayne - the old school - will still be very productive in 2013 and will give me a base of points every week with APTurn 4/5 - I wanted to take the best two QBs available (unless there was a great TE who mysteriously dropped which didn't happen). Roethlisberger put up solid numbers when on the field and Freeman had some great weeks - hopefully they pair nicely this coming season.Turn 6/7 - When I couldn't get a TE earlier I planned to get the two best available with this pair of picks (as long as I really liked them) Miller and Myers were TE 4/5 last season and I think they will both be good again in 2013Turn 8/9 - Looking to get the best RB2 and WR3 I could. As I mentioned in posting them Golden Tate took huge strides this year and I think will be even better next year working with Robert Wilson. And I think we have seen Bernard Pierce's role grow even larger in the playoffs for the Ravens. Turn 10/11 - Again looking for a RB and WR who can add some decent weeks - both these guys have and I think will again next year.

A look at my team for the first half of the draft1.01 Captain Hook - Adrian Peterson - RB1 - Min2.16 Captain Hook - Wes Welker - WR9 - NE 3.01 Captain Hook - Reggie Wayne - WR10 - IND4.16 Captain Hook - Ben Roethlisberger - QB14 - PIT5.01 Captain Hook - Josh Freeman - QB15 - TB6.16 Captain Hook - Heath Miller - TE9 - PIT7.01 Captain Hook - Brandon Myers - TE10 - OAK 8.16 Captain Hook - Golden Tate, WR48 - SEA9.01 Captain Hook - Bernard Pierce, RB38, BAL10.16Captain Hook - Marcel Reese, RB, OAK11.01Captain Hook - Mohammed Sanu, WR, CINRound 1 - no brainer here to get the best RB I couldTurn 2/3 - I wanted the best two WR I could get if there were no STUD TE left; sadly you guys took several players I liked better but I think Welker and Wayne - the old school - will still be very productive in 2013 and will give me a base of points every week with APTurn 4/5 - I wanted to take the best two QBs available (unless there was a great TE who mysteriously dropped which didn't happen). Roethlisberger put up solid numbers when on the field and Freeman had some great weeks - hopefully they pair nicely this coming season.Turn 6/7 - When I couldn't get a TE earlier I planned to get the two best available with this pair of picks (as long as I really liked them) Miller and Myers were TE 4/5 last season and I think they will both be good again in 2013Turn 8/9 - Looking to get the best RB2 and WR3 I could. As I mentioned in posting them Golden Tate took huge strides this year and I think will be even better next year working with Robert Wilson. And I think we have seen Bernard Pierce's role grow even larger in the playoffs for the Ravens. Turn 10/11 - Again looking for a RB and WR who can add some decent weeks - both these guys have and I think will again next year.
Can't knock ADP. I think you see Wayne slow down this year. I Welker stays with the Pats you got great value here. The pair together are a solid survivor start. I think you had to go double QB here in order to get a second that would contribute. Between the two of us, we started a scramble and some other talent fell. Everyone seems to be high on Miller in these drafts. I don't like his injury and even sans injury, this year was probably an anomoly. Myers, who knows with the Raiders history. I fell like you were stat chasing last year's numbers with these picks. Something worries me about the WRs in Seattle. Constant churn. That said, you lay out some good reasoning for Tate. Pierce was money. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rice drop out of the top ten next year. Really like the Reese pick. Sanu wasn't on my radar, but I haven't been researching that deep yet.Nice team.

A look at my team for the first half of the draft

1.01 Captain Hook - Adrian Peterson - RB1 - Min

2.16 Captain Hook - Wes Welker - WR9 - NE

3.01 Captain Hook - Reggie Wayne - WR10 - IND

4.16 Captain Hook - Ben Roethlisberger - QB14 - PIT

5.01 Captain Hook - Josh Freeman - QB15 - TB

6.16 Captain Hook - Heath Miller - TE9 - PIT

7.01 Captain Hook - Brandon Myers - TE10 - OAK

8.16 Captain Hook - Golden Tate, WR48 - SEA

9.01 Captain Hook - Bernard Pierce, RB38, BAL

10.16Captain Hook - Marcel Reese, RB, OAK

11.01Captain Hook - Mohammed Sanu, WR, CIN

Round 1 - no brainer here to get the best RB I could

Turn 2/3 - I wanted the best two WR I could get if there were no STUD TE left; sadly you guys took several players I liked better but I think Welker and Wayne - the old school - will still be very productive in 2013 and will give me a base of points every week with AP

Turn 4/5 - I wanted to take the best two QBs available (unless there was a great TE who mysteriously dropped which didn't happen). Roethlisberger put up solid numbers when on the field and Freeman had some great weeks - hopefully they pair nicely this coming season.

Turn 6/7 - When I couldn't get a TE earlier I planned to get the two best available with this pair of picks (as long as I really liked them) Miller and Myers were TE 4/5 last season and I think they will both be good again in 2013

Turn 8/9 - Looking to get the best RB2 and WR3 I could. As I mentioned in posting them Golden Tate took huge strides this year and I think will be even better next year working with Robert Wilson. And I think we have seen Bernard Pierce's role grow even larger in the playoffs for the Ravens.

Turn 10/11 - Again looking for a RB and WR who can add some decent weeks - both these guys have and I think will again next year.
Can't knock ADP. I think you see Wayne slow down this year. I Welker stays with the Pats you got great value here. The pair together are a solid survivor start. I think you had to go double QB here in order to get a second that would contribute. Between the two of us, we started a scramble and some other talent fell. Everyone seems to be high on Miller in these drafts. I don't like his injury and even sans injury, this year was probably an anomoly. Myers, who knows with the Raiders history. I fell like you were stat chasing last year's numbers with these picks. Something worries me about the WRs in Seattle. Constant churn. That said, you lay out some good reasoning for Tate. Pierce was money. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rice drop out of the top ten next year. Really like the Reese pick. Sanu wasn't on my radar, but I haven't been researching that deep yet.Nice team.
bolded...I think Bass was spot on with this....and your comments about the picks kind of add to that.....IMO Miller is going way too high in these considering his injury and I agree with Bass that his production last year maybe was the exception rather then the norm....my gut is saying similiar things about Myers....

