What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

A look at my team for the first fifteen rounds of the draft1.01 Captain Hook - Adrian Peterson - RB1 - Min2.16 Captain Hook - Wes Welker - WR9 - NE 3.01 Captain Hook - Reggie Wayne - WR10 - IND4.16 Captain Hook - Ben Roethlisberger - QB14 - PIT5.01 Captain Hook - Josh Freeman - QB15 - TB6.16 Captain Hook - Heath Miller - TE9 - PIT7.01 Captain Hook - Brandon Myers - TE10 - OAK 8.16 Captain Hook - Golden Tate, WR48 - SEA9.01 Captain Hook - Bernard Pierce, RB38, BAL10.16 Captain Hook - Marcel Reese, RB, OAK11.01 Captain Hook - Mohammed Sanu, WR, CIN12.15 Captain Hook - Arizona Cardinals DST13.01 Captain Hook - Scott Chandler, TE, BUF14.16 Captain Hook - Tennessee Titans, DST15.01 Captain Hook - Greg Zuerlein, K, STLRound 1 - no brainer here to get the best RB I couldTurn 2/3 - I wanted the best two WR I could get if there were no STUD TE left; sadly you guys took several players I liked better but I think Welker and Wayne - the old school - will still be very productive in 2013 and will give me a base of points every week with APTurn 4/5 - I wanted to take the best two QBs available (unless there was a great TE who mysteriously dropped which didn't happen). Roethlisberger put up solid numbers when on the field and Freeman had some great weeks - hopefully they pair nicely this coming season.Turn 6/7 - When I couldn't get a TE earlier I planned to get the two best available with this pair of picks (as long as I really liked them) Miller and Myers were TE 4/5 last season and I think they will both be good again in 2013Turn 8/9 - Looking to get the best RB2 and WR3 I could. As I mentioned in posting them Golden Tate took huge strides this year and I think will be even better next year working with Robert Wilson. And I think we have seen Bernard Pierce's role grow even larger in the playoffs for the Ravens. Turn 10/11 - Again looking for a RB and WR who can add some decent weeks - both these guys have and I think will again next yearTurn 12/13 - While I personally think it's early for drafting DST, I won't pick after this pair for almost two full rounds and we have all seen runs go crazy so grabbing one I like with the best already gone. Frankly I wasn't aware that Heath Miller's injury/surgery had been so extensive so adding a third one here and Chandler who had ACL surgery in December says he will be ready before the start of the year and seems like good value here - he always has a couple of big scoring games so good for this format to get the best score of the three. Turn 14/15 - Took Titans DST as my second D - mentioned with the pick they had three huge games last year and I like the potential for that with a second DST. Hopefully Greg the Leg gets the crap out of his head and reverts to the form that had him the leading kicker earlier in the year - and I still think the Rams will have trouble scoring so he will get lots of chances.

4.03 Russell Wilson QB9 SEA

6.03 Philip Rivers QB17 SD

1.14 Alfred Morris RB10 WAS

8.03 Lamar Miller RB36 MIA

9.14 Fred Jackson RB43 BUF

15.14 Montee Ball RB62 ROOK

3.14 Eric Decker WR16 DEN

5.14 James Jones WR34 GB

7.14 Lance Moore WR39 NO

10.03 Michael Floyd WR56 ARI

11.14 Chris Givens WR62 STL

14.03 Reuben Randle WR72 NYG

2.03 Jason Witten TE3 DAL

12.03 Tony Moeaki TE28 KC

13.14 San Diego Chargers D/ST15

16.03 Carolina Panthers D/ST28

1.14 Alfred Morris RB WAS: I liked getting Morris at the end of round one, there are only so many RB's available in a 16 team league and getting a RB that ran for 1,400 yards at the end of round 1 sounds good to me. I also considered Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, and Jason Witten at this pick.

2.03 Jason Witten TE DAL: I was very happy to land Jason Witten in round 2. With the 2 PPR for TE's in this league the top TE's can score a lot of points. Witten held his own with the top TE's this past season. I also considered Julio Jones, Tom Brady, and Aaron Hernandez at this pick.

3.14 Eric Decker WR DEN: In round 3 I knew I wanted to target a WR, RB, or QB depending who was there for my pick. Eric Decker is one of those WR's that can get you a huge number on any given week plus he is on a high powered passing attack offense. I also considered Larry Fitzgerald, Russell Wilson and Tony Romo.

4.03 Russell Wilson QB SEA: Since I already had a RB, WR, & TE I was targeting a QB unless there was good value at another position left. I ended up drafting Russell Wilson because I like the fact that Wilson could go off and score me a few huge weeks during the season. I also considered Tony Romo here but I already had Jason Witten so it helped to make my decision easier on who to draft between Wilson and Romo.

5.14 James Jones WR GB: Since I started the draft with a player from each of the offensive positions I could take best player available no matter what the position and I liked James Jones the most. Once again I took a WR on a high flying passing attack team. I also liked the fact that Jones has the potential to get me a few weeks with a huge score. I also considered David Wilson, T.Y. Hilton and Philip Rivers.

6.03 Philip Rivers QB SD: I didn't know when the next QB run was going to start and being on the ends I didn't want to get caught on the wrong end of a QB run so I decided to draft Rivers in the 6th. I think the new coaching staff will get Rivers back on track and I see a good year for Rivers this year. Plus as much as I like Russell he is young and might get 1 or 2 stinker games in there and it will be nice to have a veteran backup if that does happen. I also considered T.Y. Hilton and Vick Ballard.

7.14 Lance Moore WR NO: Since I had 2 QB's already and a stud TE I knew I would be looking at WR and RB at the 7th round pick. I decided to go with Lance Moore because like Decker and Jones, Moore is capable of putting up a few huge scoring weeks during the season. Plus once again I picked a WR from a team that passes the ball a lot with premium QB's throwing them the football. I also considered Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Kenny Britt.

8.03 Lamar Miller RB MIA: In the 8th round I considered drafting my 4th WR but I decided to grab a RB because its a long time until I draft again since I'm picking at the ends. I decided to take Lamar Miller because of the RB's available I felt like he had the highest upside of any RB's left. If Reggie Bush does sign with another team then I think Miller will be #1 on the RB depth chart. I also considered Mark Ingram, Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Kenny Britt.