ADP and Charles return may be influencing people to disregard these serious injuries a little more then they should....

A look at my team for the first half of the draft

1.01 Captain Hook - Adrian Peterson - RB1 - Min

2.16 Captain Hook - Wes Welker - WR9 - NE

3.01 Captain Hook - Reggie Wayne - WR10 - IND

4.16 Captain Hook - Ben Roethlisberger - QB14 - PIT

5.01 Captain Hook - Josh Freeman - QB15 - TB

6.16 Captain Hook - Heath Miller - TE9 - PIT

7.01 Captain Hook - Brandon Myers - TE10 - OAK

8.16 Captain Hook - Golden Tate, WR48 - SEA

9.01 Captain Hook - Bernard Pierce, RB38, BAL

10.16Captain Hook - Marcel Reese, RB, OAK

11.01Captain Hook - Mohammed Sanu, WR, CIN

Round 1 - no brainer here to get the best RB I could

Turn 2/3 - I wanted the best two WR I could get if there were no STUD TE left; sadly you guys took several players I liked better but I think Welker and Wayne - the old school - will still be very productive in 2013 and will give me a base of points every week with AP

Turn 4/5 - I wanted to take the best two QBs available (unless there was a great TE who mysteriously dropped which didn't happen). Roethlisberger put up solid numbers when on the field and Freeman had some great weeks - hopefully they pair nicely this coming season.

Turn 6/7 - When I couldn't get a TE earlier I planned to get the two best available with this pair of picks (as long as I really liked them) Miller and Myers were TE 4/5 last season and I think they will both be good again in 2013

Turn 8/9 - Looking to get the best RB2 and WR3 I could. As I mentioned in posting them Golden Tate took huge strides this year and I think will be even better next year working with Robert Wilson. And I think we have seen Bernard Pierce's role grow even larger in the playoffs for the Ravens.

Turn 10/11 - Again looking for a RB and WR who can add some decent weeks - both these guys have and I think will again next year.
bolded...I think Bass was spot on with this....and your comments about the picks kind of add to that.....IMO Miller is going way too high in these considering his injury and I agree with Bass that his production last year maybe was the exception rather then the norm....my gut is saying similiar things about Myers....

ADP and Charles return may be influencing people to disregard these serious injuries a little more then they should....
Miller's targets have been between 52 and 65 5 of 8 seasons. 09 he had 98, 11 was 80, and 100 this year. The TDs the last three years have been 2, 2, and 8. I just can't point to anything reason why he made have made strides forward other than a lack of running game or weak o-line which Pitt will surely address. Pettigrew, Gates, and Finley all have been more consistant in their targets.Myers exploded this season. Someone please explain why after three non productive years. His catch rate was over 75% which is amazing. My comment on Myers was who knows...probably should have been I don't know. Would love to hear other thoughts on his prospects since I don't know much about him and haven't seen him play.

'BassNBrew said:
Myers exploded this season. Someone please explain why after three non productive years. His catch rate was over 75% which is amazing. My comment on Myers was who knows...probably should have been I don't know. Would love to hear other thoughts on his prospects since I don't know much about him and haven't seen him play.
Myers definitely came out of nowhere this season but I don't think his stats really reflect his value. I can’t really explain the high catch rate except that it seems to be the only pass Palmer could make somewhat effectively. Also Knapp’s offense was truly horrible but Myers seemed comfortable in it and became the de facto checkdown receiver. But he offers no playmaking ability or RAC, as evidenced by a paltry 10 yd/rec. It seemed like most of his stats accumulated in garbage time. 40% of his targets came in the 4th quarter. Add the fact that Oakland’s WRs really regressed – as a group they caught 50% of their targets. I haven’t checked but that’s got to dead last or near it. Palmer has to take some blame for this also but when Streater leads your WRs at 53%, you know the WR group sucks ###. Due to last year stats, he may find a better offer than the Raiders are willing to give and if he goes elsewhere, I’m pretty sure his stats tank next year. If he stays with Raiders, he’ll have some value but I don’t expect anything near to last year.

My team so far:

1.02 Jeff Pasquino - Arian Foster - RB2 - Hou

2.15 Jeff Pasquino - Roddy White - WR8 - ATL

3.02 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Ryan - QB5 - ATL

4.15 Jeff Pasquino - Miles Austin - WR26 - DAL

5.02 Jeff Pasquino - Mike Wallace - WR27 - PIT/FA

6.15 Jeff Pasquino - Dennis Pitta - TE8 - BAL

7.02 Jeff Pasquino - Jay Cutler - QB19 - CHI
Certainly liked the Foster (lots of TDs and PPR love), Roddy White and Matt Ryan (pass-happy Falcons) start as the anchor to the team.I certainly like my WRs. Austin isn't a stud, but solid in PPR league. I like a solid, consistent WR2 in a PPR league like this. Mike Wallace as a WR3? Wow, absolutely yes, even with his uncertainty due to FA. If he lands in, say, New England or New Orleans? Wow.

Thought about reaching for RB2 at the 6/7 turn a little, but really happy to have helped start the mega-runs at QB and TE in Rds 6 and 7. Some nice RBs went at the 5/6 turn (esp. Wilson, was eying him since the 4/5 turn), but I think with Foster already on the team I wanted strength elsewhere for now.

Good pick by Fiddles on Flacco, but I like Cutler more for his big game upside - but would have been torn on Flacco for sure.