9.14 Fred Jackson RB BUF: In round 9 I was looking at drafting a WR or RB. Since there were a couple of WR's I was comfortable with taking I decided to hold off on WR until round 10 and decided to grab a RB especially since I only had 2 RB's at this time it would be nice to grab a 3rd RB that could hopefully contribute a few scores during the season. I decided on taking Fred Jackson. I still think he has something left in the tank. C.J. Spiller will be the lead back but I think Fred Jackson will be used enough to get me a few usable scored during the season. I was also looking at Bilal Powell, Michael Floyd and Alshon Jeffery at this spot.

10.03 Michael Floyd WR ARI: I knew I wanted to target a WR in the 10th round. I was targeting one of two WR's Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery. Since Alshon was taken a couple picks before mine it made my decision easy. I decided on Michael Floyd because I think he is going to take a big step in year two. I think Arizona will fix the QB situation one way or another. I considered drafting a TE or Keenan Allen here as well.

11.14 Chris Givins WR STL: With the 11th round pick I wasn't real excited about the RB's left so then I had to make the choice of either drafting a WR or TE here. In the end I decided to grab one of the WR's I was targeting because there were a few TE's left and I knew atleast one of them would be there with my 12th round pick. I had it narrowed down to either Givens or Broyles at this spot. I went with Givens because he has the ability to put up the occasional big score which he proved he is capable of doing this past season. 6 times this season Givens put scores of 10+ points and 3 times scores of 15+ points, not bad for my 5th WR. Givens should be able to get me a few usable scored during the season and that's all I can ask for in the 11th round. I alsco considered Broyles, Moeaki, and a couple other TE's I won't name because they are still on the board.

12.03 Tony Moeaki TE KC: In the 12th round I knew I wanted to land my 2nd TE. I was trying to decide on which one of the three I wanted to go with and decided in the end to go with Moeaki. TE's seem to do well in Andy Reid's offense. Moeaki has done ok in KC considering who has been throwing him the ball in KC. I can only imagine what he can do with a good QB throwing him the ball. I felt like of the three TE's I was targeting that Moeaki had the most upside. I also considered two other TE's at this spot.

13.14 San Diego Chargers D/ST15: I'm not a big proponent of taking defenses early. I wait as long as I can before I have to start taking defenses. I would rather spend earlier picks on WR and RB depth. With the 13th round pick I decided to go with a defense. I new I couldn't wait any longer and wanted to atleast grab 1 defense at this turn, since its a long time until I pick again. I decided to grab the Chargers because they were my highest rated defense left on the board. At this pick I also considered Jonathan Baldwin and Reuben Randle.

14.03 Reuben Randle WR72 NYG: If Randle can win the #3 job with the Giants then I have no doubt he has the potential of getting me a few scores during the season. During Manningham's final three seasons with the Giants he averaged 763 yards and 6 TD's per year. If Randle can come even close to that I would be estatic with Randle as my WR6. I also considered taking my 2nd defense here but decided to wait because I couldn't pass on Randle, I'm sure Randle wouldn't have made it back to me.

15.14 Montee Ball RB62 ROOK: I decided to grab a RB with this pick. I drafted Montee Ball because I'm not real excited with the veterans left out there. Montee Ball was my next rated rookie RB left on the board. With only 3 RB's on my roster before this pick I needed to make a swing for the fences pick here and hope that Montee Ball lands in a nice spot during the draft. I also considered taking a defense or kicker here.

16.03 Carolina Panthers D/ST28: Like I said earlier I don't like to draft defenses early. I prefer to spend those picks on RB and WR depth. I chose the Panthers because they were my next rated defense on my draft board and being the 28th defense there wasn't much to choose from. As long as I get two defenses I am happy. I don't believe in drafting more then 2 defenses so I'm done with this position for the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

5.14 James Jones WR34 GB

7.14 Lance Moore WR39 NO

1.14 Alfred Morris RB WAS: I liked getting Morris at the end of round one, there are only so many RB's available in a 16 team league and getting a RB that ran for 1,400 yards at the end of round 1 sounds good to me. I also considered Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, and Jason Witten at this pick.

2.03 Jason Witten TE DAL: I was very happy to land Jason Witten in round 2. With the 2 PPR for TE's in this league the top TE's can score a lot of points. Witten held his own with the top TE's this past season. I also considered Julio Jones, Tom Brady, and Aaron Hernandez at this pick.

3.14 Eric Decker WR DEN: In round 3 I knew I wanted to target a WR, RB, or QB depending who was there for my pick. Eric Decker is one of those WR's that can get you a huge number on any given week plus he is on a high powered passing attack offense. I also considered Larry Fitzgerald, Russell Wilson and Tony Romo.

4.03 Russell Wilson QB SEA: Since I already had a RB, WR, & TE I was targeting a QB unless there was good value at another position left. I ended up drafting Russell Wilson because I like the fact that Wilson could go off and score me a few huge weeks during the season. I also considered Tony Romo here but I already had Jason Witten so it helped to make my decision easier on who to draft between Wilson and Romo.

5.14 James Jones WR GB: Since I started the draft with a player from each of the offensive positions I could take best player available no matter what the position and I liked James Jones the most. Once again I took a WR on a high flying passing attack team. I also liked the fact that Jones has the potential to get me a few weeks with a huge score. I also considered David Wilson, T.Y. Hilton and Philip Rivers.

6.03 Philip Rivers QB SD: I didn't know when the next QB run was going to start and being on the ends I didn't want to get caught on the wrong end of a QB run so I decided to draft Rivers in the 6th. I think the new coaching staff will get Rivers back on track and I see a good year for Rivers this year. Plus as much as I like Russell he is young and might get 1 or 2 stinker games in there and it will be nice to have a veteran backup if that does happen. I also considered T.Y. Hilton and Vick Ballard.

7.14 Lance Moore WR NO: Since I had 2 QB's already and a stud TE I knew I would be looking at WR and RB at the 7th round pick. I decided to go with Lance Moore because like Decker and Jones, Moore is capable of putting up a few huge scoring weeks during the season. Plus once again I picked a WR from a team that passes the ball a lot with premium QB's throwing them the football. I also considered Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Kenny Britt.

8.03 Lamar Miller RB MIA: In the 8th round I considered drafting my 4th WR but I decided to grab a RB because its a long time until I draft again since I'm picking at the ends. I decided to take Lamar Miller because of the RB's available I felt like he had the highest upside of any RB's left. If Reggie Bush does sign with another team then I think Miller will be #1 on the RB depth chart. I also considered Mark Ingram, Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Kenny Britt.

9.14 Fred Jackson RB BUF: In round 9 I was looking at drafting a WR or RB. Since there were a couple of WR's I was comfortable with taking I decided to hold off on WR until round 10 and decided to grab a RB especially since I only had 2 RB's at this time it would be nice to grab a 3rd RB that could hopefully contribute a few scores during the season. I decided on taking Fred Jackson. I still think he has something left in the tank. C.J. Spiller will be the lead back but I think Fred Jackson will be used enough to get me a few usable scored during the season. I was also looking at Bilal Powell, Michael Floyd and Alshon Jeffery at this spot.

10.03 Michael Floyd WR ARI: I knew I wanted to target a WR in the 10th round. I was targeting one of two WR's Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery. Since Alshon was taken a couple picks before mine it made my decision easy. I decided on Michael Floyd because I think he is going to take a big step in year two. I think Arizona will fix the QB situation one way or another. I considered drafting a TE or Keenan Allen here as well.

11.14 Chris Givins WR STL: With the 11th round pick I wasn't real excited about the RB's left so then I had to make the choice of either drafting a WR or TE here. In the end I decided to grab one of the WR's I was targeting because there were a few TE's left and I knew atleast one of them would be there with my 12th round pick. I had it narrowed down to either Givens or Broyles at this spot. I went with Givens because he has the ability to put up the occasional big score which he proved he is capable of doing this past season. 6 times this season Givens put scores of 10+ points and 3 times scores of 15+ points, not bad for my 5th WR. Givens should be able to get me a few usable scored during the season and that's all I can ask for in the 11th round. I alsco considered Broyles, Moeaki, and a couple other TE's I won't name because they are still on the board.

12.03 Tony Moeaki TE KC: In the 12th round I knew I wanted to land my 2nd TE. I was trying to decide on which one of the three I wanted to go with and decided in the end to go with Moeaki. TE's seem to do well in Andy Reid's offense. Moeaki has done ok in KC considering who has been throwing him the ball in KC. I can only imagine what he can do with a good QB throwing him the ball. I felt like of the three TE's I was targeting that Moeaki had the most upside. I also considered two other TE's at this spot.

13.14 San Diego Chargers D/ST15: I'm not a big proponent of taking defenses early. I wait as long as I can before I have to start taking defenses. I would rather spend earlier picks on WR and RB depth. With the 13th round pick I decided to go with a defense. I new I couldn't wait any longer and wanted to atleast grab 1 defense at this turn, since its a long time until I pick again. I decided to grab the Chargers because they were my highest rated defense left on the board. At this pick I also considered Jonathan Baldwin and Reuben Randle.

14.03 Reuben Randle WR72 NYG: If Randle can win the #3 job with the Giants then I have no doubt he has the potential of getting me a few scores during the season. During Manningham's final three seasons with the Giants he averaged 763 yards and 6 TD's per year. If Randle can come even close to that I would be estatic with Randle as my WR6. I also considered taking my 2nd defense here but decided to wait because I couldn't pass on Randle, I'm sure Randle wouldn't have made it back to me.

15.14 Montee Ball RB62 ROOK: I decided to grab a RB with this pick. I drafted Montee Ball because I'm not real excited with the veterans left out there. Montee Ball was my next rated rookie RB left on the board. With only 3 RB's on my roster before this pick I needed to make a swing for the fences pick here and hope that Montee Ball lands in a nice spot during the draft. I also considered taking a defense or kicker here.

16.03 Carolina Panthers D/ST28: Like I said earlier I don't like to draft defenses early. I prefer to spend those picks on RB and WR depth. I chose the Panthers because they were my next rated defense on my draft board and being the 28th defense there wasn't much to choose from. As long as I get two defenses I am happy. I don't believe in drafting more then 2 defenses so I'm done with this position for the draft.
I really like your team. You're set at QB and got excellent value with both picks. FJax saved a potential RB hole. Talented WRs with explosive potential. I think Jones was a great value. You handled TE very well. Carolina D should have gone much sooner and I would have taken them as a third defense because of the value. There DEs are studs. You're pushing things at kicker.I haven't looked at all the teams yet for comparision sake, but you have to be in the top half at a bare minimun and could be of of the better teams.

QB - Stafford, KapRB - Lynch, MJD, BrownWR - DJax, TY Hilton, Britt, D. Moore, Streater, SimpsonTE - Pettigrew, F. DavisD - Chicago, STLSince I last updated...9.10 D. Moore - Felt like a steal for my WR4. He went much earlier in the other leagues. Got to believe he's the number one in Oakland.10.07 F. Davis - Not sure where he lands, but he has talent. Wouldn't mind ATL. With a consistant Pettigrew in tow I wanted an upside pick and I think Davis suits.11.10 A. Brown - Even if he isn't the starter in NY (project to bring him back), he'll get the goal line carries. He had a better yards per carry than Wilson. Low floor, very high ceiling here.12.07 Chicago D - Wanted a top D and accomplished that.13.10 STL D - Didn't see much on the board that I liked here. Selected STL based on their sack total from last year. The stat seems not to vary drastically relative to other D categories and leads to opportunities for other good things to happen.14.07 R. Streater - I like this guy and he had a decent year. By pairing him with Moore I should have a nice WR score posted each week from this combo.15.10 Bailey - It was time for a kicker. Selected him based on combo of team's offense and FG % this year.16.7 J. Simpson - Free agent. Was all the rage last year. Injuries and suspension slowed him this year. Rolling the dice on an athletic freak.Feel like I'm at or near the top at QB and RB and D. TE should be average. WR depth hopefully covers the lack of top end talent. K will be average at best.Seems like a strong contender to me. No major weaknesses and several strengths.

My team so far:

1.02 Jeff Pasquino - Arian Foster - RB2 - Hou

2.15 Jeff Pasquino - Roddy White - WR8 - ATL

3.02 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Ryan - QB5 - ATL

4.15 Jeff Pasquino - Miles Austin - WR26 - DAL

5.02 Jeff Pasquino - Mike Wallace - WR27 - PIT/FA

6.15 Jeff Pasquino - Dennis Pitta - TE8 - BAL

7.02 Jeff Pasquino - Jay Cutler - QB19 - CHI
Certainly liked the Foster (lots of TDs and PPR love), Roddy White and Matt Ryan (pass-happy Falcons) start as the anchor to the team.I certainly like my WRs. Austin isn't a stud, but solid in PPR league. I like a solid, consistent WR2 in a PPR league like this. Mike Wallace as a WR3? Wow, absolutely yes, even with his uncertainty due to FA. If he lands in, say, New England or New Orleans? Wow.