We'll see how the depth rounds out this roster.
Continuing the conversation....
8.15 Jeff Pasquino - Daryl Richardson - RB38 - STL

9.02 Jeff Pasquino - Brent Celek - TE17 - PHI

10.15 Jeff Pasquino - Ben Tate - RB46 - HOU

11.02 Jeff Pasquino - Bilal Powell - RB48 - NYJ
Three of four picks at RB, but for good reason. Only 1 RB on the team, so this is basically an "all in" on Arian Foster to support my running back position. I think Richardson and Powell both have good shots at good contributions for STL and NYJ, respectively. Had to take Ben Tate when I did (as Cap'n pointed out, just in time) as this basically locks up Foster/Tate for the Houston lead RB position.The bye week would hurt of course, but when you're all in on Foster, you can't afford not to have his backup.

Celek is a strong TE2 I think, especially in Chip Kelly's offense coming to Philadelphia.

Full roster:

QB - Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler

RB - Arian Foster/Ben Tate, Daryl Richardson, Bilal Powell

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace

TE - Dennis Pitta, Brent Celek

I like it. Certainly needs some depth at WR, but in best ball that can be built. After the Top 30-40 WRs, they all seem pretty flat from value point of view, so snagging 3 early and then addressing depth at QB, TE then RB looked like a solid plan to me. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Stafford, KapRB - Lynch, MJDWR - DJax, TY Hilton, Britt, D. MooreTE - Pettigrew, F. DavisThe deeper we go, the better I feel about this team.
Pretty good overall, but I see some downside at WR with PPR. DeSean is just too up and down, but if he gets a bigger role with Chip Kelly, could have major upside. The rest of the WRs are also hit or miss most weeks, so if 2-3 have off weeks all at once, could have some downside. I think if you trade on of these 4 for a better PPR guy, I'd like it a little more (just to have a 70+ catch guy to smooth out the up and downs from the other 3).Plenty of injury history on this list too, and I'm not even counting Stafford. MJD, DJax, Britt, Pettigrew and Davis all missed significant time recently.

'BassNBrew said:
Someone please explain why after three non productive years. .
umm because they finally had not better TE and threw to him because he was open on a ton of playsYeah he didn't have a lot of targets/catches in college and in Oakland for his first few years blocked more than ran patterns but he is a BIG target with good hands - that is all that really matters with a good QB - maybe even more important when QB is under siege. I think he re-signs with Oakland and has another good year.Top 5? Probably not but enough targets/catches will put him in the top ten again

seems we have hit a wall
You can say that again BSS. The last couple of days have been brutal. About 9 picks yesterday and 2 picks so far today. I had hope I might actually get a pick in today but now I am doubting that it will happen.

11.6 Robert Turbin- RB- Seattle
- menobrownSeriously dude? I don't like you anymore and shouldn't have invited you into the mix.
Sorry man, had my eye on a few other players that got nabbed. I like his talent set and with Lynch's back and the way Seahawks started blowing out teams at the end of the year I see a guy who should offer some usable games with high end returns if Lynch is out.

BradySpiller, Leshoure, DuJuan, P ThomasCobb, S Smith, Amendola, M Williams, K WrightM Bennett, J TammeGlaring issues at RB made me take a flyer on DuJuan Harris, and a more consistently low scoring option in Thomas. The run on RB in the 11th hurt.

BradySpiller, Leshoure, DuJuan, P ThomasCobb, S Smith, Amendola, M Williams, K WrightM Bennett, J TammeGlaring issues at RB made me take a flyer on DuJuan Harris, and a more consistently low scoring option in Thomas. The run on RB in the 11th hurt.
Agree - those RB in the 11th cut my list to shreds and YOU didn't help by taking Harris who I thought sure would still be there at the end of the 12th :excited:

QB - Brees, Ponder

RB - Forte

RB - David Wilson, Ingram

WR - Fitzgerald

WR - Nicks

WR - Little, Jeffery

TE - VDavis, Cameron

DEF - San Fran

So far most of these are relatively safe plays, I just can't see the top 4 playing under their draft position. Davis and Wilson are riskier picks. Wilson is especially someone who could make this team or do nothing. Honestly, I considered both on my short list back in the 3/4 turn so I am pretty happy to see them fall here (but maybe I completely overestimate them?)

But hey, at least my all-NFC team looks cool.
Added what I think could be the last sure-starter as my backup to Brees. I considered waiting and just grabbing warm bodies later and I'm not sure Ponder adds anything except for the bye week, but figured I'd take a guy we know will start. I expect bigger things from Ingram this year, sure Sproles is an essential part of the offense but Ingram looked like he was starting to click at times last year. Really wanted Garcon, but no other WR IMO was worth reaching for even though I will need a 3rd starter. I really like my RBs and QBs, will need to see what the rest of the draft brings elsewhere. I also like the combination of safe top plays and high potential for the last few picks. Considered Gordon at 8.01 and might kick myself there later.
At my WR3 platoon I wanted a relatively safe WR combined with a high risk.reward type. Was looking to possible grab a backup TE but got sniped with Bennett and Cook and there are a few left I like equally to each other but nobody stands out. There is a guy I hope drops and almost grabbed him but frankly there are 3 others who I might prefer... so I'm just hoping one of these guys drops.

I think Little is a fairly safe WR although I don't see him lighting up the scoreboard. He's comparable to another guy I almost grabbed but with slightly higher upside. Jeffery is a guy I have hopes for as Cutler's #2 could have some big games. Glad I don't have to rely on him for more than a few games but he will probably count most weeks. Overall, while everyone will have a weak position or two, I like this team a lot. WR3 could be better but that's manageable.
I'm content with Cameron's upside here, but I wanted Davis, Housler, Fleener, Allen, or Keller. I was expecting to grab either Andre Brown or Michael Bush at this turn as defensive picks. Brown might be more than that.