Thought about reaching for RB2 at the 6/7 turn a little, but really happy to have helped start the mega-runs at QB and TE in Rds 6 and 7. Some nice RBs went at the 5/6 turn (esp. Wilson, was eying him since the 4/5 turn), but I think with Foster already on the team I wanted strength elsewhere for now.

Good pick by Fiddles on Flacco, but I like Cutler more for his big game upside - but would have been torn on Flacco for sure.

We'll see how the depth rounds out this roster.
Continuing the conversation....
8.15 Jeff Pasquino - Daryl Richardson - RB38 - STL

9.02 Jeff Pasquino - Brent Celek - TE17 - PHI

10.15 Jeff Pasquino - Ben Tate - RB46 - HOU

11.02 Jeff Pasquino - Bilal Powell - RB48 - NYJ
Three of four picks at RB, but for good reason. Only 1 RB on the team, so this is basically an "all in" on Arian Foster to support my running back position. I think Richardson and Powell both have good shots at good contributions for STL and NYJ, respectively. Had to take Ben Tate when I did (as Cap'n pointed out, just in time) as this basically locks up Foster/Tate for the Houston lead RB position.The bye week would hurt of course, but when you're all in on Foster, you can't afford not to have his backup.

Celek is a strong TE2 I think, especially in Chip Kelly's offense coming to Philadelphia.

Full roster:

QB - Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler

RB - Arian Foster/Ben Tate, Daryl Richardson, Bilal Powell

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace

TE - Dennis Pitta, Brent Celek

I like it. Certainly needs some depth at WR, but in best ball that can be built. After the Top 30-40 WRs, they all seem pretty flat from value point of view, so snagging 3 early and then addressing depth at QB, TE then RB looked like a solid plan to me. We'll see how it goes.
12.15 Jeff Pasquino - Davone Bess - WR68 - MIA

13.02 Jeff Pasquino - New England - DEF/ST7  
Adding depth for WR4 here with a solid PPR player, who had 61-778-1 through 13 games last year. That put him at 49th overall last season in PPR scoring for the year and would have him at over 180 fantasy points for 16 games - and that's still with him needing a map to the end zone. If his TDs leveled out to the normal one per every 12-15 catches for most Top 50 WRs, he's a solid WR3 in this format at worst.New England defense - the run is likely to come now, and grabbing a team that was Top 10 last year and has several good matchups coming in 2013 (Miami x2, Buffalo x2, NY Jets x2, Cleveland, Carolina) plus a strong offense that should keep the defense rested, and you have to like their chances at finishing in the Top 10 for fantasy defenses once again.

Full roster:

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Davone Bess

D/ST - New England
14.15 Jeff Pasquino - Mason Crosby - PK5 - GB

15.02 Jeff Pasquino -  Philadelphia Eagles - DEF/ST19

16.15 Jeff Pasquino - Donnie Avery - WR81 - INDY

17.02 Jeff Pasquino - Phil Dawson - PK22 - CLE/FA
Updating my team, I added a strong kicker who looks to be back in Green Bay and the top FA PK (Dawson) who was 29 of 31 for FGs last year. Even if he isn't back in Cleveland (which I think would be a plus) he is the top FA PK on most lists. Amazing how much PK uncertainty there is this year.Second defense - Eagles. Not a bad pick as they will force turnovers and rack up sacks under new coaching staff as there is talent there, and an improved offense will help keep them fresh.

Avery was a nice grab this late. Even though he is unsigned, the Colts want him back and he had good numbers (62-793-3) with a ton of targets (131) on a team that loves to throw. Even with drop issues, he's a player who can have big games and contribute to cover bye week issues and has enough upside to be used 3-5 times.

Full roster:

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Davone Bess, Donnie Avery

PK - Mason Crosby, Phil Dawson

D/ST - New England, Philadelphia

I'm surprised you took Crosby. He was absolutely awful last year. He was missing 40 yarders in warmups in their first playoff game.

I'm surprised you took Crosby. He was absolutely awful last year. He was missing 40 yarders in warmups in their first playoff game.
In hindsight I might not have gone in that direction - was picking "GB PK" instead of Crosby, to be honest - but in reading recent news the ST Coach gave him a vote of confidence.Kickers are a mess right now, to be honest, across the league.

In hindsight I might not have gone in that direction - was picking "GB PK" instead of Crosby, to be honest - but in reading recent news the ST Coach gave him a vote of confidence.Kickers are a mess right now, to be honest, across the league.
Yup...and Henry may not be kicking extra points on a regular basis with Kelly in tonw.

Was very concerned about ACP taking Tolbert. Thought he'd get the Carolina trio to go with his other duo.Lynch/MJD/Brown/Tolbert - Best in the league? If Williams moves on Tolbert will be golden in Carolina. Two maybe three starters here with all of them being the goal line back.

On the kicker subject. It's such a mess at that position that the first K taken in this draft, Gostkowski, might get cut. If it happens he'll be sure to find a job but may not have the same value.

Brady (2), G Smith (17)Spiller (1), Leshoure (5), DuJuan (11), P Thomas (12)Cobb (3), S Smith (4), Amendola (6), M Williams (7), K Wright (8)M Bennett (9), J Tamme (10), Dreessen (18)Gostkowski (13), Walsh (14)Bills (15), Saints (16)Original plan was to land either Tolbert or Ivory as my RB5. Tolbert went first. I didn't want to lead a gift horse to water so I took Geno Smith to have some glimmer of hope at QB2, feeling confident I could get Ivory in the 18th. :angry: Devoid of any alluring options, I took some TE insurance in Dreessen. Not sure what I'm going to do to round this thing out.

Was very concerned about ACP taking Tolbert. Thought he'd get the Carolina trio to go with his other duo.Lynch/MJD/Brown/Tolbert - Best in the league? If Williams moves on Tolbert will be golden in Carolina. Two maybe three starters here with all of them being the goal line back.
I almost took Tolbert in front of both of you ............. in hindsight since Ivory didn't last (FUBSS) I should taken Tolbert

my squad with 2 picks to goQB - Romo, VickWR - Julio, VJax, Gordon, S.Hill, BurlesonTE - GronkowskiK - Vinatieri, SeabassD - Seattle, PittRock solid as it gets, might only roll with Gronkow at TE.However this is the achilles heel of this team:RB - Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Gio Bernard, Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Chris Ivorywhata bunch of bumms, usually I got lite at RB after Rb1, the Bradshaw thing is unfortunate, hopefully he latches on, I got 1a & 1b for the Colts if they dont draft someone, which they very well may. Need Gio Bernard to land in a good spot, Knowshon? Who Knows? Ivory was a shot in the dark.