I figured there would be a run on D/ST soon and I wanted to be sure to get one I like so I popped the D cherry. The WRs and RBs available at this point aren't overly impressive, although two remain on top of my list... crossing fingers.

Agree - those RB in the 11th cut my list to shreds and YOU didn't help by taking Harris who I thought sure would still be there at the end of the 12th :excited:
I've been looking at him for a while, it was tough to slot him. Could be a home run or a complete waste of a pick. I'll just be crossing my fingers the Packers stay quiet in free agency.

4.03 Russell Wilson QB SEA

6.03 Philip Rivers QB SD

1.14 Alfred Morris RB WAS

8.03 Lamar Miller RB MIA

9.14 Fred Jackson RB BUF

3.14 Eric Decker WR DEN

5.14 James Jones WR GB

7.14 Lance Moore WR NO

10.03 Michael Floyd WR ARI

11.14 Chris Givens WR STL

2.03 Jason Witten TE DAL

12.03 Tony Moeaki TE KC

1.14 Alfred Morris RB WAS: I liked getting Morris at the end of round one, there are only so many RB's available in a 16 team league and getting a RB that ran for 1,400 yards at the end of round 1 sounds good to me. I also considered Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, and Jason Witten at this pick.

2.03 Jason Witten TE DAL: I was very happy to land Jason Witten in round 2. With the 2 PPR for TE's in this league the top TE's can score a lot of points. Witten held his own with the top TE's this past season. I also considered Julio Jones, Tom Brady, and Aaron Hernandez at this pick.

3.14 Eric Decker WR DEN: In round 3 I knew I wanted to target a WR, RB, or QB depending who was there for my pick. Eric Decker is one of those WR's that can get you a huge number on any given week plus he is on a high powered passing attack offense. I also considered Larry Fitzgerald, Russell Wilson and Tony Romo.

4.03 Russell Wilson QB SEA: Since I already had a RB, WR, & TE I was targeting a QB unless there was good value at another position left. I ended up drafting Russell Wilson because I like the fact that Wilson could go off and score me a few huge weeks during the season. I also considered Tony Romo here but I already had Jason Witten so it helped to make my decision easier on who to draft between Wilson and Romo.

5.14 James Jones WR GB: Since I started the draft with a player from each of the offensive positions I could take best player available no matter what the position and I liked James Jones the most. Once again I took a WR on a high flying passing attack team. I also liked the fact that Jones has the potential to get me a few weeks with a huge score. I also considered David Wilson, T.Y. Hilton and Philip Rivers.

6.03 Philip Rivers QB SD: I didn't know when the next QB run was going to start and being on the ends I didn't want to get caught on the wrong end of a QB run so I decided to draft Rivers in the 6th. I think the new coaching staff will get Rivers back on track and I see a good year for Rivers this year. Plus as much as I like Russell he is young and might get 1 or 2 stinker games in there and it will be nice to have a veteran backup if that does happen. I also considered T.Y. Hilton and Vick Ballard.

7.14 Lance Moore WR NO: Since I had 2 QB's already and a stud TE I knew I would be looking at WR and RB at the 7th round pick. I decided to go with Lance Moore because like Decker and Jones, Moore is capable of putting up a few huge scoring weeks during the season. Plus once again I picked a WR from a team that passes the ball a lot with premium QB's throwing them the football. I also considered Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Kenny Britt.

8.03 Lamar Miller RB MIA: In the 8th round I considered drafting my 4th WR but I decided to grab a RB because its a long time until I draft again since I'm picking at the ends. I decided to take Lamar Miller because of the RB's available I felt like he had the highest upside of any RB's left. If Reggie Bush does sign with another team then I think Miller will be #1 on the RB depth chart. I also considered Mark Ingram, Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Kenny Britt.

9.14 Fred Jackson RB BUF: In round 9 I was looking at drafting a WR or RB. Since there were a couple of WR's I was comfortable with taking I decided to hold off on WR until round 10 and decided to grab a RB especially since I only had 2 RB's at this time it would be nice to grab a 3rd RB that could hopefully contribute a few scores during the season. I decided on taking Fred Jackson. I still think he has something left in the tank. C.J. Spiller will be the lead back but I think Fred Jackson will be used enough to get me a few usable scored during the season. I was also looking at Bilal Powell, Michael Floyd and Alshon Jeffery at this spot.

10.03 Michael Floyd WR ARI: I knew I wanted to target a WR in the 10th round. I was targeting one of two WR's Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery. Since Alshon was taken a couple picks before mine it made my decision easy. I decided on Michael Floyd because I think he is going to take a big step in year two. I think Arizona will fix the QB situation one way or another. I considered drafting a TE or Keenan Allen here as well.

11.14 Chris Givins WR STL: With the 11th round pick I wasn't real excited about the RB's left so then I had to make the choice of either drafting a WR or TE here. In the end I decided to grab one of the WR's I was targeting because there were a few TE's left and I knew atleast one of them would be there with my 12th round pick. I had it narrowed down to either Givens or Broyles at this spot. I went with Givens because he has the ability to put up the occasional big score which he proved he is capable of doing this past season. 6 times this season Givens put scores of 10+ points and 3 times scores of 15+ points, not bad for my 5th WR. Givens should be able to get me a few usable scored during the season and that's all I can ask for in the 11th round. I alsco considered Broyles, Moeaki, and a couple other TE's I won't name because they are still on the board.

12.03 Tony Moeaki TE KC: In the 12th round I knew I wanted to land my 2nd TE. I was trying to decide on which one of the three I wanted to go with and decided in the end to go with Moeaki. TE's seem to do well in Andy Reid's offense. Moeaki has done ok in KC considering who has been throwing him the ball in KC. I can only imagine what he can do with a good QB throwing him the ball. I felt like of the three TE's I was targeting that Moeaki had the most upside. I also considered two other TE's at this spot.