'Captain Hook said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'BassNBrew said:
Really like the Jacoby Jones pick. I have been considering him for 5 rounds.
Same here. Just concerned about his targets even if Boldin leaves/retires.
Yup - unless Q leaves, Jacoby is irrelevant (outside leagues that credit kick return TDs or yardage)
:kicksrock: you're right, WR85 should be a lock for 90/1,000/12. I don't expect much from him but maybe a few relevant games.

'Captain Hook said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'BassNBrew said:
Yup - unless Q leaves, Jacoby is irrelevant (outside leagues that credit kick return TDs or yardage)
took him as my WR5 in WSL2 (15.14) over some other options I originally had lined up ahead of him at the time of my pick...starting thinking he may have carved himself out a niche in the offense/gameplan with his post season play and maybe has earned more snaps on a consistent basis...with BAL liking the deep ball and stretching the field, I think they have a nice duo in him and Smith...some guys have their "moment" and they kind of break out, this has that feel a little ...thought in best ball he could be a nice play...if Boldin leaves, he could see even more snaps...

'Captain Hook said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'BassNBrew said:
I don't think Jacoby returning to the Ravens should be considered a given.

QB - Brees, Ponder

RB - Forte, Woodhead, Gillislee

RB - David Wilson, Ingram

WR - Fitzgerald, Jacoby Jones

WR - Nicks, Baldwin

WR - Little, Jeffery

TE - VDavis, Cameron

DEF - San Fran, Tampa

PK - SGraham
Really happy with the starters at QB, RB, WR1/2, TE and DEF. Backups are weak across the board, as is WR3 unless Little/Jeffrey breakout. Wish I had taken a solid #3, but hoping for the best here.

I don't know much about Gillislee but his draft report sounds promising.

'Captain Hook said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'BassNBrew said:
TRUE because he wants a LOT of $$$$$

'Captain Hook said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'BassNBrew said:
took him as my WR5 in WSL2 (15.14) over some other options I originally had lined up ahead of him at the time of my pick...starting thinking he may have carved himself out a niche in the offense/gameplan with his post season play and maybe has earned more snaps on a consistent basis...with BAL liking the deep ball and stretching the field, I think they have a nice duo in him and Smith...some guys have their "moment" and they kind of break out, this has that feel a little ...thought in best ball he could be a nice play...if Boldin leaves, he could see even more snaps...
Like David Tyree

'Captain Hook said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'BassNBrew said:
TRUE because he wants a LOT of $$$$$
I detect some sarcasm. What he he wants is not relative since he's signed for $3 million but that's a lot of money for third WR on a a team that figures to be pressed against the cap if they resign Flacco. I see about a 0% chance they sign Flacco and Boldin and Jones return at their current pay. I'm not even certain they don't cut both Boldin and Jones but barring a drastic pay reduction by Boldin they won't keep both.

QB: Andrew Luck, Ryan FitzpatrickRB: Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson, Felix Jones, Michael Turner, Kendall Hunter, Stepfan TaylorWR: Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Jeremy Maclin, Andre Robertt, Jeremy KerleyTE: FinleyPK: Hauschka, Bironas DST: NYG, Colts Commentary to come later. Just wanted to list team. Tight End is obviously garbage, but like the rest of my set-up.

QB: Andrew Luck, Ryan FitzpatrickRB: Reggie Bush, Steven Johnson, Felix Jones, Michael Turner, Kendall Hunter, Stepfan TaylorWR: Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Jeremy Maclin, Andre Robertt, Jeremy KerleyTE: FinleyPK: Hauschka, Bironas DST: NYG, Colts Commentary to come later. Just wanted to list team. Tight End is obviously garbage, but like the rest of my set-up.
Love your WRs. Otherwise, I'm not all that impressed. Is Steven Johnson supposed to be Jackson?

My team so far:

1.02 Jeff Pasquino - Arian Foster - RB2 - Hou

2.15 Jeff Pasquino - Roddy White - WR8 - ATL

3.02 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Ryan - QB5 - ATL

4.15 Jeff Pasquino - Miles Austin - WR26 - DAL

5.02 Jeff Pasquino - Mike Wallace - WR27 - PIT/FA

6.15 Jeff Pasquino - Dennis Pitta - TE8 - BAL

7.02 Jeff Pasquino - Jay Cutler - QB19 - CHI
Certainly liked the Foster (lots of TDs and PPR love), Roddy White and Matt Ryan (pass-happy Falcons) start as the anchor to the team.I certainly like my WRs. Austin isn't a stud, but solid in PPR league. I like a solid, consistent WR2 in a PPR league like this. Mike Wallace as a WR3? Wow, absolutely yes, even with his uncertainty due to FA. If he lands in, say, New England or New Orleans? Wow.

Thought about reaching for RB2 at the 6/7 turn a little, but really happy to have helped start the mega-runs at QB and TE in Rds 6 and 7. Some nice RBs went at the 5/6 turn (esp. Wilson, was eying him since the 4/5 turn), but I think with Foster already on the team I wanted strength elsewhere for now.

Good pick by Fiddles on Flacco, but I like Cutler more for his big game upside - but would have been torn on Flacco for sure.

We'll see how the depth rounds out this roster.

----

Continuing the conversation....

8.15 Jeff Pasquino - Daryl Richardson - RB38 - STL

9.02 Jeff Pasquino - Brent Celek - TE17 - PHI

10.15 Jeff Pasquino - Ben Tate - RB46 - HOU

11.02 Jeff Pasquino - Bilal Powell - RB48 - NYJ
Three of four picks at RB, but for good reason. Only 1 RB on the team, so this is basically an "all in" on Arian Foster to support my running back position. I think Richardson and Powell both have good shots at good contributions for STL and NYJ, respectively. Had to take Ben Tate when I did (as Cap'n pointed out, just in time) as this basically locks up Foster/Tate for the Houston lead RB position.The bye week would hurt of course, but when you're all in on Foster, you can't afford not to have his backup.

Celek is a strong TE2 I think, especially in Chip Kelly's offense coming to Philadelphia.

Full roster:

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace

I like it. Certainly needs some depth at WR, but in best ball that can be built. After the Top 30-40 WRs, they all seem pretty flat from value point of view, so snagging 3 early and then addressing depth at QB, TE then RB looked like a solid plan to me. We'll see how it goes.
------
12.15 Jeff Pasquino - Davone Bess - WR68 - MIA

13.02 Jeff Pasquino - New England - DEF/ST7
Adding depth for WR4 here with a solid PPR player, who had 61-778-1 through 13 games last year. That put him at 49th overall last season in PPR scoring for the year and would have him at over 180 fantasy points for 16 games - and that's still with him needing a map to the end zone. If his TDs leveled out to the normal one per every 12-15 catches for most Top 50 WRs, he's a solid WR3 in this format at worst.New England defense - the run is likely to come now, and grabbing a team that was Top 10 last year and has several good matchups coming in 2013 (Miami x2, Buffalo x2, NY Jets x2, Cleveland, Carolina) plus a strong offense that should keep the defense rested, and you have to like their chances at finishing in the Top 10 for fantasy defenses once again.

Full roster:

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Davone Bess

D/ST - New England

14.15 Jeff Pasquino - Mason Crosby - PK5 - GB

15.02 Jeff Pasquino - Philadelphia Eagles - DEF/ST19

16.15 Jeff Pasquino - Donnie Avery - WR81 - INDY

17.02 Jeff Pasquino - Phil Dawson - PK22 - CLE/FA
Updating my team, I added a strong kicker who looks to be back in Green Bay and the top FA PK (Dawson) who was 29 of 31 for FGs last year. Even if he isn't back in Cleveland (which I think would be a plus) he is the top FA PK on most lists. Amazing how much PK uncertainty there is this year.Second defense - Eagles. Not a bad pick as they will force turnovers and rack up sacks under new coaching staff as there is talent there, and an improved offense will help keep them fresh.

Avery was a nice grab this late. Even though he is unsigned, the Colts want him back and he had good numbers (62-793-3) with a ton of targets (131) on a team that loves to throw. Even with drop issues, he's a player who can have big games and contribute to cover bye week issues and has enough upside to be used 3-5 times.

Full roster:

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Davone Bess, Donnie Avery

---
18.15 Jeff Pasquino - Joseph Randle - RB71 - ROOK

19.02 Jeff Pasquino - Marvin Jones - WR88 - CIN
Continuing.... grabbed my WR6 and RB5. Wanted a rookie with upside, so I took what I think is a Top 5 candidate. Read comparisons to F-Jax and he scored lots of TDs (14 last year, 24 in 2011) plus plenty of receptions (28 last year, 43 in 2011), so that sounds good to me.Marvin Jones - he has the inside track to be the WR2 in Cincy, so that's great value here and good upside.

Was looking at Stepfan Taylor and Brian Quick (who I also think will start). With the cut of Titus Young after a week in STL, I was losing hope that Quick would slide. Good picks on both.

Full roster:

RB - Arian Foster/Ben Tate, Daryl Richardson, Bilal Powell, Joseph Randle

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Davone Bess, Donnie Avery, Marvin Jones

QB - Brees, Ponder

RB - Forte, Woodhead, Gillislee

RB - David Wilson, Ingram

WR - Fitzgerald, Jacoby Jones

WR - Nicks, Baldwin

WR - Little, Jeffery, Jenkins

TE - VDavis, Cameron

DEF - San Fran, Tampa

PK - SGraham, Folk

Figured I'd end my draft with the SOD. Jenkins didn't do anything last year, but Harbaugh still seems to like the kid and there's room for him to move up. He has the raw talent, the coach, and a QB so no reason he shouldn't improve his 2nd season. He's saying all the right things now; let's see if he can bring it.

Folk of course is a free agent kicker, and I'm just hoping he sticks somewhere. Unless I'm missing someone, he appears to be the best remaining.

my squad with 2 picks to go

QB - Romo, Vick

WR - Julio, VJax, Gordon, S.Hill, Burleson, J. Morgan

TE - Gronkowski

K - Vinatieri, Seabass

D - Seattle, Pitt

Rock solid as it gets, might only roll with Gronkow at TE.

However this is the achilles heel of this team:

RB - Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Gio Bernard, Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Chris Ivory, LeGarrette Blount

whata bunch of bumms, usually I got lite at RB after Rb1, the Bradshaw thing is unfortunate, hopefully he latches on, I got 1a & 1b for the Colts if they dont draft someone, which they very well may. Need Gio Bernard to land in a good spot, Knowshon? Who Knows? Ivory was a shot in the dark.

LOL...

JeffP - Eagles

Ruds - Bills

Reaper - Jets

We could pencil these homer picks in before the draft.
Per PM

BassnBrew selects 17.10 Mike Tolbert- RB-Panthers

ETA I sent a PM to next
20.07 David Gettis, WR - CAR
:potkettle: BNB and Panthers
:potkettle: is right.Tolbert was a strong pick.

I'm not a LaFell believer and don't think Murphy will be back. With 3-5 WRs taken from several other teams and rookie WRs that won't see a snap being gobbled up, I was trying to take a shot at a WR2 on a decent passing offense.

Flacco/BradfordDoug Martin/Frank Gore/Lamichael James/Joique Bell/Christine Michael Dez Bryant/Antonio Brown/Cecil Shorts/Brian Hartline/Dewayne Harris/Quinton PattonHousler/Kendricks/Dallas ClarkPrater/SuccopCinci/JaxDoesn't look like much on paper but could go deep depending on the TEs.Really like Bell for where I got him. James I have buyers remorse on. Needs to work on those fumbles.Almost took another TE instead of those rookies but didn't see much of anything left.

20.03 Andre Ellington RB79 ROOK

5.14 James Jones WR34 GB

7.14 Lance Moore WR39 NO

19.14 Austin Collie WR92 ???

17.14 Josh Scobee PK26 JAC

18.03 Dan Carpenter PK28 MIA

17.14 Josh Scobee PK26 JAC & 18.03 Dan Carpenter PK28 MIA: I use the same approach for kickers as I do with the defenses. I wait as long as possible before I have to start taking them. Not much to say here, I drafted two kickers that I think will have starting jobs in 2013.

19.14 Austin Collie WR92 ???: With the last two picks of the draft I wanted to land some more WR & RB depth. In the 19th round I decided I wanted one of 2 WR's either Tavon Austin or Austin Collie. Since Tavon Austin was taken at pick 19.06 that ment that my decision was a whole lot easier here and that was Austin Collie as my target. I was glad he made it too me. I know Austin Collie has an injury history especailly concussions, but I think he can still be productive in the right offense. He may even land in Denver with Peyton Manning. I think in the 19th round and as my 7th WR he is well worth the risk here.