A look at my team for the first two-thirds of the draft1.01 Captain Hook - Adrian Peterson - RB1 - Min2.16 Captain Hook - Wes Welker - WR9 - NE 3.01 Captain Hook - Reggie Wayne - WR10 - IND4.16 Captain Hook - Ben Roethlisberger - QB14 - PIT5.01 Captain Hook - Josh Freeman - QB15 - TB6.16 Captain Hook - Heath Miller - TE9 - PIT7.01 Captain Hook - Brandon Myers - TE10 - OAK 8.16 Captain Hook - Golden Tate, WR48 - SEA9.01 Captain Hook - Bernard Pierce, RB38, BAL10.16 Captain Hook - Marcel Reese, RB, OAK11.01 Captain Hook - Mohammed Sanu, WR, CIN12.15 Captain Hook - Arizona Cardinals DST13.01 Captain Hook - Scott Chandler, TE, BUFRound 1 - no brainer here to get the best RB I couldTurn 2/3 - I wanted the best two WR I could get if there were no STUD TE left; sadly you guys took several players I liked better but I think Welker and Wayne - the old school - will still be very productive in 2013 and will give me a base of points every week with APTurn 4/5 - I wanted to take the best two QBs available (unless there was a great TE who mysteriously dropped which didn't happen). Roethlisberger put up solid numbers when on the field and Freeman had some great weeks - hopefully they pair nicely this coming season.Turn 6/7 - When I couldn't get a TE earlier I planned to get the two best available with this pair of picks (as long as I really liked them) Miller and Myers were TE 4/5 last season and I think they will both be good again in 2013Turn 8/9 - Looking to get the best RB2 and WR3 I could. As I mentioned in posting them Golden Tate took huge strides this year and I think will be even better next year working with Robert Wilson. And I think we have seen Bernard Pierce's role grow even larger in the playoffs for the Ravens. Turn 10/11 - Again looking for a RB and WR who can add some decent weeks - both these guys have and I think will again next yearTurn 12/13 - While I personally think it's early for drafting DST, I won't pick after this pair for almost two full rounds and we have all seen runs go crazy so grabbing one I like with the best already gone. Frankly I wasn't aware that Heath Miller's injury/surgery had been so extensive so adding a third one here and Chandler who had ACL surgery in December says he will be ready before the start of the year and seems like good value here - he always has a couple of big scoring games so good for this format to get the best score of the three.

My team so far:

1.02 Jeff Pasquino - Arian Foster - RB2 - Hou

2.15 Jeff Pasquino - Roddy White - WR8 - ATL

3.02 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Ryan - QB5 - ATL

4.15 Jeff Pasquino - Miles Austin - WR26 - DAL

5.02 Jeff Pasquino - Mike Wallace - WR27 - PIT/FA

6.15 Jeff Pasquino - Dennis Pitta - TE8 - BAL

7.02 Jeff Pasquino - Jay Cutler - QB19 - CHI
Certainly liked the Foster (lots of TDs and PPR love), Roddy White and Matt Ryan (pass-happy Falcons) start as the anchor to the team.I certainly like my WRs. Austin isn't a stud, but solid in PPR league. I like a solid, consistent WR2 in a PPR league like this. Mike Wallace as a WR3? Wow, absolutely yes, even with his uncertainty due to FA. If he lands in, say, New England or New Orleans? Wow.

Thought about reaching for RB2 at the 6/7 turn a little, but really happy to have helped start the mega-runs at QB and TE in Rds 6 and 7. Some nice RBs went at the 5/6 turn (esp. Wilson, was eying him since the 4/5 turn), but I think with Foster already on the team I wanted strength elsewhere for now.

Good pick by Fiddles on Flacco, but I like Cutler more for his big game upside - but would have been torn on Flacco for sure.

We'll see how the depth rounds out this roster.
Continuing the conversation....
8.15 Jeff Pasquino - Daryl Richardson - RB38 - STL

9.02 Jeff Pasquino - Brent Celek - TE17 - PHI

10.15 Jeff Pasquino - Ben Tate - RB46 - HOU

11.02 Jeff Pasquino - Bilal Powell - RB48 - NYJ
Three of four picks at RB, but for good reason. Only 1 RB on the team, so this is basically an "all in" on Arian Foster to support my running back position. I think Richardson and Powell both have good shots at good contributions for STL and NYJ, respectively. Had to take Ben Tate when I did (as Cap'n pointed out, just in time) as this basically locks up Foster/Tate for the Houston lead RB position.The bye week would hurt of course, but when you're all in on Foster, you can't afford not to have his backup.

Celek is a strong TE2 I think, especially in Chip Kelly's offense coming to Philadelphia.

Full roster:

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace

I like it. Certainly needs some depth at WR, but in best ball that can be built. After the Top 30-40 WRs, they all seem pretty flat from value point of view, so snagging 3 early and then addressing depth at QB, TE then RB looked like a solid plan to me. We'll see how it goes.
12.15 Jeff Pasquino - Davone Bess - WR68 - MIA

13.02 Jeff Pasquino - New England - DEF/ST7  
Adding depth for WR4 here with a solid PPR player, who had 61-778-1 through 13 games last year. That put him at 49th overall last season in PPR scoring for the year and would have him at over 180 fantasy points for 16 games - and that's still with him needing a map to the end zone. If his TDs leveled out to the normal one per every 12-15 catches for most Top 50 WRs, he's a solid WR3 in this format at worst.New England defense - the run is likely to come now, and grabbing a team that was Top 10 last year and has several good matchups coming in 2013 (Miami x2, Buffalo x2, NY Jets x2, Cleveland, Carolina) plus a strong offense that should keep the defense rested, and you have to like their chances at finishing in the Top 10 for fantasy defenses once again.

Full roster:

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Davone Bess

D/ST - New England

'FUBAR said:
Fwiw, i almost took bess back at the 9/10 turn. He's a great value here.
I thought so as well.Always interesting to see where my other picks go in WSL2 and WSL3.I'm either way ahead of the curve on Daryl Richardson or off my rocker.