20.03 Andre Ellington RB79 ROOK: After landing my 7th WR in round 19 my plan in round 20 was to land my 5th running back. Running back is probably one of the weaker spot on my teams except for RB1 so I wanted a little more depth here to have more options for my RB2 by commitee aproach. I went with another rookie as my final running back because I wasn't excited about any of the veteran options. Andre Ellington was my target all along for this pick. I did have a backup in mind in case Andre Ellington was taken before my 20.03 pick. The other rookie RB I was considering if Ellington was gone was Jawan Jamison.

In my final analysis I like my team overal. It has its weak spots but I think it will be competitive for a long while. I went with a lot of upside with this team when drafting it, with a little bit of veteran players mixed in when the value looked right. I need one of my 2 rookie RB's to end up in a decent situation and contribute. If that happens I feel even better about my teams chances of going far.

I'm looking forward to hearing what others think of my team and draft in general.

QB - Stafford, KapRB - Lynch, MJD, Brown, TolbertWR - DJax, TY Hilton, Britt, D. Moore, Streater, Simpson, Meachem, GettisTE - Pettigrew, F. DavisD - Chicago, STLK - Bailey, LindellI really don't see any holes here. WR isn't the strongest at the top end, but I'll be firing a lot of shots each week.Really like the way this draft plan unfolded by taking two RBs to start. Don't feel like the QBs in the 3rd and 4th round really damaged my team. Those two should put up numbers that match the QBs selected in the first two rounds. The drop of the quality TEs to the later rounds really helped me (and a lot of other teams).

Brady (2), G Smith (17)Spiller (1), Leshoure (5), DuJuan (11), P Thomas (12), C Benson (19)Cobb (3), S Smith (4), Amendola (6), M Williams (7), K Wright (8), R Matthews (20)M Bennett (9), J Tamme (10), Dreessen (18)Gostkowski (13), Walsh (14)Bills (15), Saints (16)On the off chance Benson signs with GB, he is definitely worth a 19th rounder as there is not a whole lot of meat on the table this late. Matthews is a total flier, 7th rounder who was inactive most of the season, he showed a little bit at the end. Someone has to catch the ball in Miami? I contemplated another rookie QB.I'm feeling a bit thin at RB, I do not have a whole lot of faith in Leshoure being a solid RB2, will need to hit on the GB RB situation. Feeling pretty good elsewhere, but I am lacking the big name star power to look great on paper. Counting on a couple of up and comers continue to climb the ranks and have the WR group and Brady carry me along.

QB- Cam, LockerRB- Jamal Charles, Ryan Williams, Mendenhall, Vereen, TurbinWR- Garcon, Jennings, Edelman, Jarius Wright, Brian Quick, Tavon Austin, Jacoby FordTE-Hernandez, Dewayne AllenD- Texans, RedskinsK- Bryant, BarthI don't think I'm weak anywhere. WR might be the weakest spot but between the 7 of them I think they can get the job done most weeks. Biggest fear I'd have is an injury to a QB or TE leaving me with just one option.QB- Not sure in this scoring format but in several Cam was best fantasy QB second half of the season. I expect Locker to improve especially if Britt is healthy and Wright improves in his second season.RB- Love Charles with Reid. Williams pick was higher than I'm sure most of you would agree with but I think he's the lead back and he'll be healthier than we've seen him in the NFL. Mendenhall should either get a starting job or be a prominent member or a RBBC. I'm expecting Vereen's role to grow, possibly a ton if Woodhead leaves but don't think it's necessary for him to have value. Turbin to me is in the Tate/Bryce Brown category of handcuffs. What I like about him is the Seahawks had a penchant for blowing teams out and Lynch's back could combine to give him more opportunity. WR- Garcon just needs to stay healthy and I think he'll be a WR1 and a steal. Obviously don't know where Jennings will play but it's sure to be with a worse QB but no the other hand he's only surpassed 123 targets in a year once with a career high of 140 so I think even with a worse QB he could have his best season. Edelman is a bit of homerun but not entirely. If he takes Welker's job it's homerun, not that I think he's Welker but I think he'll produce stats but even with Welker he was starting to be productive last year when he was healthy. He could also leave NE altogether for a starting WR job. Brian Quick did next to nothing last year but it's a steep learning curve from Appalachian State to the NFL. Amendola might walk and Gibson as well and they already sliced Titus. Lot's of potential here if he can get a starting job, breakout potential. Same for Jarius Wright, big time potential if Harvin leaves but even if he stays he's probably the second best WR on the team. Tavon Austin seems like a walk in starting slot WR who some have projected as a first round pick. Jacoby Ford is on schedule to return healthy and if the lisfranc did not rob him of his speed I'm expecting some big plays and big games. DHB is going to likely leave and with Moore tanking last year it's entirely possible Ford becomes the leading or most productive WR on this team. TE- Hernandez is a stud that just needs to stay healthy but as good as he's been it might be more if Welker exits and he assumes that role. Allen was a very productive as rookies go for TE's, a position which rarely see's rookie production. I still think Fleener is the better player but I like prefer Allen's durability especially with Hernandez as my only other TE.D- Texans D was top 5 last year and with a lot of injuries. Could/should compete for #1D when healthy. Redskins D was solid for fantasy despite crushing injuries and think they can take a big leap with good health.K- Bryant and Barth were in the top 5 and top 10 last year and both seem assured of their jobs so can't ask for anything more.

Meno- I hope you're right about mendenhall. He's my 1 or 2 with Ingram in a 32 team league we just started. (spent my money on QB and WR).

20.15 Jeff Pasquino - Ed Dickson - TE35 - BAL
Could have gone in many directions with the final pick. Considered a rookie RB or a 7th WR, but I decided that Ed Dickson was a good value and had even bigger value for me since I had Pitta as my TE1. Ultimately I think that was the best decision for this squad.Overall final roster:

Full roster:

WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Davone Bess, Donnie Avery, Marvin Jones

TE - Dennis Pitta/Ed Dickson, Brent Celek

I really don't see a ton of holes aside from my usual "meh" RB2 approach - but having the Houston RB situation locked down as my RB1 makes that more solid. Strong QB pair, TE pair/trio, D/ST pairing too (I like Philly to rebound). Kickers are more solid than 1/2 the teams here given all the uncertainty across the league. Top 3 WR are very strong, with upside at WR5 and 6 (Bess is a solid but not flashy WR4). If one of the RB2s steps up to post a few points each week, I like this group.