If you just look at the past yes but if he is the number 3 receiver which is likely then no.
1. It is a 3-WR set league any more. Lots of teams want to get that nickel or dime defense on the field.2. Bess is good possession / slot type guy like Welker or Amendola (not saying he's as good, but that's his "type"). Doesn't have to be the flanker or split end.3. Fasano is aging fast and the youngsters are very, very young. Not sure if any TE is really much in the mix next year.4. Tannehill is up and coming and the Dolphins need a good passing game.5. Reggie Bush may not be back, which means more passes going to a slot-type guy.I think he's a good shot at 70 catches next year.

'FUBAR said:
Fwiw, i almost took bess back at the 9/10 turn. He's a great value here.
Last year he went undrafted in WSL1. Sinrman netted 30 points from him over the year in WSL3. He's a good pick if you made poor WR picks earlier in the draft. He's a dud if your other picks suit up and stay healthy.

If you just look at the past yes but if he is the number 3 receiver which is likely then no.
1. It is a 3-WR set league any more. Lots of teams want to get that nickel or dime defense on the field.2. Bess is good possession / slot type guy like Welker or Amendola (not saying he's as good, but that's his "type"). Doesn't have to be the flanker or split end.3. Fasano is aging fast and the youngsters are very, very young. Not sure if any TE is really much in the mix next year.4. Tannehill is up and coming and the Dolphins need a good passing game.5. Reggie Bush may not be back, which means more passes going to a slot-type guy.I think he's a good shot at 70 catches next year.
Yup. About 4 +/- 2 recpts a week plus 50 +/- 20 yards will cover 75% of his weeks best case scenario.

Let's be honest they haven't had an in the mix tight end since mcmichael. I can't think of many, I mean any third wrs that put up 70 recepts or even ithe stats that are being thrown around in the above. Bush didn't catch many balls last year so not much to redistribute there. Tannehill will develop but Im not high on Bess unless haerline walks.

Let's be honest they haven't had an in the mix tight end since mcmichael. I can't think of many, I mean any third wrs that put up 70 recepts or even ithe stats that are being thrown around in the above. Bush didn't catch many balls last year so not much to redistribute there. Tannehill will develop but Im not high on Bess unless haerline walks.
Interesting debate here - but that's most of the fun for me in these drafts.I'm sticking with Bess as a value pick at this point of the draft.I pretty much said that TE won't be in the mix much next year, but you still have to give Fasano a little credit for 41 catches and five touchdowns. Not sure what point you're trying to make other than agreeing with me on that.As for his being a 3rd WR, who are you thinking steps up as a WR2? Hartline could also easily walk. Look at the Miami targets (and keep in mind, Miami barely threw it 500 times last year, finishing 24th overall in pass attempts):Dolphins with over 40 targets:Hartline 131Bess 105 (in 13 games)Fasano 68Reggie Bush 52Unless they go out and sign two veterans, Bess should be one of the two starting wideouts in Miami next year and see 120+ targets if he plays all 16 games.As far as BNB's point about 4-50 being his weekly average, I'm OK with that for WR68 off the board and a highly probable starter. WR4 here - if he is indeed the 4th best scorer for my team each week - will count 3x during bye weeks (if my first 3 guys don't share byes). I'd take nine points that week as a baseline replacement WR. I wanted a high floor guy for WR4 and Bess fits that bill nicely.

Unless they go out and sign two veterans
I fully expect them to do just that. I think they'll spend more at the position than the Redskins did last off season when they added Garcon and Morgan. They project to have around $40-45 million in cap space and they'll get their promising young QB some weapons.I'll actually be surprised if the plan for Bess is anything more than the slot WR. On the other hand I'd be equally surprised if it was any less. That's a good role for him and the kind of role he can be a 60-70 catch kind of guy. He's not a player without value but I think he went about where he should have gone. I think I picked him in this area in one of the survivor leagues last year and he gave me about 4-5 games. Like B&B said he's a good guy to have on a thin WR group but you'd be hard pressed to come up with a 60+ catch projected WR with less upside.

Trent Richardson, Chris Johnson, Victor Cruz, Eli Manning, Dwayne Bowe, Owen Daniels, Coby Fleener, then Schaub, and Boldin in the cuts...that is a workman like draft and while not flashy probably stays off the bottom most weeks. I think the Pimp has quietly put together a nice draft. I would have drafted Hankerson over the rookie but that's Miami bias by me.

1.08 Jimmy Graham - TE1 - NO2.09 DeMarco Murray - RB13 - Dallas3.08 Jordy Nelson - WR13 - GB4.09 Ryan Matthews RB20 - SDMiddle of the order is such a No man's land. Started with Jimmy Graham. The RB run went deep, 2 pt per rec for TE and I think with Payton being back next year the Saints are going to have an F U NFL attitude and will really try to turn things up. Murray is a decent value at RB13 with his situation in Dallas if he can stay healthy because we have seen the difference in the offense with him in the lineup. I was amazed and stoked that Nelson was still there with my 3rd round pick. GB is and will be a pass first offense and while you never know who might get the catches, having one of the top 3 in that offense is value. Matthews is a swing for the fences hope he finally gets it player who hopefully can impress the new coaching staff enough to get the touches.
5.08 Torrey Smith - WR32 - BAL6.09 Jacquizz Rodgers - RB30 - ATL7.08 Kyle Rudolph - TE12 - MIN8.09 Mark Sanchez - QB26 - NYJ9.08 Vincent Brown - WR51 - SD10.09 Kevin Kolb - QB29 - AZ11.08 Ronnie Hillman - RB52 - DEN 12.09 Leonard Hankerson - WR64 - WASH13.08 Vikings DEF/ST 11What started out as a fairly good draft went south in a hurry. Got caught sleeping during the QB run and ended up with Sanchez and Kolb for QBs :unsure: . I see Rodgers getting more touches in ATL next year even if the team keeps Turner or goes out and gets another RB. I also see Hillman's touches going up in Denver next year although the backfield is a little more crowded there. I am still very high on Brown and loved getting him where I did. As a Vikings homer I am looking for Rudolph to take another step this year even with Ponder throwing the ball and the Vikings Def should continue to improve with youth and hopefully Allen and Robison getting healthy.Going to take a lot of work with sleepers to make it a ways in this league next year with this team, but part of the fun of drafting right now is that a lot of things can happen.

1.08 Jimmy Graham - TE1 - NO2.09 DeMarco Murray - RB13 - Dallas3.08 Jordy Nelson - WR13 - GB4.09 Ryan Matthews RB20 - SDMiddle of the order is such a No man's land. Started with Jimmy Graham. The RB run went deep, 2 pt per rec for TE and I think with Payton being back next year the Saints are going to have an F U NFL attitude and will really try to turn things up. Murray is a decent value at RB13 with his situation in Dallas if he can stay healthy because we have seen the difference in the offense with him in the lineup. I was amazed and stoked that Nelson was still there with my 3rd round pick. GB is and will be a pass first offense and while you never know who might get the catches, having one of the top 3 in that offense is value. Matthews is a swing for the fences hope he finally gets it player who hopefully can impress the new coaching staff enough to get the touches.
5.08 Torrey Smith - WR32 - BAL6.09 Jacquizz Rodgers - RB30 - ATL7.08 Kyle Rudolph - TE12 - MIN8.09 Mark Sanchez - QB26 - NYJ9.08 Vincent Brown - WR51 - SD10.09 Kevin Kolb - QB29 - AZ11.08 Ronnie Hillman - RB52 - DEN 12.09 Leonard Hankerson - WR64 - WASH13.08 Vikings DEF/ST 11What started out as a fairly good draft went south in a hurry. Got caught sleeping during the QB run and ended up with Sanchez and Kolb for QBs :unsure: . I see Rodgers getting more touches in ATL next year even if the team keeps Turner or goes out and gets another RB. I also see Hillman's touches going up in Denver next year although the backfield is a little more crowded there. I am still very high on Brown and loved getting him where I did. As a Vikings homer I am looking for Rudolph to take another step this year even with Ponder throwing the ball and the Vikings Def should continue to improve with youth and hopefully Allen and Robison getting healthy.Going to take a lot of work with sleepers to make it a ways in this league next year with this team, but part of the fun of drafting right now is that a lot of things can happen.
It looks to me like you intentionally avoided QBs. Your team would be strong with eli or rg3 instead of Matthews, or flacco instead of rodgers. Add it stands, i don't know how you make it past midseason.

Trent Richardson, Chris Johnson, Victor Cruz, Eli Manning, Dwayne Bowe, Owen Daniels, Coby Fleener, then Schaub, and Boldin in the cuts...that is a workman like draft and while not flashy probably stays off the bottom most weeks. I think the Pimp has quietly put together a nice draft. I would have drafted Hankerson over the rookie but that's Miami bias by me.
Solid. I know he swiped Bowe from me one pick before me and I had to resort to Jennings.If I had a concern with this team it would be the frailness of the TE combo. I actually prefer Fleener over Allen, who I took one spot before Fleener, but having often injured Aaron Hernandez as my other TE I wanted a more durable player so I opted for Allen. The missed games may or may not support this argument but if I was listing out TE's I feel most likely to miss games due to injuries next year I think Daniels and Fleener would head that list and Hernandez would be next.Yes you must have some Miami bias because I don't see Hankerson offering much. Granted he was only in his second season last year but the Garcon and Fred Davis injuries opened the door for him to breakout. He's still inside. With Garcon healthy and Fred Davis or at least a TE better than Paulson on the team I don't see much in the way of upside or reliability in Hankerson.

Interesting debate here - but that's most of the fun for me in these drafts.I'm sticking with Bess as a value pick at this point of the draft.I pretty much said that TE won't be in the mix much next year, but you still have to give Fasano a little credit for 41 catches and five touchdowns. Not sure what point you're trying to make other than agreeing with me on that.As for his being a 3rd WR, who are you thinking steps up as a WR2? Hartline could also easily walk. Look at the Miami targets (and keep in mind, Miami barely threw it 500 times last year, finishing 24th overall in pass attempts):Dolphins with over 40 targets:Hartline 131Bess 105 (in 13 games)Fasano 68Reggie Bush 52Unless they go out and sign two veterans, Bess should be one of the two starting wideouts in Miami next year and see 120+ targets if he plays all 16 games.As far as BNB's point about 4-50 being his weekly average, I'm OK with that for WR68 off the board and a highly probable starter. WR4 here - if he is indeed the 4th best scorer for my team each week - will count 3x during bye weeks (if my first 3 guys don't share byes). I'd take nine points that week as a baseline replacement WR. I wanted a high floor guy for WR4 and Bess fits that bill nicely.
I think we can all agree that Miami will be bringing in at least one if not two vets to give tanny some legitimate wide receivers. He was good as a rook given what he had to work with. Assuming you bring in just one then it is likely you resign hartline.There is quite a bit of data on Bess and he is what he is. Converts 65-70% of targets, good hands and fine in the slot. The last time he played second fiddle to a legit number one he had 80/817/5 but when hartline emerged in 2011 he dropped off when split targets 51/537/3 in a full 16 game slate. His yards per recept were up about 20% in 2012 vs his career average which seems to indicate the number 2 in that offense will have value with tanny there (I didn't really catch any fins games so not sure how much of this was a function of route mix vs prior years) but I don't think anyone would mistake Bess for a guy that should be commanding top 2 wr targets. As a number 3 guy I expect his targets to settle in around 75-85.I anticipate tanny to see perhaps a 10% pop in attempts as the offense continues to grow and is better able to sustain drives. Bess should fall back to about where has been on that level of targets as a number 3 guy in the past. My call is about 55/600/2. Seems to come down to our expectations of who they bring in and where Bess then falls out. You expect him to possibly be one of two starters and I expect him to be the number 3 which likely gets him a target on 15% of dropbacks ilo 25% which a higher conversion rate won't offset.I think he is fine as a wr68 but as meno said doesn't offer upside and given where I expect him to fall out in the pecking order the pick was about where I would have expected. I do agree he is fine as a wr4 who will contribute. Will be interested to see what happens.