20.15 Jeff Pasquino - Ed Dickson - TE35 - BAL
Could have gone in many directions with the final pick. Considered a rookie RB or a 7th WR, but I decided that Ed Dickson was a good value and had even bigger value for me since I had Pitta as my TE1. Ultimately I think that was the best decision for this squad.Overall final roster:

Full roster:

TE - Dennis Pitta/Ed Dickson, Brent Celek

I really don't see a ton of holes aside from my usual "meh" RB2 approach - but having the Houston RB situation locked down as my RB1 makes that more solid. Strong QB pair, TE pair/trio, D/ST pairing too (I like Philly to rebound). Kickers are more solid than 1/2 the teams here given all the uncertainty across the league. Top 3 WR are very strong, with upside at WR5 and 6 (Bess is a solid but not flashy WR4). If one of the RB2s steps up to post a few points each week, I like this group.
:2cents: one of the reasons I like to see guys include the round, etc in their team posts is to make it easier to take a look at other angles....etc

with Ryan on board maybe Cutler pick in 7th could have been Lamar Miller (?)...and then could have snagged Vick in 8 or 9 as a guy to pair with your stud QB....kind of guy with potential to have those blow up weeks that might outscore your stud....

don't get me wrong...Ryan/Cutler/Richarson is nice (depending on how high you are on Richardson)...but if Miller is the main guy in MIA, he might have been a little more of a solid RB2...

Ryan/Cutler/Richarson or Ryan/Vick/Miller....hmmmm

not a huge Austin fan as #2 (seems like we still live off his one good stretch a few years ago) but the Wallace pick helps that as does the Avery pick if he resigns (like that pick)....

Crosby should be employed no matter what I guess...but missing over 1/3rd (12) of your kicks won't cut it on most teams....he's got to get off to a good start in preseason/first few weeks....

Final squad and thoughtsQB - Roethlisberger (4) , Freeman (5) , & Dixon (18) I thought Roethlisberger and Freeman was a very good pairing but couldn't resist picking dennis Dixon who recently signed on with the Eagles with his Oregon coach Chip Kelly. I like this groupRB - Peterson (1), Pierce (9), Reece (10), McCluster (17), & Gerhart(19)ADP and some shots at weekly RB2. Pierce's role with the Ravens grew all year and even playing behind Rice he will score some weeks. Reece is a ppr back with great upside - as is McCluster and yes he may get moved to the WR group which is fine. If Peterson breaks the record next year this group will be fine but even having Gerhart on board won't prevent a large hole if he falters.WR - Welker (2), Wayne (3), G. Tate (8), Sanu (11), & Hixon (20)Old reliable vets Wayne and Welker with emerging studs in Tate and Sanu. Hixon was the best dart I could find at 20.16 and he certainly showed the ability last year - maybe he gets a new team or one of the other Giant wideouts defectTE - H. Miller (6), B. Myers (7), & S. Chandler (13) All the top options disappeared in rounds one and two and a few more in three and four so I looked for a good combo, completely forgetting about Miller's injury but glad to read later he has said he will be back on time. Myers came out of nowhere but Palmer loves him and I can't imaging the Raiders letting him go. Chandler will be back even earlier and is a Big target for Fitz (or whomever replaces him). Three for extra shots given no STUDK - Zuerlein (15) & Forbath (16)Two good legs who both have jobsDST - Arizona Cardinals (12) & Tennessee Titans (14)Aside from the fact they were on the field too much last year the Cards DST was very good and should be better this year + Patrick Peterson is a threat to go to the house on any punt return or interception. Titans as I mentioned were overlooked but had three games of 20+ points last year and one was over 30Overall it doesn't look studly but then the Turtle wins a lot of races by just surviving

I almost took hixon in the 20th just decided I'd look for a rookie and Patton I guess had a good senior bowl showing.

Peyton Manning - QB4 - Den Stefan Ridley - RB18 - NEJonathan Stewart - RB21 - CARDeAngelo Williams - RB29 - CARIsaac Redman - RB53 - PITJonathan Dwyer - RB60 - PITCalvin Johnson - WR1 - Det Justin Blackmon - WR22 - JAXEmmanuel Sanders - WR52 - PITBrandon Gibson - WR57 - STLJosh Morgan - WR76 - WASHTerrance Williams - WR79 - ROOKAustin Pettis -- WRJermaine Gresham - TE13 - CINMarcedes Lewis - TE16 - JAXDustin Hopkins - PK24 - ROOKCaleb Sturgis PK RookDenver - DEF/ST4Cleveland Browns - DEF/ST30Oakland Raiders DEF/ST32I couldn't find a good time to take a QB2, and then I just decided to roll tight with Peyton. If he goes down I'm likely sunk anyway, so decided to just gamble with him. Cmon denver and get Clady signed. double rookie kickers may leave me with no starters but after pk 23 I think a lot of the guys are close to not having jobs anyway. This early the fringe kickers are a total crapshoot. I'm hoping that between Redman and Dwyer I've got the cleanup guy in Pgh. Having Stewart and Denaglo is a total unknown at this point too -- may be gold if DW can get a RBBC gig elsewhere and leave JS the starter. may be a heap of turd too.

Peyton Manning - QB4 - Den Stefan Ridley - RB18 - NEJonathan Stewart - RB21 - CARDeAngelo Williams - RB29 - CARIsaac Redman - RB53 - PITJonathan Dwyer - RB60 - PITCalvin Johnson - WR1 - Det Justin Blackmon - WR22 - JAXEmmanuel Sanders - WR52 - PITBrandon Gibson - WR57 - STLJosh Morgan - WR76 - WASHTerrance Williams - WR79 - ROOKAustin Pettis -- WRJermaine Gresham - TE13 - CINMarcedes Lewis - TE16 - JAXDustin Hopkins - PK24 - ROOKCaleb Sturgis PK RookDenver - DEF/ST4Cleveland Browns - DEF/ST30Oakland Raiders DEF/ST32I couldn't find a good time to take a QB2, and then I just decided to roll tight with Peyton. If he goes down I'm likely sunk anyway, so decided to just gamble with him. Cmon denver and get Clady signed. double rookie kickers may leave me with no starters but after pk 23 I think a lot of the guys are close to not having jobs anyway. This early the fringe kickers are a total crapshoot. I'm hoping that between Redman and Dwyer I've got the cleanup guy in Pgh. Having Stewart and Denaglo is a total unknown at this point too -- may be gold if DW can get a RBBC gig elsewhere and leave JS the starter. may be a heap of turd too.
:unsure:

Let there be no confusion -- I don't like this team very much. But, a lot here is still undefined.
So what happened? I asked this because I would have selected CJ if available and may have strayed down this path.I suspect taking a RB in the 2nd and Stafford in the 3rd would have netted a better team.Stewart/Dwilly could be huge or bust.

Users who are viewing this thread