Sorry for the delay. Went out for a long bike ride this morning and then proceed to spend the next 2 hours puking my guts out before having to go to work. Regardless, I should have pm'd a pick.Also note, I now have two defenses. :popcorn:

Sorry for the delay. Went out for a long bike ride this morning and then proceed to spend the next 2 hours puking my guts out before having to go to work. Regardless, I should have pm'd a pick.

Also note, I now have two defenses. :popcorn:
What are you trying to say here BassNBrew. People better get their defenses now before you grab your third? ;)

Sorry for the delay. Went out for a long bike ride this morning and then proceed to spend the next 2 hours puking my guts out before having to go to work. Regardless, I should have pm'd a pick.

Also note, I now have two defenses. :popcorn:
What are you trying to say here BassNBrew. People better get their defenses now before you grab your third? ;)
Sounds like you have done your scouting...

QB - Brees, Ponder

RB - Forte, Woodhead

RB - David Wilson, Ingram

WR - Fitzgerald

WR - Nicks, Baldwin

WR - Little, Jeffery

TE - VDavis, Cameron

DEF - San Fran

I figured there would be a run on D/ST soon and I wanted to be sure to get one I like so I popped the D cherry. The WRs and RBs available at this point aren't overly impressive, although two remain on top of my list... crossing fingers.
Looks like I guessed right or sparked the run on D/ST. Glad I took one when I did (not sure if SF is the best D or not, but they're good). Almost took a 2nd D here but figured I'd take my chances that a fair one will remain another 2 rounds. Or I'll just roll with SF, not a huge issue.

Really needed a 4th RB. Woodhead is pretty much a shot in the dark. Could be valuable if he stays in NE or finds a similar role on another team. He's no Sproles, but he seems to be one of the better 3rd down / receiving backs in the league, he'll find a role on a team somewhere.

Baldwin - I almost took him or Hankerson last round. Glad to see he remained. Gives me another home run hitter along with Jeffery, of the Rob Deer variety (lots of strike outs, with an occasional electrifying home run).

Overall I'm happy so far. 6 solid players in Brees, Forte, Fitz, Nicks, Davis and SF D; Wilson, Cameron, Jeffery, Baldwin and to a lesser degree Ingram provide the potential bang that a team needs to win this thing. Pretty much the mix I was going for. Of course I have to be right on the players and not just the strategy.

QB - Romo, VickWR - JulioJones, Vincent Jackson, Josh Gordon,stephen hill, nate burlesonRB - Bradshaw, Vick Ballad, Gio Bernard, knowshonTE - gronkowskiD - Seattle, PittBradshaw thing hurts, dont think he will be out of the league, was hoping to snag him & d.wilson around that turn. Im a wilson owner in a couple dynos so im happy.RB could be a big issue here.

re: BessThe 'phins have the WORST GM in the league. Never put it past them to F up another personal descision until Ireland gets replaced.

Just a reminder that we're now on a 6 hour clock and the clocks that have been reduce to 4 hours are now 3 hours, etc. Next bogey is to be done with round 15 by Wed morning. If we're not there we'll be going to a 4 hour clock. 1.5 rounds in two days shouldn't be a problem. Please use the pm function if you aren't going to be around.

BradySpiller, Leshoure, DuJuan, P ThomasCobb, S Smith, Amendola, M Williams, K WrightM Bennett, J TammeGostkowski, WalshWent with my top 2 kickers instead of going D. A lot of kicker turmoil around the league to dilly dally here. Happy so far with the roster, but will be subject to massive swings in FA.

QB - Romo, VickWR - JulioJones, Vincent Jackson, Josh Gordon,stephen hill, nate burlesonRB - Bradshaw, Vick Ballad, Gio Bernard, knowshonTE - gronkowskiD - Seattle, PittBradshaw thing hurts, dont think he will be out of the league, was hoping to snag him & d.wilson around that turn. Im a wilson owner in a couple dynos so im happy.RB could be a big issue here.
Looks like Vick re-structured, I think he's a better fit than Foles for Kellys O.We will see, good news to counter the Bradshaw issue some

1.15 Aaron Rodgers - QB1 - GB7.15 Carson Palmer - QB24 - OAK5.15 Eddie Lacy - RB25 - ROOK6.02 BenJarvus Green-Ellis - RB27 - CIN8.02 Chris "Beanie" Wells - RB35 - AZ11.15 Bryce Brown - RB57 - PHI2.02 AJ Green - WR3 - Cincy3.15 Michael Crabtree - WR17 - SF4.02 Marques Colston - WR20 - NO12.02 Ryan Broyles - WR63 - DET 13.15 Nate Washington9.15 Jared Cook - TE19 - TEN10.02 Dustin Keller - TE20 - NYJ/?14.02 Baltimore Ravens DSTAfter taking WRs in 2/3/4, I had to play catchup at other spots. Adding Beanie and Brown gives me an acceptable group of RBs who should get touches every week. Cook/Keller is a low floor high ceiling group, but I have always been a fan of Keller's talent and hopefully he gets out of NY. Got killed on some runs, but that happens being on the turn here. After taking safe picks in rounds 1-4, I've been taking higher risk guys to fill out my lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread